Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

crepeface posted:

he said i have to be friends with adam too

aww... gently caress no, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm only friends with cool adam

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

some plague rats posted:

I'm only friends with cool adam

Just doxxed your friend, sorry

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Joementum posted:

the next TrueAnon episode is going to be great if Brace and Liz's heads don't explode first

https://twitter.com/business/status/1479217677721874436

where's Steve Jail in all of this?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

Just doxxed your friend, sorry

Please do not doxx the man who sang at my wedding

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realBlagojevich/status/1478833094295699458

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Lool

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

the "tweetscore" package in R

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
having done some work with R and sentiment analysis in the past, i can tell you EXACTLY how Sarah Silverman ended up the furthest left-wing voice in podcasting

first up you put together a list of words that mean "bad" and a list of words that mean "good"

then you put together a list of words that mean "democrat" and a list of words that mean "republican"

you count up all the times when good word happens with democrat, bad word happens with republican, and that's how left wing you are

you count up all the times when good word happens with republican, bad word happens with democrat, and that's how right wing you are

as a result of this any time you do political sentiment analysis CSPAM comes out as a moderate voice for logic and reason, because "the Trump hamburger party was amazing" means we're republicans, "Ted Cruz is the most cucked man in politics" means we're democrats, "I can't believe how excited I am for the Biden campaign!" means we're democrats, and "the democrats are a loving waste" means we're republicans

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

having done some work with R and sentiment analysis in the past, i can tell you EXACTLY how Sarah Silverman ended up the furthest left-wing voice in podcasting

first up you put together a list of words that mean "bad" and a list of words that mean "good"

then you put together a list of words that mean "democrat" and a list of words that mean "republican"

you count up all the times when good word happens with democrat, bad word happens with republican, and that's how left wing you are

you count up all the times when good word happens with republican, bad word happens with democrat, and that's how right wing you are

as a result of this any time you do political sentiment analysis CSPAM comes out as a moderate voice for logic and reason, because "the Trump hamburger party was amazing" means we're republicans, "Ted Cruz is the most cucked man in politics" means we're democrats, "I can't believe how excited I am for the Biden campaign!" means we're democrats, and "the democrats are a loving waste" means we're republicans

this would make sense with the Adam Carolla placement because the 'politics' he cares about is all just culture ware specific stuff like women dying their hair pink and people not eating enough stew anymore

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i figured as much. i think he's straight-jacketed by a liberal conception of what actions are appropriate for an academic. fanon was a psychiatrist, ffs.

if a mindset or argument brings you to the conclusion that you should do nothing, of what use is it to you?

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
should I go full sicko and binge the entirety of TrueAnon in chronological order back-to-back or is there a recent point I can start off from

i'm familiar with some of the details of the case but I don't wanna miss on the expanded cabal lore

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

woah, i had no idea, i always assumed sentiment analysis was bullshit but it has us dead to rights

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

SexyBlindfold posted:

should I go full sicko and binge the entirety of TrueAnon in chronological order back-to-back or is there a recent point I can start off from

hahaha, yes! yeeees!!

but seriously, it's all quite good, and a lot of it is sadly evergreen. depending on what the interface of your chosen method of listening makes easy, it's also totally possible to have it both ways, simultaneously keeping up with the new episodes and working your way through the classics, especially if you skip the ones you decide you're less interested in.

i still don't understand why it took so long for Ghislaine to be arrested and where she was during that time.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Doc Hawkins posted:

i still don't understand why it took so long for Ghislaine to be arrested and where she was during that time.

Being friends with lots of wealthy and powerful people

More to the point I think a lot of it was just that they needed to make sure the case against her was watertight as 1. Rushing it and loving it up would be very very bad and 2. They knew her lawyers were going to try every dirty trick in the book

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i guess she probably didn't have the same level of access to victims during that span

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

SexyBlindfold posted:

i'm familiar with some of the details of the case but I don't wanna miss on the expanded cabal lore

They mention when they have an episode that pertains to the case. They did an episode every day of court which sounds like a lot and then it was suddenly very little.

If you want that GOOD poo poo to turn on your schizophrenia, check out the block of episodes on the Kennedy Assassination. Listened to the whole run on a cross country road trip, which is optimal way but you find your way. Namaste

Edit:

MikeCrotch posted:

Being friends with lots of wealthy and powerful people

More to the point I think a lot of it was just that they needed to make sure the case against her was watertight as 1. Rushing it and loving it up would be very very bad and 2. They knew her lawyers were going to try every dirty trick in the book

but they were so bad at it. I would not pay Ghislaine's lawyers after their performance in court. loving embarrassing.

KirbyKhan has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Jan 7, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, it's very obvious that this is how nearly all ideological "quantitative" research works. Ideology is generally just measured by "how much a person aligns with (or in this case merely expresses positive vocabulary in association with) Democrats vs. Republicans."

It seems like the entire field is at the level of "undergraduate college student projects" or something. Like the sort of thing some student would throw together because they have to do something as an assignment.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, it's very obvious that this is how nearly all ideological "quantitative" research works. Ideology is generally just measured by "how much a person aligns with (or in this case merely expresses positive vocabulary in association with) Democrats vs. Republicans."

It seems like the entire field is at the level of "undergraduate college student projects" or something. Like the sort of thing some student would throw together because they have to do something as an assignment.

the thing is that since most people think the words 'algorithm' and 'magic' are synonymous there is no incentive to do better

you're there to provide the gloss of data to what the boss already wanted to hear, why do anything more than the bare minimum? More time for posting that way

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

KirbyKhan posted:

but they were so bad at it. I would not pay Ghislaine's lawyers after their performance in court. loving embarrassing.

I said before but I think it was pretty obvious she was meant to go away. everyone with power clearly cut her away to sink while isolating with precision to remove any external contexts

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

the thing is that since most people think the words 'algorithm' and 'magic' are synonymous there is no incentive to do better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J_xL4IGhJA

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I cast algorithmic missile

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you're telling me Nostradamus wasn't in the business of algorithms?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

huh, this "stav" guy is pretty funny! i'm sure he has a bright future in whatever industry is replacing what we used to call comedy. is SNL still hiring?

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

I want to hear nick's sketch pitches that were deemed too racist for shane gillis's show

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Minecraft Holmes posted:

I want to hear nick's sketch pitches that were deemed too racist for shane gillis's show

Next on SNL, a guy putting on blackface and going to a bernie sanders rally to ask why my people love crime so much

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

gdi gently caress this idiot if he causes a mis trial

https://twitter.com/MartaDhanis/status/1479228432869384192

very funny

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

what are the chances that this guy only realised he was sexually abused during the trial

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

According to the new podcast Dasha and Anna both got COVID and Anna was in hospital for over a week (and was close to death) which is why the new episode was 20 days overdue

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Wizard Master posted:

According to the new podcast Dasha and Anna both got COVID and Anna was in hospital for over a week (and was close to death) which is why the new episode was 20 days overdue

I'll take your word for it

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Edit: unnecessarily rude.

Wizard Master has issued a correction as of 05:36 on Jan 9, 2022

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Zizek was right

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Wizard Master posted:

lmao good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Wizard Master posted:

Anna also said she's now on corticosteroids and it will be interesting to see how she deals with the inevitable weight gain... I can't wait for the levels of seethe and cope when she ends up with a bloated prednisone moon face :twisted:

youre really hosed up dude

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I listened to an episode of Stuff You Missed in History Class. Mainstream podcasts are loving unlistenable. It was 40 minutes long and had multiple adbreaks. All for other podcasts.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Wizard Master posted:

Anna also said she's now on corticosteroids and it will be interesting to see how she deals with the inevitable weight gain... I can't wait for the levels of seethe and cope when she ends up with a bloated prednisone moon face :twisted:

time for these aging broads to get fat

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Wizard Master posted:

Wizard Master posted:

lol

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

*cheering* wizard master!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

you're weird as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jel Shaker posted:

what are the chances that this guy only realised he was sexually abused during the trial

lol imagining this guy sitting in court listening to expert testimony and then just jolting upright and going hang on a minute