Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ash Crimson posted:

even briefly being a content creator changes your perception of both people (reducing them to nothing but likes and such and so forth) and it dehumanises them into statistic

It also changes how you look, physically because all content creators look the same, for example look at these two different content creators, one a gaming channel and the other a channel about politics

we need to wake up and shut this all down until we can figure what the hell is going on here

That's just aging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
For just a dollar a day you can help rehabilitate a politics youtuber. Call now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Harris Bomberman was never a real person, he threw away his humanity after making that DS2 video, plus he was a goon to start with

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Too much Dark Souls reverses your chin and scalp. Very disturbing.

Dark souls 2 to be exact

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

I AM GRANDO posted:

the hair is actually dragged down to your chin, through your brain

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

I Before E posted:

That's just aging

you're a liar johnathon

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I AM GRANDO posted:

glad i suck at those games then. :colbert:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Ash Crimson posted:

even briefly being a content creator changes your perception of both people (reducing them to nothing but likes and such and so forth) and it dehumanises them into statistic

It also changes how you look, physically because all content creators look the same, for example look at these two different content creators, one a gaming channel and the other a channel about politics

we need to wake up and shut this all down until we can figure what the hell is going on here

the dangers of not knowing how to beat beaver bother

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

the inevitable result of thinking the Prequels are good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FuturePastNow posted:

the inevitable result of thinking the Prequels are good

I dunno, after the new trilogy I'm starting to come around to that.

Except Attack of the Clones, you truly can never convince me that was a good movie.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
these two men, both alike in their gooniness

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

this is your brain

this is your brain on dialogue written by George Lucas

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I was going to post a bit of a slam on Hbomb basically not releasing any content in 2021. Then I saw that his vaccine video came out last May, and I guess one really well-done, researched, feature-length video is a fair amount of output for one person in a year.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
That vaccine video helped remove the last of my mom's antivaxx paranoia so hbomb's prequel apologia is forgiven

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
For his crimes, Harris Bomberguy has been subjected to a treatment that will slowly turn him into Dr Robotnik.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's an unsubbed person?

They say that word on Criminal Minds a lot. I think it means "serial killer"

BigRed0427 posted:

Dark souls 2 to be exact

It's actually bloodborne that does it. The whole "werewolf" thing.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nuns with Guns posted:

They say that word on Criminal Minds a lot. I think it means "serial killer"

:ohdear:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SteelMentor posted:

For his crimes, Harris Bomberguy has been subjected to a treatment that will slowly turn him into Dr Robotnik.

Isn't making a giant video on why the Star Wars prequels were good enough?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mildred thought slime, your new video is good, but i beat 200 video games in 2021 and i think i would never get tired of consuming media, because i'm hermit as gently caress

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

SteelMentor posted:

When you go so deep into lore analysis that you become the lore

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyyWjTh5yR8

Raycevick returns with his next Years Later video, this one on Metro: Exodus.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The 7th Guest posted:

mildred thought slime, your new video is good, but i beat 200 video games in 2021 and i think i would never get tired of consuming media, because i'm hermit as gently caress

to wit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j4EuFYmB-A&hd=1

I like her view on education, although i feel it's stupidly hard to not end up structuring the process of acquiring "essential skills" anyway. That doesn't mean it should be what it is right now though, which is actively harmful to the learning process IMHO. Like, if you ask most English as a Second Language speakers here, if they don't come from a country where English is an official language anyway (or Sweden, I guess), they probably picked up most of their English from videogames or Internet poo poo. That's not super well-researched but there is evidence to it being true: https://www.zurnalai.vu.lt/verbum/article/download/11354/9818/

So if that is a thing I don't see why we shouldn't focus on teaching people skills based on their context and interests.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyyWjTh5yR8

Raycevick returns with his next Years Later video, this one on Metro: Exodus.

The beginning of this felt like a parody until I remembered where the Metro guys were from

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

SteelMentor posted:

that sounds cool as hell

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

that sounds cool as hell

Definitely the better choice considering who currently holds the job.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

SteelMentor posted:

I'm fine with that as long as its SATAM Robotnik.

That was a cool Saturday morning cartoon villian.

Anyway, his beard looks fine. Not everyone can grow a fine beard.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pokimane got her twitch DMCA'd and deleted for streaming Avatar the Last Airbender.

I really wonder if we could get DMCA/Twitch reforms this year.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 8, 2022

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

the online creator and reviewer pokimane

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

creator is a broad term

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

creating strange parasocial relationships doesn't count, right?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

I dont know if anyone in this thread has a strange parasocial relationship with a content creator, i like to think we are merely observers

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

It's not the first time a big streamer's taken a temp ban for this but watching TV on Twitch seems to be the in thing at the moment, especially if it involves a certain highly sweary British chef. A crackdown on this is inevitable, and it's almost certainly going to be crap. Someone big's going to complain about a big streamer watching television with a 10k+ audience. There's people who watch TV/YouTube stuff and actually make commentary on it as opposed to just sitting in the corner giggling, but it's probably all just going to be hit and not really worth doing (speaking as someone who often likes to show old crap British telly from time to time, even that's not going to really be worth it).

The end result is it'll probably be just like streaming on YouTube. I got a 3 month streaming ban on YT for showing a freaking ancient episode of Win, Lose or Draw simply because Content ID picked it up while I was live.

Famethrowa posted:

There are other people who fall in the "online creator" category aside from people who make 20-minute video essays about why Ant-Man has a sad dick

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jan 8, 2022

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

There are other people who fall in the "online creator" category aside from people who make 20-minute video essays about why Ant-Man has a sad dick

What

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Slow your roll there buddy, let's reverse the 'ban simp, slurs are still okay tho' situation we've got right now and we'll get to that somewhere down the line..

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Hbomb did say, on a reasonably old video at this point, that he was gonna get bald at an early age either way due to him having high testosterone levels.

Retropals this week did two achievements: Doing their 100th stream of playing and then ranking platformers on a list that's easily around the hundreds + finally finishing Escape From Cyber City / Freedom Fighter / "Hi we made a game from nothing but Galaxy Express 999 footage". The reason why the later is important is that they've spent years trying to get it to work but also nearly every game in the VOD is utterly baffling in some way. Retsupurae only riffed on BadLands footage. Trying to play that mess of a game is something else!

Kunster fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 8, 2022

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Are people really suggesting that the DMCA should allow you to just rebroadcast anything? Like there are a lot of things wrong with it but this seems like an actually reasonable thing for Twitch to strike an account for. It's not like disconnecting the commentary from the copyrighted media isn't a solved issue. And if you want a simulwatch party for smaller audiences things like synchtube derivates do exist.

Kunster posted:

Hbomb did say, on a reasonably old video at this point, that he was gonna get bald at an early age either way due to him having high testosterone levels.

There's nothing wrong with going bald, there is however lots of things wrong with choosing to grow the generic white bald guy unkempt beard.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Hel posted:

Are people really suggesting that the DMCA should allow you to just rebroadcast anything? Like there are a lot of things wrong with it but this seems like an actually reasonable thing for Twitch to strike an account for. It's not like disconnecting the commentary from the copyrighted media isn't a solved issue. And if you want a simulwatch party for smaller audiences things like synchtube derivates do exist.

There's nothing wrong with going bald, there is however lots of things wrong with choosing to grow the generic white bald guy unkempt beard.

Hey now

Just because I have no hair doesn't mean I have to still give my pound of flesh to Big Haircare.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Kim Justice posted:

20 minutes? That's old poo poo. That's behind the times. 2 hours about why Ant-Man has a sad dick is the minimum you're gonna need to get those views.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hel posted:

Are people really suggesting that the DMCA should allow you to just rebroadcast anything? Like there are a lot of things wrong with it but this seems like an actually reasonable thing for Twitch to strike an account for.

Yeah but gently caress a DMCA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah but gently caress a DMCA

I very much agree, but I believe it's a more effective way to gently caress the DMCA if you keep to it's actual problems instead of inventing fake ones.