Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Badger of Basra posted:

it's insanely hosed up that all of these are locked to DOH and so are unglammable. the GSM one is a pirate outfit

DoH/L sets have always been a weird thing for me. So many of them over the years look so drat good, but I'm never not going to just have a single DoH set and a single DoL set. No reason for me to have 11 sets of gear when I can just have two. I wish the gap between melding scrip gear and melded crafted gear wasn't so large so people would have a reason to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Something to look forward to trying to then! I’m currently 3/7 to get all my crafting jobs to 90. I’ve done GSM, CRP and CUL. Is there a particular one I should focus on next?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there a way to filter PF by a subset of the dungeons? It's annoying to dig through 50 savage raid entries to find an EX1 or 2.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
You can specify an exact trial, but not a subset.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Something to look forward to trying to then! I’m currently 3/7 to get all my crafting jobs to 90. I’ve done GSM, CRP and CUL. Is there a particular one I should focus on next?

If you have CRP at 90, you can do the RHS crafting accessories right now, though they only are worth a few CP since they're partially cancelled out by handsaint CP bonus.
LHS crafting gear will be WVR and LTW. Tools/secondary tools mostly BSM with some exceptions.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I do wish the crafter glams had some lvl 1 generic class equivalents to make. Hell, have them be in the grand finale recipe book for that expansion with treasure map materials if you want, just let them be available.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mordiceius posted:

DoH/L sets have always been a weird thing for me. So many of them over the years look so drat good, but I'm never not going to just have a single DoH set and a single DoL set. No reason for me to have 11 sets of gear when I can just have two. I wish the gap between melding scrip gear and melded crafted gear wasn't so large so people would have a reason to use it.

My problem with DoH/DoL specific sets is we only have 15 glamour plates to work with. That's just not enough to split between 11 crafting/gathering jobs and 20 combat jobs. :(

derra
Dec 29, 2012
A lot of your income from gathering is selling materia you make spritbinding while hitting legendary nodes. IIRC the purple scrip gear has NO materia slots?

It's a trap. Get a 560 set and overmeld it. You can do this incredibly cheaply, it doesn't matter WHAT materia's in there, just meld as much as you can. Put in decent gathering materia in the guaranteed slots and the first overmeld, if you have it, then just put in rank 1 piety or whatever, literally ANYTHING, to pentameld to get that sweet sweet spiritbond bonus. You could even do Ixal dailies to get a bunch of low level gathering materia if you're so inclined.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I didn't pentameld my tools, but I can 1-button macro HQ grade 6 tinctures without food or buffs. I need HQ alkahests for this, but each synth produces 3 so that's not so bad. I've been churning out a lot of tinctures. With potent spiritbonding potions to make more materia.

W.T. Fits posted:

My problem with DoH/DoL specific sets is we only have 15 glamour plates to work with. That's just not enough to split between 11 crafting/gathering jobs and 20 combat jobs. :(

Definitely. This is primarily why I don't bother with collecting scrip gear for glamour purposes. My glamour dresser is full and my plates are all in use.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

derra posted:

A lot of your income from gathering is selling materia you make spritbinding while hitting legendary nodes. IIRC the purple scrip gear has NO materia slots?

It's a trap. Get a 560 set and overmeld it. You can do this incredibly cheaply, it doesn't matter WHAT materia's in there, just meld as much as you can. Put in decent gathering materia in the guaranteed slots and the first overmeld, if you have it, then just put in rank 1 piety or whatever, literally ANYTHING, to pentameld to get that sweet sweet spiritbond bonus. You could even do Ixal dailies to get a bunch of low level gathering materia if you're so inclined.

Hmm maybe I will do this

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Coeurl Marx posted:

So I've been kind of thinking that savage raiding is something I'd like to finally try out in endwalker, and my best friend might be interested in joining me. Pugging through party finder sounds like it'd be an absolutely miserable experience though, how does one go about finding a static (that isn't filled with shitheads)? I know I've seen people looking for them in party finder, and I saw a subreddit dedicated to it, but I figured I'd ask how you all would recommend going about it. I'm sure the fact that I'm in love with playing reaper will really not be doing me any favors.

I recommend pugging the extremes through partyfinder to get into the groove of it. It might be a bit of a pain finding a learning group because most of the good players have moved on to savage now, but once you have done that you can do the same thing for the savage fights. The first savage boss is about as easy it just has more personal responsibility mechanics.

Immediately joining a static with people you don't know when you aren't used to doing hard content seems like it would be awkward to me.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

derra posted:

Also, don't neglect the bonus spiritbond potions/food/FC buffs out there. I'm told that gatherers cap out at +5, so you can just swig an HQ Potent Spiritbond Potion and be at the cap easily.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
I think recommended for this is getting 2990 perception which is not particularly difficult (necessary for gathering the legendary mats) then trying to get close to 900 GP so you can use the extra gathering attempt 3 times per legendary node. Spiritbond gain is per hit, so hitting more frequently is desired.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
2990 to be able to gather the rarer items from the nodes, 864GP is all you need, and that is after food.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I like 900 to Scrutiny > Meticulous 3 times and then do the extra gathering attempt one. Then again I am brand new to gathering so I might be doing it wrong. :v:

derra
Dec 29, 2012
That's collectibles, we're talking about legendary mats which are just whack-a-node.

Also if your gear is decent you should only need to scrutiny -> meticulous twice, then react for the third one based upon procs. 700 GP is what I spend.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Is it really better to just get an extra hit three times vs max your Boon chance, extra item per boon, yield +2, and one (+1) hit? Unless spiritbond is your entire concern, which feels bizarre to me since I'm used to gathering materia cratering in MB value super fast every expansion.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Correct me if I've been doing it wrong, but for collectables I've been using food to get to 900 GP so I can just spam Meticulous Appraisal until at target collectability, and using Ageless Words/Solid Reason three times as needed to get extra hits/extra yield. Scrutiny just doesn't seem as good as using Ageless/Solid now that they have a flat 50% chance to double.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 11, 2022

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Huh the paradox rotation stuff really eclipsed that the thundercloud and sharpcast changes really made things simpler in BLM. I suppose you’re even more incentivized to make sure every sharp hits a thunder cast instead tho

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Speaking of spiritbonding, what's the best way to go about it for crafters? Do I just wanna quick synth a shitload of level 88 mats with a bunch of passive +spiritbond poo poo, or am I better off macro crafting level 90 non-master stuff?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Thundarr posted:

Is it really better to just get an extra hit three times vs max your Boon chance, extra item per boon, yield +2, and one (+1) hit? Unless spiritbond is your entire concern, which feels bizarre to me since I'm used to gathering materia cratering in MB value super fast every expansion.

The gearing needed to hit the boon threshold and the yield threshold is ridiculous right now, plus boon threshold is only 2.4 items whereas yield is 6.

gently caress gatherer's boon.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man this story is great so far. I think I’m about 89 and I was grinning the whooole time I was in world unsundered

They’ve made such effective callbacks to every expansion but it’s also kinda funny how Stormblood seemed way more important in 5.3 than it currently seems lol. I’m glad they made so many callbacks to shadowbringers which I love

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Gathering chat: Honestly DoL seems really underwhelming this expansion. I didn't play Shadowbringers, to my great chagrin, but when I played Stormblood I was absolutely raking in the dough doing aethersand reduction and fishing, and now it seems like basically all gathered materials are essentially worthless (at least on Sargatanas). Looking at the recipes for crafted raid gear, something like 80% of the cost is from tomestone materials, and it's just like "drat, what's even the point when I could just mindlessly spam Praetorium for way more money." The only thing I've found at all profitable was fishing and selling levequest fish, but even those are tanking across the board. Aethersands are essentially worthless right now too.

Bozja Castrum chat: If you can get 8 people together who have three brain cells each, Castrum is really easy, ime. Especially if you call mechanics and explain bosses for people as you go (even just regurgitating a guide is enough for most folks to get the hang of stuff, ime). I learned Castrum with a group of like 10 people with like six first timers and one experienced person explaining stuff as we went, and since then the Castrums I've gone to that had tons of people were complete clusterfucks and the ones I've gone to that were smaller were extremely easy. Last night I did a Castrum with 9 people total and the Echo effects were wild, we all had around triple health and it seemed like we completely melted every boss with few/no casualties.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

the horrible thing about castrum is that if top isn't on top of destroying the core asap, or bottom doesn't kill the adds or soak the stacks adequately, the whole thing wipes and you have to wait for the next castrum :smith:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Happy Heavensturn, and let's all remember the time Yoship sang Byakko's Theme live

https://twitter.com/npcsara/status/1064000334392057856

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012

Magres posted:

Gathering chat: Honestly DoL seems really underwhelming this expansion. I didn't play Shadowbringers, to my great chagrin, but when I played Stormblood I was absolutely raking in the dough doing aethersand reduction and fishing, and now it seems like basically all gathered materials are essentially worthless (at least on Sargatanas). Looking at the recipes for crafted raid gear, something like 80% of the cost is from tomestone materials, and it's just like "drat, what's even the point when I could just mindlessly spam Praetorium for way more money." The only thing I've found at all profitable was fishing and selling levequest fish, but even those are tanking across the board. Aethersands are essentially worthless right now too.

Something like 70% of my offworld mat buys this expac are definitely on Sargantanas so I'ma say they look realll saturated from over here in Ada. (The other 30% are like evenly divided between early morning Gilgamesh or Cactuar: they tend to stay real low due to the lack of prime time crossworld buying.)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

RME posted:

Huh the paradox rotation stuff really eclipsed that the thundercloud and sharpcast changes really made things simpler in BLM. I suppose you’re even more incentivized to make sure every sharp hits a thunder cast instead tho

Wait, what? Is there new blm rotation fuckery?

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The sheer number of people spiritbonding (based on materia sales volume) is kinda wild tbh. 99% of those people aren't making any return on that investment.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Was there any word from the Mog Radio thing about when they might resume sales/free trial account signups again? I have a couple friends I think would love to play and now that queues have been dying down, especially outside of peak hours, I was hoping we would have heard at least rumblings about it by now. I would imagine SE would like to keep selling the game.

aers posted:

The sheer number of people spiritbonding (based on materia sales volume) is kinda wild tbh. 99% of those people aren't making any return on that investment.

I've been selling pretty much every piece of materia I get below IX/X at market price and it's helping me afford all kinds of glam pieces I've wanted, plus I ended up just ponying up for Fat Cat. Gil well spent, imo.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Professor Beetus posted:

Was there any word from the Mog Radio thing about when they might resume sales/free trial account signups again? I have a couple friends I think would love to play and now that queues have been dying down, especially outside of peak hours, I was hoping we would have heard at least rumblings about it by now. I would imagine SE would like to keep selling the game.

they said they were going to make an announcment next week.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
iirc they said there'd be an announcement in a few weeks?

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

Just hit 82 on MCH. hgoyl poo poo

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CJ posted:

they said they were going to make an announcment next week.

Leraika posted:

iirc they said there'd be an announcement in a few weeks?

:w00t:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

remeez posted:

Just hit 82 on MCH. hgoyl poo poo

Wait until 90. :getin:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Vermain posted:

Speaking of spiritbonding, what's the best way to go about it for crafters? Do I just wanna quick synth a shitload of level 88 mats with a bunch of passive +spiritbond poo poo, or am I better off macro crafting level 90 non-master stuff?

Yes, quicksynth.

- Put 5 materia in each piece of gear, because those increase spiritbond gain by 20% each. Just grab what is cheap, you can put in Piety or whatever, as long as the slot is filled
- Get all the buffs (potion, food, FC-buff / GC scroll (those two don't stack))

Now each quicksynth item will get you close to 1% spiritbond, so a full stack of 99 is almost enough to get you one set of materia.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

What does +3 Spiritbond actually mean?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bruceski posted:

What does +3 Spiritbond actually mean?

From what I've found digging around, it's around a 3.33% increased spiritbond gain per point, so +3 is +10%. Spiritbond uses decimal points but doesn't display them on the UI, so I assume it's something like +10% of 0.2 or so for most gains. To my knowledge, the most increased spiritbond gain you can have without sacrificing item slots is 11 (HQ Superior Spiritbond, FC spiritbond action or squadron manual, and a Better Crowned Pie), so it's around a 36.63% gain on spiritbonding, which adds up if you're doing a mass quick synth.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what I wanna know is who is buying all the drat materia there can't be that many pentameld crafters

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Badger of Basra posted:

what I wanna know is who is buying all the drat materia there can't be that many pentameld crafters

someone posted before about how fun it is running through 50 materia to get one slotted in so it seems like it's a real sink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

People who are still working on pentamelding their crafting/gathering gear, or people who are stockpiling materia for when the next sets of gear get released.

The number of crafters throwing themselves at endgame crafts is kind of ludicrous at the moment. You should have seen the crafting/gathering isle in Radz-at-han on patch day when the new crafted gear was introduced.