Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I watched a few episodes of Gemstones season 1 and it never clicked with me. Not really a huge mcbride fan either.

It does look pretty funny and good tho I don’t know why I am not more interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

priznat posted:

I watched a few episodes of Gemstones season 1 and it never clicked with me. Not really a huge mcbride fan either.

It does look pretty funny and good tho I don’t know why I am not more interested.

That's a shame. I love all the Green/Hill/McBride collaborations. It's hilarious hosed up poo poo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

That's a shame. I love all the Green/Hill/McBride collaborations. It's hilarious hosed up poo poo.

I tried to like it and same with Eastbound and Down I just don’t get it, maybe.

Need to watch the new Toast of Tinseltown with Matt Berry tho, he’s hilarious.

Ultra
Dec 30, 2004

Oh no.
I was thinking the other day about Tiger King. The first season came out at the perfect time, right when the lockdowns were happening and people wanted some sort of escape. It was hard not to hear about that show.

The second season came out recently, and I haven't heard a single word about it. Just crazy.

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
https://twitter.com/swimpedia/status/1480430758636445699

While you guys are waiting for the first RLM video of the year to come out, the first season of Smiling Friends featuring Mike came out.

Driftingmouse fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 11, 2022

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

serious question...

do you think that maybe John Goodman got like a skin surgery or something on his gullet after he lost weight?

It seems weird to me watching him in The Righteous Gemstones and he has those double lines connecting his neck to chin like he's old and has loose skin, but they seem to disappear under his actual chin making me think it was either lucky or cosmetic surgery?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ultra posted:

I was thinking the other day about Tiger King. The first season came out at the perfect time, right when the lockdowns were happening and people wanted some sort of escape. It was hard not to hear about that show.

The second season came out recently, and I haven't heard a single word about it. Just crazy.

I saw 1.5 episodes of Tiger King and checked out because everyone involved seemed to be horrible people and I couldn't understand why this was the most popular thing on TV, even for realityTV standards, the subjects seemed trash. Not "weird but endearing", just bad people

Except the lady who lost her arm and still liked to work with big cats, she didn't seem evil, just dumb

At least Squid Game had an interesting premise

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That was a crazy month or whatever, people wouldn't shut up about that trash like it was the Sopranos back in the day.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i watched season 2 of tiger king with a buddy in my bubble... it starts slow but gets pretty crazy if you can last a few episodes...

we binged it over a couple of weed sessions and if I recall correctly it gets pretty nuts towards the second half of season 2.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The whole premise to tiger king sounded like d tier reality tv slash true crime crap and I hate all that stuff so avoided it altogether.

Remember previous to that there was a short lived craze about the netflix doc that had some idiot kid who confessed to a murder in his uncles junkyard or something, these kind of true crime things are such flash in the pans.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

its all nice on rice posted:

Saw Macbeth. Denzel is great. The stapler guy from office space was in it for about 45 seconds. Dudley from Harry Potter is in there too.
The witches were really well done.

i really want to see this! glad to hear it's enjoyable!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

priznat posted:

The whole premise to tiger king sounded like d tier reality tv slash true crime crap and I hate all that stuff so avoided it altogether.

Remember previous to that there was a short lived craze about the netflix doc that had some idiot kid who confessed to a murder in his uncles junkyard or something, these kind of true crime things are such flash in the pans.

Tiger king starts out slow as if they were a poo poo reality show but it gets a little bit crazier each episode and before you know it you get seized in it and want to find out what happened.

Season 2 was seriously nuts if you can finish the first episode or two.

I know I sound like an MMO recruiter lol but it won't take 40 hours of grind to watch 3 or 4 episodes

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Driftingmouse posted:

https://twitter.com/swimpedia/status/1480430758636445699

While you guys are waiting for the first RLM video of the year to come out, the first season of Smiling Friends featuring Mike came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_n9-K2FzQ

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Wendigee posted:

Tiger king starts out slow as if they were a poo poo reality show but it gets a little bit crazier each episode and before you know it you get seized in it and want to find out what happened.

Season 2 was seriously nuts if you can finish the first episode or two.

I know I sound like an MMO recruiter lol but it won't take 40 hours of grind to watch 3 or 4 episodes

Why don't you just spoiler it for me, I haven't been bothered to watch s1.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

WampaLord posted:

Betty White was the third of John Madden and Harry Reid

The new trio is Saget, Poitier, and this rear end in a top hat:

Yer right. Maybe 2022 will be another year when all the celebs die.

Mike better watch out.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Smiling friends seems pretty good. Perhaps the best RLM content since psycho goreman

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

stephenthinkpad posted:

Why don't you just spoiler it for me, I haven't been bothered to watch s1.

One of the awful people got into a fight with the feds and went on the lam.

Also they blamed Tiger King not getting pardoned on the capitol riot.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Imagine having a “documentary” series released about you that purposely omits and misrepresents facts to make it seem like you killed your husband so you can be a compelling tv villain, and then the whole world hates you and launches a campaign to get the guy who ordered a hit on you out of jail

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ok, i'm imagining that, what now

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

priznat posted:

Righteous Gemstones had an amazing first season, and it had some really great moments of peeking into the weird parallel culture that exists among the Evangelical crowd. I think McBride kinda McBride-ed all over the scripts, though, and you can practically hear his mind going "okay now here's we're gonna throw in some titties and cursing and poo poo". And so far, it seems like it's gotten worse in the second season. It's a lot more cartoon-y right out of the gate, and I don't know if I'll want to follow where it is going.

That said, the God Squad was loving hilarious, and I might stick around just to see where they take that story.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Apparently Guillermo del Toro's latest movie is a good one and yet it's dying at the cinema, lowest box office of his career

Coming out opposite the Spider Men was a bad idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B77kS-jzTqs

Maybe it needed more CG :negative:

It sucks so much that Prometheus killed his At the Mountains of Madness.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Waltzing Along posted:

Yer right. Maybe 2022 will be another year when all the celebs die.

Mike better watch out.

every year there are more globally famous people turning Old As gently caress so i figure they're just going to keep coming quicker and quicker forever op

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

No Mods No Masters posted:

Smiling friends seems pretty good. Perhaps the best RLM content since psycho goreman

I've been watching Zach Hadel's stuff ever since he and Chris O'Neil started making weird videos a decade ago so its jarring but hilarious watching Smiling Friends and catching cameos by a bunch of youtubers or callbacks to stuff like hellbenders or Leo and Satan.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Luckily while Adam Sandler will surely die one of these years his hit CGI character 'dad' in Hotel Transylvania will live on forever.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

I've been watching Zach Hadel's stuff ever since he and Chris O'Neil started making weird videos a decade ago so its jarring but hilarious watching Smiling Friends and catching cameos by a bunch of youtubers or callbacks to stuff like hellbenders or Leo and Satan.

I saw the clip of Mike on the show before I'd ever heard of OneyPlays and then found out the funniest guy with the weird voice made the show.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I didn't bother with Tiger King because I already live in central Florida, nothing in it is a surprise for this shithole.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Azubah posted:

I didn't bother with Tiger King because I already live in central Florida, nothing in it is a surprise for this shithole.

I also lived in FL for a few years before moving back up north, and I agree. You don't need to watch a show like that when you can see the exact same type of people at the gas station or wherever. Winter sucks up here to be sure, but I'll take a bunch of snow and cold over living in FL any day.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
https://i.imgur.com/E0iaHsk.mp4

The Righteous Gemstones S02E02

This one was quite a bit shorter than the first episode. Bit of a slow one, mostly setup and then BOOM poo poo hits the fan, which caught me quite by surprise. Love John Goodman's facial expressions when his daughter accuses him of loving that old man.

"Ya'll are hanging out here bein' rough with each other like grizzly bears doin' donkey punches, tusslin' each other, gettin' each other hard!"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Does Florida attract weirdos, or does it create weirdos?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Final trailer? This is the first time I've heard of any trailer.

https://twitter.com/ScreamMovies/status/1480902332204212228?s=20

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

Does Florida attract weirdos, or does it create weirdos?

Yes.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

I saw Scary Movie 20 years before ever seeing Scream, thinking it was brilliant.

Now I realize Scary Movie is just the exact screenplay of Scream with margin notes written by the weird kid in 6th grade.

Int. House: The killer creeps menacingly, stalking his prey AND THEN PENIS

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Mr Alleyway and I recently watched Scary Movie and Scary Movie 2. The second one is borderline unwatchable in comparison to the first one which has actual Naked Gun style jokes and punchlines in it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Iirc the director's kids wrote the first scary movie and they actually tried and stuff but after that they knew they had a hit so they pretty much did whatever the gently caress and it worked three times.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I think the Scream movies are woefully underappreciated, and might have the highest consistent quality of any slasher franchise.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Mr Alleyway and I recently watched Scary Movie and Scary Movie 2. The second one is borderline unwatchable in comparison to the first one which has actual Naked Gun style jokes and punchlines in it.

Scary Movie 3 rebounds a bit in the quality department, and might have the single best gag in film history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6_5rBUuvhU&hd=1

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

rydiafan posted:

the single best gag in film history.

https://i.imgur.com/oNScKgm.mp4

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Scream 2 I'll defend but Scream 3 is just too messy.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

rydiafan posted:

I think the Scream movies are woefully underappreciated, and might have the highest consistent quality of any slasher franchise.

Scary Movie 3 rebounds a bit in the quality department, and might have the single best gag in film history.

Scary Movie 3 and 4 were both from the guy who wrote the HBO show Chernobyl. High pedigree there.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

rydiafan posted:

i thought you were going to post the fingerpiss scene but this is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

reignofevil posted:

Scream 2 I'll defend but Scream 3 is just too messy.

It is the worst in the series, but compare its quality to the "worst in the series" of F13, Halloween, and NoES.