Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

sootikins posted:

it does not get better in the comments!

You weren't kidding

creep posted:

So where is the line on acceptable mementos? Is the line condoms?

creep posted:

That was a bit of tongue in cheek. Tbh, if I I had acquired [tampons] in my first collection I prob would have kept collecting them. Really glad I never had one, cause that's where I draw the line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
"Hi FBI? Yeah I'd like to report someone"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My "not a serial killer" collection of condoms and hair clippings has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my collection of condoms and hair clippings

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
There's no way this guy is real right?

Even the weirdest of people would realize how loving weird this is and not be defending it.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Kuiperdolin posted:

Our new strategy name is a sex act

At one workplace during an all-hands meeting our VP Marketing spoke English for a second language, and while the man meant that we as a company should get out there, promote ourselves more, etc, he constantly spoke about "we need to expose ourselves".

He also said "we hardly worked" when he meant "we worked very hard".

On both occasions I informed him privately why he might reconsider his word choices there.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Gf slept with a stranger while we were getting to know each other

quote:

Yes I am mad, although I am not sure why. This just feels false advertising to me, like you say something while act something completely opposite.

We were talking at the time (last year August) and she had been very clear to me from the beginning that she wanted to build an emotional bond before sleeping together and I was in agreement with her. The first time we slept together was on my birthday (October 21st) but I was more than ok with it, now I am not so sure. What happened was we were discussing kinks and fantasies and she confessed that one of her kinks in CNC (consensual non consent) and complete loss of control. So I asked if she has ever tried it and she admitted that she has tried it once, with someone she met on tinder and it was wild. Apparently, they had arranged that he was to come into her apartment, do the cnc and then leave, without ever saying saying a word and then they will never see each other again. But the catch, it happened in the last week of August 2021 when we were already talking and she had told me that she wants to go slow.

At the time I didnt say anything to her (it happened last night) and we just kept discussing about CNC and if we can integrate it in our sexual lives. But after she left, I thought about it some more and it seems hypocritical. Why say something to me and then act completely opposite with a stranger? Need help Reddit!

the comments are precisely as dire as you would think

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Pope Hilarius II posted:

At one workplace during an all-hands meeting our VP Marketing spoke English for a second language, and while the man meant that we as a company should get out there, promote ourselves more, etc, he constantly spoke about "we need to expose ourselves".

He also said "we hardly worked" when he meant "we worked very hard".

On both occasions I informed him privately why he might reconsider his word choices there.

Someone must've asked him if he was working hard or hardly working and he responded "yes".

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Serephina posted:

What on earth could CBT stand for other than that?

My first thought was that not weed oil they sell at most places now.

Made me think of cumshirt and piss bottle guy. Either way I think this dude's relationship is over. Then again I thought it couldn't get any worse but

Sodium Chloride posted:

You weren't kidding

this taught me that is never a thing. Regardless of how that box smells now if he collected used tampons it would probably be like opening the Ark of the Covenant.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Article is boring but headline is great

AITA for getting a coworker fired because she didn't get me a christmas present?

quote:

I (19M) work in a small office. In November a few of my coworkers organized a secret santa gift exchange for christmas. It was optional but most people joined in so I did too, though I do not celebrate christmas (I am ex-christian) but I still celebrate the holiday season & I thought it would be fun.

One of the people who organized it is a woman Ill call Jen (50sF). She is a devout christian, I know because she had a lot of religious items on her desk & she is always saying religious stuff & talking about church. Soon after we all picked names for secret santa, she approached me & said that she was glad that Id joined in because “its nice to see young people getting involved in the spirit of christmas.” Then she asked if I would be going to mass for christmas & I said no. She asked why & I told her that Im actually ex-christian so I dont go to church. I dont think I was rude about it but she started acting weird & said that I shouldnt have joined secret santa because I was “profiting off other peoples generosity in the celebration of christs birth.” I didnt know what to say so I said that I would be getting someone a gift too of course & I couldnt back out now because then one person wouldnt get anything. She said she would pray for me & left, & we didnt really interact after that.

A few days before christmas we all were supposed to exchange our gifts. I gave the person I picked their gift & then I was waiting to receive mine, I didnt know who picked me of course but eventually it seemed like everyone had gotten their gifts except me. Then Jen came over & said she was the one who picked my name, but since I didnt believe in christmas there was no reason for her to get me a gift in celebration of it. I was honestly shocked but she left before I could say anything. It did bother me a bit but I decided to let it go because I didnt want any drama. Later I was talking to another coworker Amy (22F), she asked me what I got so I told her what happened with Jen. Amy said I should tell our supervisor about it because Jen has said similar things to a coworker of ours who is muslim. I told her I didnt want to make a big deal out of the secret santa thing & I thought we left it at that.

But after the holidays our supervisor Mark (50sM) called me into his office & asked about what happened with Jen during the gift exchange. I didnt want to lie to a supervisor so I told him what she said, but also that it wasnt a big deal to me, it was just a present. He thanked me & said not to worry but that this was connected to “a greater trend in Jens behaviour” & he would have to “take action.” Yesterday I noticed Jens desk was cleared out, I asked Amy about it & she said Jen had been fired.

I feel bad because I didnt care about getting a present that much & I dont think its something that warrants getting someone fired. I told my friend Sam (19M) about it & he said I shouldnt have told Mark what Jen said because it was just a dumb disagreement between us. So idk. AITA?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

As a Christian this dude ain't the rear end in a top hat

Gift giving isn't even a Christian tradition so idk where Jen is getting off with her weird rear end ideas but also proselytizing at work is generally a very bad idea unless you actually work in the Church

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

limp_cheese posted:

Made me think of cumshirt and piss bottle guy.

This is one of my favorite stories. It's one of those that keeps getting better the more you try to figure out just what the gently caress.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hughlander posted:

Article is boring but headline is great

AITA for getting a coworker fired because she didn't get me a christmas present?

this guy and his friend are the reason everyone has to watch diversity training videos

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Variable 5 posted:

Completely ignoring everything else, do people post in AITA expecting support from the Internet (lol) so they can show the other person? "Look, some people on reddit agreed with me so you're not allowed to be mad any longer."
Yes, and surprisingly it frequently works. People come back and say "Yeah, I showed this to my mom/husband/dog and they decided they were being an rear end in a top hat." Sometimes it's "And then they screamed at me and I had to run for shelter outside the house", of course.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Invisible Clergy posted:

It was referencing this hall of famer from the last thread.

AITA for breaking up with my friend group for horrible relationship advice that broke up my marriage?

This lady got owned. Glad her husband escaped

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm imagining Jen in Japan at Christmas time, just screaming until she loses consciousness

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdilPaF4BS4

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for being upset that my fiancé spent all of the money for my wedding dress and our future house?

quote:

My fiancé (27M) and I (25F) are getting married soon. The wedding is in 2 months and we still have to get a wedding dress and we’re planning on moving into a house shortly after getting married.

2 weeks ago my fiancé had his bachelor party. I come from a fairly wealthy family, so recently we received a generous monetary gift from my parents to go towards the wedding and as an early wedding gift for any extra that we didn’t spend. My fiancé and 10 of his friends went to Vegas for the party, and my fiancé and I had agreed on a $1000 limit (not including hotel and plane fees). The day after the party I received a call from the bank, and found out that my fiancé spent the entire gift from my parents on gambling and lost all of it.

This was disappointing because he has struggled with a gambling addiction in the past, but has been doing really good the past couple years. We had an argument about this when he got home and he has been really upset with me because he says I should understand that he was struggling and this will always be a temptation for him. I have no idea how we’re going to pay for the wedding dress I’m supposed to get, much less contribute to the house, and I honestly have no idea what to do right now. He thinks I should just get a cheaper wedding dress, but I don’t think I should have to because this is his fault, not mine. AITA?
Reddit, speaking as one: The dress is not the problem here.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Ex sent pictures to my employer trying to get me fired, what recourse do I have? Ontario

quote:

Hi. I got out of a very toxic relationship a few months ago. I ended it and told him never to contact me again. All of our communication since then has gone through my new boyfriend (who is a mutual acquaintance). I've been out of work for a while and only recently got back into the job market. I finished my training to become a security guard last month and now I am gainfully employed doing something I enjoy. I posted about this on facebook and my ex discovered my employer and sent pictures of me to them, with my name attached, and stated that they "cast a very poor light on the company". He took a screenshot of the email and sent the picture to my current boyfriend, who showed me. These pictures have never been posted publicly and only my ex and a few other people have ever seen them.

I'm terrified of going into work. I have no idea how my boss will react to these pictures and I really can't afford to lose this job. I don't have any savings left and if I don't get paid this month I won't be able to make rent.

Edit: I got a couple hours of sleep and like 10 PMs asking what these pictures are (and one that asked to "send nudes", really?). People speculating that it's drugs or something illegal. I wasn't going to mention it because I don't want to be judged but I'm screwed anyway apparently so whatever. No, last summer I met up with some internet friends with an edgy sense of humor at a cosplay convention. Let me start by saying I'm not a racist, or a nazi, but two of my friends dressed up as SS guards and had a bunch of swastika armbands. (They weren't allowed into the con so we did all of this outside on the street.) I posed with them, wore an armband, did a nazi salute, etc, and one of them took pictures that he shared with me later. I sent them to my (now ex) bf because I thought he'd find it funny. I didn't think he'd save them and use them against me, or even remember. I wasn't cosplaying that day so my face was visible, but I made sure none of my friends put them up on the internet publicly so I assumed I was fine. Now my ex has already sent them to one employer, and without any explanation or context, implying that I'm a neo-nazi or something. My boss is POC, my landlord is POC, by current boyfriend is Asian, I'm seriously not racist but my ex is trying to ruin my life with just those couple of pictures and I need some way to make him stop.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Cythereal posted:

Ex sent pictures to my employer trying to get me fired, what recourse do I have? Ontario

drat that gave me whiplash

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!
Ed: oh no~

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA for being upset that my fiancé spent all of the money for my wedding dress and our future house?

drat it was catching up to post that but with the comment:
When you think about it honey, it's really your fault I gambled away the downpayment to the house...

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Why the actual gently caress would someone recovering from a gambling addiction go to Vegas if not to relapse, what did anyone actually think would happen?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Cythereal posted:

I know I'm wearing an armband and doing a salute while hanging out with people in full SS gear but my shirt clearly reads "I am not a Nazi." Why are people confused?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This is one of my favorite stories. It's one of those that keeps getting better the more you try to figure out just what the gently caress.

Unlike the one where the OP caught her husband going outside at night and digging through the trash so he could snoof some pamps.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Cythereal posted:

Oh dear.

They were dressed up as characters from that anime where the WW2 axis powers were all anime girls, weren’t they?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cythereal posted:

I played a stupid game and won a stupid prize. What the gently caress gives?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Am I in the wrong for leaving my fiancé because of a foot rub?

quote:

Me (25f) and my fiancé (26m) had been together for seven years and engaged for three. His female friend (25) had always been a big issue in our relationship.

She would come over whenever she wanted and would ask my fiancé at the time to massage her feet. Which he would do despite my feelings. She would always have her feet placed right near his privates. Borderline touching it. He would fully lotion her up right in front of me and massage her feet thoroughly, nothing casual at all.

I had been telling him for years that I hated this and that I thought it was intimate. He always argued that it wasn’t intimate at all. But when my gay best friend massaged my feet one time on my period, fiancé went ballistic and held it against me for months.

This female friend had also been making sly remarks to me the entire time we were together. She’s always had something against me. She only started asking fiancé for foot massages AFTER we got engaged which was fishy.

I eventually couldn’t take the disrespect anymore so I left him and I’m now living with my best friend. He’s been ringing me and texting non stop asking for me back and that he would do better but I don’t want to hear it. I’m just wondering if I was too harsh in thinking it was too intimate.

TLDR; left fiancé cause I felt like he was being intimate with female friend. Am I in the wrong for thinking a foot rub was intimate?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Evil Willow posted:

Am I in the wrong for leaving my fiancé because of a foot rub?

I heard someone got thrown out a window for this

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Cythereal posted:

So uh, I'm gonna be straight up and admit I had no inkling of what was behind the spoilers

I went from feeling bad to her to "you deserve it and everything else that happened to you"

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Bargearse posted:

Oh dear.

They were dressed up as characters from that anime where the WW2 axis powers were all anime girls, weren’t they?

Yeah, you're thinking of "hetalia," and that's 100% what's going on with this woman.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

hawowanlawow posted:

I heard someone got thrown out a window for this

Antwan “Tony Rocky Horror” Rockamora

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Invisible Clergy posted:

Yeah, you're thinking of "hetalia," and that's 100% what's going on with this woman.

At least the con didn’t let them in.

Around here we’ve had a few problems with cons letting nazis, fascists and miscellaneous bigoted assholes in.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Struggling with a gambling addiction but went to Vegas for the bachelor party. I don't think there was much struggle there.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So uh, I'm gonna be straight up and admit I had no inkling of what was behind the spoilers

I went from feeling bad to her to "you deserve it and everything else that happened to you"

lmao I had two guesses for what would be behind the first spoiler and got both right. nobody says "I'm not a thoughtful person" in these pieces

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

My wife (28F) bursts out screaming at the top of her lungs any time she's frustrated. She refuses to acknowledge that this is problematic / disruptive behavior. How can I (31M) approach this with her?

quote:

Every time I bring it up, she says it's "just how she is", "it isn't hurting you", and "you're just sensitive, I'm this way at work too and no one complains" (She's a superior officer in her unit, and only works shoulder-to-shoulder with one other person anyway).

Her behavior makes her terrible to drive with - she literally screams at people for not accelerating away from a green light fast enough or turning too slow. It also makes her terrible to be in the house with anytime she's working on anything. Homework, work-work, anything. Even watching TV isn't safe, because the minute the remote doesn't work fast enough or the stream interrupts, more screaming.

I just can't take it. I'm so tired of asking her (politely and then not so politely) to at least keep the volume down, if not just try to be aware that it makes me miserable. I just get "stop trying to control how I deal with emotion. It's not hurting anyone. Just let me have this."

I don't feel like I can be nice about this with her right now. I'd appreciate some advice on how take this up with her in a peaceable way.

Thanks.

TL;DR: wife is easily frustrated and screams at the top of her lungs when so. This makes spending time with her miserable. She doesn't think it's a problem and that I should stop trying to control her behavior. I can't stand it.

Edit: I managed to get an apology and an "I'll try to work on it if you can be nicer about it" from her, which I accepted. She then made it clear that I'm the only person in her life who has an issue with her behavior, which seems to imply that she thinks I'm being unreasonable. I told her I will not tolerate the behavior any longer, meaning I will not just put up with it and we need to address it. I then clariffied that I meant this after she took it to mean I'm "threatening divorce if she doesn't change to fit my laundry list of expectations". She wants to know if I'll divorce her if she "can't change", which feels like she wants the option not to change. So the fight continues.

Edit2: the aplogoy was more like "I'll try to work on the outbursts, but I need you to be nicer to me about them while I work on it". I made her sound worse than she was with the first edit.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for caring about my son's safety?

quote:

My son told me to post this here.

I (50F) have a son who we'll call L (14M).

Recently, he has taken issue with the rules we've set in place about walking. He claims he does not get enough exercise and says that he wants to go on walks around the neighbourhood for about an hour or so, and I have a rule set that none of my children can walk outside the house by themselves until they are 17 years old.

He continues whining about his weight and being very disrespectful, and I eventually said that he could go on walks if he can find someone to go with him.His excuse for this condition that I made was that he has no one close enough to go with him because he's moved schools a lot and only started making friends recently, and he also said it would be unreasonable to ask someone to drive to our house every day just to go on a walk with him.

He has started acting cold toward me because of this and suggested I make this post. I am thinking on giving him some consequences for his disrespect toward me. He claims I am not being a good mother and that I am a very toxic person to be around. This issue has been going on for a couple of weeks now.

We don't live in a dangerous neighbourhood, but there are some people with dogs and people on marijuana around, I'm just very concerned something may happen to him.

AITA?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Evil Willow posted:

Boomers: "these kids are lazy, when I was their age I'd be out dawn till dusk"
Also Boomers: "I have a rule set that none of my children can walk outside the house by themselves until they are 17 years old."

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Evil Willow posted:

NextDoor-poisoned white people, Jesus loving Christ.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

AceClown posted:

Boomers: "these kids are lazy, when I was their age I'd be out dawn till dusk"
Also Boomers: "I have a rule set that none of my children can walk outside the house by themselves until they are 17 years old."

Times have changed friend, a fifty year old is right in the middle of Gen X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

I hate people like this that get a child but don't understand you have to walk them. Otherwise the kid is going to start tearing up the furniture because he's bored and understimulated. She just needs to get a leash and take her kid for a walk since she wanted this responsibility. Some people should just not be a child owner....