Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Matlack Radio posted:

What does the "COS." in COAL COS. stand for?

Companies. Sorry y'all, time got away from me and I'll need another week to set up the Kellies nominations. It looks like there will be about, uh, 300 nominees to chew through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

R-TZ-T-1-I.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Do russian cartoonists depict foreigners speaking in latin letters that look like cyrillic

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Think we'll see any Bob Saget obit comics?

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

The_Other posted:

Think we'll see any Bob Saget obit comics?

I wonder how many of them will talk about what he did in 1990...

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
wild, wild she/hers
couldn't drag me awaeaeaeay

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Teketeketeketeke posted:

I wonder how many of them will talk about what he did in 1990...
You mean back in the 90s, when he was in a very famous TV show?

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Pants Donkey posted:

You mean back in the 90s, when he was in a very famous TV show?

There are rumors that he raped and murdered a girl in 1990, but there is no actual evidence that he raped and murdered a girl in 1990. So hopefully none of the obit cartoons try to imply that Bob Saget raped and murdered a girl in 1990.

EDIT: GDI I just got your post.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wasn’t that Glenn Beck?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I AM GRANDO posted:

Wasn’t that Glenn Beck?
I think the joke was referenced to show how full of poo poo Beck’s shtick of “just asking questions” ended up. It was originally about Saget.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

Jeff Stahler

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is Branco like Garrison-tier, or does he get a salary from that?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I AM GRANDO posted:

quote:

A.F. Branco's cartoons are in high demand as he slays dragons of Leftist Lunacy with his razor-sharp humor. He has appeared on Fox News, “The Larry Elder Show,” “The Lars Larson Show” and more.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
That doesn't *necessarily* mean a big salary

But yeah he totally makes bank from this poo poo lol

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Xander77 posted:

R-TZ-T-1-I.

Part of me really wants to believe this was done as a "Putin in the R-TZ" joke but since that would actually be funny, there's no way it could have been intentional.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Everyone Has an Opinion about Covid

Ted Rall posted:

I became sick and tested positive for COVID-19 on December 30. Within hours, everyone was expressing a strong opinion about it. Not that anyone was changing their mind about anything.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Help, gently caress, both of these got a chuckle out of me.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I regularly find Matt amusing and I hate that I do.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Matt actually tells silly jokes unlike almost every other cartoonist which is often "look at this bad person doing this bad thing!" and Prickly City which somehow despite using words tells nothing at all.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm going to give Bennett a nonstop swirlie until he stops phoning it in.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

"Over a bug" gently caress off, Ted Rall. Also, you're using the thermometer wrong

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Tories’ statue sorrow – Conservatives have reacted angrily after four activists were acquitted of criminal damage despite admitting toppling a statue of slaver Edward Colston"

Telegraph:

Britain faces worst cost of living crisis for a generation

Independent:

End of free lateral flow tests as country told to live with Covid

Times:

Liz Truss ‘willing’ to trigger article 16 of Brexit protocol if talks falter

Evening Standard:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I find it so delightful the right are eating themselves as much as the left does online

Cruz was a snivelling worm for Trump and debased himself constantly for four years and lol it just still isn't enough for them

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Every time I think I've seen the most Rall-esque Rall, he does something like this.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Calico Heart posted:

I find it so delightful the right are eating themselves as much as the left does online

Cruz was a snivelling worm for Trump and debased himself constantly for four years and lol it just still isn't enough for them

Cruz cannot have debased himself in any way shape or form, he's just that low that it's impossible.
Like the absolute zero of being a person. Vaguely.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Calico Heart posted:

cruz_phonebanking.png will always warm my heart

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall isn't that smart. I once
spent hours with him discussing
cartoons. He disagreed when
I said he was boring, that "Rall cartoons" are
unwatchable now. But he couldn't
articulate why I was wrong.
He kept pointing to the drones and
purple Homers, which
I didn't dispute.

A lot of cartoonists are sharper
than Ted Rall is. Now that his illness
has opened up space in print and
in cartoons, it would be good if
other, more audacious voices were
allowed to be heard.

© SubG

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Calico Heart posted:

He’s such a naturally repulsive person that it’s easy to see how even chuds never fully liked him.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I AM GRANDO posted:

Branco is probably the single most successful cartoonist in the entire thread lol

I cannot be assed to look up the numbers, but he's published in a fair few papers and more importantly his cartoons appear on Fox News and get tweeted out by key republican figures, even the big wet presinald himself sometimes, back when he had a twitter account.

Dunno how his paycheck compares to the syndicated funny strips (Drinky Duck and Prick City), nor the non-US ones, but he far outstrips any other cartoonist.

his cartoons being ugly low-effort poo poo is, if anything, a point in his favor. No one but the Pulitzer committee are impressed with something like Ramirez' equally ugly high-effort poo poo

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Imagine having an opinion about water voles, and that opinion is "this seems bad."

MAC is horrible but he's horrible in a unique and entertaining way.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/happyroadkill/status/1480609151499784192?s=20

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

Even for a cartoon he drew about himself this is incredibly solipsistic. Rall has an amazing talent for self-centeredness.

Also describing a pandemic that's killed millions as "a bug". That's some peak Rall right there.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Novak Djokovic wins appeal against decision to cancel his Australian visa (Guardian). "World No 1 immediately released from detention, but immigration minister considering cancelling visa again."

Brett Lethbridge:

Wilcox:

Scott Morrison with NSW premier Dominic Perrottet. Morrison denies 'letting the virus rip' (AFR). He instead said we're "pushing through".

Leak, Son of Leak:

Queensland premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announced a delay in starting the new school year, otherwise they would be opening at about the same time the state would be hitting the Omicron wave peak. Queensland records 18,000 new COVID-19 cases, school start date delayed for two weeks (ABC).

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

An oldie but a goodie.

Payne honestly does this "how's that global warming?" cartoon more often than anyone other cartoonist I can name, more than Ramirez.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

It really is impressive how the Telegraph always manages to piss me off in this specific way. It is always vapid; nothing that passes for commentary. It isn't satirical, it is not saying anything more complex than "I don't like this and you shouldn't either".

I think I've made this same loving comment before in this thread because I just hate this so much. gently caress this cartoon.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Also, challenge for The Lesser McCoy: Draw an image of a woman, any woman, that isn't a deeply mysoginystic scribble.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Im laughing really hard at this one
out of context it just reads as "PEOPLE BEING ABLE TO VOTE STOMPS ON MAH RIGHTS"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hihohe posted:

Im laughing really hard at this one
out of context it just reads as "PEOPLE BEING ABLE TO VOTE STOMPS ON MAH RIGHTS"

That is literally what he believes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

the_steve posted:

That is literally what he believes though.

I know its loving hilarious the amount of brainrot Ramirez has,

Freedom is tyranny!

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 11, 2022