Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Samantha Hanratty said that in an interview. She was the only "real" actor on set since she was unmasked at the end of the scene.

I'm glad she explained that it was all extras. People were getting really weird with trying to figure out who was who, like...taking stills of the meat-eating shots and comparing against the shape of the main actors' teeth. The existence of the Co-Ed Naked Soccer shirt also causes much debate about how long Van will survive out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

coronatae posted:

taking stills of the meat-eating shots and comparing against the shape of the main actors' teeth.

What a perfectly normal thing to do and definitely something that wouldn't give every cast member loving nightmares if they ever heard about it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

coronatae posted:

Samantha Hanratty said that in an interview. She was the only "real" actor on set since she was unmasked at the end of the scene.

I'm glad she explained that it was all extras. People were getting really weird with trying to figure out who was who, like...taking stills of the meat-eating shots and comparing against the shape of the main actors' teeth. The existence of the Co-Ed Naked Soccer shirt also causes much debate about how long Van will survive out there.

Oh, people are *still* getting weird about it.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Xiahou Dun posted:

What a perfectly normal thing to do and definitely something that wouldn't give every cast member loving nightmares if they ever heard about it.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I was literally about to post that lol

Since you beat me to it, have more wholesome BTS content, made slightly unsettling by all the actors being in their post-crash outfits

https://twitter.com/albastew/status/1477646053642022914?s=20

Kevin Alves (Travis) left his phone

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Just got all caught up on the show so far. My personal dumb Adam theory is that he is Shauna's forest baby.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Debrie Bardeaux, star of the hit Fantastic 4 musical?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Loved Lost and so far love this, although this is closer to The Wilds imo.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yes. I'm surprised not to see that comparison more often.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Maybe it was the all at once format, but I binged the Wilds and couldn't tell you anything beyond plane crash, brunette lead. It wasn't bad, just fleeting.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Oh man, I loved The Wilds -- I think it's better than this show, sorry to say (and I like Yellowjackets!).

So keen for the second season.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

D34THROW posted:

Nat and the floor coke made me so loving sad. It's such...a visceral thing..

I thought it was going to end in disaster with it not being coke but Fentanyl that skipped out of Misty's pocket while they were wrestling.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Is Yellowjackets something you'd watch with siblings or is it awkwardly heavy on the sex scenes?

I remember my friend decided to watch True Blood with her grandma...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Hughmoris posted:

Is Yellowjackets something you'd watch with siblings or is it awkwardly heavy on the sex scenes?

No such sex scenes come to mind. There is some sex, but it's not steamy, or explicit.
There are some gross scenes, but that's mostly gore.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Hughmoris posted:

I have a super high thresh-hold for that so grain of salt, but nah. It’s generally not very sexually explicit. There’s not an insane amount of boning and they cut away before much happens.

Plenty of other poo poo happens, e.g. people getting eaten, but no like hardcore sex.

(Americans are so loving weird that consensual adults having sex is considered more out there than someone have their face chewed on, but whatever.)

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Hughmoris posted:

Most of the (very little) sex is awkward teenage bumbling and awkward adult bumbling. It's played for laughs/drama, not titillation.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Ok thanks. I've heard great things about the pilot so we're going to give it a go.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

The app is being weird so I can't post the entirety of dumb theory roundup but I think this about sums it up

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Isn't Caligula an African Grey? At least he's grey...

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Kuiperdolin posted:

Yes. I'm surprised not to see that comparison more often.

Especially since the actor that plays Shauna’s husband in Yellowjackets plays the evangelist Pelaton dad in The Wilds

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Kuiperdolin posted:

Isn't Caligula an African Grey? At least he's grey...

Yes.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Yea it seems like they might be walking back some things after this ep. Also why did it air a day early?

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

It drops on the Showtime app at midnight EST :shrug:

I made Malibu and milk and it was pretty good, like a very weak Bushwhacker. If you got drunk enough off these to be impregnated by Randy loving Walsh I think you'd be barfing your soul out the next day but for a one-off it was decent.

All I can say right now about episode 9 is: there have been so many theories floated that some of them are going to be right. But the joy for me is not that the theories are right it's the how and why that make this show so compelling

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Ep 9: The idea of Misty and Jessica maybe becoming a couple is kind of amazing.

Also, that happened. Holy gently caress.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
lmao no Jessica is rightly terrified of Misty

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

lmao no Jessica is rightly terrified of Misty

Oh, yeah, I wasn't trying to suggest that they're anywhere near being a legitimate romatic couple, I think I mispoke a little. It's more, like, the actresses are leaning into a slight tension there with the way they're playing their scenes, and I feel like it's there in the script too -- we're clearly meant to be comparing those scenes to the stuff with Misty and Coach in the past, and see that the Misery situation in the present is more of a match between equals.

I don't think it's out of the realm of sanity to imagine these two characters teaming up, some point down the line, particularly given that they're so similar, and Misty's whole arc about wanting to be accepted and legitimised by people who understand where she's coming from.

Yeah, Jessica's clearly scared of Misty, and manipulating Misty, but there are moments, with the way Rekha Sharma is playing it, where she seems to relax a little. It's a cool dynamic that I'd like to see more of, that's what I'm trying to say.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
So Lottie as antler queen and cannibalism confirmed?

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
when juliette lewis says she could kneecap someone at fifty meters it actually seems plausible.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

TheWeedNumber posted:

So Lottie as antler queen and cannibalism confirmed?

No way. Lottie is the girl in the pit. Next season is all about her building her fever dream society and Jackie usurping it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

Oh man, I loved The Wilds -- I think it's better than this show, sorry to say (and I like Yellowjackets!).

So keen for the second season.

Same. I can totally see why people wouldn't like it though, it lacks much of the brutality of Yellowjackets

I felt sorry for Jeff as he just got bombarded by bad news after bad news

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

this shows crazy lol. Jeff ftw

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

yeah Jeff stock has skyrocketed after that

i don't really have any predictions for the season finale but i hope when they do the mask reveal it's a bunch of characters we've never seen before :lost:

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Book club chat: There’s no book club?!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Campbell posted:

Hahah definitely new thread title "I can't believe you thought I was going to book club all the time"

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
indeed.

Yellowjackets: What? There's no book club!?

the coach+Misty scene was perfect

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Campbell posted:

Best line of the episode. Perfect delivery.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

That was a tense scene with the jackets going all Maenads on Javi Travis. I had to remind myself twice that we already know he makes it out of the woods.

Kuiperdolin fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 10, 2022

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Chairman Capone posted:

Best line of the episode. Perfect delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
His faith in the book club is totally shattered.