Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
he;s making jokes about his last name in heaven now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Carlson, Crowder, Shapiro et al are gonna have a field day with this, since they were whining over the last two weeks about how she went to Florida with her bf and did such audacious things as "sit outdoors in a restaurant" and "attend outdoor Events"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
you’re from nyc and you went to florida for new years

“I got this top sirloin at home but I think I’m going to go get an infectious disease for a Big Mac”

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
AOC claims to be smart, but she willingly went to Florida.

Curious.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
If you expect people to be anything other than people you will be disappointed every time

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Kazinsal posted:

you’re from nyc and you went to florida for new years

“I got this top sirloin at home but I think I’m going to go get an infectious disease for a Big Mac”

I have encountered people who have this bizarre need to experience warm weather year round and I suspect she is one of those kinds of people.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Carlson, Crowder, Shapiro et al are gonna have a field day with this, since they were whining over the last two weeks about how she went to Florida with her bf and did such audacious things as "sit outdoors in a restaurant" and "attend outdoor Events"

yeah, during a pandemic

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Sitting at a café is whatever.

The bar videos are less cool.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I mean what is any of this poo poo worth any more, I havent seen one bit of good news about this poo poo since the vaccines got approved as kicken rad about january last year and it kinda feels as if poo poo is only gonna get worse because society aint built to deal with this poo poo.

I just kinda figured society would get more and more hosed due to an ecological collapse or kicking off world war 3, not this half measure plague where we all just seem to be waiting for this to mutate into something that well and truly cripples society.

At the very least does someone have good news wrt to demographic shifts due to this?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

lightpole posted:

If you expect people to be anything other than people you will be disappointed every time

politicians are not people

also, RIP Bob Saget.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I mean the least we could hope for is a station eleven scenario with a sudden mutation from nazi flu to overnight extinction event but here we are

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

he;s making jokes about his last name in heaven now

Heaven? Not after what he did in 1990.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Stultus Maximus posted:

Heaven? Not after what he did in 1990.

Please disregard this post.

InAndOutBrennan
Dec 11, 2008

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Yes, I am aware of the Swedish failure. I guess it’s just me working out the reality of the situation, at least in terms of the potential future. I guess the most important thing is we don’t get something that is as virulent as delta or omicron, but even worse death rates than delta.

I cannot wait till we get to that point.

Well, the Swedish failure currently has among the lowest increase of deaths in Europe across the pandemic. Surpassed by countries with much stricter regulations. So :shrug: i guess.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InAndOutBrennan posted:

Well, the Swedish failure currently has among the lowest increase of deaths in Europe across the pandemic. Surpassed by countries with much stricter regulations. So :shrug: i guess.

Has very little to do with their crappy "Herd Immunity" plan which was not only based on poor understanding of herd immunity, but absolutely tantamount to throwing people to the wolves by thinking COVID was gonna be like the flu.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Defenestrategy posted:

I mean what is any of this poo poo worth any more, I havent seen one bit of good news about this poo poo since the vaccines got approved as kicken rad about january last year and it kinda feels as if poo poo is only gonna get worse because society aint built to deal with this poo poo.

KT basically describes the problem and Derek's summation paragraphs are very good:

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1480573586901458951?t=DaEhjfWSi38vmE93dLtKqg&s=19

The problem is the unvaccinated. They're all different flavors of idiot on the side of "leave us alone", but now they have a concurring opinion of a portion of the fully/boosted vaxxed, leading to a now majority-ish of "leave us alone". Our society isn't built for the kind of measures that would need to be taken to get needles into the arms of the unvaccinated, so we're diverting focus to the vaccinated-but-uncautious lately.

But the good news is that we as a collective species have proved that we can kick COVID's rear end:

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1480559694817075202?t=MJuhzv41pay6EfPecF0cDg&s=19

And this is with vaccines that are nearly two years old in terms of technology, as most vaccines were essentially finalized in Feb-March 2020 before testing started. In another 6-12 months, we'll probably have tailored vaccines and therapeutics everywhere, this winter's just going to really suck.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/adamjayarr/status/1480592729591537670

So it's not the massive 136 page comorbidity list, but a much, much smaller list of the usual suspects.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

golden bubble posted:

https://twitter.com/adamjayarr/status/1480592729591537670

So it's not the massive 136 page comorbidity list, but a much, much smaller list of the usual suspects.

She needs to just have a PR person do all her speaking because she’s awful at this.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Stultus Maximus posted:

She needs to just have a PR person do all her speaking because she’s awful at this.

the PR people the administration have are also awful at this

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Working at a new building and snorted in the bathroom

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Stultus Maximus posted:

Agreed. When you look at the actual report (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7101a4.htm) it really says that 36/1,228,664 fully vaccinated adults died in this study that covers December 2020–October 2021. Of those 36 dead people, pretty much all of them had at least three of the following:

In order of risk factor weight:

Immunosuppression
Chronic pulmonary disease
Chronic liver disease
Chronic kidney disease
Chronic neurologic disease
Diabetes mellitus
Chronic cardiac disease
Overweight/Obesity

With most of the dead having four of those. Someone with Chronic neurologic disease, Diabetes mellitus, Chronic cardiac disease, and Overweight/Obesity all at the same time is not healthy to begin with.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I never knew people would disapprove of this nazi cop boss!

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...ticle_inset_1.1

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

The gently caress did it have to be discovered by a whistleblower and not other officers. Complicit bastards.

IE officers not hiding behind whistleblower laws.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Pretty nice story about Bob Saget, (thread)

https://twitter.com/Bowl_of_Worcel/status/1480364129315659788?s=20

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Well that's a new one from the horse paste eaters.

https://twitter.com/twinkbride/status/1480205837721391112

And it's been on Fox News too, so people might actually try to take this after big doses of ivermectin.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:stare:

what the gently caress?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

:stare:

what the gently caress?

No but seriously that’s all Greek to me.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

what the gently caress?

Crab Dad posted:

No but seriously that’s all Greek to me.
Assuming this is in reference to using testosterone blockers to. . . cure covid?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

there also seems to be a loving antidepressant in there? or are SSRIs used for something else too?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

So did the mayor and police chief just outright admit the reason why the nazi officer wasn't sacked. Was because they didn't see what the big deal was and just assumed everyone else was chill with a nazi on the force?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

testosterone blockers and antidepressants, an absolutely masterfull troll

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Defenestrategy posted:

So did the mayor and police chief just outright admit the reason why the nazi officer wasn't sacked. Was because they didn't see what the big deal was and just assumed everyone else was chill with a nazi on the force?

Pretty much. Here's the bullshit "excuse"

quote:

Ralph said in the video that city officials wanted to fire Kammerzell, but that they risked having him reinstated through arbitration. After a 10-month investigation, city officials concluded that Kammerzell would be given two weeks off without pay, but would be allowed to take paid vacation during that time.

“That was what we believed was legally defensible,” Ralph said. Citing the attorney hired to advise the city — Mike Bolasina of the Summit Law Group — the mayor said in the Friday interview that anything more significant would mean the city risked having the decision reversed in arbitration, and that Kammerzell would return to work “and he would be untouchable.”

"If we tried to punish him it might get overturned, so we didn't bother punishing him. Wait, why is everyone so upset?"

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Defenestrategy posted:

I think so judging from this

quote:

Kent Mayor Dana Ralph says her administration badly underestimated the public outrage that would spring from the decision not to fire an assistant police chief who posted Nazi insignia on his office door, embraced the rank of an officer in Adolf Hitler’s murderous Schutzstaffel, or SS, and joked about the Holocaust.

They thought a 2 week paid vacation and sensitivity training would fix everything

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I would hate for cops to think they are untouchable.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

stealie72 posted:

Assuming this is in reference to using testosterone blockers to. . . cure covid?

They literally recommend more testosterone blockers than a real trans-woman would take with those high doses. And they are strong diuretics too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

golden bubble posted:

They literally recommend more testosterone blockers than a real trans-woman would take with those high doses. And they are strong diuretics too.

ok i'm on board with this being prescribed to any fox viewers lmao

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Going trans to own the libs?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I’m working on a short story about a Schizophrenic man (Well under control with meds) who is a late night talk radio personality who begins to realize all the crazy that’s calling him and getting on air is being manipulated somehow by someone who wasn’t crazy.

Was gonna play around a bit with him going off his meds and blurring the lines between the callers mental illness and his own. Haven’t gotten to that yet.

I say all that to say that poo poo like the horse paste, or the QAnon Shaman interview inspired me to finally write about something I have some experiences with.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
a 50 year old die hard chud conservative getting boobs instead of a vaccine is one of the funniest loving outcomes I can imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

golden bubble posted:

Well that's a new one from the horse paste eaters.
And it's been on Fox News too, so people might actually try to take this after big doses of ivermectin.

Not what I expected because this has been all over today:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1480560092646940674

It's the dude that went cross-country saying that he was going to citizens arrest democratic governors, and made it to Alabama before getting jailed for somethingorother related to not wearing a mask in court.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 10, 2022