Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

Bucnasti posted:

Has anyone actually confirmed that? Because I have -0.5 Karma after killing Santa and I'm still getting keycards cash and everything else on my scavs.

https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Scavs#Scav_karma

The wiki is usually pretty accurate. I think they pull a lot data from game files.

If the karma range is -7.0 to 6.0 then I'm not sure how much of an effect going from say 1 to -0.5 is really going to have.

I know that the car extract cost was 25% higher when my karma dipped to < -1.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

https://escapefromtarkov.fandom.com/wiki/Scavs#Scav_karma

The wiki is usually pretty accurate. I think they pull a lot data from game files.

If the karma range is -7.0 to 6.0 then I'm not sure how much of an effect going from say 1 to -0.5 is really going to have.

I know that the car extract cost was 25% higher when my karma dipped to < -1.0

So that still reinforces what I was saying, if losing an entire point of karma doesn't have much of an impact on the few things that it does affect then sweating over losing .1 point for killing some rear end in a top hat pscav is pointless. Shoot the fucker in the face and move on.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

If you have 6+ Scav karma Bosses will also be chill with you when you're a Scav. I think you can also give them commands.

The water treatment plant on Lighthouse is a great place for weapon and hideout parts when your scav run is up--as long as the Rogues aren't Rogueing.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I think I just committed my first war crime

https://imgur.com/a/c9p7Taz

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 9, 2022

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

DrPop posted:

The water treatment plant on Lighthouse is a great place for weapon and hideout parts when your scav run is up--as long as the Rogues aren't Rogueing.

I've seen surprisingly little wrt people hitting the rogues when doing scav runs. most of the time I go past there and the rogues are still manning all the guns at the front, and pmcs are busy looting the resorts all round

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Yeah I've had one scav run where the water treatment was empty and my buddy and I made out like bandits, but every other time I think it's clear and turns out there's snipes at the far end of the area that pick me off while I"m trying to loot the guys on the towers.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Man I'd love if my scav raids didn't end with another idiot player scav shooting me every time. Enjoy the rep loss, dipshit.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

house of the dad posted:

Man I'd love if my scav raids didn't end with another idiot player scav shooting me every time. Enjoy the rep loss, dipshit.
He probably enjoys the FIR GPU more.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I just try to avoid pscavs. If they look like pscavs, especially if they try to shoot at me, they're dead. Haven't gotten killed by a pscav... yet. I'd rather take the karma hit than get wasted by someone shooting at me.

What I don't like is my stupid deaths at Old Gas. I cause a ruckus and then stick around. Some guy with a silencer comes to kill me. I should bail instantly or set up an ambush for the silencer guys.

Ambushes sometimes work. I was walking on a forest downhill, and heard some guy running towards me. I went prone and killed him while he was running uphill. There's nothing he could have done :D For whatever reason I seem to be able to spot enemies quite well now. Maybe it's because I put luma & adaptive sharpen to 50% and saturation to like 80 and color to 50, and added some filter which added blue tint to shadows. 15 brightness. Game visibility is overall really good now and I don't feel like I'm struggling anymore.

I now clearly die because I'm so stupid. I've went after my death to offline mode to check where the enemy most likely was, and saw just how exposed I've been where I died. Unbelievably stupid mistakes :D

---------

Anyways, how do you deal with deadlocks? Like you know some guy is somewhere and you wait and the guy waits. No one wants to make a move. How do you unfuck that without dying, just run away?

---------

Anyways anyways I realized I should just sell the poo poo I bring from raids, to traders. My inventory is full and I can't offload the stuff to flea market yet. I guess I can find out more stuff later when I need. I don't need to store everything indefinitely before even needing the stuff. Now I'm rich, I sold all the excess junk.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jan 10, 2022

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Scaving around water treatment is like some metal gear solid poo poo

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Ihmemies posted:

---------

Anyways anyways I realized I should just sell the poo poo I bring from raids, to traders. My inventory is full and I can't offload the stuff to flea market yet. I guess I can find out more stuff later when I need. I don't need to store everything indefinitely before even needing the stuff. Now I'm rich, I sold all the excess junk.

There are two trains of through there.
My buddy buys a bunch of Scav cases and saves everything. The problem here is all your value is tied up in junk.
I check each item on the wiki and if it's not something I will eventually need FIR for a quest, or something I will be using in the immediate future I sell it to the traders/flea. Once you have flea access you can buy anything you need later as prices tend to go down as the wipe progresses. There are a few exceptions though, items that you should hold on to and either save for the flea, or keep for yourself, things like Military Hoses, Cables, Graphics Cards etc.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

For single player mod guys: Are you doing anything to mess with AI difficulty? I've used Fin's AI tweaks before but it turns everything into turbo-death gods that 360 no scope your head-eyes from across the map instantly.

I'd like something to make things a bit tougher than baseline, but not instant death bad. But, I guess theres only so much you can do with tools available to use.

Also, that questmania mod is great. Making me shoot armored up PMCs with a rinky-dink Toz loaded with like, 3.5mm buckshot is mean. That poo poo is just a gentle breeze to scavs let alone anything with armor.

Edit: Bot difficulty - What is the difference between As Online, hard, impossible, etc

Wrr fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 10, 2022

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Just ran into my first cheater of the wipe. Surprised it took this long

https://streamable.com/wb61n2

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

DrPop posted:

Just ran into my first cheater of the wipe. Surprised it took this long

https://streamable.com/wb61n2

This looks more like the game being wonky than a hacker. There is a good example floating around where some one killed landmark from gas station office. Landmarks view was him being shot twice with no bullet sounds but the killers POV shows him just casually two tapping him through the window.

https://reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/rxxaqa/killing_lvndmark_and_getting_called_hacker/

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
“Was that bad game/net code or a cheater?” Is the classic tarkov experience.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

The amount of Tarkov Things that would have to happen in order for that not to be a cheater would be equivalent to all 9 planets aligning. It was almost certainly a cheater, especially given what the guy talking to me said right before that.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

DrPop posted:

The amount of Tarkov Things that would have to happen in order for that not to be a cheater would be equivalent to all 9 planets aligning. It was almost certainly a cheater, especially given what the guy talking to me said right before that.

Just a little desync could have cause that audio issue. You get hit, then a bullet sound, then you get hit again and die followed by more bullet sounds. Nothing about that says cheater to me.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
That doesn’t scream cheater to me. Walking out in the open and die to shots you can hear (even if the shots happened after you get hit).

Seems like everyday Tarkov.

E: like what even happened in that video that is remotely suspect other than some standard Tarkov audio glitches?

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's really hard to definitively call cheating unless it's just wildly obvious, like one person one tapping your entire squad within a half second or things like that.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Obviously there are cheaters in every game but in 3 years I can count suspicious deaths on one hand. I could be too willing to give people the benefit of the doubt but almost all of my deaths I feel like I could have done something different to survive.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

lol you all are out of your minds if you don't think that was suspicious

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

DrPop posted:

1. You never saw the guy.
2. You died after multiple hits while literally walking in dead ground
3. You heard the shots.
4. If that guy you were walking with hadn’t said anything, you wouldn’t be in here posting some nonsense.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

DrPop posted:

Why don't you go post it on reddit chief.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I've been lucky enough to only have one encounter I'm reasonably sure was a cheater. I was double-tapped by something silent while I was running around near some rocks which is whatever, but then over the next 10 minutes or so we kept hearing the dude trying to shoot through rocks/terrain to hit my squadmates who were in some awkward positions.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
If the shooter was suppressed and sufficiently far away, you aren't going to hear the shot.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
The funny thing about tarkov and calling people hackers is that a huge chunk of the most memorable kills I've made I thought to myself "that dude's going to think I'm hacking"

Like when you land some random head-eyes shot without even looking down the sights or while shooting at some possible player shape off in the distant bushes.

I've wallbanged more players than I can remember due to sound cues alone.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Also when people complain about the amount of "head/eyes" kills. It's almost like people are aiming for the most vulnerable spot. I'm not sure but some how this wipe my head is the least damaged area.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You got suppressed sniped from up on the rocks, that's all there is to it.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Wrr posted:

For single player mod guys: Are you doing anything to mess with AI difficulty? I've used Fin's AI tweaks before but it turns everything into turbo-death gods that 360 no scope your head-eyes from across the map instantly.

I'd like something to make things a bit tougher than baseline, but not instant death bad. But, I guess theres only so much you can do with tools available to use.

Also, that questmania mod is great. Making me shoot armored up PMCs with a rinky-dink Toz loaded with like, 3.5mm buckshot is mean. That poo poo is just a gentle breeze to scavs let alone anything with armor.

Edit: Bot difficulty - What is the difference between As Online, hard, impossible, etc

I'm currently just doing a basic run and trying out the quest maniac mod until 12.12 is released so I'm not using any AI mods but I've found Medium difficulty with High ai count seems to be pretty good. Keeps it fun but if I'm REALLY stupid and lazy I'll get killed. I'll kick it to high difficulty if I feel like I need more of a challenge. I don't know what the exact difference is between them but I assume it's just changes to their reaction time, hearing, accuracy, etc.

You can remove any of the mission bundles that don't interest you in quest maniac too.

...ok guys, go back to talking about cheaters.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Orv posted:

You got suppressed sniped from up on the rocks, that's all there is to it.

Yeah this has happened to me a couple times while running around the village as a scav, there are obvious sniper positions in the hills.

Other than every time I get killed it's obviously a hacker and not that I suck there are only two instances where I was sure I encountered a cheater and they were both on Shoreline.
The first time, my whole group got insta-killed by a guy who just appeared in front of us and dropped a silent grenade on us.
The second time we were on the road and looking at the scav island and saw a guy running back and forth at lightning speed killing the and looting the scavs. We decided it was better to just head for the extract instead of dealing with that bullshit.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

The one time I’ve run into an almost-definitely cheater was when my squadmate got head-eyes’d and, without moving or being in line of sight of him at any time, I heard the dude who did it full-bore sprint to my hiding place and immediately do it to me as well.

Other than that Tarkov gonna Tarkov.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah I'm not saying that me getting shot was the weird event, I've been shot running out in the wild before and I will be shot running out in the wild again. It's the rounds constantly pinging off of stuff between where we figured the guy was and the rest of my remaining, stationary teammates that was suspicious. I guess we figured he was doing something to know where they were but every time he'd try and shoot someone there'd be something else in the way.

either way didn't affect me, I wasn't exactly trying to stay hidden and got taken out first lol

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I've only had two times I've thought I've run into a hacker, both times in reserve scav runs.

First one was me and my buddy both died within 5 seconds of spawning in the Bunker fields were the Xmas tree was. As we spawned there was full auto fire going off across the map, then 5 seconds later we were dead to fill auto fire from close range.

2nd time was a suppressed sniper i'm guessing up at the dome who just kept peppering the wall i was standing on the other side of as I looted one of the garage buildings. Every where I went in the garage, the closest wall to me was getting shot on the other side.

In terrible at spottingng people and die to the unknown often, but those are the only two instances I've thought it was cheats/hacking.

To a different topic, how often does everyone run into someone with either of them 7.62 or .366 veprs loaded with the wrong ammo?

I killed a duo last night who both had the .366 variant loaded with 7.62. Easiest kills I've ever had.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
My buddies scav has a FLIR on his gun, didn't know that could happen

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

My buddies scav has a FLIR on his gun, didn't know that could happen

if you can spawn with labs cards then why not

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

How much a good CPU would help with this game? I have a meltdown-nerfed 8700K with 32GB of DDR3600 CL15 ram, and the game feels chuggy on a RTX 3080 at 1440p. Fps is around 50-60 often on maps. Looking at GPU usage it is most of the time at like 70% or something.

What would be a good CPU for Tarkov, for maximum framezz?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Ihmemies posted:

How much a good CPU would help with this game? I have a meltdown-nerfed 8700K with 32GB of DDR3600 CL15 ram, and the game feels chuggy on a RTX 3080 at 1440p. Fps is around 50-60 often on maps. Looking at GPU usage it is most of the time at like 70% or something.

I have no idea about this specific game, but from my experience with multiplayer games and specially games that have to track and predict accurately player movement are heavily influenced by cpu power.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I4pAYU2N7s

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Pigbottom posted:

I have no idea about this specific game, but from my experience with multiplayer games and specially games that have to track and predict accurately player movement are heavily influenced by cpu power.

12700K with Prime Z690P D4 motherboard would be 680€. I could use my old RAM. Hmm. Not too bad. 8700K feels __really__ old now with the 3080. DDR5 solutions do not basically exist (no one has DDR5 ram in stock).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Ihmemies posted:

Tarkov tends to be much heavier on the CPU than most games - it tends to simulate more deeply than most shooters in regards to movement, hitboxes, bullet trajectories, gun mechanics, AI, and world state. Compared to a typical FPS that has a mostly non-interactable world and hitscan weapons, the requirements for a processor time will be much greater.