Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Suplex Liberace posted:

kenny omega it is now 2022 where is my goddamn AEW game!

Gotta wait and see how many people that were gonna be in 2k22 they can add in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

kenny omega it is now 2022 where is my goddamn AEW game!

Games take a while to make OP

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the first real aew game is going to suck but hopefully they don't give up. i apologize

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

My prediction is the AEW game will be Fine or even Good but people will have built up so many expectations for what they want it to be that it'll never live up to them.

Like people who get this game expecting it to have like GM Mode and Universe Mode and Season Mode and every single mode/match type/feature that all the 2K games ever had'll probably be disappointed cause this is a brand new game made on a brand new engine and there's no way it'll be as feature complete as the 2K games where Yukes could just keep adding new stuff over the same base game year after year.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

All I want out of the AEW game is for it to not control like absolute poo poo which every WWE game has since like 2001

It would also be cool to have physics based bumping and tables that don’t break in a ridiculous fake looking way. but no one seems to want to ever do this so I will probably never be truly happy.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 9, 2022

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

All I need is a decent CAW mode

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

neoaxd posted:

Same, I don’t care about GM modes and stuff at all I just like making wrestlers and building out move sets

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

It would also be cool to have physics based bumping and tables that don’t break in a ridiculous fake looking way. but no one seems to want to ever do this so I will probably never be truly happy.

Yeah! I wish every bump was physics-based. Like, ragdoll gets enabled moments before impact. If I slam someone on the stairs or on a weird spot, I want it to look gnarly! Keep safe and pretty bumps for the real world I want to break motherfuckers in funny and violent ways.

Dacap posted:

Same, I don’t care about GM modes and stuff at all I just like making wrestlers and building out move sets

Word.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

neoaxd posted:

Here's what I want in a CAW mode:

1: Menus that aren't so slow and messy and cumbersome that it takes 9 hours to make a character that looks halfway decent
2: Organize the move selection so you don't have to browse through like 3,000 animations just to find the one that looks like the move you want, maybe put tags on them so you can filter them better
3: No asinine "100 CAWs or 1,000 image download" limits
4: Bring back Custom Signatures/Finishers
5: Custom Entrance Graphics (at least let you edit existing ones so you can like, copy Kenny Omega's graphics but put your CAWs name on it or something)
6: Alternate Attires don't take up CAW slots

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

forkboy84 posted:

This was the most I've ever enjoyed The Undertaker since I was a small child who didn't know Paul Bearer was a clever name.

gently caress

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Drakkel posted:

Here's what I want in a CAW mode:

1: Menus that aren't so slow and messy and cumbersome that it takes 9 hours to make a character that looks halfway decent
2: Organize the move selection so you don't have to browse through like 3,000 animations just to find the one that looks like the move you want, maybe put tags on them so you can filter them better
3: No asinine "100 CAWs or 1,000 image download" limits
4: Bring back Custom Signatures/Finishers
5: Custom Entrance Graphics (at least let you edit existing ones so you can like, copy Kenny Omega's graphics but put your CAWs name on it or something)
6: Alternate Attires don't take up CAW slots

#2 is a great one that I’d like. I hate in a 2k game when they just make moves alphabetical but you have to already know or guess what they’ll call them. I shouldn’t have to scroll down to “s” because they decided to call the specific powerbomb I wanted a “snap release powerbomb”. Standard moves with lots of variations should open up a drop down with options.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

The Royalest Rumble has a fantastic line-up so far after eight days.

Eddie Guerrero
The Brian Kendrick
Spike Dudley
Kamala
Viscera
Edge
Shawn Stasiak
Shawn Michaels

Slight correction there, the winner of the 7th rumble was Sean O'Haire, not Stasiak :colbert:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ideally I'd love Fire Pro's Movecraft system or any decent create-a-move, but I'll be happy with just a regular fun AEW game. They can always patch in stuff later, because I don't see them doing a release-per-year crunch like 2k did.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Angry_Ed posted:

Slight correction there, the winner of the 7th rumble was Sean O'Haire, not Stasiak :colbert:

Whoops. Same stable of dudes who I marked for but never got anywhere.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Dacap posted:

#2 is a great one that I’d like. I hate in a 2k game when they just make moves alphabetical but you have to already know or guess what they’ll call them. I shouldn’t have to scroll down to “s” because they decided to call the specific powerbomb I wanted a “snap release powerbomb”. Standard moves with lots of variations should open up a drop down with options.

Oh yeah that's the worst part. Especially when there's like, one specific Powerbomb/Driver/whatever you want but since it's someone in WWE's signature/finisher it doesn't say Powerbomb in the name so you have to go through every animation in the game to find it. 2K does have a few tabs like Bombs/Drops/whatever but they don't include everything and there's no other layers of filtering so like, if you want a Powerbomb that targets the Head you can EITHER see all the Bombs OR all the moves that target the Head. Either way you have to browse through a shitton of moves that aren't what you want at all.

What I want is like a nested menu. You click Powerbomb and here's every Powerbomb in the game, regardless of what their name is. Then you can click another button to show only the Finishers, or only the ones that are Pin Combos, or only ones that target the Head, or all of the above. Just anything other than "here's 20,000 moves in alphabetical order, have fun!"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah if the AEW game was as bare as WCW Revenge but played as fun as that did I'd be happy. In my perfect world it's closer to HCTP or No Mercy because I loved their branching story paths.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Newlegacy just became aroused spontaneously all at once and they don’t know why

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Eat My Fuc posted:

That one guy doing the deathmatch wrestling game might be doing that but obviously as it's a one-man operation we're quite a ways away from that being out

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1OYU-CIB9Y

We got another good one in the Rumblethon

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
There should be an achievement called "I am the table" for doing a move onto a table without breaking it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I’m glad not everything turned into fire, because that drops the frame rate to one picture every two seconds

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I wish we could've seen the injury aftermath of that match.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

kdrudy posted:

I wish we could've seen the injury aftermath of that match.

Sucka G almost certainly died.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Testekill posted:

We got another good one in the Rumblethon
MDickie once again delivers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is the mdickie game on the switch the same format as that rumble game? That looked like glorious trash.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

coconono posted:

Is the mdickie game on the switch the same format as that rumble game? That looked like glorious trash.

It'll run better and it also has explosions. Ideally we get MPire (the old one that has limbs blowing off), Wrestling Revolution 3D (weakest out of the options) and Empire (the Switch one) to go along with it. I'd much rather they cut a 2K rumble or two in order to get four MDickie ones in.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

coconono posted:

The Switch one is based on the 3D engine. We're almost definitely going to get that for the Rumblethon and it will be glorious.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It really is amazing that MDickie got a wrestling game where you can have 100 people in a match with an arena filled to the ceiling with burning tables and explosions and it runs 500 times better on the Switch than the one attempt 2K made to port a WWE game to it

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

it probably helps that nothing in the game is over 200 tris, tops. maybe 300

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Drakkel posted:

It really is amazing that MDickie got a wrestling game where you can have 100 people in a match with an arena filled to the ceiling with burning tables and explosions and it runs 500 times better on the Switch than the one attempt 2K made to port a WWE game to it

It's legit the most fun I've had playing a wrestling game in a decade.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

It is loving good. I still do not understand the controls at all but it’s so drat funny you can die in the career mode.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

joylessdivision posted:

It's not a good game by any means but it's the fun kind of bad where it's janky and insane. If you can tolerate jank then there's a ton of fun to be had.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
In the MDickie game I did the same thing the new legacy guys did and just ran everyone out of every promotion I was in

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

In the MDickie game I did the same thing the new legacy guys did and just ran everyone out of every promotion I was in

My last career I played as Danielson in a WWE like
promotion, I was given Earthquake’s gimmick proceeded to be booked as a guest referee for weeks, feuded with the promotion’s owner for 3 months until I injured him and I was later crippled in a battle royal, I don’t even know how took a normal
move my health went to zero and the news feed said I was crippled and must retire

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

promotion, I was given Earthquake’s gimmick proceeded to be booked as a guest referee for weeks, feuded with the promotion’s owner for 3 months until I injured him and I was later crippled in a battle royal, I don’t even know how took a normal
move my health went to zero and the news feed said I was crippled and must retire

It's so loving good

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

neoaxd posted:

It's so loving good

You haven't played a game until you kill someone then kill your person at the tribute show the following week.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Testekill posted:

You haven't played a game until you kill someone then kill your person at the tribute show the following week.

I love the booking simulators where nL misunderstand the promos, so they have Edge be the guest referee, giving the winner a title match, but also be in the match. And then to the promo about how there’s no way he’s going to be able to defeat…EDGE!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Eat My Fuc posted:

I had a dude get paralyzed by a snapmare outside the ring. It must just be like a percentile chance of getting critically injured by any move at any time.

Game absolutely rocks.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Testekill posted:

If I'm remembering correctly, my first career lasted exactly one week and then I died.

My second try at career lasted a month before I died.

Apparently starting your career at 35 years old is a death sentence :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The best part of mDickie imo is the promos. Coming out and doing sponsored content for this cool sword you found in the back, accusing Santino Marella of drug trafficking, having Bill DeMott explain that Bill DeMott demanded this match be restarted, all this can occur in the same match