Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
To everyone but Lee Majors, Fiz and other health care workers: how many things wrong do you spot in this clip:

https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/1480307202854375427?t=UDCI96Xd2s9r1i6ZYIwApA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

The most glaringly obvious thing to me is that the cuff was on upside down. The hose is supposed to be at the bottom by the crook of the elbow.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
That guy's apron is made of denim

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

To everyone but Lee Majors, Fiz and other health care workers: how many things wrong do you spot in this clip:

Not a single açai berry enema in sight smh

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

swickles posted:

https://twitter.com/DrOz/status/1480307202854375427?t=UDCI96Xd2s9r1i6ZYIwApA&s=19

https://twitter.com/ntoddpax/status/1480357369305395202

That joke always makes my medical field friends laugh

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
don't you typically roll up the patient's sleeve to do that

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My at-home blood pressure test says:
-it should be taken while sitting with arms in a specific position, not perched on a stool
-it should be taken while you are sitting quietly, not reading or watching TV or having a conversation
-even then the result can vary by a lot

All that said, that's just to get an accurate series for comparisons, I'm sure even putting the cuff on upside down while chatting while on a stool can tell you if someone's BP is way way too high, somewhat too high, OK, or somewhat/too low. Ballpark poo poo. It can't be much worse than those self-serve grocery store BP stations.

Also obviously they should be masked, and he should be disinfecting the cuff between uses, etc. so there's that bit

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

JPrime posted:

don't you typically roll up the patient's sleeve to do that

You dont have to usually unless there is a giant sweater or something in the way

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Just got to my covid test facility and lmao this line, I'm gonna be here forever.

Went to a similar place a few months ago prior to omicron and there would be like 1 person in front of me when I got here.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dr Phil isn’t there to confirm the diagnosis

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Despite my earlier shade about the enforcement of COVID protocols in my department, I will say the company overall has been good about making things available for those of us who need to be on-site. They do random testing twice a week with the non-rapid testing (PCR?), and we can go get tested on-site at any time (rapid I think).

I mean, they're doing it to keep us here and make sure we're building stockholder value, but...still, free tests whenever.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

There’s a drive up covid testing spot down the road from me that’s an old shut down “Holistic Health” clinic, but they still have all the signs up and everything. I assume everyone thinks they’re just making you sniff incense because there’s never more than two cars in line.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Holy cow, aspect of chiron on the bow with hangover on the special is absolutely broken. Especially if you get the two hammers for the special (+3 damage per consecutive hit and +3 shots)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My company doesn’t care about COVID. I’ve been mostly working from home since Omicron hit. Today we had a monthly meeting and on the video was a conference room full of a dozen maskless dudes.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

what does TFF think of Ruth Bader Ginsburg now that it's been a while?

love her because of her long history of leading the way, decisions, personality, etc.?

or hate her because of the way she went out on the court?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

pmchem posted:

love her because of her long history of leading the way, decisions, personality, etc.?

I hate her for glibly and naively allowing right wing fascists to take control of the court when it was completely in her power to stop it. As if it wasn't a big deal and her PERSONAL needs to feel important and keep working were more important than the future of the country. Self-absorption of the highest loving level, 100% clueless shitlib.

She also called national anthem protests against racism and racist policing/police murders 'dumb and disrespectful'. Nope, gently caress you Ruth.

She gets some credit for certain things she did on the court but overall her name makes me angry when it comes up, nothing else.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

pmchem posted:

She was racist and capitalist and her decisions reflected that.

She was not the progressive champion she is made to be, although in fairness she was technically more progressive than a lot of her contemporaries. But that’s indictment of the contemporaries more than praise of RGB.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

pmchem posted:

Did a lot for women's rights and for female representation in the legal/judiciary system, then jeopardized all of it out of hubris.

Also remember back in October when Katie Couric admitted to editing an interview with RBG to make her appear less racist

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

RBG kind of represents the Democratic Party really well. She got to write a lot of scathing dissents that ultimately meant nothing, then hung around too long and let conservatives take a massive lead in the courts.

Outside the courts, her personality at least seems to have inspired a lot of women to get into law, and politics, which is a good thing at least.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ruthkanda forever

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

ruthkanda forever

I'm not normally in favor of bullying children, but if I thought there was the smallest possibility that story was true, that kid deserved a swirly.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Skwirl posted:

I'm not normally in favor of bullying children, but if I thought there was the smallest possibility that story was true, that kid deserved a swirly.

We should bully the parent for the tweet

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My sister is an ED nurse and has been showing symptoms today. The hospital she works at hasn't been able to provide masks that pass the "fit test" and she was told they're sorry but that's all they had available. Cool, cool cool cool.

Skwirl posted:

Reminds me of all the bullshit twitter and reddit posts that came about after she kicked the bucket about "my five year old burst into tears on hearing the news".

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I hate the hagiography and weird cult that was built up around RGB since it makes an actual discussion about her rulings and ideas almost impossible to have. At least with Scalia you can break down his poo poo without someone getting offended by it. RGB herself inspired a lot of women to get involved in policy and law, which is fine and good in its own way and I hope we can get to a point where there can be a more nuanced reassesment of her ala Sandra Day O'Connor soon.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Five year olds are often invested in the lives of octogenarian judges and deeply plugged in to the political implications of their departures

Also I can't wait for Bernie to get blamed when the Rs take the white house in 2024 and Breyer dies in 2025

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

She was not the progressive champion she is made to be, although in fairness she was technically more progressive than a lot of her contemporaries. But that’s indictment of the contemporaries more than praise of RGB.

This is about where I’m at. The left has nothing to balance out the massively far-right judges and justices that make up the majority of the courts, so our flawed centrists are heroes by default, having done nothing to earn that title except for not being a total piece of poo poo.

And yeah, the whole ‘hubris dooming the US to annihilation’ thing, while also technically accurate, is more of an indictment of how insane it is that we’re sitting on a knife edge of getting dragged back to the 1920’s, socioeconomically, and the country is fine with that.

Also her passing and the Garland fiasco ripped away the last shred of cover that the Repubs weren’t hypocritical extremists, but the resulting lack of outrage or consequences set the stage for the high-octane ratcheting rightwards since then.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It was clear well before she died when Mitch said that if Hillary won they'd refuse to confirm anyone for her entire presidency

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Intruder posted:

Holy cow, aspect of chiron on the bow with hangover on the special is absolutely broken. Especially if you get the two hammers for the special (+3 damage per consecutive hit and +3 shots)

My favorite aspect by far. Flurry shot plus boosted special shot, along with Chaos +49% special, Aphrodite special boost, and Aphrodite legendary melted every boss very quickly

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

shirts and skins posted:

My favorite aspect by far. Flurry shot plus boosted special shot, along with Chaos +49% special, Aphrodite special boost, and Aphrodite legendary melted every boss very quickly

Got the shits in my last few runs because I was trying to go for hammers to get good perks on the rail and ended up with this dogshit build where its half zeus and some doom and some aphrodite. Ended up just chasing keys and darkness for a few of them instead of trying to finish.

I did fall rear end backwards into getting three of Hermes boons - the one that gives you 100% movement speed after dashing, damage based on movement speed and dash more times which combined with lightning on attack with the fists melted every boss and room in moments just chaining dashing and punching. I'm going to be chasing the high of that death dealing super build for a while I think.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm mad about the vagueness of the "advice and consent" clause. We all know perfectly well from constant experience that if you don't give a committee a hard deadline, they will dicker around forever. It's also just super dumb in general to think that any given Senate would not use its power to undermine a President of the opposite party by loving with their nominations. Also that you could get a nonpartisan judiciary by piping nomination and approval through partisan branches of the government.

I do not have a brilliant idea for how to actually get nonpartisan judges.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Supreme Court judges shouldn't serve for life, they should serve for 8 years each and get replaced on a staggered basis

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The solution is to have partisan judges, but the good party

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Leperflesh posted:

I do not have a brilliant idea for how to actually get nonpartisan judges.

I don't think 'non-partisan' is useful or achievable. 'Equally partisan' might be, though. Every President gets to nominate two justices per term. Advice and consent becomes "you need a two-thirds majority to veto a nomination". Justices can retire or whatever whenever they want - the Court expands or contracts automatically to fit in the new nominees.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Also the Supreme Court shouldn’t exist it’s nonsense

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Also the Supreme Court shouldn’t exist it’s nonsense

Having a top federal court seems like a normal idea though :confused:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Having a top federal court seems like a normal idea though :confused:

Depends on whether you see their role as to oversee the judiciary or wanna go full “overturn Marburg V Madison” and redefine their role in regard to the executive/legislative

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
What does TFF think about the potential resurgence of the 2014 'tumblr girl' aesthetic, as predicted by NYT fashion writers?

I'm not seeing it but I won't pretend like I was hanging out in Paris last fall or anything.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I have no clue what tumblr girl even is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

What does TFF think about the potential resurgence of the 2014 'tumblr girl' aesthetic, as predicted by NYT fashion writers?

I'm not seeing it but I won't pretend like I was hanging out in Paris last fall or anything.

No idea on this specific thing, but NYT fashion writers tend to write articles that are "three people talked to me about this in a SoHo bar, so it's definitely a nationwide trend."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It was in Vogue so I guess it has some legs. But Vogue obviously isn't a trend setter these days, mainly just reporting the news after it happened.