Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Alec Eiffel posted:

PFC regaling us with nineties alt rock facts

It was extremely funny when you tried to make fun of my hairline and absolutely no one acknowledged your post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
incubus was the superior 90’s stoner band

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

311's self-titled album came out in 1995, that predates the rap rock boom by a good two or three years.

What about Rage Against the Machine’s self-titled in 92????

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
https://youtu.be/V0PEZGWsGlY

Apr 7, 2003

Red Baron posted:

incubus was the superior 90’s stoner band

PARDON ME WHILE I poo poo
IN MY PANTS

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

It was extremely funny when you tried to make fun of my hairline and absolutely no one acknowledged your post.

I did but I didn't feel like posting

Apr 7, 2003

Alec Eiffel posted:

What about Rage Against the Machine’s self-titled in 92????

Also not rap rock

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Alec Eiffel posted:

PyPy, don’t listen to these fools. You do good work. You do the Lord’s work. Glad to hear you’re a little better.

ty, I like to think I receive criticism well and grow into a stronger poster from it

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Sugary pork cheeks may be a good nickname but i think I'm gonna keep it out of my spaghetti cuz i want vegetable spaghetti. I do toss some mexican chicken dust (caldo de pollo!) in there

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It’s even funnier when I post a picture of my child and start a multi-page detail about “doxxing my child”

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Man, you all like some lovely music

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

311's self-titled album came out in 1995, that predates the rap rock boom by a good two or three years.

hmmm sounds like they maybe invented it then, at the very least trailblazers of thr genre

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Yeah those crumbles mixed with some good taco seasoning makes for some good tacos.

My wife and I are dumb and call things by different names sometimes (shut up, you all do) and the other night we ended up calling tempeh 'tump' and it made me think of this thread.

Tumpeh

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If you went to Six Flags in the early 2000s, Incubus’ Drive was played on repeat endlessly to the point where I associate the song with the theme park.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

PyPy posted:

I was more of a Kottonmouth Kings fan

lol

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
hold on I have to find this picture to share…stay tooned

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

goth smoking cloves posted:

I like technical death metal (amazingly stupid genre name) and marty robbins so i think you've got some apologizing to do

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Hatebag posted:

Lol i usually use like 4 or 5 28 oz cans of tomatoes so that would be like half a pound of butter. I think i may have revealed the hidden secret: a fuckton of butter. Maybe I'll give it a shot

the butter/tomato ratio does not need to be a linear function; a stick of butter is probably enough for at least 3 28oz cans. However, if you want more butter, go for it; like I said, the combination seems to be magical, and so long as you get close it all just works.

Also in my experience adding some garlic makes no perceptible difference; it's like the spurious chair in Contact. Oh, and you cook it for like an hour or so, and then fish the onion out or not, whatever you like. The onion turns to mush anyway.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
BAE OF PIGS, I refer to things by their proper name. Language matters: don’t corrupt it.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hatebag posted:

I like technical death metal (amazingly stupid genre name) and marty robbins so i think you've got some apologizing to do

We all listened to Atheist in high school

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/_Albannnnnnnnnn/status/1479128317370449929

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Late 90s had some really awful music but 311 was definitely some of the worst

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

what

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

That stuff is delicious (though it's hard to find the Good Stuff in the US; Italian youtubes for those classic guanciale recipes involve huge blocks of it that I have never seen in this country) but pork hates me now for some reason and when I made amatriciana the last few times I felt like I was going to die

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

:pray: please die bitch

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

Stefan Prodan posted:

Watch the 1998-2000 mtv vmas and tell me again that 311 is amongst its worst

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Alec Eiffel posted:

PFC regaling us with nineties alt rock facts

PFC's right.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

PyPy posted:

hold on I have to find this picture to sharestay tooned

this is a real picture of cds i found when i was told to "clear my poo poo out" of my parent's house in mid 2021

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

there was at least one good song

but The Soft Bulletin (Flaming Lips) was probably the best late-90s mainstream album, an opinion I got from music child

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/BadVaccineTakes/status/1479416963143282688

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

tenderjerk posted:

Watch the 1998-2000 mtv vmas and tell me again that 311 is amongst its worst

I mean it's just my opinion but I think "down" is among the worst songs that's ever gotten significant playtime

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Hatebag posted:

I saw Dillinger escape plan once back when they didn't have this weird singer they have now (I think). Honestly haven't listened to them much in the last 10-15 years.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

LOL everybody's just trying to recover from the disappointment yesterday. Everybody knows the only rap rock band worth listening to is limp bisquick.

Oh, okay. They're from Jacksonville. This explains a lot.

Apr 7, 2003

"death is good actually"

That's the siren call of a dying culture, gently caress's sake

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i dont see you posting any music, fucko

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

They're running from Mike Pence.