Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Dr Sweetchat is one of the best bits I've heard on CBB, the spider season comment makes me laugh everytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

feedmyleg posted:

Absolutely.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8DWUq1AXmk

"It's not all good news, though..."

I was just thinking about this the other day. When I introduced people to CBB and they kinda got into it I’d play this for them. It is so loving good the timing is just unbelievable I could not stop listening to this bit for like 6 months.

If you’ve never heard the Brendon Small eps, definitely check them out, probably in chronological order.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Riptor posted:

between this thread's reaction to Potato and Dr Sweetchat, I genuinely don't understand what you're listening to CBB for if you're put off by those characters. Is it just so you can hear scott talk to Interesting People?

I loved Potato so - incredibly - much. But I can see how that kind of character might get on people's goats. Same with Dr. Sweetchat. Potato is a standard "lol weird thing is sentiment that shouldn't be" (tho god drat that voice + improv), while Dr.Sweetchat had a very hard to listen to quirk.

Some folks are just really into Scott and Ego going at it, perhaps :shrug:.

Had never heard that Victor Diamond thing, it's phenomenal. Was Brendan Small doing it in real time? Really hope they bring this bit back for a CBB Presents thing.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 5, 2022

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pretty sure yeah, dude is just ridiculous.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yeah, Brendon's gimmick was he would do multiple characters as he could swap voices so quickly. Victor (nervous Cuban would-be singer) and Tiny (his agent). Victor would occasionally faint so Tiny could talk for a while without getting interrupted. There was also a third guy who was an awful dirtbag and Scott hated him, but I forget anything else about him.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Willy.

https://youtu.be/j9JUAu_v4rA

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Randy Snutz call in show just dropped on CBB Presents.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

TheWevel posted:

I just hope no ne'er-do-wells call in

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

The World Inferno posted:

I loved Potato so - incredibly - much. But I can see how that kind of character might get on people's goats. Same with Dr. Sweetchat. Potato is a standard "lol weird thing is sentiment that shouldn't be" (tho god drat that voice + improv), while Dr.Sweetchat had a very hard to listen to quirk.

Some folks are just really into Scott and Ego going at it, perhaps :shrug:.

Had never heard that Victor Diamond thing, it's phenomenal. Was Brendan Small doing it in real time? Really hope they bring this bit back for a CBB Presents thing.

That bit was a recording that Smalls brought in. If you listen to the entire Victor / Tiny / Willy Mapleleaf saga, it's doubtful that Smalls will be bringing them back.

I am also a fan of Dr. Sweetchat. In general, CBB works best for me when the characters are completely absurd. Uggums the Potato and Dr. Sweetchat are absolutely what I love, and reminds me of old CBB with Sappity Tappity, Lil Gary, Lil Buttonpuss, Ho Ho the Elf, and newer characters like Night Wolf, Rudy North and Dash Grabem and anyone Will Hines comes up with. CBB's more fun when Scott has to be the grounded guy surrounded by absurd weirdos, not just regular weirdos.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Franchescanado posted:

That bit was a recording that Smalls brought in.

Huh, I'm genuinely surprised. When the source changes from the live mic to the recording, the levels sounded like they stayed perfectly the same. Good engineering! (To no surprise mind, that story on the best ofs about how they had to redub a whole conversation side due to lost audio was crazy!)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Brendon Small taught me how to do an australian accent

orr norrr

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
what i wouldn't do to hear Sappity Tappity for the first time again

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Dr. Sweetchat: best character since Lil Gary

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

TheWevel posted:

This might be the thing that gets me to buy a month of CBB World. Randy is my favourite character, Tim is a wizard when it comes to finding weird ways to say things.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Flaskraven posted:

This might be the thing that gets me to buy a month of CBB World. Randy is my favourite character, Tim is a wizard when it comes to finding weird ways to say things.

I just finished it, it's so loving good

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Breadallelogram posted:

I just finished it, it's so loving good

Just started it and the opening is already funny.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Yep it was great.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

mennoknight posted:

what i wouldn't do to hear Sappity Tappity for the first time again

Bring back Bill Cosby Bukowski!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
jelloem

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Rudieeee get the gently caress out

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I sucked it up and listened to the rest of the episode and enjoyed it, more out of the reaction from Scott and Ben than anything else about the character. I still think it would have been 99% as funny with the robot effect turned down 50%.

For the record I loved Uggums the Potato.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Potato was amazing. Had to skip the entire interview before because, despite liking Jimmy Pardo, I can't stand significant others bantering together on podcasts.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Potato was amazing. Had to skip the entire interview before because, despite liking Jimmy Pardo, I can't stand significant others bantering together on podcasts.

It was at least better than Patton Oswalt and Meredith Salenger talk about how their relationship is 90% texting each other while sitting right beside them for over half an hour. That was abysmal.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
000h N000

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I listened to the episode and I liked Dr Sweetchat, and probably would have enjoyed it no matter what, but Scott constantly losing his poo poo at how hard it was to understand him took it to another level

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ainsley McTree posted:

I listened to the episode and I liked Dr Sweetchat, and probably would have enjoyed it no matter what, but Scott constantly losing his poo poo at how hard it was to understand him took it to another level

Yeah, Scott's constant giggling was infectious.

00000h N0000...

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I lost it at Scott's apologetic "He wants to eat your... there's no other way to say this, your pussy." I thought it wasn't that kind of show!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

I lost it at Scott's apologetic "He wants to eat your... there's no other way to say this, your pussy." I thought it wasn't that kind of show!

There wasn’t any other way to say it! What could he do?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
this bit with the robot has me crying from start to finish. Perfect.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
"Ever heard of a football, genius?"

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

LesterGroans posted:

"Ever heard of a football, genius?"

That was the bit that almost killed me

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Just caught up on the Best Ofs and the reveal of THE GRIZZ just made me laugh so much.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

VagueRant posted:

Just caught up on the Best Ofs and the reveal of THE GRIZZ just made me laugh so much.

It was already great and the behind the scenes talk on it made it even greater.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

kdrudy posted:

It was already great and the behind the scenes talk on it made it even greater.

Yes! Andy Daly not knowing about it made it even sweeter.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
NOBODY BEATS DA GRIZ!

Looking up the fact the real Griz is a water polo instructor who looks like Pedro Pascal in Wonder Woman 1984 only makes PFT's voice funnier.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I was already cracking up every time they said “the grizz” and pft just went straight for the jugular

What a rude young man

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Well, the good news is, it sounds like Ego has finally watched Ghost.

Lily Sullivan is quickly becoming my favorite guest.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Live At Five! posted:

Dr Sweetchat is one of the best bits I've heard on CBB, the spider season comment makes me laugh everytime.

Spider season was absolutely the icing on an awesome cake. I really would love to know if he came up with that on the spot or had kind of thought about it in advance. Loved Dr Sweetchat. I can understand how the effect might have put others off but it was fine for me. =D

Potato I can take or leave, and I love Jimmy Pardo.

I guess the lesson is we can all like or bounce off different characters because we're all different. And that's cool =)

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
This week's episode really descended into a giggle fit. Especially once Carl introduced B. B. Bridgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
We’ve had a good look back at the Victor and Tiny Podcast but let’s not forget Under the Apple Tree

https://youtu.be/j9JUAu_v4rA