Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Shrapnig posted:

Then why is he going to Celtic?

Top ten European league m8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

he's good, OP.

Tell me more

quote:

That's not a footballer, that's a villain in a country and western song.

It's a name meant to be said in an old timey prospectors voice.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Her Dryer posted:

Tell me more

he was the bright spark in a very very bad birmingham team.

he's probably gona smash the SPL tbh

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Diego Costa out at Atletico Mineiro, Diego Godin in.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Riley McGree is also a character in a shel silverstein poem

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1480906089143037958?s=20

Surprised that he'd stick around to try and get a start under yet another manager after Ole convinced him to stay and then never played him. Amazed he's 29 already though, you'd think this would be his last big contract

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

If Spurs want to buy him now for a big fat transfer fee instead of letting him sign for free in the summer that'd be great.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Notable big spenders Tottenham Hotspur

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
City have loaned out a kid to Stoke

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1480955809802641410

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Is it a requirement for young English players to have double barrelled surnames now?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

Is it a requirement for young English players to have double barrelled surnames now?

There's a quota, not everyone has to but you need 10 surnames for ever 7 young english players.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

I think it's kids whose parents didn't marry.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jippa posted:

I think it's kids whose parents didn't marry.

Broken (home) Britain

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Excited for Taylor Hardwood-Balls

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
excellent signing imo

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1480973653135310850?s=20

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
thats sensible, thats no fun at all, bring back that lunatic who played for southampton and headbutted a teammate and then quit football to start a rock and roll band just because the saudis can afford him

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Haven't seen much of wood since he went to Burnley but he was extremely good at Leeds and will score exactly as many goals as needed to avoid relegation

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Selling one of your forwards and primary goal-scoring threats in a small squad to a relegation rival doesn't seem to be a great idea for Burnley but what do i know, i don't eat worms

sticksy fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 11, 2022

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jose posted:

excellent signing imo

Sensible in that he's decent and in that it's really crippling to a relegation rival

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
He must have asked for a move surely otherwise thats bielsa levels of playing on hard mode for no reason

Speaking of which Leeds signed a toddler from Spain for the under 23s and no one else. Raphinhas still here though

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

He must have asked for a move surely otherwise thats bielsa levels of playing on hard mode for no reason

Rumour on the reddits is that he has a release clause, and his agent who's also Kieran Trippier's agent tipped Newcastle off about it

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Phwoar

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1480995499092160519

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

I still lol every time I think of how Albion could’ve had the striker the Facebook contingent has wanted for a decade in Chris wood but he was absolutely wasted by poo poo management

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

TheRat posted:

Rumour on the reddits is that he has a release clause, and his agent who's also Kieran Trippier's agent tipped Newcastle off about it

It was £25m and he'll surely get a huge pay increase at the tail end of his career

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

Bumps up the cost of the personalised shirts, Nike have been forcibly renaming kids for years now.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

He's gonna light up the Championship next season, that's for sure.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

wow they really did it

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

vyelkin posted:

wow they really did it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

wow they really did it

Bailing out Barcelona should be a crime imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He's gonna light up the Championship next season, that's for sure.

exactly. excellent signing

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
But Newcastle already have Dwight Gayle

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

seems designed to undermine Burnleys chances of staying up more than anything imo, a cheating at championship manager level transfer

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two posted:

But Newcastle already have Dwight Gayle

Dwight Gayle is made of glass though and has barely featured in like 2 years

TimeWaster
Nov 1, 2011
How will Burnley ever cope without their main threat, striker Chris Wood, who has scored 3 goals in 17 appearances?

Seems like Newcastle gain nothing and Burnley lose nothing.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
One would assume they're more interested in the 12 and 14 goals he scored in previous seasons rather than this one where Burnley are stinking the place out. If you make chances for him he'll put them away (see 2016/17 when Hernandez and kemar roofe were pinging them into him all season and he finished with like 30 goals)

If nothing else he's presumably aware there's a chance that Newcastle go down and he's proved he can do it in the championship

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Dwight Gayle is made of glass though and has barely featured in like 2 years

He always features in my heart

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

wonder if west ham will finally sign a backup for antonio or just buy yet another attacking midfielder who is a bit worse than lanzini

Moyes will stick with his strategy of taking misfiring wingers and converting them into strikers.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/Boro/status/1481219421196767239

balogun to boro on a loan is a DONE DEAL

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is he any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Bape Culture posted:

Is he any good?

on one hand he's from arsenal so he's probably shite.

otoh he is the youth division all time top scorer and he's gona be getting sick crosses from isiah jones and defense splitting passes from matt crooks.