Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what's to stop you from just accepting money on Venmo and the like and just having them not pick the business/commercial option

then you’re the one at fault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Sharkie posted:

god drat the democrats. gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you.

yup

hurting the poor isn't authoritarianism as long as it doesn't happen in china

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Palladium posted:

hurting the poor isn't authoritarianism as long as it doesn't happen in china

If the peons aren't complaining you're not doing it right. Sorry, that's the rules.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dreddout posted:

Plenty of people on this very subforum were making this argument in tyool 2016

Some of them were saying that about 2020 too

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what's to stop you from just accepting money on Venmo and the like and just having them not pick the business/commercial option

because then if the other side flakes you’re sol business gives refund options

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Is it only transactions not flagged as gifts or is it all transactions because if it's all transactions then you can 100% expect the IRS to start auditing people specifically in the hopes of catching them lying about what's a gift or not.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
https://twitter.com/mcs212/status/1480277487078846473

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe Democrats in the Senate should VOTE! like the future of democracy depends on it

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe the democrats can go gently caress themselves into oblivion

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

maybe the democrats can go gently caress themselves into oblivion

You're really not coping well with the fact the Republicans are in disarray.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fame Douglas posted:

You're really not coping well with the fact the Republicans are in disarray.

Funny, they seem to be getting everything they want despite being in the minority why do you suppose that is?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Funny, they seem to be getting everything they want despite being in the minority why do you suppose that is?

Remember when they managed to pass that Obamacare repeal? Yeah, I don't, either.

Just because the Democrats are a mess doesn't mean the Republicans aren't, either.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fame Douglas posted:

Remember when they managed to pass that Obamacare repeal? Yeah, I don't, either.

Just because the Democrats are a mess doesn't mean the Republicans aren't, either.

Oh you mean the law that gives a shitload of money to insurance companies for the privilege of denying claims? No kidding. I would like you to elaborate on how a republican-created plan to give tax dollars to CEOs first pitched by Republicans when Clinton was thinking about UHC would be repealed by Republicans because this is something I would legit like to see charted out.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The republicans repealing Obamacare is about like the Democrats doing... Well, pretty much fuckin anything that doesn't involve being balls-deep in a 14yr old girl in international waters.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the republicans were one vote away from repealing obamacare but john mccain got brain damage and as a result they lost the vote 49-51 lmao

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hell, McCain knew he was terminal -- he decided he'd be the rotating villain one last time as opposed to just being a regular villain his entire loving life.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

remember when Obama threw Republicans into the briar patch despite their repeated their repeated cries of "please dont throw me into that briar patch mr president"

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Oh you mean the law that gives a shitload of money to insurance companies for the privilege of denying claims? No kidding. I would like you to elaborate on how a republican-created plan to give tax dollars to CEOs first pitched by Republicans when Clinton was thinking about UHC would be repealed by Republicans because this is something I would legit like to see charted out.

Yeah the "failure" to repeal Obamacare is a prime example of the republican party's ability to pander without endangering the grift. The whole point is to "fail" to repeal it.

One would note that they did remove the penalty for not carrying insurance which is unambiguously good. I'm not sure exactly what conservatives meant when they used to harp on the ACA because if it's not the penalty for being uninsured, what's left? I just chalked it up to the fact that conservatives in general lack any nuanced understanding of anything and never examined it any further.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
A lot of young conservatives I knew were mad that the "high deductible" plans they'd been paying for and telling everyone they should get were no longer legally health insurance. I guess without the penalty that doesn't matter so much but I dno't think I've seen those plans recover.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
young conservatives spending 20% of their monthly income on health insurance

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

LastInLine posted:

Yeah the "failure" to repeal Obamacare is a prime example of the republican party's ability to pander without endangering the grift. The whole point is to "fail" to repeal it.

One would note that they did remove the penalty for not carrying insurance which is unambiguously good. I'm not sure exactly what conservatives meant when they used to harp on the ACA because if it's not the penalty for being uninsured, what's left? I just chalked it up to the fact that conservatives in general lack any nuanced understanding of anything and never examined it any further.

Some of the changes in the ACA were actually positive, at least when viewed within the umbrella of the US's criminally bad healthcare system, like letting young people stay on their parents' health insurance plans and not letting health insurers deny coverage to people for having preexisting conditions, or expanding Medicaid. Those are the most popular parts of the ACA, and therefore also the parts that lobbyists want repealed. They love the fact that the ACA gave them a bunch of new customers and did nothing to control skyrocketing premiums, but they would also love it if the parts of it that cut into the edges of their enormous profit margins were repealed.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, thank God they just let the CEOs have everything else they wanted except for one or two points and a bill that Democrats have no intention of fixing.

makes all those dead cancer patients sleep easier in their graves, I'm sure, to know that they were only marginally too poor to live

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

but the almost nothing that the ACA accomplished plays really well with the dem base: dipshit middle class npr totebags with pre-existing conditions.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Again, the Dems bullshit would be hilarious if they didn't have literal fuckin blood on their hands.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/binchcity/statu...ingawful.com%2F

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
even bernie sanders has now been forced to acknowledge that the democrats fuckin suck

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/grace_panetta/s...ingawful.com%2F

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

vote

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

BREAKING: OH I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS HOW COULD ETC

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
you guys just need to stop posting VOTE! and JUST VOTE

oh wait that doesn't matter either

https://twitter.com/dbessner/status...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/_TwinklePants/s...ingawful.com%2F

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

No thx

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
just remembered that Biden and the democrats haven't even bothered to get rid of the Space Force, easily among the dumbest things Trump ever did

have the dems rolled back *any* republican policies in the past thirty years

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmao

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1480645417369014279?t=FzqHdHZPH6c_0HiPAwKsNw&s=19

the democrats want to lose. they hate being in government. biden longs for death

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

how do I get my health insurance to pay for a rapid. serious question I guess I would do that

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

DoubleDonut posted:

just remembered that Biden and the democrats haven't even bothered to get rid of the Space Force, easily among the dumbest things Trump ever did

Hell, the China trade tariffs are still in effect despite the whole supply chain thing. :chaostrump:

But the next election is thee most important you guys. Literally the end of our democracy if you don't.

So will you do anything?

Lol no you just have to keep voting us in just to kinda stay in the same place. Progressive!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

In Training posted:

how do I get my health insurance to pay for a rapid. serious question I guess I would do that

:laffo:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just like call the number on my card and send them a pic of my cvs receipt???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

all the Democrats voted against the Trump tax cuts but now that they're actually in a position to repeal them, which could definitely be done through reconciliation since that's how they were passed in the first place, whoops not interested!