Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

THE MEDIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It's 2022. How the gently caress are there still people sad enough to be gamergaters? It was bad enough, what, 8 or 9 years ago, but still?

GG stands for Gamer Goblin

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Did the lack of vagina bones ever stop oppressing men?

If not, why would gamer gate go away?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Imagine if the most interesting thing about you is that you play video games. That sounds loving horrifying.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

syntaxfunction posted:

Imagine if the most interesting thing about you is that you play video games. That sounds loving horrifying.

I am a full time cartoon watcher and my opinions on society should be taken seriously.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

X JAKK posted:

I am a full time cartoon watcher and my opinions on society should be taken seriously.

Captain America (2020-whatever) presents a fresh look at the decline in rural communities and trade unionism in the 1980s United States, with chilling implications. In this essay I will...

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Strategic Tea posted:

Captain America (2020-whatever) presents a fresh look at the decline in rural communities and trade unionism in the 1980s United States, with chilling implications. In this essay I will...

Sir, this is a funeral.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
An actual pedophile just dug up a year old comment of mine where I had the audacity to say that pedophiles were bad, and is trying to "debate" me about the badness of childrape.

reddit.com

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

The Fattest PI posted:

An actual pedophile just dug up a year old comment of mine where I had the audacity to say that pedophiles were bad, and is trying to "debate" me about the badness of childrape.

reddit.com

how's the argument going?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Don't get involved. I'm reminded of the person who had multiple arguments with someone on reddit about Italian food and it turned out they drank their own piss. Don't waste your energy imo.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
No I do not like that

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

yussy? what the gently caress is a--you know what, never mind

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Foo Diddley posted:

yussy? what the gently caress is a--you know what, never mind

you know what it is

TheScuta 6.66
May 10, 2005
Don't rip me off.

The Fattest PI posted:

reddit.com

Did this argument happen to involve reddit mod/admin MaxwellHill, a prolific poster of vaguely pro-pedo political opinions for 10+ years that is definitely *not* Ghislane Maxwell ??

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

Is this the beginning of The Great Reddit Awakening?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Lifepuzzler posted:

Absolutely not, no.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

LPT: Eat air for breathe

necroid
May 14, 2009

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

no..... no!!!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

p sure this in animated form was a popular avatar around here for a while

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Absolutely not, no.

Yeah you're right, we haven't reached the "LPT: Be Yourself," phase again, yet.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

X JAKK posted:

LPT: Eat air for breathe

lol

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Lifepuzzler posted:

TIL that people actually do this. I knew there were idiots that hate-read books they wanted to quit from the first chapter, but I've never heard of people that do it for series.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
I have enough trouble sticking with shows I enjoy, drat
What a way to waste your life.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://old.reddit.com/r/unpopularopinion/comments/ryt0rk/i_believe_the_kyle_rittenhouse_case_to_singularly/

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I feel as though I've stopped liking or disliking shows. Now I just scroll through the endless boxes on streaming sites, looking at the faces of generic unknown actors portraying scripted characters. I lament all the while, the flickers of the phantasmagoria merging into a sickly wan light

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Brawnfire posted:

I feel as though I've stopped liking or disliking shows. Now I just scroll through the endless boxes on streaming sites, looking at the faces of generic unknown actors portraying scripted characters. I lament all the while, the flickers of the phantasmagoria merging into a sickly wan light

Goddamn if I’m not the opposite, because of a looooong time living through great series, followed by a massive drought punctuated by almost exclusively Reality (not real) TV shows, finally ended just a very short time ago by streaming services providing scripted quality writing in series again. From The Expanse to a new season of The Witcher (I love the books, same with a pretty-accurate Wheel of Time first season), even to something silly like Treadstone (extremely fun popcorn action). I am aware of the amount of schlock on stream, but even something like Squid Game was miles better than fake, scripted (no, it’s totally real!) series. Hell, I’d rather watch Hallmark Christmas movie season again (thank you, Mom & Granny) than poo poo like anything in a current lineup on TLC or History anymore. If I wanted lowest-common denominated poo poo I would read my own writing.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

PITY BONER posted:

TIL that people actually do this. I knew there were idiots that hate-read books they wanted to quit from the first chapter, but I've never heard of people that do it for series.

There are certainly shows that I’ve finished after I’ve stopped really enjoying them as some part of TV Sunk Cost Fallacy. I didn’t watch it, but the way the internet makes it sound, Game of Thrones was that for a lot of people. Probably pretty common for shows that start strong enough that the flaws are easy to ignore.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

PITY BONER posted:

thaaaat's FOMO baby

If you're in with a group that likes a particular thing, even being aware that it's just FOMO speaking, it's an actual conscious effort to not keep slamming your head against the wall and continually 'trying' the thing the group likes even though you know you dislike it.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I can't talk poo poo to anyone about tv shows, I watched like 8 or 9 seasons of the walking dead for some reason

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

My favourite trash for a while was Once Upon a Time. If you enjoy watching people make terrible decisions it's hard to beat. Just everyone being as dumb as possible at every moment. Then a couple of seasons in, it got laser-focused on a few cast members and the ensemble dropped away and I couldn't care any more.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DerekSmartymans posted:

Goddamn if I’m not the opposite, because of a looooong time living through great series, followed by a massive drought punctuated by almost exclusively Reality (not real) TV shows, finally ended just a very short time ago by streaming services providing scripted quality writing in series again. From The Expanse to a new season of The Witcher (I love the books, same with a pretty-accurate Wheel of Time first season), even to something silly like Treadstone (extremely fun popcorn action). I am aware of the amount of schlock on stream, but even something like Squid Game was miles better than fake, scripted (no, it’s totally real!) series. Hell, I’d rather watch Hallmark Christmas movie season again (thank you, Mom & Granny) than poo poo like anything in a current lineup on TLC or History anymore. If I wanted lowest-common denominated poo poo I would read my own writing.

Keeping up with the Kardashians was a cultural high point :colbert:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Theophany posted:

Keeping up with the Kardashians was a cultural high point :colbert:

You know, if anyone actually had a show called “Survivor” that played out like actual skills in wilderness survival learning and being put into practice, I would watch it. If someone broke a pinkie finger and wasn’t immediately airlifted to a hospital and had to adapt (instead of playing stupid as gently caress games) while actually dehydrated significantly (obviously I don’t mean I want Hunger Games/Gladiator fights!) I might tune in. It’s the selling of “reality” that has been scripted from pre-production that I hate, no matter how other people seem to enjoy it. And I’m not superior or anything, I watched Survivor’s very first episode like the masses. My ex loved it, I thought having a camera crew with fresh, clean bottled water and an EMT on staff disqualified the whole premise of being “reality,” and dislike all the Kardashian people simply because they have soooo much money/fame they are completely out of touch with my entire world and everyday concerns that matter to me; it’s just voyeurism.

Kanye’s struggles with mental illness are real, though, and even though he doesn’t have to choose between milk or $5 for gas just to get home from a psychiatrist appointment, I would probably watch that, even though I can’t name a Kanye album.

All my opinion, of course; I’m not “better” in any way than my ex, just don’t enjoy every single show/genre that she did. There’s nothing wrong with that.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

DerekSmartymans posted:

You know, if anyone actually had a show called “Survivor” that played out like actual skills in wilderness survival learning and being put into practice, I would watch it. If someone broke a pinkie finger and wasn’t immediately airlifted to a hospital and had to adapt (instead of playing stupid as gently caress games) while actually dehydrated significantly (obviously I don’t mean I want Hunger Games/Gladiator fights!) I might tune in. It’s the selling of “reality” that has been scripted from pre-production that I hate, no matter how other people seem to enjoy it. And I’m not superior or anything, I watched Survivor’s very first episode like the masses. My ex loved it, I thought having a camera crew with fresh, clean bottled water and an EMT on staff disqualified the whole premise of being “reality,” and dislike all the Kardashian people simply because they have soooo much money/fame they are completely out of touch with my entire world and everyday concerns that matter to me; it’s just voyeurism.

Kanye’s struggles with mental illness are real, though, and even though he doesn’t have to choose between milk or $5 for gas just to get home from a psychiatrist appointment, I would probably watch that, even though I can’t name a Kanye album.

All my opinion, of course; I’m not “better” in any way than my ex, just don’t enjoy every single show/genre that she did. There’s nothing wrong with that.

Try watching Alone

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

DerekSmartymans posted:

Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgyiQ9wP6i8

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DerekSmartymans posted:

Kanye's :airquote:mental illness:airquote: is definitely not a publicity stunt.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

sugar free jazz posted:

Try watching Alone

Is that the one with a dude who films himself and doesn’t have a crew with him 24/7 in the wilderness? I would watch that most likely. It would be like a “Let’s Play” for real life, which I’m a fan of because it sounds like an honest premise. I consume all kinds of pop-culture just bounced extremely hard off pre-planned “reality.”

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

:lmao: I do understand the appeal of watching a train wreck, I just don’t want to participate in one! :cawg:

Edit:

Theophany posted:

Kanye's :airquote:mental illness:airquote: is definitely not a publicity stunt.

I never really looked it up to “verify” the truthiness, but I would watch an un-edited (for content) show with real, regular people as unscripted inpatients in a psyche ward, including a celebrity or not. The total honesty (from the non-sociopathic, anyway) of racists and transfolk in that setting is fascinating (and nobody gets shouted down on any issue in group, or feels like they must self-censor to go along). I don’t know if it’s a stunt, but I would watch a manic Kathy Griffin or psychotic Kirk Cameron try to function at a food court all day.

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DerekSmartymans posted:

Is that the one with a dude who films himself and doesn’t have a crew with him 24/7 in the wilderness? I would watch that most likely. It would be like a “Let’s Play” for real life, which I’m a fan of because it sounds like an honest premise. I consume all kinds of pop-culture just bounced extremely hard off pre-planned “reality.”

That's probably Survivorman with Les Stroud. Who carries a ton of camera equipment with himself completely alone. That dude is a certified badass.