Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
UKMT January 2022 - Welcome to the World of Survival Horror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
lol dont get offended twisto but you are basically the god of bloke down the pub knowledge

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

And lol as a Londoner you literally one upped the whole dick Whittington thing and said the roads are paved with platinum.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Mebh posted:

Speaking of LFTs. Anyone found a good place to pay for them to be delivered. Need some more and i have a few hospital appts this coming week.

I got my code from the NHS website for free ones today and basically got laughed out of every pharmacy i tried. However it seems boots is £20 per test and fffffuck that.

Know anyone that works in a school? We get big boxes of them sent and there are always spares going.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

The little plastic ampoules of fluid seem to be evaporating out of mine, which is a bit annoying.

Yeah I noticed the last few I took had a lot less in them - to the extent that the control line only just about showed up.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

stev posted:

Yeah I noticed the last few I took had a lot less in them - to the extent that the control line only just about showed up.

You could add a couple of drops of saline to the ampoule if needed

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

or diet coke

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

If you want s positive test, sure

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol dont get offended twisto but you are basically the god of bloke down the pub knowledge

you own a tesla

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

you own a tesla

blokes down the pub tend not to?

although the model 3 is the second best selling car in the uk this year so maybe they will from now on.

but what point are you making?

also I apologise to everyone who is sick of tesla stuff, I am. but a lot you guys love bringing it up.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

blokes down the pub tend not to?

although the model 3 is the second best selling car in the uk this year so maybe they will from now on.

but what point are you making?

also I apologise to everyone who is sick of tesla stuff, I am. but a lot you guys love bringing it up.

Have you considered getting a more respectable and UKMT-appropriate motor, like an Invacar, Robin Reliant, Toyota Hilux, something like that?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Austin Ambassador (Y reg)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Have you considered getting a more respectable and UKMT-appropriate motor, like an Invacar, Robin Reliant, Toyota Hilux, something like that?

My family's cleaner's as I grew up had a robin reliant, lovely old gal. Not bad car either.

Never really fancied a hilux, from my time living in the states I didnt understand why our pickups were so puny by comparison. But yeah now our pickups are a bit bigger it doesnt really suit.

Still got my cyber truck deposit down

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lmao. Your never getting that truck. But even if you do it will still be funny, so I can't lose!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Why on earth would I be offended by that? It's been my entire schtick since my teens.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lmao. Your never getting that truck. But even if you do it will still be funny, so I can't lose!

Its a silly brag, its a hundred quid

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 10, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That's 10 months subscription to Wrestle Universe you've wasted

Actually worse, it's 11 months. Shameful

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think of this every time I hear about musk

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

That's 10 months subscription to Wrestle Universe you've wasted

Actually worse, it's 11 months. Shameful

lol its refundable

I might submit a request that the ukmt hardship fund buy the top ten posters in this thread a cybertruck reservation to give them something to look forward to

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 10, 2022

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Convex posted:

UKMT January 2022 - Welcome to the World of Survival Horror

Speaking of, I've finally got round to getting Red Dead Redemption 2 (I absolutely refuse to pay >£30 for a video game and I realise how ridiculous a position that is). It's been exactly the escape from the 21st century and all it's... stuff that I was looking for, sometimes I was just going for long rides on my horse to drink in the scenery.

Then out of nowhere (spoilers because even though it's a two year old game I'm willing to bet quite a lot of people will have picked it up in the Steam Sale over Christmas) I start coughing then suddenly collapse, spitting up blood, in the middle of the street, to get told that I'm gonna die of a highly infectious respiratory illness. RDR2 came out in November 2019 and frankly I'm beginning to think this whole covid thing might have been guerilla marketing that's got completely out of hand..

(Also am I being a bad trans ally because I called my horse My Lovely Horse? It asked me to name the horse and what the gently caress do I know about naming horses? I was 15 before I saw a horse that didn't have a copper on the back of it. Anyway that was the only name that came to mind and now I'm actually quite attached to it.)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

no thats part of it, soldier on

Its the best game. I had an entire relationship pretty much in lockdown where my partner did the whole game and i watched because i'm loving rubbish at computer games, each dead horse got iteratively named for me. it carries on beyond death. unlike our relationship where she left me.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

In RDR1 I called my horse Steve and then discovered that my (now) friend Steve, entirely independent of this, had given his horse my name despite not knowing me that well at the time.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

are we quarrelling lovers?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Tony_Diver/status/1480231691214016518

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

:getin:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Believe it when it happens. Man loves this imaginary idea of the Labour Party that has never existed. Even in the Attlee years.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol are we post corbyn?

where even corbyn setting up a party is somehow bad? But also the alternative tainted wtf?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I mean it's a good reason for starting a new party.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

sorry lol forgot youre scottish

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

My family's cleaner's as I grew up had a robin reliant, lovely old gal. Not bad car either.

Never really fancied a hilux, from my time living in the states I didnt understand why our pickups were so puny by comparison. But yeah now our pickups are a bit bigger it doesnt really suit.

Have you considered that hilux will beat any other vehicle on the road since it can mount a .50 around the back.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol are we post corbyn?

where even corbyn setting up a party is somehow bad? But also the alternative tainted wtf?

It's not that he's bad really so much as he's unbelievably naïve, which is a shame trait for a politician. And him setting up a party isn't bad, it's very good, I just won't believe it until it happens because he's a "true believer". Even though what he believes in is a fantasy version of Labour that never has & never could exist.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I'd love for a national political project I can believe in again. I know it'd likely go the way of TIG at worst and at best would stick a dagger into the limping corpse of Labour, but gently caress it. I just want a little bit of hope.

Also to see things burn a bit.

Not a lot.

But a bit...

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Z the IVth posted:

Have you considered that hilux will beat any other vehicle on the road since it can mount a .50 around the back.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
My apartment flooded and my neighbours were so sweet and helpful, turning on my dehumidifiers and opening/closing windows when I had to temporarily move back into my parents' house. What do you think would be an appropriate gift here? A bottle of wine? My other neighbours suggested a gift card but I feel like that makes the help feel more like a transaction and robs it of some sentiment.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Surprise T Rex posted:

For me it's more the sheer terror of trying to bag my stuff up faster than the checkout person is scanning it. It's a stressful game I never win.

You're meant to put them back in your trolley and then bag the stuff up at the shelf after the tills!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Ravel posted:

My apartment flooded and my neighbours were so sweet and helpful, turning on my dehumidifiers and opening/closing windows when I had to temporarily move back into my parents' house. What do you think would be an appropriate gift here? A bottle of wine? My other neighbours suggested a gift card but I feel like that makes the help feel more like a transaction and robs it of some sentiment.

Lush gift set :)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

forkboy84 posted:

Believe it when it happens. Man loves this imaginary idea of the Labour Party that has never existed. Even in the Attlee years.

he hasn't exactly sat on his arse doing nothing about trying to turn the actual labour party into something better imo

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Why on earth would I be offended by that? It's been my entire schtick since my teens.

If you're the guy I used to work with at dircon years ago then yes it is your schtick, and yes it's great and memorable. If this is doxxing or I am just misremembering then please reply quickly so I can edit away my embarassment.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Ravel posted:

If you know they drink a nice bottle of wine's a good shout!

Think a giftcard is fine if it's attached to a nice card with you saying thanks :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Mebh posted:

I still have a Raclette I bought in LIDL 8 years ago in germany that i have never even plugged in but have taken it through 4 countries...its got a heating coil, some super hefy cooking plates and 8 little non stick pans for melting raclette and or nibblies in that go under the heating element like a grill.

One day... One day i will host a dinner party with lots of little cheesy nibblies and things and it will be the pride of the table. At which point I'll plug it in and it'll either burn the house down or be so laughably ineffective it won't even melt the cheese.

I don't even own a table to have a dinner party on because lol. People visiting.

I now want to go browse the aisle of wonder =(

If this is the one that has a heavy stone on one half and a metal plate on the other (and coloured buttons on each of the little pans) then I've been using the same for about 7 years now and it's absolutely amazing. (Bought in LIDL in France)