Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

NJersey posted:

I only play SPT-AKI now and while waiting for their 12.12 I decided to try out the QuestManiac mod. Holy poo poo. It's like 4000+ quests. You can remove certain kinds and make it your own which I did and I'm truly enjoying it. A lot of the quests feel like they should be in live tarkov too.

I can't go back to playing live until they add some of these sp mods to live. Hideout Architect is a god drat must have to name one.

Edit: Also, SPT-AKI tarkov is the easiest poo poo to install, its like 3 steps but yea their whole site and community on discord is a weird mess and hard to navigate.

The best mod is the one that just plainly presents ammo stats when you inspect. Exactly how much damage it does, penetration power, and armor class penetration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Keep santa forever, keep positive scav karma pure from the murder hobos

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

tokenbrownguy posted:

Keep santa forever, keep positive scav karma pure from the murder hobos

HE WAS COMING RIGHT AT ME

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Phoix posted:

The best mod is the one that just plainly presents ammo stats when you inspect. Exactly how much damage it does, penetration power, and armor class penetration.

Yea I agree the AmmoStats mod is another must have and should be in live.

KMC Server Value Modifier is an absolute must have too. It also pretty much replaces a bunch of other mods. This is just one page of the options you can choose. You can save multiple versions too for easy comparing different settings to get it just how you want it.

I don't think there is a mod to add queues though...

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

HE WAS COMING RIGHT AT ME

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO CHEER

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

MarcusSA posted:

I still haven’t pulled the trigger on the game but I’ve been super tempted.

Very same - I like that it's much slower paced and requires planning, unlike COD or Battlefield (although I love the BF games).

I've been stream-stalking the Discord (username Nostratic) and it's been interesting to watch.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
I had to explain to a friend that watching the game doesn’t come close to representing what the game is like to play. I questioned the game when lurking in streams. I bought it on sale and never looked back. He bought it in this last sale and is loving it.

The “survival horror” aspect just doesn’t come through on streams and it’s really what amplifies the other aspects of the game, at least for me.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Phoix posted:

I want this and a system that lets me template mags so there's no tedious alternating between AP and HP / tracer for every. loving. STANAG.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004
Any Euro types on? Running solo is awful.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I went into Reserve to do the second bunker quest, I'm in the tunnels and hear a voice,
"Hey out there, I just got a pistol, I'm doing a quest please don't kill me"
I respond, "I'm just questing."
Third voice "I'm in here too, trying to quest"
Fourth voice "Anyone else doing Bunker Part Two?"
Me "Yeah I am"
Third voice "Yeah we're on that one follow us"

So six of us do the circuit and hit all the doors and head out.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bucnasti posted:

I went into Reserve to do the second bunker quest, I'm in the tunnels and hear a voice,
"Hey out there, I just got a pistol, I'm doing a quest please don't kill me"
I respond, "I'm just questing."
Third voice "I'm in here too, trying to quest"
Fourth voice "Anyone else doing Bunker Part Two?"
Me "Yeah I am"
Third voice "Yeah we're on that one follow us"

So six of us do the circuit and hit all the doors and head out.

What a wholesome story :allears:.

I am kind of surprised it didn't end with Glucose busting down a door and brutally murdering you all. I have not seen him this patch but from what I hear he is kind of cracked out of his head right now.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
More likely they all ran into a rat in D2 (yes this is how I lost my Gzhel and sweet night ops AK). I don't think Gluhar spawns down in the bunker...?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Welp seems labs card prices have gone down. Played a scav game and found a lab card from my pocket. Thought to exfil, and found someone shooting at scavs in Old Gas. Thought he was a player and I wasted him. Of course he was a scav. Why would scavs shoot other scavs?!

I took a -0.1 rep hit from Fence. Seems this will take some time to unfuck. How do you guys know if the guy shooting around is a scav or PMC? I have no idea it's just a brown-gray smudge of tiny loving pixels on my screen.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Ihmemies posted:

Welp seems labs card prices have gone down. Played a scav game and found a lab card from my pocket. Thought to exfil, and found someone shooting at scavs in Old Gas. Thought he was a player and I wasted him. Of course he was a scav. Why would scavs shoot other scavs?!

I took a -0.1 rep hit from Fence. Seems this will take some time to unfuck. How do you guys know if the guy shooting around is a scav or PMC? I have no idea it's just a brown-gray smudge of tiny loving pixels on my screen.

you get used to it, they have slightly different silhouettes and will move differently. PMC's are try hards shooting you already or sneaking around in the corners of your vision. Scavs are usually running around because they dont have headphones and are friendly to >50% of the map. Scavs rarely have more than the bright green helmet on, and wont have a bulky bag other than a pilgrim.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Toalpaz posted:

you get used to it, they have slightly different silhouettes and will move differently. PMC's are try hards shooting you already or sneaking around in the corners of your vision. Scavs are usually running around because they dont have headphones and are friendly to >50% of the map. Scavs rarely have more than the bright green helmet on, and wont have a bulky bag other than a pilgrim.

Also clothing.

PMCs will generally be wearing more military looking uniforms instead of clothing (not always the case, BEARs have plaid shirt for example).

Scavs always look the same tho, look for blue pants, lovely bright civilian jackets, civilian camo hunting jackets, people wearing dumb hats, etc.

Also if you shoot near them and they yell a voice line or run into the distance in a straight line forever, you've found a scav.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
Woods is just the most awful map. Jesus Christ I hate Jaeger

Orv
May 4, 2011

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Woods is just the most awful map. Jesus Christ I hate Jaeger

One day you will wake up and find wandering Woods and occasionally killing people very peaceful and your journey of Tarkov brain rot will be complete.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
woods post rework is a top tier map. one of the best.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
I wasn't having much fun going into Customs or Woods with a rifle or SMG and kitted out with armor. After most of my friends went to bed one of them suggested we just bring pistols to Factory. Ended up having a lot more fun doing that, even though it's not as lucrative and we pretty much can't take on any players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL65aqagqfc

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
I’m loving Woods after the expansion. In fact, all the expansions they’ve done recently are great. Shoreline needs the same treatment ASAP.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Mellow_ posted:

Also clothing.

PMCs will generally be wearing more military looking uniforms instead of clothing (not always the case, BEARs have plaid shirt for example).

Scavs always look the same tho, look for blue pants, lovely bright civilian jackets, civilian camo hunting jackets, people wearing dumb hats, etc.

Also if you shoot near them and they yell a voice line or run into the distance in a straight line forever, you've found a scav.

Problem was figuring out pscav vs ai scav. I thought it was a pmc because it was murdering the ai Scavs at Old Gas but I guess some pscavs are just loving dumb. Well at least he had good loot for the karma hit...

Customs feels quite merficul these days. I found 2 airframes and a 60 round AK mag and stuff. I'll crank up the colors & saturation and start looking harder at the character's clothing in future.

Maybe I could shout at them via VOIP and ask wtf they are doing :D

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

If a player scav hurts you or kills another scav, they're marked as a traitor scav and you can kill them freely. In fact if you kill traitor scavs you gain extra reputation.

Orv
May 4, 2011

TJChap2840 posted:

I’m loving Woods after the expansion. In fact, all the expansions they’ve done recently are great. Shoreline needs the same treatment ASAP.

Shoreline is big enough that I wouldn't want a size expansion but putting a bunch more PoIs in the woods past the resort and around the radar tower would be great.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

TJChap2840 posted:

The new exits opened things up a lot but they should have kept Rock Passage.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
I don’t think expansion is the route. It needs a good refresh. You either rat around the outside or you go resort.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Shoreline did in fact get an expansion. The resort and basically everything behind and to the right of it is what the expansion gave us.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Stux posted:

woods post rework is a top tier map. one of the best.

agree with this a lot

Shoreline is probably my least favorite map as far as design goes. It's tedious.

Interchange is my least favorite map to play, but that's not because it's badly designed. I think it's excellent. It's just I only play solo and it's often a nightmare.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

agree with this a lot

Shoreline is probably my least favorite map as far as design goes. It's tedious.

Interchange is my least favorite map to play, but that's not because it's badly designed. I think it's excellent. It's just I only play solo and it's often a nightmare.

Yeah I love Interchange conceptually but then I load in and remember Killa exists and it's the scariest map in the game.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I don't know why you would go inside Interchange unless you had a specific objective, when you can hit like 8+ high tier caches outside with barely any risk beyond running into another rat.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Franks Happy Place posted:

I don't know why you would go inside Interchange unless you had a specific objective, when you can hit like 8+ high tier caches outside with barely any risk beyond running into another rat.
My teammate and I get killed outside the mall way more than inside. Either you spawn next to another team or someone is camping one of the two very choked exits. VoIP has been huge just to get out at Scav Highway, though this season I've also been lucky enough to scoop the basement exit from someone (pretty sure by intercepting them at the interior collapse ramp).

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 9, 2022

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Interchange is my go-to place to get all of the crap I need to build my hideout, there is so much stuff in that long warehouse that runs along the back of the stores, along with a nice few weapon boxes. That combined with the outdoor ground cache route mentioned already makes it pretty much the only map I do scav runs on.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Again got -0.1 because some rear end in a top hat tried to waste me with SV-90. How am I supposed to avoid the rep hit, just run away? He shot at my direction like 2-3 times but because he had no sights he sucked and didn't hit. If he hit me I could have died from the first bullet so I shot back and killed him.

How the gently caress do I avoid the scav rep penalty in situations like that? :v: I saw he was clearly a pscav, I thought shooting at me counts, and I'd have licence to kill after that, but no... what the everloving gently caress you are supposed to do when some guy comes at you guns blazing? :D Do I really have to take the first hit? :D

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Ihmemies posted:

:D Do I really have to take the first hit? :D

Yep.

When they introduced scav karma there quickly rose a culture of trolls shooting at you to bait you into shooting back. The first person who lands a hit on a fellow scav gets flagged as a bad scav, so it's a trick to get you to shoot back. And then they can kill you without penalty.

So just make sure when you shoot back you hit them in the face for being assholes.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Ihmemies posted:

Again got -0.1 because some rear end in a top hat tried to waste me with SV-90. How am I supposed to avoid the rep hit, just run away? He shot at my direction like 2-3 times but because he had no sights he sucked and didn't hit. If he hit me I could have died from the first bullet so I shot back and killed him.

How the gently caress do I avoid the scav rep penalty in situations like that? :v: I saw he was clearly a pscav, I thought shooting at me counts, and I'd have licence to kill after that, but no... what the everloving gently caress you are supposed to do when some guy comes at you guns blazing? :D Do I really have to take the first hit? :D

I don't think there is a better option than run away. I guess you could try to Leg them first.

Other options are kill them and lose the karma, or tank a hit and either die or kill them.

This does come up a lot as a flaw in the system. I'm not a computer toucher so i'm not sure how easy it would be to code a rule around being marked as Bad Scav if their bullets go near you.

That said I do a lot of Scav runs and most people seem co-operative. Even PMCs if there is a PMC/Scav extract or if they have gear fear.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

As I understand it Scav Karma has no effect until you get to +6.0 or below -2.0 and the bonus for +6 Karma is pretty lame so who gives a poo poo if you lose a tenth of a point here or there, just take a car extract or two to get it back up.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is anyone else having a hell of a time trying to connect? It's taking me hours...

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Bucnasti posted:

As I understand it Scav Karma has no effect until you get to +6.0 or below -2.0 and the bonus for +6 Karma is pretty lame so who gives a poo poo if you lose a tenth of a point here or there, just take a car extract or two to get it back up.

Unless it changed since last wipe there is a scaled effect on your Scav loadout. You'll get better weapons and armour and also inventory loot like keys etc.

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Is anyone else having a hell of a time trying to connect? It's taking me hours...

Yesterday was pretty brutal

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I thought the scaled effect was mostly on the Scav timer, not weapons.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Unless it changed since last wipe there is a scaled effect on your Scav loadout. You'll get better weapons and armour and also inventory loot like keys etc.

Yesterday was pretty brutal

Has anyone actually confirmed that? Because I have -0.5 Karma after killing Santa and I'm still getting keycards cash and everything else on my scavs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Not that it matters much but before I killed Santa I was sitting around 1 karma and it made the vehicle extracts slightly cheaper