Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So far I'm at three of my list in outside the countdown and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who voted for two of them.

E: Wait, four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

Rarity posted:

...the eagle eyed among you may have spotted that 37 points from 4 lists gives TLoU2 an average score of 9.25. That is high but it’s not the highest average in our countdown…

veeeee geeeeee....! :arghfist:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

jimmydalad posted:

As I said before, this thread is fully responsible for me getting Blue Reflection: Second Light. I hope you’re happy thread :colbert:.

Ive literally just fixed a roof and already considering it in my top games of 2022.

let's see how high we can get it in 2022

I've been meaning to replay in NG+, beause the character relationship math works out to only being able to max out one or two people on ng and I want to see all the capstones

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Uh oh, I do so hate to be the bearer of bad news but such is the harsh nature of our countdown. Some games will soar to success, others will crash and burn into obscurity. We’re not even in the top 50 and we’re already about to see the first big 2021 release make its appearance. Which game has failed to leave its mark? Could it be Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart? Or perhaps it’s Halo Infinite? We’ll find out now as we reveal your #52…

Aidan_702 posted:

One of the most relentlessly inventive games I’ve played in years.

ShoogaSlim posted:

This game should usher in a cavalcade of copycats.

Ineffiable posted:

It is such a blast playing it with my wife.

fridge corn posted:

Playing this with my beloved was certainly one of the highlights of the year.

52. IT TAKES TWO
(Hazelight)
38 points, listed 6 times, #1 1 time

Oof, the official TGA Game of the Year doesn’t even crack your top 50. It’s an absolute disaster for It Takes Two. But then what other fate could there be for a game that expected goons to have friends they play video games with!

VG: Geoff Keighly just called me to tell me he is super upset about this and he will not let me back for the TGAs next year.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Looks like it takes more than two!!!!!!!!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

hm gonna have to check out blue reflection

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
More like it takes 52

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It Takes (Fifty) Two

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Rarity posted:

It Takes (Fifty) Two

owned

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

VideoGames posted:

72. FINAL FANTASY IX
(Square Enix)
27 points, listed 3 times, #1 1 time

VG: I genuinely cannot wait to play this in April!! Bursting at the seams like Zell waiting for a mission.

Considering your squees of delight yesterday when you finally started getting the hang of Triple Triad, Are you honestly 100% sure you're gonna be done by April? :smugdog:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

wuggles posted:

:hmmyes:

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I heard good things about that game but it was published by EA so I didn't give them money

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Proof that no-one wants to be around goons for that long.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

wuggles posted:

Only the second one, though. The first game is totally skippable besides of course the amazing OST which carried over into 2.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sorry folks this countdown is cancelled

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

anakha posted:

Considering your squees of delight yesterday when you finally started getting the hang of Triple Triad, Are you honestly 100% sure you're gonna be done by April? :smugdog:

I am genuinely not sure. Plus there is Elden ring in Feb...um....uh oh...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShoogaSlim posted:

A visual treat.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

An excellent gateway to the genre.

VideoGames posted:

More than just a simple hack and slash game.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

A great way to revisit its bizarre experimental origins.

51. DEMON’S SOULS
(Bluepoint)
39 points, listed 6 times

I said there were four FromSoft games in our countdown, this marks the third of them. That just leaves a certain katana-wielding ninja to carry their hopes as we move on to the top 50.

Oh my friends, I hate to do this for I know how impatient you all must be but your gracious host is in need of refreshments. The countdown will have to be paused while I take care of these needs but we will return at 7:00pm GMT/2:00pm EST with your top 50. And do not fret! In the meantime you will be entertained by our intermission act as performed by my wonderful co-host VideoGames who will be reimagining the plot of Final Fantasy VII in the medium of interpretive dance. Please enjoy the festivities, I’ll be back with you soon!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i slept late and i must say im disappointed Monster Hunter Stories 2 did not make top 75 but i am excited to see where this list ends up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

But I only just got here! :gonk:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nothing like a 90 minute break right as everyone’s really getting into it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
going back and looking where my out-of-top-75 picks landed, most of them were out because I was the only person who played them, but I'm genuinely surprised Nocturne placed so low

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

While we wait, how badly did everybody else do? 5 of my Top 10 didn't crack the Top 75
Noita.... :negative:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Heyyy It Takes Two was great!

Just not top 10 great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Escobarbarian posted:

Nothing like a 90 minute break right as everyone’s really getting into it

I need to make dinner :colbert:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I tried, I really tried to get my dance in order for tonight, so instead I guess I have to write a series of winding haikus about it instead.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Oh yeah?? Well I have nothing to do! My life is empty! So there!!!!!!!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

While we wait, how badly did everybody else do? 5 of my Top 10 didn't crack the Top 75

Only 2 not in top 75 and only 3 not in top 50. And I'm not remotely surprised considering I picked two obscure as hell games from previous years.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Half of my list made it, of course my #1 is out because I counted it as Heavensward instead of Endwalker.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Rarity posted:

I'll order you delivery, get back to posting.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I'm just glad Paradise Killer got as close to the top 75 as it did.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've only seen one of my picks so far, way down in the didn't chart category, but that's because I'm a boring mainstream gamer and everything else I picked is probably in the top 20

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looks like all of mine bar one are in the top 50:

quote:

10. Metro Exodus - Not on list
09. R&C Rift Apart -
08. NieR Replicant -
07. Bowser’s Fury -
06. Metroid Dread -
05. The Forgotten City -
04. Hades -
03. Returnal -
02. Hollow Knight -
01. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice -

Although my search function was being wonky earlier so maybe Hollow Knight isn’t in the top 75 either and it just wasn’t showing up

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

We start with green specks,
Whoosh, the camera sweeps back
Oh? This is midgar!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't actually remember my list

or much of 2021 in general tbh

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jerusalem posted:

I have 4 picks that are at least going to make the Top 50, one that placed just outside that at #55, and the rest were pity picks. A couple might make the Top 10 still but they weren't my favorites. Probably my most antigoon hivemind year yet.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The only games on my list that have appeared are GOTG and Shadowbringers.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I think my entire top 10 might be in the top 75?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

ty for quoting my quotes two games in a row!

everyone: go get a friend and play it takes two. you will not be disappointed.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I can’t remember what my top 10 was so it’s all surprises for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
glancing at my top ten:

10. Gnosia -- hasn't shown up yet so at least top 50
9. New Pokemon Snap -- top 50
8. SMT5 -- top 50
7. Touhou: Subterranean Animism -- I'm the only person who ranked it
6. Desperados 3 -- #73
5. Labyrinth of Touhou 2 -- only I ranked
4. Project Ember -- only I ranked
3. Nocturne -- multiple people ranked, but didn't place
2. Endwalker -- top 50
1. Blue Reflection 2 -- #55. Robbed. More people better play it next year.