Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

space uncle posted:

Have you ever tried to travel with insulin, breast milk, or a wheelchair?

It loving sucks. gently caress the TSA. When the terrorists come for us it will be packing explosives into glucose monitors and underneath the seat cushions of stroke victims.

The weirdest part is how insanely random it is. It would be like if every 3 times you went to the grocery store the cashier berated you and threatened to arrest you for bagging peaches wrong. Then you go to the store in another town and they don’t give a poo poo about peaches at all. On Mondays you have to wear shoes and on Tuesdays you can’t. “Leave all the laptops in the bags but take out all electronics”

It’s funny to watch when the lines get completely deadlocked and you watch in real time as the TSA jettisons literally every single rule and just waves people through until the lines are short again.

What an insane hill to die on.
In my experience, the rules change drastically depending on what airport you fly out of

Like I've had my home airport always make people take laptops out of their bags, but more than half the time if I fly out of another airport they just let you leave all of that in.

It also pisses me off that 20+ years later, we are still taking off our shoes because of one guy trying to light his shoe on fire.

and yes, as mentioned, this is all a waste of time because the TSA agents never catch the real weapons (which aren't the liquids in your bag or baby formula or whatever).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
"An agency that theoretically keeps people from flying planes into buildings isn't the worst idea in the world"

"Yeah how do you like the taste of that BOOT LEATHER"

Okay very serious people, you win this argument :jerkbag:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You love cops and want to hug & kiss them

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Futanari Damacy posted:

"An agency that theoretically keeps people from flying planes into buildings isn't the worst idea in the world"

They don't actually do this and this is not why the TSA exists. If you think that you are genuinely a rube.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Bust Rodd posted:

You love cops and want to hug & kiss them

Instead of showering I just have a millimeter wave scanner that I walk through 3x day

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They don't actually do this and this is not why the TSA exists. If you think that you are genuinely a rube.

Would you say it's a grift, or an op? Everything I don't like is one of these two things

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Futanari Damacy posted:

retard

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Futanari Damacy posted:

They solved the problem by putting locks on the cockpit doors. 9/11 was fixed. Groping people and making them show feet before they can get on a plane has nothing to do with safety.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Futanari Damacy posted:

theoretically, your posts don't suck poo poo

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Futanari Damacy posted:

Would you say it's a grift, or an op? Everything I don't like is one of these two things
They're a division of the Department of Homeland Security so I'm gonna go with both

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Groovelord Neato posted:

It was funny telling my coworkers that the spinny machine you walk through let's them see all of you. They didn't realize they could see your dick and all.

I can see why Madden took a bus everywhere.

I thought they updated the dick viewer software to display your contraband on a generic 3D body model. I remember the TSA agents were saving body scans of nice tits and big dicks so they made that change.

Wouldn’t surprise me if there still unpatched dick viewers out there though.

I’m not trying to punch down on the average TSA worker but I’m certainly not going to applaud them for their “labor” either.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“Post-911 security measures are good, actually” is a pretty nuts take even for the Chapo thread

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the TSA sucks just like nearly every aspect of having to fly or go to an airport sucks, literally everyone knows this

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I feel like that guy is doing a bit, we're getting way too close to 'bush kept us safe' for it to be unironic

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

They solved the problem by putting locks on the cockpit doors. 9/11 was fixed. Groping people and making them show feet before they can get on a plane has nothing to do with safety.

it's so loving funny that we did 100% 'fix' 9/11 by just making cockpits into little fortresses and from my friend who's a pilot's experiences it seems to work well and most everyone involved agrees 'yep, this'll keep us safe from either some idiot getting drunk and rowdy or an actual terrorist attack, good fix', but then we also had to dump a pile of 'and also we'll give the dumbest people in your city no training and full authority to just destroy your life if you don't let them shove a magnetic wand up your rear end' because 'just make the cockpit secure' didn't line enough pockets.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

They should have given pilots guns loaded with chalk bullets like the French did

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

space uncle posted:

I thought they updated the dick viewer software to display your contraband on a generic 3D body model. I remember the TSA agents were saving body scans of nice tits and big dicks so they made that change.

Wouldn’t surprise me if there still unpatched dick viewers out there though.

I’m not trying to punch down on the average TSA worker but I’m certainly not going to applaud them for their “labor” either.

how the gently caress is it punching down? if you're in the airport, they can gently caress your life up on a whim

selec
Sep 6, 2003

The only time I have ever been sexually harassed by a woman it was a lady TSA agent at the Detroit airport. I used to have to fly out of there like every other week for a year, and our schedules just lined up.

First time she looks at my ID, then me, just says “You’re cute” in the most perverse voice I’ve ever heard from a woman.

From there on out it was like “oh it’s my white boy again?” Or “sweetie I would drive you home” or the like whenever I saw her. But she was a big fine and it was always incredibly flattering because I’m a dude and there wasn’t even the hint in my mind that I was in danger, despite the fact that she coulda probably thrown me through a wall.

Anyway that’s my TSA story.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Remember that guy who just flew with his rifle then pulled it out and shot people when he landed and got it from his checked baggage

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Pod chat: For someone dedicated to defending animal rights, it was extremely irresponsible of Matt to let his dog anywhere near the Rat King.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Congrats to the thread regulars who were shouted out in the last episode.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

net work error posted:

Remember that guy who just flew with his rifle then pulled it out and shot people when he landed and got it from his checked baggage

Remember when some agency tested the efficacy of TSA finding weapons during screenings and it turned out they literally have a 95% failure rate?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

felix was a union trashman right? or that's just where he thought he'd end up without patreon?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think he was a bouncer

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
Wow I cant believe Felix would flaunt his privilege by wishing death upon the residents of Cheshire forest, its very telli-sorry I cant keep this up

Futanari Damacy posted:

ladies and gentlemen, the foremost resident of said forest
please disappear swiftly

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Futanari Damacy posted:

It wasn't a lack of a TSA that let 9/11 happen even thought we had intelligence reports about possible attacks, it was the Bush admin not caring and basically wanting something as an excuse to go to war. The TSA basically exists as pure theatre to justify its own existence.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

last time i went through the TSA body scanner it drew a red square over my crotch. the pat down guy got a pained expression on his face so I went "don't worry, I don't have an erection" and we had a good laugh about it

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Exit Through the Grift/Op

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

You set off the small penis alarm

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

net work error posted:

You set off the small penis alarm

planet fitness' dink alarm

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

taking the batteries out of a stud finder, turning them around backwards, then watching it beep like crazy when it's pointed at your dick

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
angrily demanding a crotch patdown so I 'get my tax dollars worth at least' every time I fly

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Writing “Bomb” on my penis and going to the airport because something, anything has to work

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Futanari Damacy posted:

Congrats on out bust rodding bust rodd

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

inferis posted:

I get groped by tsa every single time I fly.

willingly same :swoon:

no way i'm ever walking through that loving backscatter lmao

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
E: wrong thread

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Also that scanners don't even work and are pretty easy to defeat.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh they work at sending millimeter waves through your body

Past that, who knows lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My exciting TSA story is the time I decided to take some of my late grandfather's old WW2 bullets back home with me and, being a very intelligent person, notify the TSA about this (while in line before going through the metal detector). I think my reasoning at the time was "this might be a problem, so I should ask."

After a bunch of stuff ending with me getting on the plane home with a to-be-determined court date back in Boston (where my grandparents lived), the police (or whatever agency it was) guy sends a message to the plane telling me to come meet with him off of the plane. So I leave the plane and he proceeds to notify me that actually I'm fine and wouldn't have to go to a court date because the bullets in question were inert, and apparently this makes them not-illegal. I missed the flight because of this, but it was preferable to the alternative.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

KATAMARI DO YO BEST!!!!!!!!!

Picnic kibun, feel so good!

OH YEAHHH!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm really enjoying the DnD eps, my secret weakness is poo poo like, calling a dragon who underpays his goblins Beff Jezos though so I admit I'm compromised