Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm honestly surprised that it's been this long and there are still no traces of the F4 or X-Men yet. I guess it just goes to show how far in advance these movies and TV shows are being made, on a pre-production level.

I kinda think we'll get another Avengers movie before a mutant-centric project. Except maybe Deadpool 3, which I could see them putting together without a whole lot of concern for where it fits in with everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
someone joked about it in passing, but Deadpool showing up on Contessa's dark avengers would be a great fit imo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Turns out the Xmen 92 reboot is how they bring mutants into the MCU and they do the Roger Rabbit thing with them

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FF is announced as a movie, right? That seems the easiest to start up and I wouldn't be surprised to see some hints in earlier stuff, but yeah, production schedules means its gonna take a bit.

X-Men just seems complicated since you have so many and Deadpool and memorable and popular adaptions. Probably gonna have to figure out the multiverse situation with all that and then the mutant situation. Its a lot easier to just intro the FF.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I'm dying for some MCU X-Men but I can't envision how they should go about it. It's daunting really. Do they just do they just go for a singular X-Men team film series for now before branching out? Or do you try to branch out with a couple of different teams and film series all at once? X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, etc to build towards a crossover event. Do you try to build your Avengers level film on say the most popular stories like Phoenix Saga that has already been done? Or do you forget all that go for untouched ground like AoA? X-Men just feels so immensely complicated to serve up the kind of MCU style stories that the fan are going to expect out of it. They have potential to easily eclipse the Avengers in popularity once they start firing on all cylinders.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Turns out the Xmen 92 reboot is how they bring mutants into the MCU and they do the Roger Rabbit thing with them

Sold but only if Gambit and Rogue are in every future film. I need those wacky accents.

Gaz-L posted:

It should be noted that Firestar was A) created for the show and B) was basically Mary-Jane but with powers in it. I'd say Iceman was also more or less a stand-in for Johnny Storm, but pre-coming out, Bobby and Johnny were pretty similar in how they were portrayed.

Huh, I didn't know that. I thought Harley Quinn was the first character to make the cartoon original to actual comic character jump.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 26, 2021

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

iceyman posted:

I'm dying for some MCU X-Men but I can't envision how they should go about it. It's daunting really. Do they just do they just go for a singular X-Men team film series for now before branching out? Or do you try to branch out with a couple of different teams and film series all at once? X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, etc to build towards a crossover event. Do you try to build your Avengers level film on say the most popular stories like Phoenix Saga that has already been done? Or do you forget all that go for untouched ground like AoA? X-Men just feels so immensely complicated to serve up the kind of MCU style stories that the fan are going to expect out of it. They have potential to easily eclipse the Avengers in popularity once they start firing on all cylinders.

My personal pitch would be to use the use/destruction of the Infinity Stones as the "big bang" for mutants. After the Snap/Return residual energies from the Stones (energy never being destroyed just changed) creates random mutations. And I'd probably tie that to Wanda and Ms. Marvel maybe making Kamala simultaneously powered by the stones like Carol and Monica but also our first known "powers kick in at puberty" mutant. And Wanda is basically a proto-mutant that way. Then I think you introduce some more young mutants here and there and then the whole bigger concept of Xavier, bigotry, the school, etc. I think its awhile before you're doing expanded X teams and stuff because you really do have to build the concept first.

Like I actually really want the MCU to do the Phoenix Saga again and do it right, but that means doing it in like 10 years after you've established mutants, the X-Men, Jean, all these characters, and really made something that will hit like Infinity War/Endgame.

And you do whatever the gently caress you're gonna do with Deadpool and the multiverse. No Way Home, Loki, and Strange 2 really flings that door open huge for God knows what but obviously now he's part of a bigger team so someone's gonna have to decide up top what they want to do.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

STAC Goat posted:

My personal pitch would be to use the use/destruction of the Infinity Stones as the "big bang" for mutants. After the Snap/Return residual energies from the Stones (energy never being destroyed just changed) creates random mutations. And I'd probably tie that to Wanda and Ms. Marvel maybe making Kamala simultaneously powered by the stones like Carol and Monica but also our first known "powers kick in at puberty" mutant. And Wanda is basically a proto-mutant that way. Then I think you introduce some more young mutants here and there and then the whole bigger concept of Xavier, bigotry, the school, etc. I think its awhile before you're doing expanded X teams and stuff because you really do have to build the concept first.

Like I actually really want the MCU to do the Phoenix Saga again and do it right, but that means doing it in like 10 years after you've established mutants, the X-Men, Jean, all these characters, and really made something that will hit like Infinity War/Endgame.

And you do whatever the gently caress you're gonna do with Deadpool and the multiverse. No Way Home, Loki, and Strange 2 really flings that door open huge for God knows what but obviously now he's part of a bigger team so someone's gonna have to decide up top what they want to do.

Well, they could always be sneaky and go with your idea but because the Time Stone was involved, it made some mutants in the past too

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Retro Futurist posted:

You mean win everyone over with a hot cartoon redhead? There are worse business strategies.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Sentinel Red posted:

Have Peter get a new apartment with a couple of new roommates - a hot redhead with a cute dog, and a very cool guy. Hijinks ensue.

yes, MCU Boomerang plz :coolfish:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lobok posted:

You mean win everyone over with a hot cartoon redhead? There are worse business strategies.

Rogue doesn't have red hair. :colbert:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

TwoPair posted:

Sold but only if Gambit and Rogue are in every future film. I need those wacky accents.

Huh, I didn't know that. I thought Harley Quinn was the first character to make the cartoon original to actual comic character jump.

Heck she wasn't even the first BTAS character to do that. I don't know if she's the first one, but Nora Fries made the jump from BTAS to comics in 97, where Quinn did it in 99.

Regarding the first character to do it in general, HERBIE the robot from that awful Fantastic Four show went from the cartoon in 1978 to the comic in 1979, so I think he's the actual first (Firestar may have been on a show sooner but she didn't make it to comics until 1985).

And if you aren't worried so much about cartoons so much as "non comics media" you'll have a hard time beating Green Hornet and Jimmy Olson, who are from 30s and 40s radio serials first.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 27, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
IIRC, Renee Montoya is a weird case where she was developed for BTAS but made her first appearance in a comic that was in stores before the show aired.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/RebelTaxi/status/1475189157546926088

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

site posted:

someone joked about it in passing, but Deadpool showing up on Contessa's dark avengers would be a great fit imo

Deadpool will just travel from his universe once he sees at the movies that the MCU Deadpool is being played by another actor and kill him.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

this is a huge bummer goddamn

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Can the Flash be cancelled already

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Medullah posted:

Can the Flash be cancelled already

Sure you just gotta go digging through his old tweets to find something juicy

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ilikedirt posted:

Sure you just gotta go digging through his old tweets to find something juicy

This last episode was so bad I'm willing to put in the work

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
shoulda been cancelled after he blew up the universe imo

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Which time?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
exactly

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I do love that whenever something weird happened, Oliver's first reaction was "wtf Barry?".

Maybe that's why he crashed Barry and Iris's wedding, to get him back for screwing up the universe constantly?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

site posted:

shoulda been cancelled after he blew up the universe imo

Should have been cancelled when he married his sister, honestly.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Well, Black Krrsantan just happened. I guess Dr. Aphra is actually in play. I wonder how many times Chloe Bennet has checked her phone today. Also holy poo poo Camie and Fixer. I wonder if that was just Tosche Station we saw.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

theironjef posted:

Well, Black Krrsantan just happened. I guess Dr. Aphra is actually in play. I wonder how many times Chloe Bennet has checked her phone today. Also holy poo poo Camie and Fixer. I wonder if that was just Tosche Station we saw.

I don't follow Star Wars stuff, but I heard Ming-Na Wen plays someone in that universe. Would be fun seeing those two show up together again.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

I don't follow Star Wars stuff, but I heard Ming-Na Wen plays someone in that universe. Would be fun seeing those two show up together again.

Ming-na Wen is Boba Fett's lieutenant/sidekick.

King Baby
Sep 30, 2021
Not a whole lot of comic shows I watch on this week…I did watch an episode of Shark Tank which featured Kevin Hart buying a close pin food feeder and Comic Company Black Sands. I’m pretty sure he already bought Black Sands (this is probably a re-run and I never heard of this company) and was using the show to promote it. It was cute to watch a dude get a deal of a lifetime and then try to blow it.

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
Rewatching Daredevil season one. I forgot how good it is. I remember liking it at the time but it’s so much better than anything that came after it and really holds up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jagermonster posted:

Rewatching Daredevil season one. I forgot how good it is. I remember liking it at the time but it’s so much better than anything that came after it and really holds up.

The Episode 2 hallway fight is still loving in sanely good.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I really just love all of daredevil. It has some problems but overall I find it very fun. Just wish these shows were ten episodes instead of twelve.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Just getting to Doom Patrol S3, does anyone know why the actors who played the Dead Boys Detective Agency members aren’t going to be the actors in the actual spin-off?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Chances are they wanted new actors with new contracts that covered the show, and anywhere else they wanted to use then like the upcoming Sandman Series.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Chances are they wanted new actors with new contracts that covered the show, and anywhere else they wanted to use then like the upcoming Sandman Series.

I guess I don't see the point of doing a backdoor pilot if you don't already have that kind of stipulation in their contracts. It would be like if Grant Gustin came in for his episode on Arrow, and then The Flash starred someone completely different. I know Doom Patrol already had this kind of thing happen what with The Chief being recast between the backdoor pilot in Titans and the actual show, but it just seems like bad business. The audience reacts to the performance and chemistry of one group of performers enough to justify moving to series and then you just throw that all away and roll the dice again?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Jagermonster posted:

Youtube sent me down a hole of Netflix MCU and I honestly forgot how much of it I largely enjoyed. I was glad to see Cox back in No Way Home and Fisk in Hawkeye. I hope they give Colter another shot.

It wasn't all good. It definitely wasn't all good. But drat if Berenthal isn't a phenomenal Frank Castle.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

If they let Cox and D'Onofrio back, could they potentially work a Punisher into stories that gelled with the MCU? I'd love to see a slightly lighter Berenthal interact with Holland or others.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah he's gonna be the new leader of the hand in daredevil

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

site posted:

yeah he's gonna be the new leader of the hand in daredevil

Nah time to bring the greatest Punisher arc ever to the screen, the angel Punisher!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i think you mean the one where he got surgery to make him Black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I think there's some Bernthal quote somewhere that he's only interested in continuing the character in the MCU if they keep all the edgy poo poo as is.

"He’s really in my heart, man. He’s really in my bones. I’m enormously protective of that character. I’ve said before that there’s nothing in this world more important to me than my wife and my kids, and only until you understand that kind of love and what it really means to willingly die for somebody, [do you understand] what it would be like if somebody took them from you. That being said, that’s where that character needs to be. It needs to be a level of darkness. I think if there’s any let up on that character, you do a disservice to the character, to every iteration of the character, to every comic book that’s come before, and to all of the unbelievable fans of the character. This character means so much to people in the military. So like I said before, it’s not about whether you do the character; it’s about whether you can do it right, and I’m only interested in doing it right."

Personally I'd prefer it if that character didn't mean a lot to people in the military, but whatever.