Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Let's do another.

I have a piece of art displayed in my room. I encourage you all to attempt to see it.

I want everyone to have plenty of time to view it, so I'll post a picture of the item in question Friday evening.

Godspeed and good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
someone posted a starter guide on how to set up your rv &/or open the astral gate :shrug:, whatever.

Someone pls repost it i've been having a lot of problems with search lately and i don't know how to astrally access the forums

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Do you think machine elves post on something awful

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

Do you think machine elves post on something awful

All of SNAKES N CAKES' posts in the original Dragon Age 2 thread were done by machine elves.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

this is appropriate for other threads, too, but thinking about all of the unexplained sightings people have mentioned here and elsewhere, I'm pretty determined to make an all-sky camera that anyone can put together in less than half an hour for less than US$50 and just set and forget. now i just have to play the waiting game on the lenses i ordered from aliexpress. I might have to custom make a few parts, so i would definitely do a limited run Bird Watchers edition.

ive recently cut down on my weed budget(bought a vape so i consume less) so ping me when you get it up and running and i'll buy a set.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

yeah i was taking a poo poo too.

You're all wrong enough that i would call it a comprehensive miss across the board:

The object i put in was this piece of dry orange peel. At best i guess nmh got closest, but it's still so vague as to not be uh "actionable." Still a miss, but much closer, enough that it's kinda wierd.

BUT! Riot bimbo posted this:

lettuce zoom out

Hm, we did get some keyword yellow hits, coincidentally that green cup has some seeds in it, bla bla bla. Imo still no hits. I think that riot bimbo's submission is detailed enough to analyze it "adversarially" and build a case claiming non-psi leakage or cold reading or something.

Okay I'm calling you out, I was kind of correct. I didn't actually see a hole in the shape i saw and kind of translated it into a hair tie, but it was an uneven round shape(as an explosion expanding) that was fire-like in color. :colbert:

I saw it but didnt understand what it was!

(Only crux is i might have seen it before you started the RV challenge. BUT DOES THAT REALLY MATTER? also couldve been time difference as Im in europe and I mightve seen it AS YOU WERE POSTING but I don't have time to check timestamps now, gotta run)

quick edit; I'm declaring this INCONCLUSIVE on the basis of "I know what I saw".

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah I mentioned you as pretty close but still calling it a miss. I'll believe in rvs when I see some hard hits that could give actionable info & not justified after the fact mumbo jumbo some brain genius says is a "perfect" "match" like the vid CIA guy.

I put the peel in directly before posting the experiment.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Yeah I mentioned you as pretty close but still calling it a miss. I'll believe in rvs when I see some hard hits that could give actionable info & not justified after the fact mumbo jumbo some brain genius says is a "perfect" "match" like the vid CIA guy.

i thought about it as i went to sleep but then had a quite vivid dream about discovering body parts and a murder scene under a house and thought that would be a bit of a bummer to post and you probably didnt put them there anyway

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

sudjana kerton saw some drat birds

i know from my own experience that things felt off before the cigar sighting and became even more surreal during it like its presence extended beyond the physical

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

your dresser contains...a taliban wedding???

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Demilich posted:

Let's do another.

I have a piece of art displayed in my room. I encourage you all to attempt to see it.

I want everyone to have plenty of time to view it, so I'll post a picture of the item in question Friday evening.

Godspeed and good luck.

it's a twoday Trump block print

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Demilich posted:

Let's do another.

Godspeed and good luck.

I hope this is some sort of tangible object and not some abstract form on canvas/paper

I'll give it a go later when I'm not sleep deprived

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Lol fair enough, i missed that post apparently my bad. Honestly mostly saw a chance to use my favorite phrase in all of ufology; I know what I saw.

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 18:31 on Jan 11, 2022

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'm not into the psychic stuff at all but couldn't help but take a quick guess just before the reveal.

There's no way to prove this obviously since I didn't post but I did think of an orange, and then immediately had the thought that they'd never have picked that since it wouldn't keep for the duration of the exercise. haha.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I'm not into the psychic stuff at all but couldn't help but take a quick guess just before the reveal.

There's no way to prove this obviously since I didn't post but I did think of an orange, and then immediately had the thought that they'd never have picked that since it wouldn't keep for the duration of the exercise. haha.

its an interesting thing though, like u had it but didnt trust it cos honestly why would u?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i also feel the need to express Murali love lol
dude can make a cricket ball behave like a bird

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
What's the link between all this psychic stuff and UFOs? Sounds fun, but it just doesn't grab my interest as much as overanalysing shaky videos of balloons and drones. To be clear, I'm not pooh-poohing the discussion, I just want to know enough to follow it!

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i cant speak for anyone else but for me it seems the craft themselves and maybe the beings, if any, operating them can work/attack/manuever on some of those fuzzy psychic levels.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

Chris Pistols posted:

What's the link between all this psychic stuff and UFOs? Sounds fun, but it just doesn't grab my interest as much as overanalysing shaky videos of balloons and drones. To be clear, I'm not pooh-poohing the discussion, I just want to know enough to follow it!

There's no good new UFO footage so instead we get to speculate that the hypothetical ETs might also be hypothetically psychic and they are hypothetically also chilling with allah on the astral plane.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah uaps supposedly have a psychotronic aspect where they're able to not only modify the nukes and target locks but the mental state of humans, possibly thru esp maybe psi is real or some poo poo. A lot of reports have people get weird emotions or missing time or whatever, it'd be interesting to see if that's held up in the uap era with pilots getting zonked out or anything.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

yeah uaps supposedly have a psychotronic aspect where they're able to not only modify the nukes and target locks but the mental state of humans, possibly thru esp maybe psi is real or some poo poo. A lot of reports have people get weird emotions or missing time or whatever, it'd be interesting to see if that's held up in the uap era with pilots getting zonked out or anything.

that would be the top secret :tinylue: poo poo
those pilots wear suits monitoring all sorts of things, biometric data in the presence of a bird would be all kinds of interesting

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I mean even our primitive science can induce sensations and feelings by jabbing some electricity at the right places.
Assuming that at least most of sensory experiences are an interplay of meat and electricity, it not unreasonable to assume a sufficiently intelligent species figuring out how to gently caress with the meat and currents

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tekne posted:

sudjana kerton saw some drat birds

i know from my own experience that things felt off before the cigar sighting and became even more surreal during it like its presence extended beyond the physical

Could you expand on how things felt off beforehand, and/or surreal when it appeared?

Sorry, I'm doing the thing where I really want as much detail and, I dunno, "flavour", as possible, but that's only because it's so cool to speak directly, one on one, with someone who saw something.

(I could post on reddit but gently caress That)

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i wish this thread were in the cool come and go lounge bar that i imagine it is, face to face nice vibe say whatver kick back and unravel the secrets sorta place

u ask nice questions Barry and imo u dont need to apologise for them all the time

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Sleekly posted:

i wish this thread were in the cool come and go lounge bar that i imagine it is, face to face nice vibe say whatver kick back and unravel the secrets sorta place

u ask nice questions Barry and imo u dont need to apologise for them all the time

aitee thread posters hanging around ten forward, smiling and offering a drink to anyone who wanders in, until the collective psychic net senses a NDT brain walking in and posting phasers are set to kill

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dang on the rv experiment. I gotta say i like trying even if it's totally bunk. Worst case letting the subliminal mind have a go at drawing intuitive guesses is fun; if theres anything more to it (i still regard this as likely) it's even cooler

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Riot Bimbo posted:

Dang on the rv experiment. I gotta say i like trying even if it's totally bunk. Worst case letting the subliminal mind have a go at drawing intuitive guesses is fun; if theres anything more to it (i still regard this as likely) it's even cooler

Me too, I don't particularly buy it but at the same time, being wrong would be incredibly awesome. People come a lot closer on some of these than I'd imagine pure random chance would suggest they could but maybe the statistical chances of guessing random objects in drawers are also unintuitively high or something

you have nothing to lose but your chains

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
if you’re not unintuitively high you’re reading this thread wrong imo

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Cannabinoid lib(er)ation

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Sleekly posted:

Ahh thanks!

I'm trying to be less apologetic in general so thank you for pointing it out, it's genuinely helpful

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

approaching RV from an actual miltary POV I feel like some sort of solid reference would help and is likely something the spies provided their viewers

"here is a map of Iran, here are the sattelite pics, we really really have a burning need to know whats in buildings A, B and C. here is another map showing you and the targets waaaay over there"

burd threads goes at this could have latched onto anyone putting anything anywhere instead of the actual target

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Yeah, the last time this thread did anything I read the post and immediately thought of a spoon, but didn't post because the whole thing seems insane. Then it turned out to be a fork or something, so I've been paying attention here.

I do think that more info on these would be helpful in running these experiments without them being random guesswork,.time, place, general location, etc., but I don't understand even the theory on how this is supposed to work.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Thanks for your answers, thread!

Sleekly posted:

This is exactly how I picture the thread and am just glad to be here.

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

Rah! posted:

The other night i had a very vivid dream where i had to sneak into a skyscraper in the middle of the night, to secretly retrieve something from an office. It was on floor 19 but the elevator went to floor 24 instead. so i tried to go to 19 again, and instead the elevator went back to the lobby...and then right when it was about to stop it fell, for like 20 stories, into a secret underground ...base? :tinfoil:

Then i hit the ground and woke up. Last night i wanted to return and explore that creepy underground place, and when i woke up i did feel like i had done something memorable in a dream, but I couldn't remember what.

stop playing with my mind radar

whats in the base

is 19 the real aitee

is tupac really dead

That sounds like this series of creepypastas, specially the one in the washington monument (2nd video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvDJ-Ie1RlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7moFtXKH44

You returned to the nixon universe.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

no

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 15:26 on Mar 4, 2022

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Whoever wants to run the next experiment (I would but it’s too cold to go outside and do my idea so later maybe). Setup your target, then do your best imitation of calming and centering yourself however that looks, and write down a random 6 number digit while looking at your target. Come back here and give just that 6 digit number and see what the RV crew can cough up meditating on your number.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Sleekly posted:

i also feel the need to express Murali love lol
dude can make a cricket ball behave like a bird

You think Radar is a spinner?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Sleekly posted:

that would be the top secret :tinylue: poo poo
those pilots wear suits monitoring all sorts of things, biometric data in the presence of a bird would be all kinds of interesting

"Sir, another UAP"

"Status on Maverick?"

"Hard on again, sir."

"Dammit!"

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

at least there were seeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If we do another experiment lets do this for real. I am not sure we can organize a double blind esp. not with low to middling effort, but we can up our game a bit and discuss interference reduction in procedure and set up multiple targets with unique objects/settings with different users, to be set up according to agreed procedure. Someone that is not participating besides can assign objects to volunteer setters?

Using an example type we should not use: A pencil between two candles in a cupboard.

Some degree of setting detail is needed, but it cannot bias the object. In this case, would describing the exterior be ok? Pictures of said? Maybe even the room, or house if goons are comfortable with that (probably a bad idea tbh)

Just throwing it out there