Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

finally beat Sekiro today. i gave up after getting to the last boss because 4 health bars and all that parrying was just too much for my feeble brain. I was able to muddle through today and that's an achievement i've been trying to get for about 2 years.

Congrats! I love that game and I hope you did too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

kalel posted:

Congrats! I love that game and I hope you did too

it's an amazing game for 9/12 bosses. Demon of Hatred, Owl Father and Sword Saint Isshin gave me nothing but trouble.

Betty Wight

I picked up urtuk and undungeon. Both are good, and hard. Undungeon’s aesthetic is v good

Finger Prince

I just did something stupid. I bought final fantasy 7 remake, thinking it was the next chapter, but somehow it was just the same thing as the free one I played through a while back. So... I just paid for the thing I already had? Or does that mean when they release the next chapter I won't have to pay for it? Seems unlikely.

Anyway one of the unexpected cool things about the division 2 is the soundtrack/ambient music. I love how it goes from intense combat music to soothing synth pads when you clear an encounter. It's not what I expected they would have put in a game like this but it really works.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

French Accent posted:

i tried BPM (bullets per minute). it's a bit weird at first but i think i'm getting the hang of it.

this game owns, i love the extremely saturated oldschool-ish graphics and the rhythm element really works well. but got dang it's a hard game, even on easy i can't clear the first boss lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEc0OFBshrA

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
reloading the revolver to the beat of the music is F A B U L O U S

also the merchant is a giant bird and the weapon/armor seller is a dancing thicc armored t rex

itry

I really like that bird :stoked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT7k718xGFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjfLu5uDQPY&t=2951s

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
I've been playing Dragon Quest XI on the Switch recently and it frickin owns

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Enfys

The ocean is calling and I must go

French Accent posted:

i tried BPM (bullets per minute). it's a bit weird at first but i think i'm getting the hang of it.

I'm so bad at it but also very addicted to it

it feels really great when you get into a good rhythm

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
if your weapon has any kind of decent range you can start pressing left click as soon as you enter a boss room and you'll get some free shots in during their little intro thing.

I got explosive shots with the revolver and did good for a few levels. had a ray gun for a while that turned the game into easy mode until the next level...

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Sarah Cenia posted:

I got explosive shots

same, but explosive shits, and I lost the GAME OF THRONES i.e. getting to the toilet in time

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
it happens to the best of us, bro

man, i was having an awesome run in bpm except for the fact that i'm the dude that only starts with shields and i could never find a goddamn max hp boost anywhere
i died at the second-to-final level

but i had the BFG looking gun with +5 damage and +3 range
a right mouse button skill that teleports you where you're aiming and has no cooldown
and boots that killed or heavily damaged one enemy per beat
by the time the boss intro was done i had them to half health and i flawless cleared every room by teleporting up to a ledge and hiding like a wimp
it would have been a perfect run if only i could have used one of the half dozen health potions i was finding per level.

Twenty Four

Dr. Honked posted:

same, but explosive shits, and I lost the GAME OF THRONES i.e. getting to the toilet in time

lol

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Anyone else been mildly annoyed when games that scale enemies to your level become harder when you level-up as now you're not using the correct equipment but the NPCs are?

I mean it can be excused by saying it represents your experience in playing the game and that added challenge is fun. But it makes the achievement less nice.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 4, 2022

Twenty Four

Bright Bart posted:

Anyone else been mildly annoyed when games that scale enemies to your level become harder when you level-up as now you're not using the correct equipment but the NPCs are?

I mean it can be excuses by saying it represents your experience in playing the game and that added challenge is fun. But it makes the achievement less nice.

yes :same:

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Some games do level scaling pretty decently and some games make you and the enemies on like totally different tiers where it's BS. it's nice when it works fluidly but really horrible when it doesn't, and anyway who's to say i wanted level scaling anyway?
like sometimes i just wanna go back to the peaceful lands and whip up on some fauna without being hassled

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
man i had the most insanely broken run in bpm anyone's ever had and cleared it easily lol

i started off getting an ability that heals for 25% every minute or so, which means a full heal between tough rooms
then I got a super shotgun and with ammo upgrades it could hold 6 rounds, so I just pogo'd around blasting fools thanks to some super jump boots
later I got double damage and a rocket launcher
but the best one of all was a right mouse ability that sweeps the entire room with a laser thingy and instantly kills all the trash mobs
the final level was comically easy but i think even without all that stuff it would have been surprisingly gentle

Twenty Four

Sarah Cenia posted:

Some games do level scaling pretty decently and some games make you and the enemies on like totally different tiers where it's BS. it's nice when it works fluidly but really horrible when it doesn't, and anyway who's to say i wanted level scaling anyway?
like sometimes i just wanna go back to the peaceful lands and whip up on some fauna without being hassled

:same: I was just running along through a game in an area I outleveled a while ago and everything was still my level and I was just hoping to take a short cut through some nice countryside but nope! Everything is my level again, so much for the sense of accomplishment and taking a trip through some pretty landscapes without being hassled by some crap. I'm not here to fight you wolf, I just want to sit by this pond for a moment on my way to some other place.

sb hermit

Bright Bart posted:

I mean it can be excused by saying it represents your experience in playing the game and that added challenge is fun. But it makes the achievement less nice.

Multiplayer games with bots are the worst at this. The best example is the 2011 game Brink, which made games nigh impossible if you have a high level and all your teammates are bots.

Farecoal

There he go
Playing the Old Hunters dlc for the first time, got to Ludwig, beat him first try :grin:

Then I fell off these stairs that led to a giant fall and died

kalel

Farecoal posted:

Playing the Old Hunters dlc for the first time, got to Ludwig, beat him first try :grin:

Then I fell off these stairs that led to a giant fall and died

this is an insanely epic accomplishment, well done

the beating Ludwig thing I mean

Farecoal

There he go
Just defeated Lady Maria (and Living Failures) first try. I think my high Skill made my visceral attacks too powerful but she was kind of easy?

kalel

another likely possiblity is that you have ascended beyond humanity to a higher form of existence

kalel

if you beat the next boss first try I will legitimately go bonkers

Farecoal

There he go

kalel posted:

if you beat the next boss first try I will legitimately go bonkers

:smith:

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Is the next boss Laurence? He was tough and the final boss was really tough. Hell, the fish area had some normal enemies that messed me up.

Farecoal

There he go

Jolo posted:

Is the next boss Laurence? He was tough and the final boss was really tough. Hell, the fish area had some normal enemies that messed me up.

OH FRICK I forgot about Laurence and now I'm in NG+ already

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Farecoal posted:

If I remember him correctly he covered the floor in lava and hit super hard. I always miss bosses in these games. I missed something called the Demon of Hatred in Sekiro.

Bargearse

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Just set myself the goal of playing Genshin Impact and getting as much out of it as I can without spending any real world money

sb hermit

I'm kinda glad that the switch lite doesn't have a crazy long battery life. I could play games overnight every night and ruin my health but a low battery forces me to charge the device, take a breather, and realize that it's already 2 am when you planned to finish playing by 11 pm.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
should I get a switch so the lovely wife and myself can live our lives entirely from th comfort of bed

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
switch good
get switch

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

sb hermit posted:

I'm kinda glad that the switch lite doesn't have a crazy long battery life. I could play games overnight every night and ruin my health but a low battery forces me to charge the device, take a breather, and realize that it's already 2 am when you planned to finish playing by 11 pm.

i destroyed my life by getting a usb c charger that plugs in, instead of charging in the cradle

kalel

Farecoal posted:

aww dang. congrats on beating The Bloodborne tho :cheerdoge:

kalel

here's my hot take: the switch is the best console ever made. I <3 my switch

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
duck avatar crew agree: get switch

Prof. Crocodile

I have a switch but I’m having trouble finding games to play.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I find that hard to believe. What do you like?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Boy-Pepper has been playing Untitled Goose Game again lately and reminded me just how perfect a game that was. Best ending in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfys

The ocean is calling and I must go

Sarah Cenia posted:

should I get a switch so the lovely wife and myself can live our lives entirely from th comfort of bed

I ended up buying some games I have on PC again on my switch so I can play while pooping or otherwise too lazy to move