Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpotMhY7Ob4

Here's a real-world test of the 2018, sounds like it tops out at 183 in 7th but they cut it a bit weird for whatever reason so maybe that's actually 8th gear

AM claims 195 as the top speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
If anyone is still trying for the Trial, the Porsche Carrera 73 seems like the clearly best car for it. There's some decent AWD tunes available that were good enough get me between 2nd and 4th pretty much every race (with a 1st thrown in ther once) depending on where in the lineup I started.

There were some fucken jerkoffs though, I saw multiple players just sit there and do nothing ruining it for everyone else. I assume there were just harvesting XP or something since the race still ends even if they don't finish unlike a normal race. There was also some jerk purposefully crashing into his own team.

Still this one only took maybe 6 attempts before I got a good enough team, it's not a super hard one if you have that car.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
I used the Lambo Miura, which I’d never tried before, but it whips rear end and looks cool. One of my new favorite cars I think, definitely gonna try some B rivals in it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

super fart shooter posted:

I used the Lambo Miura, which I’d never tried before, but it whips rear end and looks cool. One of my new favorite cars I think, definitely gonna try some B rivals in it

Huh I didn't have that one. There was some other valid Lambo (or maybe Ferrarri?), the Dino, that looked pretty drat useless overall

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i used the bentley 8 litre and finished 2nd, 2nd, 1st. it has the added benefit of being hilarious next to all the other cars. highly recommended.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I finished this weeks Trial in the Ferrari Dino with basically no issues. Tune code 564 854 701

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

gently caress man, these ai in the trial are impossible to catch. I'm driving my rear end off and don't even make a dent.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Wiltsghost posted:

gently caress man, these ai in the trial are impossible to catch. I'm driving my rear end off and don't even make a dent.

toss me a party invite @ cubivore and we can team up and murder 'em

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

toss me a party invite @ cubivore and we can team up and murder 'em

Once again complaining helps because we cleaned up the first 2 races. I won them both in the Dino. Helps not having to carry around a bunch of sad sacks. And to add that was fun as gently caress. It's a blast driving around with people who can actually race and not crash each other.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

rad

i just finished the trial again in the bentley and won both races, the second by so much that only the 2md place ai finished, the rest did not even make it to the line lmfao this thing is hilarious

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

That trial was cool because in both those races everyone finished ahead of the ai. Also each person was using a different car. Seems like there are a bunch that are viable for this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I need to make money somehow holy poo poo I'm broke as hell turn out tuning every car you drive is expensive.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

picked this up on game pass a few days ago and the voice acting is gonna drive me nuts! real bilingual spanish speakers do not talk like this!

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
You know a car drives good when you keep thinking your controller batteries are low because you’re zipping through turns super fast and getting no vibration at all :cool:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Badger of Basra posted:

picked this up on game pass a few days ago and the voice acting is gonna drive me nuts! real bilingual spanish speakers do not talk like this!

Aside from the general bugginess (particularly with online play), the VA is definitely the weakest aspect of el juego. Nowhere near enough lines, not enough voice options, and cringeworthy dialogue at the best of times

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
once you are done with the story the bad VO completely stops, except for the english DJs

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

once you are done with the story the bad VO completely stops, except for the english DJs

which you can also turn off

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

It floors me that this game ostensibly set in Mexico has no Mexican or Latin-themed radio stations. It's all EDM with one lovely rock station, one kinda-okay hip-hop station, and a generic classical station.

No Tejano, no Latin pop, not even a Mariachi song or two.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
What this week's trial and danger sign have in common is the older the car you go the more power you can put on the terrible stock tires.

Miura is one of the best in B, but without crash penalties in trial I couldn't pass on the opportunity to turn the '59 Porsche into a bowling ball:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
so some Ferraris don't come in solid red from the assembly line, and obv you'll want to change that quick, but beware there's fuckheads loving with liveries

the 1957 Testa Rossa somehow displays the n-word on the side if chose the most popular one (the seond most popular is fine)

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

It turns out if you take the Peel P50, a motorized tricycle, and upgrade the hell out of the engine and brakes but leave the terrible stock tires alone, it still has a rating of D-100 despite being way faster than any similarly rated car. Good luck driving the drat thing though. At least the limited physics model means it won't flip over on a turn.

Vivian Darkbloom fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 8, 2022

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

WhiteHowler posted:

It floors me that this game ostensibly set in Mexico has no Mexican or Latin-themed radio stations. It's all EDM with one lovely rock station, one kinda-okay hip-hop station, and a generic classical station.

No Tejano, no Latin pop, not even a Mariachi song or two.

There are some Spanish language songs on Pulse and Block Party but I think it’s only like three total at most. Yeah it’s weird. Also I can’t believe they only put in one Dua Lipa song

e: I downloaded FH4 just to check it out, what are the differences between 4 and 5? Maybe I’m not very discerning but they look almost exactly alike

Badger of Basra fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 9, 2022

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

e: I downloaded FH4 just to check it out, what are the differences between 4 and 5? Maybe I’m not very discerning but they look almost exactly alike

Not a whole lot, other than the map and the weather

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

webmeister posted:

Not a whole lot, other than the map and the weather

One weirdly specific difference is that drift zones in 4 are bizarrely difficult compared to 3, 5 and the DLC packages (and the drift club story in 4).

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Is there a tiebreaker in lobbies? Other person went 1st 3rd 2nd, I went 5th 1st 1st and the game decided his 50 points were bigger. Shouldn't have missed that checkpoint :negative:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

It turns out if you take the Peel P50, a motorized tricycle, and upgrade the hell out of the engine and brakes but leave the terrible stock tires alone, it still has a rating of D-100 despite being way faster than any similarly rated car. Good luck driving the drat thing though. At least the limited physics model means it won't flip over on a turn.

The PI is supposedly based on a simulated lap around a hypothetical test track. The track is supposed to be representative of the tracks in the game, and is different between games in the series, so the same car with the same upgrade can have different PI in different games.

So yeah, a Peel that's horrendous in the corners would be D100 because it would have to slow down to walking pace around corners.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

spamman posted:

One weirdly specific difference is that drift zones in 4 are bizarrely difficult compared to 3, 5 and the DLC packages (and the drift club story in 4).

I'm playing FH4 and was having a really tough time with drifting until I found the Holden Torana A9X drift tune. It's about as responsive as sending snail mail to Turn10 studios every time you want to turn, but once the back end goes out it's a seemingly impossible combination of being on ice and also very controllable with the throttle and brake. Once I got it down I was 3-starring all my remaining drift zones on my first or second try, often without even needing rewinds. I even joined an online drift adventure to try and get ranked and didn't completely embarrass myself.

e: 105 hours of playtime and I just found the Huntsman's Lodge, whose idea was it to put a player house in the middle of the forest away from all the roads?

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 9, 2022

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

:getin:

I am proud of my Pontiac Firebeast

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 10, 2022

text
Mar 12, 2011
On skill point farming chat that was a couple pages back the best brainless way of doing it where you barely need to look at the screen is using one of the sp farm ones in event lab (armageddon79 sp farm for example) and using the Sesto FE with the skill point mastery stuff unlocked on it.

It will get 10 points in 30 seconds (ok 31 but still), just hold the accelerator and restart as many times as you want. With autosteer and automatic transmission obviously. I got 200 points while almost entirely focused on an episode of IASIP.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Some of the car collection rewards are pretty awesome. I blew through 5 million credits finishing up my Porsche collection but now I have the 911 GT3 RS Forza Edition, so that feels worth it :v:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Songbearer posted:

:getin:

I am proud of my Pontiac Firebeast

that owns, please post teh code

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

tomanton posted:

Is there a tiebreaker in lobbies? Other person went 1st 3rd 2nd, I went 5th 1st 1st and the game decided his 50 points were bigger. Shouldn't have missed that checkpoint :negative:
From what I've seen, ties go to whoever had a higher score before the tie

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that owns, please post teh code

I didn't know about share codes, here it is

109 431 916

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Trying to buy the newer cars in the auction house and none are showing up. I haven't even seen a Celica for sale yet.

There are only 338,864 out of 14m+ times set on the monthly rivals, which is easy points, just do a clean lap.

I think the number of active players has fallen off a cliff. They probably killed it with all their stupid poo poo.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I'm still having great fun playing this game and I enjoy the variety of the weekly festival playlists, but for the love of all that is holy please just stop it with the playground games and arcade requirements. Both are extremely un-fun and forced. It took me forever to even get into a match to infect someone in survival.

Also I'm going to just come out and say it - I like the Eliminator a lot. There is nothing like staying super close to someone with a vastly superior car and have them smash into a rock/tree/etc and dive around them for the win. I've actually gotten a few ragequits that way.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

rad

i just finished the trial again in the bentley and won both races, the second by so much that only the 2md place ai finished, the rest did not even make it to the line lmfao this thing is hilarious

Man I want this Bentley 8 litre, the Carerra was good but I could only get first in the final race which goes up the volcano so has a ton of twists and turns. The sprints it just wasn't quick enough.

I'm a little confused because it didn't seem to be in the list of accepted cars you find my pressing start when selecting the Trial.

Has anyone else noticed that the list of cars when you do that seems a bit off? It's usually way fewer cars than it actually should be it seems like

Badger of Basra posted:

Yeah that's been noted, it's terrible lol. Downright embarrassing especially if you speak Spanish or have friends from Mexico.

The Midniter posted:

I'm still having great fun playing this game and I enjoy the variety of the weekly festival playlists, but for the love of all that is holy please just stop it with the playground games and arcade requirements. Both are extremely un-fun and forced. It took me forever to even get into a match to infect someone in survival.

Also I'm going to just come out and say it - I like the Eliminator a lot. There is nothing like staying super close to someone with a vastly superior car and have them smash into a rock/tree/etc and dive around them for the win. I've actually gotten a few ragequits that way.

Agreed I wish they would just have two trials per season or else just add another custom championship. Only multiplayer thing I actually like is Rivals (to a limited extent) and the Trial which is fun because you want your teammates to succeed and most people are pretty good about that, letting faster cars through and just giving people some space

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Speaking of Bentleys, hope everyone is ready to drop 4 million on the Bentley Blower this Thursday to complete the weekly :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Play posted:

Man I want this Bentley 8 litre, the Carerra was good but I could only get first in the final race which goes up the volcano so has a ton of twists and turns. The sprints it just wasn't quick enough.

I'm a little confused because it didn't seem to be in the list of accepted cars you find my pressing start when selecting the Trial.

Has anyone else noticed that the list of cars when you do that seems a bit off? It's usually way fewer cars than it actually should be it seems like

the list the game gives you when you select that option only shows cars that are in the required performance class. if you want to see an actual full list of the cars you own that are eligible, you need to look at what type of cars are able to do the trial, then go to your garage and filter by that car type. so for this week it is rare classics, so go to your garage and filter it so that it only shows the rare classices you own.

yes this is dumb and it should just do this when you check available cars from the trial screen.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It does have 5 body kits and 13 spoiler options including a single post spoiler.

It's pretty awesome.

I don't get why all of the spoilers aren't available on any car with a trunk, though.