Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

and yet, number will rise

Tesla is well on their way to becoming one of the mass-market manufacturers, the stupid Cybertruck doesn't really matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

THS2 posted:

i want to hit under $19k for the car. so probably hyundai or kia's subcompacts. but apparently now is a bad time to buy a car?? i think i have to keep driving my fiesta. both the doorhandles have fallen off

if I were you I would get a Corolla hybrid but it is over 19k by a little.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Tesla Cybertruck Is Delayed Again, This Time Indefinitely

• Tesla has removed the potential release date from the Cybertruck’s order page.
  • Production was slated to start at the end of this year.
  • Tesla hasn't given a new date for the Cybertruck's release.

I am shocked this happened.

that metal turd will never be pinched off by tesla's anus

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

• Tesla has removed the potential release date from the Cybertruck’s order page.

Hey big E,

When you read this later, gimme the keys to your companies and go retire, I’m already doing it better than you.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This Tesla owner says he mines up to $800 a month in cryptocurrency with his car

There's a lot to unpack here but one of the last lines sums it up best:

lol that they interview another guy who did it and gave up saying that it was loving stupid and a waste of time.

You're telling me this guy:

might be an idiot?

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'

The Wisest Moron posted:

You're telling me this guy:

might be an idiot?

Jfc he couldn't shell out for a better drill?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lmao @ the Apple and Tesla owner confluence

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Airconswitch posted:

Dewalt or nothing binch

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

loll

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Airconswitch posted:

I won one of those with 2 batteries and a charger by guessing how many washers were in a jar at the local Home Depot, and for 99% of what I use a drill for (especially after moving from a house to an apartment), I grab it rather than my corded Dewalt.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

it wasn’t even the blind spot test it was head on hahahahhahahahahahahah

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

oh my god the replies to that tweet lmao

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ahhh the wireless revolution

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Three Olives posted:

*settles down in the den after dinner on the weekend, just poured drinks*
Should we watch that movie?
Which one?
That one with that guy and that thing?
Oh, that one! Yes!
"Hey Google, Movie Mode."
"OK, turning 10 lights off"
*everything but the ambient lighting in the house turns off*

Yeah, it's worth it.

Sorry but this is just lazy. Why aren't you turning off lights as you leave the previous 9 rooms anyway? EVs can't save us from people like you.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

God that truck was ugly

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Hyperloop is expanding fast!

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

infernal machines posted:

wow, what an unlikely outcome. probably no one could have foreseen this

I know, right? Don't worry, I'm sure the dancing robot and the brain-interface are just right around the corner. Good thing Elon Musk is a genius and not a guy who boosts his stock price by promising miracles to man-children that quietly becomes vaporware while he runs away with a briefcase full of money.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

The robot is real and he is my friend.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

If you're not using Milwaukee power tools then gently caress you

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'm the musk robot he bought me an account

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tesla makes the safest cars in the world because of FSD

Also,

https://twitter.com/DavidZipper/status/1480218411162550273

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Wisest Moron posted:

Dewalt or nothing binch

They are the same company.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tom Guycot posted:

The robot is real and he is my friend.

it was on snl 2 days ago

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hillary 2024 posted:

I think everyone remembers the failure of Google Glass

I kind of wonder how people can still keep having these "crazy tech is around the corner" ideas given how relatively little has happened in the last...quite a few years, hard to say exactly. Like if you lived through the last several decades, it should be extremely obvious that the functional improvements are increasingly marginal. You could take someone from like 8+ years ago and it's likely that nothing in consumer electronics today would make them go "drat that's awesome."

It's not that progress isn't still being made, but there are diminishing returns in terms of what normal people can benefit from in their day to day lives. We already have phone/TV screens at resolutions where the improvements aren't that noticeable anymore, and something like "VR at life-like resolution" isn't even remotely close and would require a lot of graphical computing power that isn't even remotely on the horizon (since you'd need to effectively be running an extremely high resolution display at 120+hz).

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
It came from LinkedIn:

I don’t know if it’s a real tweet but goddamn are he and his sycophants broken brained.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

"VR at life-like resolution" isn't even remotely close

I also think people (except for a few hardcore enthusiasts) in general simply aren't interested in any kind of VR experience. It's an unappealing product.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Fame Douglas posted:

I also think people (except for a few hardcore enthusiasts) in general simply aren't interested in any kind of VR experience. It's an unappealing product.

In the '80s William Gibson and other authors speculated about virtual reality and luxury consumer cybernetics. Turns out in reality 2D screens are fine for most purposes and nobody wants electrical devices inserted under their skin unless it is a medical necessity

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
VR is pretty great, op

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fame Douglas posted:

I think it's more that the tech to make it appealing isn't even remotely on the horizon. You'd need dramatically more realism in the visuals + a light and non-bulky headset, but those things would require tech that doesn't exist and won't exist for an indefinite amount of time.

(I actually personally think VR is kind of cool, but only as a "kind of fun thing to do"; I think the only VR thing I've tried that has had "staying power" as anything other than a neat gimmick has been VR for flight sims.)

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think most people would be interested in VR without a bulky headset, either. It's just too isolating an experience. I love gaming, but I do it on a dual screen system where I have something else going on as well. And most people like being able to pick up their phone in cutscenes to send off a text. Or being able to see other people in their household, or even just their drinks. Maybe people simply don't want to block out their surroundings with a video game.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i want the matrix pod and i want it NOW

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

upsidedown posted:

It came from LinkedIn:

I don’t know if it’s a real tweet but goddamn are he and his sycophants broken brained.

Up there with tipping your landlord for broke brained bootlicking bullshit.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

LinkedIn grindset posting is low-key some of the most diseased poo poo out there

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Shugojin posted:

LinkedIn grindset posting is low-key some of the most diseased poo poo out there

I talked with this real estate agent a few years ago and he was going on about his position methods. Every day he would make three Facebook posts. 1.)about his family 2) about his church 3) about his listings. He had this full grind just to sling poo poo box houses

sicko

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

tokin opposition posted:

i want the matrix pod and i want it NOW

I want my warm goopy bed.

I think it’s pretty telling that the greatest minds in tech are steering VR toward shopping and team meeting apps.

noble work building the future: sitting at home, ordering consumer goods in VR and meeting with my friends to talk about meeting up and spending money online (in VR!!).

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you have to live in the matrix, but everything looks like roblox and you're very keenly aware that you have a headset strapped around your eyes and tubes in every orifice

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

• Tesla has removed the potential release date from the Cybertrucks order page.

someone should show musk a train and see how he reacts

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Sir Tonk posted:

someone should show musk a train and see how he reacts

We already know he thinks metro is full of serial killers, why would he thinks something else about trains

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Fame Douglas posted:

They are the same company.

And yet one of their brands typically are of a higher quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I was at a friend's house for NYE and their kid was playing some VR job simulator where you're in some office and you make coffee and poo poo and I WANTED TO SCREAM