Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

white castle rules. its cheaper than most fast food places and its the best drunk/high food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Aces High posted:

considering how many betrayals and messes Hank has to clean up after for Buck, I doubt he would vote for someone like Trump, or even give him the time of day, really. He may still work for Buck but that's because Hank believes in propane and is a company man through and through. The real question I think then is would he vote for Hillary? I could absolutely see him voting for Biden

He loves that poo poo tho. lmao He's bootlicker supreme.

e;

800peepee51doodoo posted:

Bush had a limp, dead fish handshake. Trump has a manly, powerful handshake. Hank would appreciate that

No joke, that was his only gripe with Bush. He would not give a gently caress about any of Trump's qualities outside of something as irrelevant as that, they'd even bond over being from New York prolly. After the whole crisis about being born in the Yankee stadium mens room.

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 03:44 on Jan 10, 2022

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
iirc it's left unclear at the end of the episode whether he voted for Bush. I believe it ends with Luanne saying not to tell who he voted for or it wouldn't come true. Given that his only issue with Bush was the handshake, he probably ended up voting for him.

Hank would be a never trump republican

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It does go back in forth in series a little for how much Hank is blindly loyal without questioning his flaws, to openly recognizing Buck is a mess and is the main reason things don't get back at Strickland Propane.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I just do not see Hank voting for anybody from New York. Ever. If he did it would go like this except instead of "phone sex" it'd be "voted for someone from New York"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGGm7kUZoaU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There’s just the right hint of menace in the scene in the pilot where they’re talking about Seinfeld in the pilot and Dale says “New York boys” and nothing else.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BrainDance posted:

I just do not see Hank voting for anybody from New York. Ever. If he did it would go like this except instead of "phone sex" it'd be "voted for someone from New York"

There was a whole crisis when he learned about being born in NY. It ended with him breaking into the Alamo and seeing the idiots who died there were from all over, including New York. So being a Texan is not about being born in the state but fighting and dying for the white supremacist society that identifies with that label.

Bush was born in Connecticut, no one cares tho because reasons. get it?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Let's not forget Trump and Hank's opinions on well-done steak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amKyA2PrSu4

Still, I think more of the nice Texan TV buddies would vote for Trump than we'd like.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

thetoughestbean posted:

Speaking of things that aged poorly, how did Judge’s cartoon after King of the Hill fair? The Goode Family, I think it was called

it aged poorly the moment it aired, if you thought late-season King of the Hill sucked because of strawman-of-the-week plots then don't even bother with The Goode Family. The titular family basically IS one of those strawmen but now they're the focal point of an entire show. Yet it still isn't as horrible as Allen Gregory

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

BrainDance posted:

But see, he's not really from New York, he's from Queens!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I dont understand Boroughs of New York City, but that sounds like a subset of New York City.

But Hank is a NYCer so what the gently caress do I know.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

PhazonLink posted:

I dont understand Boroughs of New York City, but that sounds like a subset of New York City.

1) No, not really. Unless you are talking about LIC where the girls are so pretty or Astoria where you get infections that end in vowels.

2) It's not really about that though. It's about Trump folks making insane post-hoc justifications. You may think that sort of real-time retcon is more a Peggy thing but Hank loves Peggy so he is absolutely fluent in that mental game.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm just remembering when someone in the 2016 Republican primaries did the 'New York Values' thing and Trump went 'Oh, New York Values? Like 9/11? 9/11!'

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm just remembering when someone in the 2016 Republican primaries did the 'New York Values' thing and Trump went 'Oh, New York Values? Like 9/11? 9/11!'

Primary Trump was easily my favorite Trump

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Speaking of things that aged poorly, how did Judge’s cartoon after King of the Hill fair? The Goode Family, I think it was called

It completely missed that hank was a likable twit and instead decided to just be about miserable assholes

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

christmas boots posted:

Primary Trump was easily my favorite Trump

Ewww, you have a favorite Trump

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PhazonLink posted:

in the late 1800s, modern NYC was assembled together from five counties or cities, and repackaged as one big megacity. the boroughs are:

manhattan - the island, where all the buildings are, central park, shitloads of people and money, basically central NYC and what most people think of when they think of NYC (lots of tall buildings and people)
brooklyn - just across the river, tons of hipsters and orthodox jews, used to be a suburb but is now a thing in its own right with a lot of business and artistic activity
the bronx - north NYC across the river, used to be super hosed up from deindustrial population decline, now thriving again, a big suburb
queens - eastern NYC, where the city turns into long island, the west part next to manhattan is all cityfied but head east and soon it turns into suburbs
staten island - south NYC, you have to take a boat to get here, more suburbs. considered to be the most republican part of new york

saying that hank hill is from queens is a compromise - he's not from the more froo froo elitist rich boy parts of NYC, he's (maybe) from the part which is more like a texan suburb, but if they really wanted to drive the joke home they'd say he's from staten island. arlen is supposed to correspond to the near suburbs of dallas, not a real west texas small town, so its not like hank isn't familiar with actual city life

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Wasn't Hank literally born in the ladies' room at Yankee Stadium?

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Asterite34 posted:

Wasn't Hank literally born in the ladies' room at Yankee Stadium?

Which is in the Bronx. Hank is canonically Puerto Rican.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Which is in the Bronx. Hank is canonically Puerto Rican.

sunday in the park with hank

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I've been watching Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman and one of the running sub-plots concerns Mary's neighbor, Loretta Haggers, who is an aspiring country music singer. One of her songs becomes a hit (purely by accident) and she gets a spot on The Dinah Shore Show (a popular daytime talk show of the time).

She goes on and is generally well-received (although the audience laughs at her country bumpkin ways). At one point she tells Dinah how well she's been treated by the show's producer. She notes that the man is Jewish (Dinah is cringing at this point) and says this, "I mean, I just couldn't believe his was the people that what killed our Lord, you know?"

Dinah is stunned into silence and the producer is screaming "CUT!". The screen goes black with a "technical difficulties" message while the announcer says, "The remarks made by Miss Shore's guest do not reflect the opinions of Miss Shore, her producers, this station or the United States of America. Please stand by."

Loretta tries to apologize by saying she didn't know any better and that was just the way she was brought up. She ends up losing her recording contract, concert appearances, and even a movie cameo.

I don't know how this went over in 1976.

Interestingly, this is almost word for word the same thing Family Guy would bet into trouble with in the episode "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein" in 2003. Makes me wonder if Seth was aware of this.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If he was, there would have been a scene where Peter goes, “hey Brian, this is like that one episode of Mary Hartman Mary Hartman” and they’d do a recreation of that scene with Peter as the singer. And then Brian would say, “wow, what an obscure reference.”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Somebody in their writers room probably was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey34EEuX8qk&t=134s

2:15 if the timestamp didn't work

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I want to hear Hank Hill's opinion on Spider-man

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Gaunab posted:

Ewww, you have a favorite Trump

If you don't, it means you love them all so much you can't decide, I'm afraid.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He was cool with Silver Surfer so I don't think he'd have many problems with spiderman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1FLRlVnHJQ

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Just remembered there was a quest in Fallout 3 where you get good Karma for assisting in a date-rape,

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I tell you thwip!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Just remembered there was a quest in Fallout 3 where you get good Karma for assisting in a date-rape,

Wait what

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Going off of memory, I think that was the quest where you meet a woman who is really into collecting Nuka-Cola stuff, and a guy asks you to find some rare piece of Nuka-Cola memorabilia for him so he can use it to deceive/'seduce' her under the false pretense that he's totally into her interests. So, skeevy from a deception perspective.

Although there might be another quest that I've forgotten about that is even skeevier.

EDIT: vvv Yup, there's one I've forgotten about that's even skeevier. Jesus, Fallout 3.

Paper Tiger has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Jan 11, 2022

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
There’s one in Rivet city where a woman has you get ant queen pheromones so she can seduce a guy away from the priesthood

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

christmas boots posted:

There’s one in Rivet city where a woman has you get ant queen pheromones so she can seduce a guy away from the priesthood

rivety cricket

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
They're probably talking about the quest where two virginal teenagers are in love but the boy is inducted into the priesthood of some religon and has to be celibate. A possible solution to the quest is to drug him with ant queen pheromones that make him become uncontrollably horny and have sex with her, forcing him to do the honorable thing and marry her instead.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Reminds me of the Mass Effect 2 quest where you can get paragon points by convincing a corporate rep to buy a slave on the uncontrolled capitalism planet.

FightingMongoose
Oct 19, 2006
If you think that's bad, I think there was one quest where you had to kill someone!!!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

somepartsareme posted:

iirc it's left unclear at the end of the episode whether he voted for Bush. I believe it ends with Luanne saying not to tell who he voted for or it wouldn't come true. Given that his only issue with Bush was the handshake, he probably ended up voting for him.

Hank would be a never trump republican

Yeah, Hank would see Trump as an effete new york/hollywood partyboy, but he'd loving jump at the chance to vote one of the "reasonable" ones

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hank had a crisis of faith when he shook W's hand during his 2000 campaign, and the guy was practically genetically engineered to be Hank's presidential candidate. I don't he'd even entertain the idea of Trump. He'd probably have stayed through with Dale's Christmas shopping in Mexico idea in 2016.

Biden would have won him over because he's Ronald Reagan in all but name.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Detective No. 27 posted:

Biden would have won him over because he's Ronald Reagan in all but name.

Yeah but he wouldn't feel good about it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I voted for..a Democrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
He respects that woman governor of texas and she was a dem. he just didnt like it when she dated Bill.