Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

That's an impressive feature list for a cheese.

I was surprised too. Germans eh.

E: Catte in kitchen asking for Raclette tax at 2am.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

OwlFancier posted:

That's an impressive feature list for a cheese.

The word meant the dish/method of eating cheese originally, the cheese got named after it for marketing purposes.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jippa posted:

I say jab. :blush: It's wrong?

yeah it’s actually jȸ

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/HackedOffHugh/status/1480111092743483393?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I cannot fathom what kind of evil spirit that starmer would deter.

Other than possibly just a blanket repulsuion of all spirits including those still inside bodies.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Er I welcome the arrival of the evil spirit, but would encourage it to go further

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
the objectively correct term is "jag", actually :scotland:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

It would deter any change whatsoever and then proclaim itself as the number one prosecutor, gently caress a flag and then look pained when everyone carried on while ignoring it. At which point it would profess it did exactly what it planned on and be replaced by a replica of itself with a slightly shitter haircut.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It drinks them before they can cross the threshold.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

ThomasPaine posted:

Oh yeah I'm being completely irrational but it still annoys me for some reason I can't quite place

I've been trying to wind people up by calling a negative LFT result "neggers"

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Be very careful saying this in public!

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Speaking of LFTs. Anyone found a good place to pay for them to be delivered. Need some more and i have a few hospital appts this coming week.

I got my code from the NHS website for free ones today and basically got laughed out of every pharmacy i tried. However it seems boots is £20 per test and fffffuck that.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Randy?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Can you follow up by calling positive results "Possy wossy"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

EvilHawk posted:

Can you follow up by calling positive results "Possy wossy"

Done and done

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Mebh posted:

Speaking of LFTs. Anyone found a good place to pay for them to be delivered. Need some more and i have a few hospital appts this coming week.

I got my code from the NHS website for free ones today and basically got laughed out of every pharmacy i tried. However it seems boots is £20 per test and fffffuck that.

I managed to order some online today.
(I think you still can because when I went to the page just now it didn't instantly tell me to bugger off.)

https://test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk/order-lateral-flow-kits/condition

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE
Surely a positive test would be poggers? Which would be exceptionally confusing & hilarious

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Mebh posted:

If you can easily (and safely!) get to Good London I've got a spare box you can have (and if it comes to it LBTH still have the little pop-up tents scattered around with people handing them out).

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

kyojin posted:

Surely a positive test would be poggers? Which would be exceptionally confusing & hilarious

Only if it's the kappa variant

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I managed to order some online today.
(I think you still can because when I went to the page just now it didn't instantly tell me to bugger off.)

https://test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk/order-lateral-flow-kits/condition

Still showing as out of stock for me sadly. Guess its a local thing.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

If you can easily (and safely!) get to Good London I've got a spare box you can have (and if it comes to it LBTH still have the little pop-up tents scattered around with people handing them out).

Appreciated! But I've got a few left. Just going to be out after this week and trying to keep a small stock in as o try to be careful since i look after my mum.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"jabs" meant tits when I was growing up (process still ongoing), one of the girls on my PhD program was referred to only as "[Her name] Big Jabs"by some of the bloke-ier nerds. so I still have a little mental chuckle when anyone says "double jabbed" or "afraid of jabs" or whatever :shrug:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Guavanaut posted:

Despite the fact that if you go for your Covid jorts
a new and sad turn for the Jorts saga

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Mebh posted:

Still showing as out of stock for me sadly. Guess its a local thing.

Appreciated! But I've got a few left. Just going to be out after this week and trying to keep a small stock in as o try to be careful since i look after my mum.

A you sure? I've just ordered a pack for my mum (as at 20:20) as someone she was with yesterday has tested positive today.
The site normally tells me to go away if there aren't any before I've even signed in so it doesn't 'know' I'm in Wales.
Maybe refresh the page if you're on a laptop?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jedit posted:

Sounds like Costco, which I have in the past described as the only place you can get a chainsaw, a trampoline and a birthday cake under the same roof.

Walmart will do you that plus a gun and a hockey mask.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 9, 2022

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Back on the djokovic Saga before things get sorted tomorrow. I see some changes of tide with people starting to side with him now upon learning the terrible sub human conditions they are keeping the multi millionaire tennis great in. It's unbelievable they would think it was acceptable to keep him in the standard immigration "hotels".

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/steamedhamms/status/1480157490117582853?s=21

All according to plan I’m sure

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It really wouldn't take a lot of money to basically own the labour party. But I guess, what's the point.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Noxville posted:

All according to plan I’m sure

Weird how the article mentions court cases related to :argh:Corbyn:argh: and not the 5 people represented by Carter-Ruck because forensic Starmer decided to accuse them of leaking that report.
Big lols if Labour goes bankrupt because they have to pay 5x Carter-Ruck costs.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

I ordered some covid tests today through the government site without a problem.

Having said that, if the rumour about having to pay for them soon becomes widespread then there will be a shortage in no time at all as everyone rushes to stock up.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

what is even inside them? Can I make my own out of like a parsnip and some glue?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

NotJustANumber99 posted:

what is even inside them? Can I make my own out of like a parsnip and some glue?

Cotton swabs, test liquid, little plastic vial things, and the cartridge. You swab your nose, squeeze your germs into a couple drops of the liquid, and drop that onto the test cartridge. On the off-chance you've never actually had to do one.
If you can get a parsnip up your nose, god bless

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

we do not kink shame here

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol I meant inside the test cartridge. I'm going to dismantle one, i bet its playdoh

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

The bit that says C apparently has gold in it and C just stands for Control to see that the test has actually worked.
I don't think this article mentions the gold (and I can't remember where I read that) but I only skimmed it.

https://www.abingdonhealth.com/serv...bsorbent%20pad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z07CK-4JoFo

This vid mentions the gold if you read the words.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 9, 2022

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

The bit that says C apparently has gold in it and C just stands for Control to see that the test has actually worked.
I don't think this article mentions the gold (and I can't remember where I read that) but I only skimmed it.

https://www.abingdonhealth.com/serv...bsorbent%20pad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z07CK-4JoFo

This vid mentions the gold if you read the words.

Brb gonna root through some NHS hazard bins for gold.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Clarence posted:

Having said that, if the rumour about having to pay for them soon becomes widespread then there will be a shortage in no time at all as everyone rushes to stock up.

Surely this is already the case and has been for some time

Availability, I guess, is also worse because of the holiday season, and because people are scared of omicron (with good reason)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah, we get a box of 56 every third day or so and it's gone within the hour, even limiting pickup to one pack per customer. And then we spend all day answering the phone saying over and over 'no we don't have any tests, no we don't know where you can get them'.

And then I have to log onto the NHS's 'manage your service' website and enter every single collection individually, all 56 of them, with a dropdown field for 'anonymous? yes/no' and a space to enter the lot number of each test given out. When we were using codes, we had to manually type in the codes, too. Amazing. Thank goodness I don't have anything better to be doing in my completely overwhelmed pharmacy!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The little plastic ampoules of fluid seem to be evaporating out of mine, which is a bit annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

stev posted:

Brb gonna root through some NHS hazard bins for gold.

You're much better off mining the roads for platinum. Thanks to catalytic converters the tarmac on a busy road now has more platinum in it than the actual ore they extract platinum from. It's only because tarmac is so easily recyclable (to the point that "resurfacing" uses like 99% recycled materials, often the ones they dig up to resurface) that nobody's actually paying to take it away and extract the platinum from it

(Please note before you head off with a pickaxe - the yield is about a milligram per ton of material so you'll get about £20 per 30 square metres of tarmac)