Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

ModeSix posted:

I am not sure what the concern over having to self-heal is, it's literally part of the rotation and fits into the GCD dance in between the Melee Hit and Melee Strike cooldowns. (these two moves are on separate CD's so should be alternated back and forth, if you're not using both you're doing it wrong). I am literally blasting faces of poo poo 5-8 levels higher than I am and not dying, yes there's a lot of self-healing but that's uhhh what it's there for?

This is coming from someone that started playing this about two hours ago for the first time ever. I've never played CU and only about 10 minutes of NGE.

i think the problem is that those self healing heavy fights take forever and mostly throw you med exp which doesn't help you kill dudes faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

I never thought I could enjoy SWG if it wasn't pre-cu, but this Restoration 3 server actually kind of nails it. CU mixed with NGE QoL makes for an almost modern feeling game and is kind of fun to play.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ModeSix posted:

I never thought I could enjoy SWG if it wasn't pre-cu, but this Restoration 3 server actually kind of nails it. CU mixed with NGE QoL makes for an almost modern feeling game and is kind of fun to play.

The CU actually made the game a lot better in live imo, but it was done so ham-fistedly and with no warning from SOE that a lot of people didn't bother to stick around and find out. A lot of the rabbling came from established players who were pissed that their server best armor and resources were turned to poo poo overnight. I'd also wager a lot of players conflate the NGE and CU in their memories because the CU was only around for a few months and it was a long rear end time ago.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It was the crafting system getting hit with a tac nuke that did it for me. I really, really liked the old school resource system. Crafting from it was sort of meh, but I lived and died by that site that tracked server specific resources, current spawns, hunting across planets for good extractor drop sites and so on.

When it went away, so did I.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the only thing that has ever been needed to fix pre-CU crafting on a live or large-emu (Basilisk especially) is more items. make way more objects that can be made, placed, consumed for maintenance, etc. than ever existed in live and a lot of the problems with entrenched top-tier crafters go away. needs to be somewhere closer to EVE in terms of variety of stuff to make/buy/sell

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

bird food bathtub posted:

It was the crafting system getting hit with a tac nuke that did it for me. I really, really liked the old school resource system. Crafting from it was sort of meh, but I lived and died by that site that tracked server specific resources, current spawns, hunting across planets for good extractor drop sites and so on.

I don't recall the resource spawn system ever changing.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

SWGcraft :rip:

I quite like the CU way of crafting, especially AS where you just add more cores to make better armour in whatever skin you like [up to a point].

I REALLY miss doc and CM crafting though. I used to make mind disease grenades using Janta blood and whatever else rare drops it took that could turn your maxed out mind bar black in seconds. The ticks were bigger than a master TK could meditate away. My CM/rifles was Jedi-bane.

Saying that I don't miss having to get buffs simply to put armour on.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

the resource system never really changed though? they also revamped weapon crafting in an actual good way a few years into the nge lmao

also swgcraft is still alive and well, working on every random emu server

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Goast posted:

the resource system never really changed though? they also revamped weapon crafting in an actual good way a few years into the nge lmao

also swgcraft is still alive and well, working on every random emu server

I love you.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Burt posted:

I love you.

I haven't used swgcraft but there are players submitting data on swgaide too. If you look at a particular resource, it will show you all of the schematics in which it can be used and how it compares to other resources on the server. I believe there is even a buddy application you can use to import which resources you have stocked up and figure out what you can craft with them. If you want the best chance of finding a hot area, look for resources that have great stats and haven't been added to the site yet. Also, if you go to Find Resources, you can choose a specific category (like aluminum or iron) and check active resources to get a list of all active resources on the server.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010

Burt posted:

I REALLY miss doc and CM crafting though. I used to make mind disease grenades using Janta blood and whatever else rare drops it took that could turn your maxed out mind bar black in seconds. The ticks were bigger than a master TK could meditate away.

Med crafting is still in, it's under Bio Engineer. I think it needs some buffs, since using the ability without the crafted item is only maybe 10-20% worse, and Medic xx1x is about as good as Stim B's in terms of effectiveness. Would be nice if the crafted stuff would significantly improve your abilities, even if that meant nerfing the base output to keep things balanced.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Is it possible to tame Grauls? I have food but still can't do it. Do I need tapes?

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

I RAN "COMEDY" THROUGH GOOGLE AND THIS IS ALL I GOT! ZULUZULUZULU!

Anyone still playing on R3? Started there a week or so ago, and aside from some friction points (CH/BE issues mainly), it's been pretty fun.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Reindeer Flotilla posted:

Anyone still playing on R3? Started there a week or so ago, and aside from some friction points (CH/BE issues mainly), it's been pretty fun.

I was and played quite a bit, but until phase 1 rolls around there's not much to keep my logging in much at the moment.

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

Theophany posted:

I was and played quite a bit, but until phase 1 rolls around there's not much to keep my logging in much at the moment.

Fair - the group I play with is starting to get frustrated at the amount of broken stuff as well, coupled with the 2 character limit.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Reindeer Flotilla posted:

Fair - the group I play with is starting to get frustrated at the amount of broken stuff as well, coupled with the 2 character limit.

I think it's probably a good idea to avoid burning out at such an early stage too. Once the Mustafar and Jedi unlocks go live I'll be less hesitant to put some hours into it.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I am still playing and loving it with the exception that the only regular way to make money right now for me is spin groups or BH missions.
I have tried all forms of crafting but hit the resource wall fairly hard and nobody wants to buy current spawn resources. I have millions of very good stuff that I cannot even sell for cost.

So what I am saying is give me all your money.

Wet Fifty
Dec 6, 2005

Greetings from the inner-
city, high-humidity, ass
and titty bar.
Does anyone play on the SWGEmu client anymore? Thinking I want to get back into this game, but not sure if it's worth the effort if it's already in a situation where everyone already has everything done and high end crafters are already solidified.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

So I blinked and seem to have missed some drama that removed 2 [3?] of the biggest cities on Dant, all because of the mayor "allegedly" having multiple accounts, which seems rather harsh on everyone that was in the guild/citizens.

Reindeer Flotilla
Mar 14, 2006

Burt posted:

So I blinked and seem to have missed some drama that removed 2 [3?] of the biggest cities on Dant, all because of the mayor "allegedly" having multiple accounts, which seems rather harsh on everyone that was in the guild/citizens.

My limited understanding is that the reason the cities went down is because the extra accounts were the owners of all of the city halls and most of the other city add-ons. Nike didn't have the best rep to begin with, and the server owners are pretty hardcore when they think rules are being broken, so them going scorched earth isn't too surprising.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

So I think Resto is pretty dead at the momnet so I tried Legends and crikey, 1100 people online!
Made a couple of dudes to try out medic and BH but the first thing I noticed is the inflation! Went to buy a L90 gun and they started at like 100k and went up from there. Someone was spamming local with "capped" POB ships for 40 million!

How to I make money on Legends please? Either that or send Anyhoo or Burtressa any spare bazzilions you have laid about!

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Burt posted:

So I think Resto is pretty dead at the momnet so I tried Legends and crikey, 1100 people online!
Made a couple of dudes to try out medic and BH but the first thing I noticed is the inflation! Went to buy a L90 gun and they started at like 100k and went up from there. Someone was spamming local with "capped" POB ships for 40 million!

How to I make money on Legends please? Either that or send Anyhoo or Burtressa any spare bazzilions you have laid about!

I think a little under half of that population on legends are bots.

Pretty sure..

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
That's extremely good for SWG

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

Burt posted:

When you get your vet rewards the crate of free resources will sell for upwards of 7 million if you're patient, and the self powered harvester deed for 1-2 million. It makes for a nice initial cash infusion. If you're into space content always check the stats on your looted parts before selling to the Chassis Dealer, I randomly looted a part that sold for 160 million that way. The pinned messages in the pilot channel of the Legends discord have handy info on that.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

TerminalSaint posted:

When you get your vet rewards the crate of free resources will sell for upwards of 7 million if you're patient, and the self powered harvester deed for 1-2 million. It makes for a nice initial cash infusion. If you're into space content always check the stats on your looted parts before selling to the Chassis Dealer, I randomly looted a part that sold for 160 million that way. The pinned messages in the pilot channel of the Legends discord have handy info on that.

Is there any way to make the controls for space less poo poo?

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

I use a joystick :shrug:

It's not competitive for PVP, but if you're playing SWG for PVP you need more help than I can offer.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

TerminalSaint posted:

Brilliant, thank you for that! That's going to help a lot.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

If anyone still cares about this dumb game, there is a new official SWGEmu server named "Finalizer" which launched a few weeks ago.

Changes from Basilisk are basically:

1) 2 characters max per account, but only 1 can be logged in.
2) No ADKs, resource crates, or lightsaber resist PSGs.
3) 1 week village phases.
4) 24 hour time limit before a BH can accept the same Jedi's mision.
5) DoT Weapon max stacks reduced from 9999 to 2000, but there is a lot of talk about just removing DoT weapons entirely.

The dev team is also going to increase group XP splits soon. I keep hearing it's going to be raised to 80%, but I'm not sure if the dev team actually released a number yet. It also sounds like the dev team is trying to get rid of fight clubbing, if not outright banning players for participating in anything similar to them.

Mux fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 30, 2021

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Holy hell, they actually did a new server that isn't Suncrusher?

Buffbotting seems to be a bit nerfed per those rules, but not necessarily in a way that would inhibit it from still happening. Might be tempted to get back into it.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Drone posted:

Buffbotting seems to be a bit nerfed per those rules, but not necessarily in a way that would inhibit it from still happening. Might be tempted to get back into it.

Community feels really active right now since most of the ents and docs are at the keyboard talking to people again like on live. You can even invite people into your party from anywhere in the galaxy now like a modern MMO. :haw:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Mux posted:

Community feels really active right now since most of the ents and docs are at the keyboard talking to people again like on live.

This owns. Very fun memories (even at the beginning of Basilisk) of manually botting in Coronet med center and just shooting the poo poo with people.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Those server rules sound pretty good if they can actually be enforced.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Finalizer has been great. The Devs recently made a change to stop faction pets from counting towards mission level, stopping Imperials from grouping with their AT-ST and pulling Janta destroy missions on Dantooine all day. A very small but very vocal minority is howling because they have literally no idea what to do except that.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Proud Christian Mom posted:

A very small but very vocal minority is howling because they have literally no idea what to do except that.

ignoring the howling grogs that have been playing the same game for almost 2 decades makes me want to reinstall

The Source
Jul 11, 2021
any finalizer guilds running yet?

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012
Welp, I watched the first episode of Book of Boba Fett and now I’ve got the SWG bug again. Is anyone playing on Legends? I’ve seriously considered moving to other servers but that’s the one I’ve got my Mando helm on so it’s gonna be a hard sell to go somewhere else.

XakEp
Dec 20, 2002
Amor est vitae essentia

Any of the old school Lowca crowd still playing this game?

Jiimy
Mar 25, 2003

I'm in on Finalizer with an artisan getting set up. Where is Adhinko? We need a mayor who can do what MUST be done. My in game name is Jiimy, I'm on with 2 other goons right now we are just grinding in/around Mos Eisley.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

my hardcore SWG-fan friend let me know about Finalizer and ive been having a blast the past few days. Cant believe so many ppl are playing SWG in 2022

We somehow have been roping in a few more friends to play and I think we're gonna try to start a city soon. I imagine we'll want to get a lot more ppl on-board, but I dont know when that will be happening.

Be sure to hit me up and say hi if you see me. In-game names are ScootsMcSkirt/Jiembo and ive been tooling around Mos Eisley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Apparently it has population in the high hundreds, which is pretty neat.

I'm still sticking with bloodfin but mostly because I like the additions they made.