Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OgNar posted:

Heh, making all that wasted money back.

"The firm hired by the Arizona Senate to conduct a review of the Maricopa County election was found in contempt of court Thursday and ordered to pay sanctions of $50,000 a day until it turns over public records from the review to The Arizona Republic.

The Republic sued Cyber Ninjas and the Senate in June for records and, after months of litigation, asked for sanctions against the company of $1,000 a day. Maricopa Superior Court Judge John Hannah ruled that the company's noncompliance was worth 50 times that amount."

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news...nes/9116997002/

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1479431152897306627

The real question is why won't they turn over the materials? They've already provided a report that says nothing happened, right?

So, the only reasons I can think of to not want to turn over the materials is:

a) Their process was so dumb and they broke so much chain of custody and contaminated all of it so bad (and still found nothing) that it would be embarrassing

2) The did find fraud but it all points at republican voters and would also be embarrassing

iii) All of the above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
If I had to bet, the records will show that the final report they released is a complete fabrication, that there's no way to use their work to get to the totals they released.

Murgos posted:

a) Their process was so dumb and they broke so much chain of custody and contaminated all of it so bad (and still found nothing) that it would be embarrassing criminal

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 7, 2022

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
If I recall correctly they hosed up the chain of custody so badly the state had to purchase entirely new voting machines.

https://apnews.com/article/technology-business-arizona-voting-senate-elections-093398474eab8d51167b2347a731f4b9

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Murgos posted:

The real question is why won't they turn over the materials? They've already provided a report that says nothing happened, right?

So, the only reasons I can think of to not want to turn over the materials is:

a) Their process was so dumb and they broke so much chain of custody and contaminated all of it so bad (and still found nothing) that it would be embarrassing

2) The did find fraud but it all points at republican voters and would also be embarrassing

iii) All of the above

The problem is: They didn't actually do anything? They also violated a bunch of protocols around handling voting materials and machines, hence why they want the report because someone's in big trouble.

Mercury_Storm posted:

If I recall correctly they hosed up the chain of custody so badly the state had to purchase entirely new voting machines.

https://apnews.com/article/technology-business-arizona-voting-senate-elections-093398474eab8d51167b2347a731f4b9

This. They took voting stuff OUT OF STATE which is a huge no no for chain of custody and also violated a bunch of the forensic requirements. The judge is trying to basically give them the rope to hang themselves the rest of the way.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

OgNar posted:

Heh, making all that wasted money back.

"The firm hired by the Arizona Senate to conduct a review of the Maricopa County election was found in contempt of court Thursday and ordered to pay sanctions of $50,000 a day until it turns over public records from the review to The Arizona Republic.

The Republic sued Cyber Ninjas and the Senate in June for records and, after months of litigation, asked for sanctions against the company of $1,000 a day. Maricopa Superior Court Judge John Hannah ruled that the company's noncompliance was worth 50 times that amount."

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news...nes/9116997002/

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1479431152897306627

You mean to tell me that Trump didn't float their expenses?

I am shocked.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

BiggerBoat posted:

You mean to tell me that Trump didn't float their expenses?

I am shocked.

"But he's fighting for us!!!?!? He's going to stop corruption I don't understand!!!!!?"

Somewhere, someone said this earnestly.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

"But he's fighting for us!!!?!? He's going to stop corruption I don't understand!!!!!?"

Somewhere, someone said this earnestly.

The gold toilet making GBS threads, private jet flying, coastal elite penthouse born and raised billionaire who is all for the little people but doesn't spend any of his massive wealth backing their causes guy?

Well, I'll be.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I remember Glenn Beck talking a few years back about how Soros was responsible for THE CARAVANS, because I think Soros donated some money to an organization that helped immigrants find family members if they crossed the border? It was something benign like that but he treated it as if Soros was going door to door in South America saying "I will pay you thousands of dollars to rush the Texas border."

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Alex Jones has been getting more and more unhinged and desperate lately, what with the successful lawsuits against him and him being called to the Jan 6th commission. He used to have his underlings (Harrison) do all the explicitly white nationalist and super racist content, but he's jumped into that pool himself and is swimming in all the poo poo in his recent episodes. Oh and begging for money, more than usual of course.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Does Paul Joseph Watson still work for him? Whats he up to these days?

It seems like the days of right wing losers on youtube is done. They've been replaced with the people with actual money behind them of some kind.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

It seems like the days of right wing losers on youtube is done. They've been replaced with the people with actual money behind them of some kind.

Examples of the latter?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Zwabu posted:

Examples of the latter?

Shapiro?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Zwabu posted:

Examples of the latter?

Bongino?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

Prison Paul tends to show up on the public radar these days only when he makes a bad take on Twitter and the rest of the internet ratios him back into whatever sweaty crevasse he crawled out of. If he ever had any power to affect anything, it's long since evaporated, doubly so since Alex Jones was erased from public consciousness. I'd say those angry right wing comic book nerd channels have more clout and reach than he does at the moment, and even those assholes are on the cusp of their waning days from the look of it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

I remember Glenn Beck talking a few years back about how Soros was responsible for THE CARAVANS, because I think Soros donated some money to an organization that helped immigrants find family members if they crossed the border? It was something benign like that but he treated it as if Soros was going door to door in South America saying "I will pay you thousands of dollars to rush the Texas border."

It's true

I tried to get in on some of that action but it was a no go since I already lived in the states.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
lol just caught the threat title while browsing favorites again. congrats Limbaugh you hateful fucker on 325 days sober!

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I was thinking about why Cruz floated the idea out about the 1/6 rioters being terrorists and I think it was a feeler for distancing the republicans from the proud boys and oath keepers.

The conspiracy indictments for those groups are building up a head of steam and I expect their role is going to get the full treatment by the 1/6 committee soon.

The gist of it seems like it is going to be that the mob probably wouldn’t have been pushed into nearly such a frenzy without those two groups showing up with and executing detailed plans for instigating them facilitating their movements past the police and into the building.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Speaking of Ted Cruz

Watch Ted Cruz Literally Beg Tucker Carlson for Forgiveness

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7n79d/ted-cruz-apology-tucker-carlson-jan-6-statement

quote:

Sen. Ted Cruz found out for the 450,156th time on Thursday that he will never be rewarded for being diet MAGA, and groveled for forgiveness from Fox News host Tucker Carlson for calling the Jan. 6 Capitol riot a “violent terrorist attack” one day earlier.

The Texas Republican drew fierce blowback from Carlson, who has called the Jan. 6 Capitol riot a “false flag” operation, and other far-right figures for saying on Wednesday that Jan. 6 marked the “an anniversary of a violent terrorist attack on the Capitol.”

“The way I phrased things yesterday, it was sloppy, and it was frankly dumb,” a shamefaced Cruz told Carlson Thursday night.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
The funniest thing about Cruz is that he still thinks he can be president. Even if he got the nomination I expect it would be one of the lowest R turnouts in decades.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Twelve by Pies posted:

This poo poo is what lead to the Tree of Life massacre. The Democrats not hanging that and the El Paso shooting around the necks of Republicans and their media ecosystem was such a massive failure.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Murgos posted:

The funniest thing about Cruz is that he still thinks he can be president. Even if he got the nomination I expect it would be one of the lowest R turnouts in decades.

Cruz's ambition being upended by his need to grovel for popularity at the feet of people like Carlson is the best revenge I can wish for him. It feels like poetic justice.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 9, 2022

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Murgos posted:

My dream scenario is for Trump not running in ‘24 and then see how Fox News will flail about trying to find their golden calf. Cruz will run but to no avail. Pence? He’s toast. Maybe it’s time for Rudy!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

BigglesSWE posted:

My dream scenario is for Trump not running in ‘24 and then see how Fox News will flail about trying to find their golden calf. Cruz will run but to no avail. Pence? He’s toast. Maybe it’s time for Rudy!

Eh, DeSantis, the governor of Florida, seems like an easy frontrunner. In some ways he's even more popular than Trump right now because he's going all-in on the anti-vax stuff that's popular with the base.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Is Crenshaw still viable?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

This poo poo is what lead to the Tree of Life massacre. The Democrats not hanging that and the El Paso shooting around the necks of Republicans and their media ecosystem was such a massive failure.

I don't know how well it would work. Glenn Beck loves to talk up how he's gotten all sorts of awards for being Israel's Best Friend, it's his standard response to being accused of antisemitism. I feel like if the Dems had gone hard after right wing media for those shootings, the responses would have been for them to talk about how much they love Israel, and the Dems don't like Israel so they are the true antisemites, so I don't think it would have worked.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

I don't know how well it would work. Glenn Beck loves to talk up how he's gotten all sorts of awards for being Israel's Best Friend, it's his standard response to being accused of antisemitism. I feel like if the Dems had gone hard after right wing media for those shootings, the responses would have been for them to talk about how much they love Israel, and the Dems don't like Israel so they are the true antisemites, so I don't think it would have worked.

I thought El Paso was a Walmart, not a synagogue.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Cat Puke posted:

Is Crenshaw still viable?

AS what? A candidate for president? I doubt it but it's the loving GOP so for all I know MTG is viable. i don't think there is a bottom and any reporting or bios on a candidate are just "Fake news" and "hit pieces" if they prove to be problematic and RWM will host them to explain their "real side of the story" and bitch about the biased liberal media.

DeSantis looks like the heir apparent though, which is horrifying enough. I wouldn't rule anyone out for him as VP though except Liz Cheney.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Crenshaw has one of the most gerrymandered district in the Country. He's picked his own voters and they'll stick with him until the end. Even if he's a complete idiot, he isn't going anywhere.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Crenshaw has one of the most gerrymandered district in the Country. He's picked his own voters and they'll stick with him until the end. Even if he's a complete idiot, he isn't going anywhere.

So, just like almost every other Republican?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

crossposting:

i made the mistake of engaging in a Gamergate discussion on twitter last night. my notifciations haven't stopped chiming since. of all the subcategories of chud, GG'ers have been the most organized and resilient in my experience. oh sure, i've gotten into arguments with pepes and antivaxxers that went on for a long time, but never got swarmed like i do with loving GG'ers

a few interesting things i noticed:

- Gamergates really REALLY hate it when you bring up Gamergate for some reason, even though they seem to COINCIDENTALLY agree with everything about GG shockedpikachu.gif
- NOT GG'ers insisting that no one ever ACTUALLY liked milo (said while multiple GG'ers complained about the anti-GG'er side 'gaslighting' everyone :rolleyes: )
- these guys have such a pathological hatred for anita sarkeesian that unlike most other subgroup of chuds, they don't even try to keep up pretenses of being against cancel culture, and will happily gloat about her wanting her to be cancelled/killed

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

crossposting:

i made the mistake of engaging in a Gamergate discussion on twitter last night. my notifciations haven't stopped chiming since. of all the subcategories of chud, GG'ers have been the most organized and resilient in my experience. oh sure, i've gotten into arguments with pepes and antivaxxers that went on for a long time, but never got swarmed like i do with loving GG'ers

a few interesting things i noticed:

- Gamergates really REALLY hate it when you bring up Gamergate for some reason, even though they seem to COINCIDENTALLY agree with everything about GG shockedpikachu.gif
- NOT GG'ers insisting that no one ever ACTUALLY liked milo (said while multiple GG'ers complained about the anti-GG'er side 'gaslighting' everyone :rolleyes: )
- these guys have such a pathological hatred for anita sarkeesian that unlike most other subgroup of chuds, they don't even try to keep up pretenses of being against cancel culture, and will happily gloat about her wanting her to be cancelled/killed

I noticed that trend on Twitter lately myself: if you mention gamergate in a critical capacity, a million people will angrily emerge from the mist to scream at you that “gamergate is over, move on SJW scum.” Which prompts the response “then why are you still mad about it?” :thunk:

It is still and will always be August 2014 for these people. They will die mad about video game feminism.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

All for nailing their wallets to the wall but I have my doubts. They'll just say 'No. Bankrupt. Nice try poo poo lords.' and walk away. Money crimes don't get punished in this country.

To quote that article,

the hill posted:

Hannah also said he wants to put the firm “on notice,” saying he will issue individual orders for those responsible for providing the records if Cyber Ninjas continues not to comply, the outlet reported. 

In other words: the judge is going to fine the individual people at Cyber Ninjas if they don't comply, not just the organization. I know :matters: but the judge seems pretty fucken hardcore here.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Agents are GO! posted:

To quote that article,

In other words: the judge is going to fine the individual people at Cyber Ninjas if they don't comply, not just the organization. I know :matters: but the judge seems pretty fucken hardcore here.

I wouldn't expect any less. Aside from the general fact that it would subvert justice, judges sometimes take personal offense to this one weird trick to dodge court orders. It would be a humiliating coda to the whole Big Lie story to see the cyber ninjas charged with fraud even after they chickened out in the report.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Yeah, "Piercing the Corporate Veil" happens more often than people realize, especially if blatant misconduct occurred and the perpetrators were suitable for throwing to the mob

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Remember when Ben Garrison did multiple cartoons about how the Arizona audit was totally going to expose that Biden and the Dems committed fraud?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Remember when Ben Garrison did multiple cartoons about how the Arizona audit was totally going to expose that Biden and the Dems committed fraud?

I don't. Did have a bunch of labels on it explaining what all the drawings were?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

BigRed0427 posted:

He was caught faking that video about Jim Acosta which made Acosta look like he was pushing some lady out of the way during a Trump press event.
Don't think he has done anything apart from piss weak twitter trolls after being owned by Hbomberguy about soy in his Brain Fuel grift.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

happyhippy posted:

He was caught faking that video about Jim Acosta which made Acosta look like he was pushing some lady out of the way during a Trump press event.
Don't think he has done anything apart from piss weak twitter trolls after being owned by Hbomberguy about soy in his Brain Fuel grift.

The product reviews section of that video is amazing. People talking about how they took like a sample dosage of the pills and it still made black out or poo poo themselves uncontrollably or made them otherwise violently ill. I'm surprised Alex Jones even has the veneer of an audience left given how many people his shady supplements health has hosed up so far.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't. Did have a bunch of labels on it explaining what all the drawings were?

To be honest the only one I really remember well is the one where the Arizona Audit was a cactus shooting needles at Biden's Bubble, but I know there was like two more other than that. But to answer your question if they had a bunch of labels, even if I don't remember them, the answer is of course yes. I did say they were Garrison cartoons after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
There's been a few, but none that really stand out as interesting.