Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Last Call posted:

Much obliged. I'll take a look .

Centurions were something I loved as a kid, had Ace. Always dreamed about having some of his other sets.

Dan Larsen (Toy Galaxy) is not very impressed with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I’m really sad to hear that, not because I care about Centurions but because that was the company planning to do awesome looking Silverhawks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe they will learn from the feedback on these.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're bootlegs if they're ripping off a real line that existed. I don't know why he felt the need to correct that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're no different than any 3P toy line. They're not copies of the original figures, they're new sculpts. They just suck.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh apparently Transformers nerds feel very strongly about 3rd party vs. bootleg vs. knockoff terms. I guess that makes sense, there's a lot of that with those.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Man I love it, for years my kids fought me on watching X-Men TAS (they hated the first episode) but they finally came around and gave it another chance now that they're older and my youngest loves it while my oldest pretends to not like it as a way to not admit she was wrong. What makes it especially fun is when they wander into my office and start pointing out all the figures from the show. Youngest just came running in "DAD! It's that Ice Man from your case!".

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Rhyno posted:

Oof, that's rough but it sounds in line with all the other reviews sadly.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Can anyone in the UK recommend a good universal (as close as possible) action figure stand you can buy in bulk? I really liked the look of the Hex Bases from a few pages back but it looks like Can of Beans doesn't ship to the UK? (loving Brexit)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Totally read that in his voice.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I wish I had bought the retro Legends Spider-Man when I had seen them. I really like Spider-Man and it doesn't seem like there are any relatively inexpensive ones in a classic red/blue look.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PriorMarcus posted:

Can anyone in the UK recommend a good universal (as close as possible) action figure stand you can buy in bulk? I really liked the look of the Hex Bases from a few pages back but it looks like Can of Beans doesn't ship to the UK? (loving Brexit)

The only thing I can think of is the NECA stands but I don't know what their availability is globally right now.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Thanks to Gatos' pointer to Mandarake, I was able to get my Cosmic Heart Compact and I think my Proplica collection of all of Sailor Moon's stuff is up to date:

It came in perfect condition both toy and box, so I couldn't tell you what made it 'used.' I do with that that this one and the Crystal Star had come with stands of some sort so they displayed easier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mandarake takes trade ins, so often times it came from another collector who took care of it. Or they got a stock clear out from another store.

gregday
May 23, 2003

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Get in the mudbug, Shinji!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Haha that's a real thing! I just saw it on bbts after assuming it was just a silly fan creation.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I found the McFarlane 3 Jokers wave Batman, and he's great. Can someone get a message to Todd to let him know he doesn't need to make more Batman figs for a while? He got it right with this one.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Fisto posted:

I found the McFarlane 3 Jokers wave Batman, and he's great. Can someone get a message to Todd to let him know he doesn't need to make more Batman figs for a while? He got it right with this one.

I'm pretty sure McFarlane just wanted to make a Batman centric toyline but DC begged him not to

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

But he did

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Todd “At least two Batmen in every wave!” MacFarlane

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I’ve been picking up the Jakks Pacific Sonic figures, starting with modern Eggman and the three pack with Classic Eggman, Classic Sonic and Mecha Sonic. They’re decent figures but the paint is disappointing on a lot of them.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Nodosaur posted:

Has anyone bought Creative Beasts Studio's Beasts of the Mesozoic figures? I'm thinking of buying a few for my sister and I wanna know what to expect vis a vis quality.

i've got one of the raptors and the smaller cerotopsians, I like them a lot. Quality wise they're roughly equivalent to the Four Horsemen stuff; insanely good paint apps, decent to great articulation, and they don't feel like they're going to snap in your hand when you pose them.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

I’ve been picking up the Jakks Pacific Sonic figures, starting with modern Eggman and the three pack with Classic Eggman, Classic Sonic and Mecha Sonic. They’re decent figures but the paint is disappointing on a lot of them.

Yeah Jakks isn't the best line for quality

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Burkion posted:

Yeah Jakks isn't the best line for quality

They are also what I call “my only option”

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well yeah, I was just agreeing with you about the paint quality. Their Godzilla lines were abysmal though supposedly their Mario stuff was decent.

but with Sonic, it's just not a brand that works well with toys. The only company in the US that really tackles those kind of super stylized designs that are toy unfriendly are DST, who don't make toys anymore, and Super7.

I don't think Super7 have dipped their toes into video game stuff yet, though I could see them doing a line based on SATAM

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ha ha, Sega would never let them

Anyway the figures themselves are decent, the paint is just super blotchy

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Don't know if anyone used it but Nippon Yasan appears to have closed down. If you were expecting anything or had something charged you might want to talk to your bank.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nodosaur posted:

Ha ha, Sega would never let them

Anyway the figures themselves are decent, the paint is just super blotchy

Yeah that’s Jakks for you. Their quality can range from “hey this is pretty good” to “painted by Daren, age 4”. They’re at their best when they mold things separately and snap them on a body part so there’s no room to gently caress up paint lines.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Fun fact for anyone who doesn't know: Jakks Pacific is named for its late founder Jack Friedman, who also founded LJN in the 80s, makers of Thundercats among other classic toys. They were never the best toy company and I guess they're still not, but all the same it's nice to think the legacy kinda, sorta lives on.

gregday
May 23, 2003

God help me, I’ve fallen into the world of custom lightsaber building.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

gregday posted:

https://yeah.rip/

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

gregday posted:

gently caress yeah. Share your stuff, I wanna see.

The Last Call posted:

Don't know if anyone used it but Nippon Yasan appears to have closed down. If you were expecting anything or had something charged you might want to talk to your bank.

Not surprised at all. They were pretty good for a while, and then became absolutely awful at getting stuff out in a reasonable timeframe. Their customer service was also the worst. Good riddance.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

gregday posted:

Would love to hear about it. I have the Disney park Jedi Knight Luke saber, and the newly released Dark Saber. Making my own saber some day would be pretty awesome.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

Batman with a lightsaber? Holy poo poo.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

After a 2 month wait, I finally received this bad boy from Hong Kong last week:

Another homerun by LimToys. The likeness to the game's model is uncanny and he comes with a lot of extremely detailed little trinkets. Articulation is limited by the soft goods, but it feels better than their Snake figure, specially the new boot pivot they are using now.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Forgive my terrible photography skills im new to the hobby but I just got Biollante in, looks amazing!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Look at that girl

That’s actually really dope!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Kvlt! posted:

Forgive my terrible photography skills im new to the hobby but I just got Biollante in, looks amazing!

I'd love to see an anatomical exploration of its digestive and nervous systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I'd love to see an anatomical exploration of its digestive and nervous systems.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/godzilla/images/f/f3/How_biollante_worlsimage.png/revision/latest?cb=20160416004746

It's about what you expect