Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlAeEcVnnvo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i like the kyon pose shes doing in the thumbnail frame

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

rather dissonant mashup....but ill accept it

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

post what you've read, I bet there's something you haven't read that is worth checking out

fullmetal alchemist, naruto, one piece, bleach, trigun, hellsing, bakuman, berserk, d.gray man, akira, dbz, hunterxhunter, yuyu hakusho, level e, jojo's bizarre adventures, fist of the north star, berserk, golgo 13, hajime no ippo, slamdunk, eyeshield 21, liars game, 20th centuary boys, monster, black cat, death note, fairy tale, lupin, gantz, my hero, chainsaw man, tower of god, onepunchman, the gamer, solo leveling, att on titans, some lu bu one where the tn tried to convince me "farting" meant something more, one where two kids become friends and fight in a war together but it turns out one of them is a prince from another kingdom that betrays his friend. i'd like to find that one again to see how it finishes.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Lpzie posted:

fullmetal alchemist, naruto, one piece, bleach, trigun, hellsing, bakuman, berserk, d.gray man, akira, dbz, hunterxhunter, yuyu hakusho, level e, jojo's bizarre adventures, fist of the north star, berserk, golgo 13, hajime no ippo, slamdunk, eyeshield 21, liars game, 20th centuary boys, monster, black cat, death note, fairy tale, lupin, gantz, my hero, chainsaw man, tower of god, onepunchman, the gamer, solo leveling, att on titans, some lu bu one where the tn tried to convince me "farting" meant something more, one where two kids become friends and fight in a war together but it turns out one of them is a prince from another kingdom that betrays his friend. i'd like to find that one again to see how it finishes.

That's mostly weekly shonen.

I also don't see any Pluto in there.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol I was wondering if it was just going to be a list of popular shonen stuff

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
All manga is worthless now that I've exhausted the top 25 manga list recommended by 13 year old boys

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
eh, everyone has to start somewhere

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
let's get the real classics for 13yo boys in here like zatch bell, pretty face, negima, sayonara zetsubou sensei, ichigo 100%, zettai karen children, the world god only knows, azumanga daioh, the manga adaptation of suikoden iii

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lpzie posted:

there's no mob psycho in this list

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Space Flower posted:

let's get the real classics for 13yo boys in here like zatch bell, pretty face, negima, sayonara zetsubou sensei, ichigo 100%, zettai karen children, the world god only knows, azumanga daioh,

nodding, but only for half of them and you have to guess which half

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
thank you for your full support

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

nodding, but only for half of them and you have to guess which half

zatch bell, negima, zkc, twgok

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

Start reading manhwas I guess

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

fly high jan 8th 2022 - jan 8th 2022 :angel:

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Space Flower posted:

let's get the real classics for 13yo boys in here like zatch bell, pretty face, negima, sayonara zetsubou sensei, ichigo 100%, zettai karen children, the world god only knows, azumanga daioh, the manga adaptation of suikoden iii
don't forget rosario x vampire

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

rosario + vampire? rosario ÷ vampire??

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I fully admit to not having good taste or knowing what is good to begin with. That said, I will give a few suggestions: Haikyuu, Little Witch Academia, Flying Witch, Castlevania, Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, Way of the House Husband and Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun

edit: Oh wait I was thinking of just anime for some reason. Add Delicious in Dungeon and Spy X Family.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Medaka Box.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Space Flower posted:

let's get the real classics for 13yo boys in here like
Those 13 year olds are like 32 this year lol

We all know the 13 year old are into poo poo like "Oh My Horny! The Quiet Childhood Friend that Teases Me and Sleeps Over Might be Hot!"
And Fortnite

Elephant Parade posted:

rosario + vampire? rosario ÷ vampire??

Rosario (PEMDAS) Vampire

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Rosario (PEMDAS) Vampire

+ Rosario Vampire

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Rosario - (-Vampire)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Rosario (PEMDAS) Vampire

Rosario Vampire

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya9WIc_ECGE

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

now this is epic

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ya i'll chjeck out pluto.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lpzie posted:

stuff you'll probably like: lucifer and the biscuit hammer, claymore, jujutsu kaisen, soul eater, haikyuu

stuff that is outside your wheelhouse a bit but is good: akatsuki no yona, blue period

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Lpzie posted:

fairy tale

Might want to check out the authors other works, Rave Master and Eden's Zero, although his habit of wholesale recycling characters designs can grate a bit.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Ardeem posted:

Might want to check out the authors other works, Rave Master and Eden's Zero, although his habit of wholesale recycling characters designs can grate a bit.

i didn't like fairy tale very much. i read it up til the weird time skip and dropped it. but i'll keep those in mind.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm through the first cour of sakura quest and starting on the second. first cour was very good, i'm curious to see how the second will go when it's sort of spent most of its premise energy already...

i've got a basic list of what I want to watch the first half of this year: Akudama Drive (already seen 3 eps), Orbital Children, Link Click (seen 1 ep), Back Arrow, Blue Sub No 6, Kaiba, Odd Taxi, Shadows House, Ranking of Kings, Vivy Flourite Eyes Song, Heaven's Design Team, and SSSS.Gridman (seen 1 ep). so 12 series that are a bit all over in terms of genre. if i watch 3 eps a day, i could technically get through all those shows in 2 months... idk if i actually will, but maybe 3 months is reasonable???

i'm not sure i'll like all those shows either, but they generally are fondly talked about so i will at least give them a try (and orbital children is dennou coil person so i have to support that just because)

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Hank hill voice: manwha

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
is viz returning a 403 for anyone

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ok here's a bunch of quick recs

Dungeon Meshi, easily my favorite manga alongside One Piece
The Old Knight of the Border, Bard Loen
I Am a Hero
Here Comes the Demon, Iruma!
Hawkwood
Golden Kamuy
The Eminence in Shadow
Fortress of the Apocalypse
Yakuza Reincarnation
Stravaganza - The Queen in the Iron Mask
Frieren - Beyond Journey's End
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Reincarnated as a Sword(also known as "Sword Dad")
Spirit Circle
Karate Baka Isekai
Dead Dead Demon's Dedededestruction
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
Kodoku Experiment

some things that don't really fit but you might enjoy anyways:
Kumika's Sense of Taste - aliens have become commonplace on earth, and this follows one who learns to love food
Yokohama Shopping Trip - an all-time classic, a post-apocalypse following an android in her everyday life in the last days of humankind
Hito Hitori Futari(One Person, As Two) - a woman dies and becomes a spirit guide for the Japanese prime minister
Inubaka - if you like dogs, you'll probably like this dog-centric slice of life/romcom
And Yet the Town Keeps Turning - slice of life comedy, can get both extremely real and extremely surreal from one chapter to the next
Blank Canvas - a mangaka's autobiography in manga form, one of the best manga I've ever read
Heterogeneous Linguistics - one of the most fascinating and creative manga I've ever read, largely focuses on learning and understanding languages and behaviors of fantasy creatures
Franken Fran - poo poo's wild, yo

I've got more if you want them, but these should keep you occupied for a long time even if you don't read half of them

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lpzie posted:

i didn't like fairy tale very much. i read it up til the weird time skip and dropped it. but i'll keep those in mind.

I personally think Rave Master is better than Fairy Tale on most aspects (characters that aren't Gajeel and Ezra, overall plot cohesion, less weird sex stuff, villains that aren't quite so toothless or boringly overpowered, more tense fights, etc.), so even if you didn't like Fairy Tale, you might like Rave Master.

It's not perfect by any means but I enjoyed it greatly when I read it a decade and a half ago and some parts still hold up even on a reread now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito posted:

lol I was wondering if it was just going to be a list of popular shonen stuff

gently caress you shounen manga is good.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Yakuza Reincarnation's a neat twist. It's about an old man who goes out on his own terms with a few second thoughts and no real regrets past the changing era. And he keeps right on living like a boss on the other side too.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

FilthyImp posted:

Those 13 year olds are like 32 this year lol

We all know the 13 year old are into poo poo like "Oh My Horny! The Quiet Childhood Friend that Teases Me and Sleeps Over Might be Hot!"

so you are 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ardeem posted:

Yakuza Reincarnation's a neat twist. It's about an old man who goes out on his own terms with a few second thoughts and no real regrets past the changing era. And he keeps right on living like a boss on the other side too.
and the world he reincarnated into is genuinely fascinating, to boot. The walking fortress-city-turtle-mountain full of the privileged and defended by some rad-looking golems, that location that was just a massive demonic mouth guarded by a dragon, and of course all the gangster analogues in basically every villain they've fought so far. I love it.

There was another isekai I can never remember the name of where it's set in a modern day fantasy setting. There was a huge ripped ogre who runs a vegan cafe, wood elves are buff as hell lumberjacks and construction workers who love humans because they consider them eternal children(compared to elves), and dryads are yakuza who plant yggdrasil saplings to muscle in on other people's turf, which iirc spawn treemen in sleazy yakuza goon outfits and sunglasses to defend it from being cut down. I think only a few chapters of it got translated which is a shame because it was a really neat concept for a series.