Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's all kicking off

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1473269364694654979?t=BxTYRZAnTY3z38YDzeY1KQ&s=19
https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1473271723902619651?t=rKUhahi47oEPOeoc8ZABmg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Me liquidity ratios!

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/repubblica/status/1473299455256535055

It is indeed all kicking off. Police has raided the offices of Inter and the italian FA to obtain documents regarding the weird transfers (same issues Juventus had a couple weeks back)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Lol that it’s rich telecom American Commisso complaining about inequality but he’s right. Nothing will change though; this is going to turn in to Palotta at Roma who just up and quit because he couldn’t deal with the insane Italian laws and financial regulations.

Also Insigne got Covid; Wednesday is going to be a super spreading event.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Immobile too

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Immobile too

I read that his wife got it and he’s quarantining himself but I imagine if she’s got it he does as well.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

I'm a juve fan so welcome all the vilifying I rightly deserve. Anyway, it's interesting to see something like this where my understanding is that everyone is just hosed. Juve was absolutely scrambling with the super league to compete with the EPL and their literal mountains of cash, nobody owns their own stadium and COVID just wrecked all the finances forever. For Juve, they've gotten another absurd infusion of cash and now are being told in no uncertain terms that they're going to have to start making money on players again (RIP de Ligt, miss u already). I don't know how that could possibly work out for anyone else though (that doesn't have a billionaire owner anyway).

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol that it’s rich telecom American Commisso complaining about inequality but he’s right. Nothing will change though; this is going to turn in to Palotta at Roma who just up and quit because he couldn’t deal with the insane Italian laws and financial regulations.

I think nothing can change here because the emperor has no clothes. Not like the italian fa is going to decide "yes, let's publicize how screwed all our clubs are."

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

builds character posted:

I think nothing can change here because the emperor has no clothes. Not like the italian fa is going to decide "yes, let's publicize how screwed all our clubs are."

I think you're exactly right; everyone is in the same situation and those that hold all the actual power (Juve, Inter, Milan, to some extent Roma, Lazio, Napoli) with respect to TV deals and everything else aren't just going to let it collapse without trying to cheat in every way possible first.

In any case I think you'll find that Milan have no financial irregularities, maybe we can win the net spend trophy this season https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Milan/21-12-2021/milan-accertamenti-bilanci-nessuna-irregolarita-430574342301.shtml

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Gigi Galli posted:

I think you're exactly right; everyone is in the same situation and those that hold all the actual power (Juve, Inter, Milan, to some extent Roma, Lazio, Napoli) with respect to TV deals and everything else aren't just going to let it collapse without trying to cheat in every way possible first.

In any case I think you'll find that Milan have no financial irregularities, maybe we can win the net spend trophy this season https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Milan/21-12-2021/milan-accertamenti-bilanci-nessuna-irregolarita-430574342301.shtml

Not gonna lie, this just makes me think Milan is even guiltier. Juve's 100% guilty, for the record. Joao Cancelo looks good now but he was a rough bench player when Juve traded him and they got another bench player who then turned out to be good in a back three. Pjanic for Arthur is another uh.... thing? And that's to say nothing of all the smaller players that got traded. 10mm here, 10mm there all adds up.

I love the comments section on that article.

comment posted:

We comfort ourselves with legality, sporting loyalty, economic sustainability and never raising our voices even after having suffered sensational thefts on the pitch.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Well yeah of course Milan as a society is guilty of something related to finances, the owners are like the kings of hell capitalists. I do bet we have better accountants and lawyers than most of the other teams precisely because the owners commit these kinds of crimes every day a zillion times with all their other holdings, and crucially, across international accounts.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
I think there are about 17 people in attendance at Allianz Stadium.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
They've had pretty abysmal attendance figures all season long

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

builds character posted:

commenter posted:

We comfort ourselves with legality, sporting loyalty, economic sustainability and never raising our voices even after having suffered sensational thefts on the pitch.

I love this quote- I will be using that in the future.

New York Times published an article back in November about fraud in Serie A- I am annoyed they didn't mention Stefano Sturaro

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/16/...&smid=url-share

edit:

Dilkington fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 21, 2021

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

GreatestLurker posted:

I think there are about 17 people in attendance at Allianz Stadium.

These are the 17 people who haven’t flown home to Palermo yet.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

trem_two posted:

They've had pretty abysmal attendance figures all season long

Most folks in turin roots for turino so with travel restrictions I imagine they're having a tough go of it.

Also, just lol at juve only currently beating cagliari because cagliari has had a couple unlucky misses.

Gigi Galli posted:

Well yeah of course Milan as a society is guilty of something related to finances, the owners are like the kings of hell capitalists. I do bet we have better accountants and lawyers than most of the other teams precisely because the owners commit these kinds of crimes every day a zillion times with all their other holdings, and crucially, across international accounts.

This is definitely true. I'm curious to see how it plays out because it seems super hard to actually prove (vs. we all know exactly what was happening but...) at any rate but who knows.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
merry antonio di natale everyone

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dilkington posted:

merry antonio di natale everyone

:hmmyes:

I like that Kessie scored a goal today, with Giroud on the ground, and they couldn’t pretend it was offside this time.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Also, Catania has officially gone bankrupt; there’s a slim possibility that they will be able to play out the rest of the season, but it’s probably going to end the same way Chievo did.

The years with all those Argentinian players and buck toothed Beppe Mascara were great. That was a fantastic team to watch, and when Simeone was there he hadn’t quite developed his “out oval office the opposition” style yet.

It sucks that one of the two big teams from Sicily is in this situation. Hopefully they can do what Palermo did and start back up relatively quickly.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
And Spezia played the perfect game. https://mobile.twitter.com/OptaPaolo/status/1473772334045700105

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lol that rules

Looks like Serie B had to cancel all of the matches it had planned for this and next week due to covid. Probably the smart move.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

https://twitter.com/valfra24/status/1474348884113731586?s=21

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i wonder why hakan calahhgakjloun is good for inter but was so hit and miss for milan

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
i remember him playing all over the place for milan (wider) and inter has slotted him in right where he wants to play (narrower)

also super turk-spite

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

paddyboat posted:

i remember him playing all over the place for milan (wider) and inter has slotted him in right where he wants to play (narrower)

also super turk-spite

Yeah I think he’s better as a slightly deeper and more central playing creative midfielder instead of being a 10 or winger. It works because Barella and Brozo cover so much ground with quality, which basically lets Hakan be the ultimate luxury midfielder, and it turns out he excels at that.

trem_two fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 26, 2021

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The government put out some new covid regulations to take effect in January regarding nearly every level of football.

* 50% stadium capacity (down from 75%)
* Negative tests 48 hours are no longer accepted, you need proof of vax or proof of recovery from covid in the past 6 months
* All players at every level (including you and your m9s at 5 a side) have to be vaccinated, no exceptions.

That last one is a big deal, though I think Serie A was close to 100% vaccinated in any case.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

The government put out some new covid regulations to take effect in January regarding nearly every level of football.

* 50% stadium capacity (down from 75%)
* Negative tests 48 hours are no longer accepted, you need proof of vax or proof of recovery from covid in the past 6 months
* All players at every level (including you and your m9s at 5 a side) have to be vaccinated, no exceptions.

That last one is a big deal, though I think Serie A was close to 100% vaccinated in any case.

Wonder if we'll see any outbound transfers to other leagues for idiots that won't get vaxxed *cough cough* Rabiot *cough*

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The deadline for Salernitana to be sold is a few hours from now; apparently the Not Lotito Family Trust has received at least two offers from individuals, and is awaiting another from some money laundering capital group. I imagine if they are real the league will allow an extra amount of time to get all the paperwork done.

Must be loving infuriating to support them right now.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

The deadline for Salernitana to be sold is a few hours from now; apparently the Not Lotito Family Trust has received at least two offers from individuals, and is awaiting another from some money laundering capital group. I imagine if they are real the league will allow an extra amount of time to get all the paperwork done.

Must be loving infuriating to support them right now.

On the bright side, they won't be owned by Lotito anymore

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

On the bright side, they won't be owned by Lotito anymore

Lol, it happened. The holding group accepted an offer from Danilo Iervolino, a man most known for founding a fully online university in Italy, then selling it for a billion euros.

This gives the team and Iervolino another 45 days to reach a full agreement and transfer of ownership, so Salernitana are safe til February at least.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Salernitana sale was supposedly only 10 million euros, with the expected infusion of an additional 20 million from Iervolino to bolster the squad and facilities. In the grand scheme of things that’s like....practically free. Apparently Lotito is insanely mad about it which makes me wish it was 5 million euros instead of 10.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Karsderp

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Roma did us a lot of favors and they probably should have had a penalty at the end but that game should not have been that easy for Milan. That center back pairing was terrible; Gabbia is a disaster and Kalulu is a much better fullback than a center back. Mou just didn't line up correctly at all, despite having nearly all of his starting lineup available.

Awaiting the meltdown.

e: Actually this is Maignan erasure; he had at least 3 incredible saves, including one right before the Roma goal and a few on plays that would have been called offside anyway.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Gigi Galli posted:

Roma did us a lot of favors and they probably should have had a penalty at the end but that game should not have been that easy for Milan. That center back pairing was terrible; Gabbia is a disaster and Kalulu is a much better fullback than a center back. Mou just didn't line up correctly at all, despite having nearly all of his starting lineup available.

Awaiting the meltdown.

e: Actually this is Maignan erasure; he had at least 3 incredible saves, including one right before the Roma goal and a few on plays that would have been called offside anyway.

Maignan is really good. I did not expect him to be as good as he is but just an excellent signing I think.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

builds character posted:

Maignan is really good. I did not expect him to be as good as he is but just an excellent signing I think.

He's incredible; exactly what we needed after losing Gigio.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Tiny fist pump for my man Pignatone

https://twitter.com/bau_nickk/status/1480212078858174469?s=21

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Pooventus

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmao just turned this on

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmaaaaaaooooooo czez

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

ahem

Poorinho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That match owned, just hope Chiesa isn’t totally broken (he will be).