Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Love how you can walk in to the capital of the Stormcloaks and learn that all the Dark Elf refugees are forced to live in a dilapitated ghetto and mercilessly abused by the majority population and not think 'oh these guys are racist'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

IIRC, Argonians and Khajiit aren't even allowed in the city, they have to stay out by the docks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Commander Keene posted:

IIRC, Argonians and Khajiit aren't even allowed in the city, they have to stay out by the docks.

Except for you if you're Khajiit or Argonian. Also you can join the Storm Cloaks.

It's like joining the Legion in New Vegas as a woman.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Skwirl posted:

Except for you if you're Khajiit or Argonian. Also you can join the Storm Cloaks.

It's like joining the Legion in New Vegas as a woman.

It's okay, you're One of the Good Ones.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Something something clean Stormcloaks myth

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
It's literally "Please Debate Me!: The Mod". This random NPC wouldn't debate the author so he created a mod specifically to debate him.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

(and win, natch)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also it doesn't allow comments, lol

Oh now he's just taking the piss:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60004

"Also I made a mod that removes all women from the Stormcloaks!"

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 13, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Midnight Voyager posted:

It’s okay someone else will make a mod that lets you debate him

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59939

ahahahahaha

Consider the nationalists! Nationalists are not at all bigots!

quote:

This is my first published mod, so please post if you have problems.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

RatHat posted:

It’s okay someone else will make a mod that lets you debate him

:laffo:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Moon Slayer posted:

(and win, natch)

Nah, just being able to have someone speak and discuss the issue calmly like adults means they've "won" because their bigoted bullshit opinion must therefore be as valid as the other, and discourse is intellectual you see and furthermore :words:.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh now he's just taking the piss:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/60004

"Also I made a mod that removes all women from the Stormcloaks!"
"Disclaimer: comments criticizing the existence of this mod will be hidden, as they are irrelevant."
:lol:

I guess he is capable of holding a debate only with NPCs

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Well yeah, you can reprogram NPCs to let you win.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I tagged it as Not-Lore-Friendly.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zesty posted:

I tagged it as Not-Lore-Friendly.

Haha, doing god's work

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/56653

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The uploaders other mods are great too. Haven't played them, but they seem like they are having fun with the game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I joked that EDF6 looked like Fallout 3 and now look what happens

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You ever just go to glance at a mod's comments to see if there are any red flags (like a ton of problems reported) and find red flags for posters instead?

Modder posted:

Please consider switching to Mod Organizer 2, thank me later

BINARYGOD posted:

Ah yes, fanboyism over mod software - what crap thing will humanity think of next?! PS - if someone has a problem with Vortex, it will 99% of the time not get fixed by just running off to another mod manager. Most issues are PEBKAC, one way or the other, and you should know this, unless you are newer to mod use and creation than this mod you made implies.

Lazarus96 posted:

+1111111111111111111111111111111

I get so sick and tired of hearing people say that sort of thing too, it's not user-friendly by all means and anyone who says it is regardless of being a veteran bethesda mod user or not, is seriously blagging everyone to such an extent they are blagging themselves and their own gob off.

I've been modding Bethesda games for years, well over a decade and gee whiz every time I tried using MO2 I just get a giga-headache bringing down the hammer on me for reasons obviously made clear and will further be expanded on shortly...

I mean, if you can get it to play ball for you, get your head around it after a couple days or weeks even, then good on you if you got the time like that. But I just don't have that kind of time to sit and learn something that could potentially be unlearned in the bat of an eyelid over an update or bloody MO3 popping out of the thick of it, whilst trying to manage real life stuff and people and curb my own satisfaction for a straight-forward modding experience. I am running 675 mods as it stands on Vortex and they run beautifully, and Vortex, while it does have it's faults at times, is very user-friendly, reliable and helpful, I can work wonders with it now and I am still learning but yet, the initial learning curve wasn't "Here you go, enjoy!". The very essence of Vortex is just laid out before your eyes, people who cock up Vortex somehow and then run to MO2 is so beyond logic, I mean it's surprisingly like a religion in it's own right now. Evidently. But, I ain't judging at the end of the day, just saying it how it is from my experience and the experience of others I've known and the people whose threads and posts I have read over the net. Whatever floats your boat is all I say. Let bygones be bygones.

At the end of the day, people come on Nexus and expect most of humanity also, on this site, to be nothing more than autonomous machines in which they can talk crap too, belittle, be venemous too, be toxic too. Yadda yadda. And it's like "What could you be doing with your time round about now? Other than trolling or being vindictive on the net."

Granted, there are some good eggs out there who dedicate themselves to trying to help folks much as possible, hats off, much love, many respects to them. We need more people like them around.

I do these talks all the time about where humanity is heading. Some people see the bigger picture, others do not I am afraid. And therein lies the problem. Alas, this mod page isn't the place for it so I'll leave it there.

But other than all that, good message mate, made me laugh. I actually came on this comment post after posting a bug report a few hours back, as Experience is now conflicting with Dear Diary due to the recent update and as such you will get maxed out gold bars on the skill bars in the skills menu, I believe it's related to the statsmenu.swf if you let Dear Diary overwrite the new Experience version, came here to see if anyone else has found a solution or if somebodies posted a fix, guess I still gotta keep reading, you know the rest.

Thanks for this read, was great to see nevertheless.

EDIT 1: Seems like others have beaten me too it and reported it but on comments section I see. Seems like our Dear Diary modder has gone dark too, sadly. Hope he's alright! Also, BINARYGOD, you taught me a new phrase there. Never heard of PEBKAC before. After doing a quick search, it made me laugh again lol!

what the hell. Also I love the end. "Oh no, hope you're alright, modder I just spent an ENTIRE PAGE berating, wonder why you're not getting chatty with me!"

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Huh, I guess BF3 modding has progressed a lot further than I thought.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGMFSN2tvos

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Neco Arc headcrabs
"replacing the headcrab model with the neсo arc model"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

with the noise unchanged i presume

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mordja posted:

Neco Arc headcrabs

:stare:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Doc Hawkins posted:

with the noise unchanged i presume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhr5VhYKtjk

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mordja posted:

Neco Arc headcrabs

rules

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61387

Can't stand that a dead man in Solstheim is gay? Download this mod to make him straight!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61398

Can't stand that men hit on you? Download this mod to make everyone straight!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61407

NO MARRIAGE EVER, alternatively GAY MARRIAGE ONLY (we're getting to "mods replying to other mods existing" now, thank you this person)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61411

This particular GAY MARRIAGE ONLY has gotten some people banned in the comments.

EDIT: OH MY GOD he's still going

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61555

Can't have any gay Interesting NPCs either! Don't worry though, the No Marriage/Gay Marriage Only person added a patch for Interesting NPCs too.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 8, 2022

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWrXdQ_IiJw

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I loving love seeing Paper Mario romhacks come out :allears:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Rimworld mod that renames the Wimp trait to Soccer Player

Wimp makes a pawn get downed very easily from injuries.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Leal posted:

Rimworld mod that renames the Wimp trait to Soccer Player

Wimp makes a pawn get downed very easily from injuries.

finally a good mod

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Top left guy is a cheeki breeki

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
A Crusader Kings 3 mod apparently hooks the game up with machine learning so you can have conversations with characters. They somehow found a way to have it impact gameplay as well (opinion modifiers, at least).

As far as I'm concerned, this is straight up wizardry.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

They made a chatbot, it's not that exciting. This is basically just adding an AI Dungeon window to the game. Now, if it were generating random events, that might integrate more naturally into the gameplay flow...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Can't wait until they manage this in Skyrim. Now I can properly flirt with a dragon

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They made a chatbot, it's not that exciting. This is basically just adding an AI Dungeon window to the game. Now, if it were generating random events, that might integrate more naturally into the gameplay flow...

I’m mostly surprised it influences opinion.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Leal posted:

Can't wait until they manage this in Skyrim. Now I can properly flirt with a dragon

Morrowind, man, morrowind

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Leal posted:

You can also wait until the Elder Kings mod is released for ck3 and do it that way !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Proletarian Mango posted:

Morrowind, man, morrowind

> Hello
"Welcome Moon-and-Star!"
> Peepee doodoo
"Is this how you honor the sixth house?"
> Eat your loincloth
"What a grand and intoxicating innocence!"