Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I think this happened to me in the first iPad release. The fake cm punk died of an overdose in my first year of a career mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think the hardest I ever laughed for something scripted at an MDickie game nL streamed was the time their character was feuding with Stephanie, and HHH (with Stephanie with him) offered to sell them steroids, which they accepted, and then a week later after the check cleared HHH and Stephanie took them to the office and were like "so I heard you've been taking steroids" and fined them more than the steroids they'd just sold them cost

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

I think the hardest I ever laughed for something scripted at an MDickie game nL streamed was the time their character was feuding with Stephanie, and HHH (with Stephanie with him) offered to sell them steroids, which they accepted, and then a week later after the check cleared HHH and Stephanie took them to the office and were like "so I heard you've been taking steroids" and fined them more than the steroids they'd just sold them cost

I had a similar thing happen in my booking career where Bob Backlund wants a match against Fabulous Moolah for some reason. I figure "why not?" And agree to his request. The very next week he shows up drunk, which is also the week the match is autobooked as the main event. Cue the 2011 Victory Road ending :v:

Still not as hilarious as Bobby Eaton with a broken neck inserting himself into a Women's Championship match halfway through a schmozz of an invasion and taking the pinfall.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 11, 2022

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Chris James 2 posted:

Even better: a month later HHH hits them up for money

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

the nL video for "how fast can we bankrupt our fed" made me choke with laughter: Offering Scott Steiner a "nepotism" contract and then firing Rick right away. Seeing Roman Reigns interrupt a match with a glock. Edge developing disassociative identity disorder wherein he kept referring to himself in the 3rd person as being afraid after every match. D'lo Brown's manager adventures. The booking manager mode just makes some wrestlers go loving insane with no reasons and it's amazing.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
AEW game should implement all those features.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kennel posted:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

DLC Inc posted:

the nL video for "how fast can we bankrupt our fed" made me choke with laughter: Offering Scott Steiner a "nepotism" contract and then firing Rick right away. Seeing Roman Reigns interrupt a match with a glock. Edge developing disassociative identity disorder wherein he kept referring to himself in the 3rd person as being afraid after every match. D'lo Brown's manager adventures. The booking manager mode just makes some wrestlers go loving insane with no reasons and it's amazing.

My favorite part was since they were playing as JR they decided to roleplay and had him sign Dr Death Steve Williams for the maximum amount of money the game allows which meant any time they booked him it would instantly bankrupt the company

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
And then they booked him.

It was a good session.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kennel posted:

Tony I know you're listening, get mDickie to do your career mode. Also do those storylines on tv.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
It's kinda crass to joke about but AEW did basically do the MDickie tribute show after Brodie died, and it ruled.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Malcolm Excellent posted:

It's kinda crass to joke about but AEW did basically do the MDickie tribute show after Brodie died, and it ruled.

Cannot recall Brody running in and dying again due to mine damage

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's not a real MDickie tribute show unless you book the person who killed the deceased and at least one more person dies during said tribute show

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Today's rumble: officially not a coward.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Snacksmaniac posted:

I think this happened to me in the first iPad release. The fake cm punk died of an overdose in my first year of a career mode.

I think that everyone that has played EWR had CM Punk go to rehab as well.

edit: Hell yeah my dudes, Mpire Remix in the rumblethon tomorrow.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 12, 2022

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Cole, Kingston, Uno and Ortiz will be playing Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 on stream at noon

https://twitter.com/eviluno/status/1481302916761796615?s=21

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dacap posted:

Cole, Kingston, Uno and Ortiz will be playing Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 on stream at noon

why do I have so many work calls today :negative:

This would be such a fun thing to have on in the background. Hopefully it gets archived!

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Eddie's really having a blast.

"It's an AEW match, it's never too early for a finisher."

"Shawn Michaels is your favorite wrestler? Don't you have him in your phone? Call him, we'll do some real Forbidden Door poo poo here!"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Ganso Bomb posted:

why do I have so many work calls today :negative:

This would be such a fun thing to have on in the background. Hopefully it gets archived!

Yo big shout-out to Brazil, what up?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Eddie didn’t know Fozzy was a real band and thought it was a joke like Spinal Tap lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dacap posted:

Eddie didn’t know Fozzy was a real band and thought it was a joke like Spinal Tap lol

It was initially, at least. It's still a joke to most people.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

"I made Dean Malenko in this game and played him. Easy to make him and Eddie and... I don't know that I can mention the other guy's name. 'Their friend.'"

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

God drat that was a fun stream

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Eddie rocks, they should let him stream on the AEW games twitch on Mondays to counter program Raw

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

neoaxd posted:

God drat that was a fun stream

I can't imagine how bad your brainworms have to be to see these guys going on Twitch and being so fun and personable and enjoying poo poo and think "NO, OUR WRESTLERS CAN'T DO THIS!"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they can do it but they better not make any money from it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dacap posted:

My buddy got super mad the other day because I thought this about the band Yes.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dacap posted:

Initially, that's what it basically was. The story was that Fozzy had written all the 80s hairmetal hits, but due to bad management, they were tricked into signing a contract that kept them restricted to Japan for 20 years, while everyone else got popular world wide singing their songs. That's were Jericho's character "Moongoose McQueen" came from. He was the lead singer, who just happened to bear an uncanny likeness to Chris Jericho.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

they can do it but they better not make give Vince a juicy cut of any money from it

bartok
May 10, 2006

Saw Fozzy at a music festival nearly decade ago and the only way I can describe it is Steel Panther if they weren't in on the joke.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rumblethon #13: ECW Hardcore Revolution

Man, that's a finals where I'm happy with who won, even though the other guy really should have pulled it off.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gavok posted:

Rumblethon #13: ECW Hardcore Revolution

Man, that's a finals where I'm happy with who won, even though the other guy really should have pulled it off.

now I haven't memorized the winners of every rumble in the rumblethon history but i feel like the winners of the ECW games are always disappointing because they all also appear in other WWE games

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
That was fun. All the outfits in that game are the exact ones used for the ECW figures, forgot how much I love the original Corino gear.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

How hard is it to get the Steam version of Wrestling Empire to have all the real names and real promotions? I'm not always good enough with wrestling history to just know.

It looks like there is a save file you can swap out but it might be out of date..

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Out of date is relative because the game came out last year.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Chinook posted:

How hard is it to get the Steam version of Wrestling Empire to have all the real names and real promotions? I'm not always good enough with wrestling history to just know.

It looks like there is a save file you can swap out but it might be out of date..

How much free time have you got?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UGVkldTtLHn-eISChpJKbokxe4dubnkAhpa1k6GWnQU/htmlview#gid=0

Can’t do anything manually about the promotions though. That’s mod country.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Dacap posted:

the real best AKI wrestling game. super finishers were the greatest and I miss them. I was stupid lucky to actually find a copy at a local store when i was but a small youth.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Here's the reminder the play VPW 2: freem edition. Its basically VPW 2.5 and the definitive AKI ish.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Playing Wrestling Empire is just making me realize how good Fire Pro is. The only thing that's keeping me from refunding is hoping the booking/wrestling modes are goofy fun that will last. The fighting suuuucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Chinook posted:

Playing Wrestling Empire is just making me realize how good Fire Pro is. The only thing that's keeping me from refunding is hoping the booking/wrestling modes are goofy fun that will last. The fighting suuuucks

The actual wrestling in Wrestling Empire is janky nonsense but it eventually clicked with me, and it's actually pretty fun once it did.

Besides what other wrestling game allows me to set up the dumbest death match spots ever only to be screwed over by the computer flinging me through the pile of death I just built up?

The janky combat is just the icing on the insanity cake that is Wrestling Empire and I love it.