Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

someone should make a thread for the fake phone version so i dont have to even disgrace my beautiful computer monitor with these jobroni geeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Season launch time.
https://twitter.com/leagueoflegends/status/1479467875060654090?s=21

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
if you don’t vote for more goth skins you hosed up

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm waiting for Bard to drop in Wild Rift so I never have to play PC league again

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Hmmm, so new support is silko right?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDYqT0_9VR4

this owns, about goddamned time we give some champs that aren't from Ionia a chance to show off!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Sexpansion posted:

Hmmm, so new support is silko right?

Silco has been explicitly stated to not be showing up in League, hence Teamfight Tactics having to make him from scratch.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I was told the call was going to be the rest of Targon getting invited to Diana and Leona's wedding this is some loving garbage Pantheon you are responsible for catering this is not time to be adventuring!!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That video really drives home how goddamn stupid Kai'Sa's design is

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Firebert posted:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Is there an emulator that plays well with Wild Rift? Arcane has given me the brainrot, but despite my best efforts, I can't stand PC. WR is enjoyable, but I don't like playing MOBAs on a phone.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Eh screw it here's all of em:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_54Lcd0aA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIeiE9241Z8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI7i0MgnVms

new voting for rework: Shyvana, Skarner, Nocturne, Tryndamere, Kog'maw

you guys will break my heart forever if you don't help out my dear boy Skarner, the crystal scar has been weeping since they attached dominion to his poor back. save him, save all of us

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Firebert posted:

Where's the poll

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

That video really drives home how goddamn stupid Kai'Sa's design is

Warriors did this as well, its super noticable any time she shows up in one of these cinematics. I do prefer Taliyah's look here to how she looked in The Climb though.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Cavelcade posted:

Where's the poll

In the client next week I think

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Servaetes posted:

Eh screw it here's all of em:

Is there somewhere I can read this in article form

Servaetes posted:

new voting for rework: Shyvana, Skarner, Nocturne, Tryndamere, Kog'maw

you guys will break my heart forever if you don't help out my dear boy Skarner, the crystal scar has been weeping since they attached dominion to his poor back. save him, save all of us

I'm voting for Skarner but I'm operating on the assumption Nocturne will win by a giant margin

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/community/choose-a-champion-update/

"Kog’Maw hasn’t aged well at all. His kit’s kind of all over the place, torn between a hyper scaling ADC and an AP-focused artillery champ. He also feels out of place among his more sinister Void brethren, and while we love our cute Void puppy, we’d want to make him feel more... Void-y.

If we were to update Kog’Maw, we’d give him a full kit overhaul while amplifying his hyperscaling “protect the puppy” auto-focused playstyle. We’ll do our best to retain the artillery AP portion of his kit, but if push comes to shove, we’ll sacrifice it to make his AD face-melter part shine."

literally ruined

e:

Udyr vgu up https://www.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/dev/dev-the-latest-on-udyr-s-vgu/

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Skarner most needs it but boy howdy so does Shyvanna

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Riot posted:

Skarner is one of the least played champions, and honestly he needs a lot of work. We’d aim to fully reimagine his kit and theme, similar to older VGUs like Sion and Urgot. Like his Brackern kin, Skarner’s generic crystal scorpion fantasy is the relic of a bygone era, and we’d strive to give him a clearer, more exciting source of power. This would likely result in big changes to his visuals and story.

As for his kit, the fact that his playrate remains so low despite past reworks is indicative of deep-rooted issues we’d aim to address with a complete overhaul. While certain basic elements and ideas might remain the same, you can expect his new kit to deliver on new and exciting themes in ways his current kit simply cannot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOTyUfOHgas

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Barudak posted:

Her being here again is so baffling to me because I’m sure they’ve talked about work being done on a Shyvana rework already.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Maybe it's because he's dogshit

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
they are gonna change skarner into a young asian girl with a lasso lol

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Just bring him back to where he was after his 4.10 rework and don’t do anything else thank you

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Silco has been explicitly stated to not be showing up in League, hence Teamfight Tactics having to make him from scratch.

Huh. From the show I was almost certain Silco was going to become Shaco at some point.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
There sure are a lot of Systems™ in the skins/events video.

JUST BRING BACK AP SKARNER gently caress THESE PROGRESS BARS

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Arcturas posted:

Huh. From the show I was almost certain Silco was going to become Shaco at some point.

Okay now I’m curious how this thought came about. Considering Shaco is an evil doll/toy.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Please stop reworking my champs, please and thank you.

Two of my only good champs were old Fiddle and Old Irelia, and now I can't use either to save my life. Udyr is also a favorite. :(

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Firebert posted:

In the client next week I think

It's in the client now, on the home page under Season 2022.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Veryslightlymad posted:

Please stop reworking my champs, please and thank you.

Two of my only good champs were old Fiddle and Old Irelia, and now I can't use either to save my life. Udyr is also a favorite. :(

Would you say you’re very slightly mad?

More seriously everything they’ve said about Udyr is he’s going to remain the same stance changing character. They’re just changing the stances a bit and adding the ability to press the same stance twice for an enhanced effect.

It seems like they’re probably even keeping Bear Stance as charging stun thing, but it’ll be renamed Ram stance, and Tiger Stance is going to remain a 1v1 attack thing but renamed to Bear Stance, which is admitted a bit confusing, but they talked about the attack speed, and the single target dot. As they want to tie Udyr more into the Freljord gods like Anivia, Ornn and Volibear they realised the current animal stances could be modified to match said gods.

Of course they could screw it up, but they talked about Phoenix stance remaining aoe, and Iron Boar stance could easily be a defense thing like turtle stance.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I miss artillery mage Kog'maw, even if it was pretty binary whether AP Kog or Xerath were -the- best artillery mage to play at any given patch time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wanna know what champs see less playrate than Skarner and learn to main them.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Lord_Magmar posted:

Would you say you’re very slightly mad?

More seriously everything they’ve said about Udyr is he’s going to remain the same stance changing character. They’re just changing the stances a bit and adding the ability to press the same stance twice for an enhanced effect.

It seems like they’re probably even keeping Bear Stance as charging stun thing, but it’ll be renamed Ram stance, and Tiger Stance is going to remain a 1v1 attack thing but renamed to Bear Stance, which is admitted a bit confusing, but they talked about the attack speed, and the single target dot. As they want to tie Udyr more into the Freljord gods like Anivia, Ornn and Volibear they realised the current animal stances could be modified to match said gods.

Of course they could screw it up, but they talked about Phoenix stance remaining aoe, and Iron Boar stance could easily be a defense thing like turtle stance.

I have been a cashier, and that comment evokes exactly the same emotion as telling a cashier "there's no tag so I guess it's free".

As for the context, I am definitely OK with visually reworking/reflavoring Udyr, so long as they don't gently caress up his deceptively simple mechanics.

For Kog'Maw, deleting his AP artillery would irritate me beyond belief, for all that I use him as a straight AD.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
RIP no more tiger furry Udyr

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Veryslightlymad posted:

I have been a cashier, and that comment evokes exactly the same emotion as telling a cashier "there's no tag so I guess it's free".

As for the context, I am definitely OK with visually reworking/reflavoring Udyr, so long as they don't gently caress up his deceptively simple mechanics.

For Kog'Maw, deleting his AP artillery would irritate me beyond belief, for all that I use him as a straight AD.

I think the big fuckup, as they’re clearly dedicated to the stance shifting so not likely to get rid of that particular skill set for playing Udyr, is how they handle the power of the normal stance vs the awakened second press. As that is a legit difference in skill expression.

Other than that. They’re clearly still doing dps, cc, tank, aoe stances, they might shift some of the damage sourcing around so that AP isn’t solely for Phoenix aoe and ad isn’t solely for tiger bleed damage.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Tired Moritz posted:

RIP no more tiger furry Udyr

I suspect Spirit Guardian Udyr is going to keep the current animals actually as that skin is much more Ionian feeling to me.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

multiple build types bad

cannot have ad clicking and artillery too much mechanic

next hero is assassin who can blink, throw an enemy back to a teammate, and provide an aoe heal aura on takedown based on lethality

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I suppose completely retheming him but letting Spirit Guard keep the old theme is basically the only way to avoid the 'Spirit Guard is Better Udyr' problem.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Hellioning posted:

I suppose completely retheming him but letting Spirit Guard keep the old theme is basically the only way to avoid the 'Spirit Guard is Better Udyr' problem.

It also fits with Spirit Guard being specifically Udyr trained in Ionia. Whilst his base skin is him as a Freljordian Shaman.

Plus they might make Definitely Not Udyr have some fun chromas that use all the different sets of animals the other skins have.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
please don't change definitely not udyr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

njsykora posted:

Warriors did this as well, its super noticable any time she shows up in one of these cinematics. I do prefer Taliyah's look here to how she looked in The Climb though.

I wonder how much of Kai'Sa's design problems would be solved by just getting rid of her Voidsuit's décolletage.

Barudak posted:

Coming to LoL from LoR it was shocking how... spindly Shyvana is. Dragon or human.