Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lazio have no business drawing this, but hell I believe they will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
legitimately thought sanchez had retired

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i re-read the op and lol "Vincenzo Italiano" sounds like a j.k. rowling name

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
are they still going to knock down the san siro?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Eau de MacGowan posted:

are they still going to knock down the san siro?

that's the current plan (again), who knows though

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
they’re building a “glass cathedrale” which will end up looking nothing like this

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Maybe Max should play De Sciglio as a striker from now on

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

paddyboat posted:

they’re building a “glass cathedrale” which will end up looking nothing like this

drat all they need is the artificial clouds and its straight out of the qatar world cup bid

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
They’ve been talking about a new stadium for the Milan sides for close to 30 years at this point. I’ll believe it when I’m standing in it.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

sounds like its business as usual for mou in italy?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Chiesa has hosed his ACL.

gently caress

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
That Roma-Juve game was ridiculous. I don’t know if it was Juve actually showing some fire, bringing on Arthur to free up Locatelli to push forward a bit and make some runs or de Sciglio finishing llke Lukaku but it would be nice to see more of that.

In Juve’s defense, the Pellegrini goal was also ridiculous and the deflection on Mhkitaryan’s goal made it almost impossible to deal with but Bentancur was out of position on the first goal by Abraham.

paddyboat posted:

They will need so much windex.

Gigi Galli posted:

Chiesa has hosed his ACL.

gently caress

Don’t worry, the absolute top-notch team at J-Medical will provide the same outstanding level of care that they have in other “bad injury but don’t worry j medical is totally accredited and will fix it quickly and everything will be fine” cases like Aaron Ramsey, Dybala and Arthur.

E: Juventus has 32 goals on the season. 3 were scored in 7 minutes against Roma. Juventus has scored 9.4% of their total goals in that seven minute period. You have to go to Bologna in 11th but with two games in hand to find a team that has scored fewer goals.

builds character fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jan 10, 2022

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

builds character posted:

Don’t worry, the absolute top-notch team at J-Medical will provide the same outstanding level of care that they have in other “bad injury but don’t worry j medical is totally accredited and will fix it quickly and everything will be fine” cases like Aaron Ramsey, Dybala and Arthur.

Ah, the Milan Lab style of medicine.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

nawilo_420 posted:

sounds like its business as usual for mou in italy?

sounds about right yeah

https://twitter.com/IFTVofficial/status/1480548942953734148

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gotta give Mou credit. No one dogs their own team like he does. Best in the world.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Gotta give Mou credit. No one dogs their own team like he does. Best in the world.

https://twitter.com/larssivertsen/status/1480665928656429062?s=21

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I wonder if Sheva will still lose the Genoa job since they took it extra time. Im guessing yes.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/sscnapoli/status/1482830201369337856?s=21 (it was a 0-0 draw)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This is obviously some kind of a passive aggressive insult but I cant figure out what it's about

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I took it as a thank you for dropping points or something like that.

It's gonna be funnier tomorrow when they Napolol and don't take advantage of it anyway

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Samp have fired D’Aversa and replaced him with

That brings us up to 7 manager changes, 2 of which are Genoa’s.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
"We comfort ourselves with legality, sporting loyalty, economic sustainability and never raising our voices even after having suffered sensational thefts on the pitch."

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

This was compared to the Muntari goal vs Juve but I don’t think it’s that bad since this didn’t give points to a another title contender (directly anyway). Also I guess we also have to see how the rest of the season plays out. We shouldn’t be playing a one goal margin against Spezia at home in extra time to begin with.

Incredibly bad call though, certainly up there with the Muntari one on a technical level.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mancini is going to call up Balotelli supposedly :bisonyes:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
is balotelli tearing up serie b, are italy just out of strikers, or is this just mancini’s inexplicable belief in balotelli kicking into gear again

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

inter v venezia has 7 yellow cards so far :eyepop:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Eau de MacGowan posted:

is balotelli tearing up serie b, are italy just out of strikers, or is this just mancini’s inexplicable belief in balotelli kicking into gear again

he's doing pretty well in Turkey, but yes to the other points

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Teeth posted:

inter v venezia has 7 yellow cards so far :eyepop:

Dzeko should’ve been off for that elbow as well tbh. Lucky the ref didn’t spot it.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I think Mancini finally realized that Immobile is poo poo for the national team and Belotti will probably never play for Italy again because he’s been out for so long and also is not very good any more.

The other choices are Scamacca and Raspadori from Sassuolo, who I imagine will be in the training group at least.

The story is really that Italy doesn’t have a good number 9 and Balotelli is probably worth a shot now that he’s playing consistently and scoring again.

E: I would’ve put Destro in the maybe column but he missed at least two sitters this morning.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Worst Milan - Juve I’ve seen in years. Two bad teams.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Worst Milan - Juve I’ve seen in years. Two bad teams.

didn't see it because i refuse to pay for paramount +

did mckennie look ok?

i'd feel bad about doing nothing but asking that question in here, but it gets like 5 posts per month, so...

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Doctor Teeth posted:

didn't see it because i refuse to pay for paramount +

did mckennie look ok?

i'd feel bad about doing nothing but asking that question in here, but it gets like 5 posts per month, so...

McKennie was ok, didn't really create much in attack, Juve are actually pretty reliant on him for that recently. Juve's MOTM was probably Bentancur because he had like 4 recoveries while tracking back, and that was really the only notable thing a Juve player did today.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Derby dello Bidone

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Dzeko should’ve been off for that elbow as well tbh. Lucky the ref didn’t spot it.

If only there was some sort of assistant referee system that used video for these sort of situations...

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

If only there was some sort of assistant referee system that used video for these sort of situations...

Ah but you see they couldn't use it because the action didn't lead to a goal

real rule

nice fuckin rules we have here

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

They can use it for possible red cards though, but I'm sure there's some rules lawyering for that as well

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

They can use it for possible red cards though, but I'm sure there's some rules lawyering for that as well

Ah yes, that was definitely a clear and obvious red card

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

GreatestLurker posted:

Ah yes, that was definitely a clear and obvious red card

Juve fan so take it fwiw. I wouldn't have thought it unfair if it'd been a red card. But I also don't have a huge problem with it not being reviewed and a red card given.

Unrelated, vlahovic to juve somehow. Where is this money coming from? Or, maybe more accurately, where is the money to cover all the losses + this money coming from? :iiam:

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
They're counting on him pushing them to CL, which would earn them roughly the same amount.
And they probably made a deal to pay through installments over a couple of years.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Super League cash is going to fix all of Juve's woes, don't you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Doctor Malaver posted:

They're counting on him pushing them to CL, which would earn them roughly the same amount.
And they probably made a deal to pay through installments over a couple of years.

Two points here (keeping in mind that, you know, they actually did it so wtf do I know): 1. I think they're probably already going to make CL and at any rate are counting on that anyway and 2. I think it's easy to get cashflow and accounting mixed up. For cashflow purposes it's good to pay installments. For financial fair play (and accounting) they still take the full hit up front. Along with all their COVID related losses. Which is really the issue - it's all well and good to say "oh, but Ronaldo's salary" but, like, they were already losing tons of money that Ronaldo's now-absent salary wasn't making up for. And they're adding Vlahovic on top? Ehhhh.

trem_two posted:

Super League cash is going to fix all of Juve's woes, don't you know

Italian teams* need something to compete with the EPL. Otherwise you're going to eventually see them turned into farm clubs like Ajax. The EPL just has so much money. Serie A can't compete with that. Super league had some issues for sure but in terms of being able to compete long term I don't see how Italy does it without something like that. Or getting a ton more money out of their own TV deal which didn't happen. They're in a very bad spot long term and need to do something about it.

*Juventus, Milan, Inter.