Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
im in the belly of the beast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8ZbpxV382U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/BRICbreaker/status/1480945788666667016

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

solar is genocide

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hooking up with a girl and telling her that making me wear a rubber is genocide

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Centrist Committee posted:

the geographical distances of the Russian landmass have not changed in 100 years and the population has grown roughly linearly since then. meanwhile the speed of information transfer reached the physical maximum and the ability to process information has increased by several orders of magnitude. comparatively, the scale of the economic system to be managed has hardly changed relative to the power of the technology available to do so. this is a dramatic over simplification, but a single Silicon Valley series A seed company commands more planning capacity than the ussr in 1917. i think it’s fun to think about how goddamn feasible a fully planned, global economy would be but for the recalcitrance of capitalists and monarchists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hig_IR6N_Bs

Alternatively the cybernetics thread, alternatively alternatively all of the cybernetics chat in the econ thread.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

You want me to put on what?

A CONDOM?!?!

Uhhhh.... You know most of our condoms are made in China, right?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
ma'am I'm Jewish, please don't make me do a holocaust to my penis by suffocating billions of potential Jewish heirs.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
stay tuned for Zenz's newest scheme 'being gay is a cultural genocide', supported by western liberals eagerly

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

FuzzySlippers posted:

I think US arms sales are usually not for actually use but to build up brownie points with the US. I dunno why Australia would think they would need to butter up the US more. I am amused at the idea of AU fearing a Chinese invasion that would make Normandy look laughably small though. They are just waiting to pounce!

i mean AU is effectively killing any and all future economic ties with China in favor of US it would seem

which is pretty turbo funny since china is hell of a lot closer

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

this lede is psychotic

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

DiscountDildos posted:

This reminds me of one of the BBC's alleged exposès of the "cultural genocide" or whatever from last year. It was about evil CCP officials going to villages in Xinjiang and tearing Uyghur women away from their families and sending them off for forced labor. The BBC guy had a cut up video the article was largely based on that he tweeted out and billed as "the video the CCP doesn't want you to see."

IMO, the version of the video he tweeted out was pretty benign but making incendiary claims while trusting most of your audience won't analyze your evidence is basic strategy.

However, after just a tiny bit of research, I found out that this "video the CCP doesn't want you to see" was an excerpt from a much longer video that CGTN had literally posted to YouTube like 4 years prior.

https://youtu.be/07NjqkQAgs8

Basically party members went to remote villages to recruit people for a work program. Most of the video focused on them trying to convince the family of one young adult woman that she should be allowed to work. I haven't watched the whole video in like a year but basically they were eventually convinced, she went to a city to work for a few months or something, then came back with livestock and money.

Genocide on a disturbing scale. The true reality that the Communist Regime in Beijing won't tell you about.

I watched this and when one of the women said they wanted to bring their family over it reminded me of all the stories I've heard about my ancestors and the people that came over in the same wave of immigration from Europe to the USA. I know it's not completely analogous, but working age males coming to work in the mines, ironworks or the railroads to make money and bring over the rest of their families was very common. All their descendants learned English and we lost our original languages. My great grandfather was born in a factory town (thankfully he got out of the mines ASAP) and his son, my grandfather, did doctoral work at UPenn. These people clearly have better conditions and more freedom than that, along with bilingual education instead of complete assimilation. One is an American success story. The other, well...

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and for some reason our education system and architecture is literally still from that time period (early 1900s). its 2022 for cryin out loud

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cenotaph posted:

I watched this and when one of the women said they wanted to bring their family over it reminded me of all the stories I've heard about my ancestors and the people that came over in the same wave of immigration from Europe to the USA. I know it's not completely analogous, but working age males coming to work in the mines, ironworks or the railroads to make money and bring over the rest of their families was very common. All their descendants learned English and we lost our original languages. My great grandfather was born in a factory town (thankfully he got out of the mines ASAP) and his son, my grandfather, did doctoral work at UPenn. These people clearly have better conditions and more freedom than that, along with bilingual education instead of complete assimilation. One is an American success story. The other, well...

yea thankfully for my family our immigration story is good considering the time and all but it's a similar thing in a lot of ways. My grandfather comes from eastern europe, my mother doesn't speak the language he spoke, doesn't identify as Jewish like he did, but got a good life by American standards by blending in better than her 'weird' father and all. She's a success story and an ideal immigration result, but a family being given their needs without having to leave their homes and a bilingual/blended cultural education so they can preserve their own customs while learning to work with others is...genocide of that culture?

Like, America wiped out major parts of my heritage better than the Nazis did by sheer assimilation force, but that's something to be proud of somehow.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
the nation is a magazine for brooklyn millionaires

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Lostconfused posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hig_IR6N_Bs

Alternatively the cybernetics thread, alternatively alternatively all of the cybernetics chat in the econ thread.

“the austrian economists don’t believe in planning” lol oh word?

also they should rename this the sino-soviet thread instead, eurasia sounds like a disney movie

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mike10010100/status/1481020157363433473

oh so thats what a tankie is a person who wants to know why bad things happen instead of just saying theyre bad

every single person involved in whatever this is is a moron

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

DiscountDildos posted:

Genocide on a disturbing scale. The true reality that the Communist Regime in Beijing won't tell you about.

Libs will gripe & complain about Christian Scientists letting their own children die of treatable illness, but a Uighur woman getting a job is cultural genocide.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I dont know how delusional that is

I'm not sure if American pilots have flown real air combat missions since Vietnam.

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

every single person involved in whatever this is is a moron

I like the implication that tankies would be ok with the Holocaust if Jews really were ugly little goblinoid schemers with a plan to eliminate the Aryan race through - Judeo-BOLSHEVISM!? That can't be right.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 01:20 on Jan 12, 2022

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

progressivism in america is about telling people having negative reactions to a death cult ruling elite isn't democratic

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

is this a new version im sure weve seen it before

Chinese-occupied Manchukuo lmao

French-occupied Vichy

Lithuanian-occupied Reichskommisariat Ostland

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mister Bates posted:

Chinese-occupied Manchukuo lmao

French-occupied Vichy

Lithuanian-occupied Reichskommisariat Ostland

I'd pay money to hear who that person thinks is the rightful people of 'Manchukuo'

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/ft/status/1480939293380071427?s=21

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

sexpig by night posted:

I'd pay money to hear who that person thinks is the rightful people of 'Manchukuo'

they didn’t think that far. can i just pm you my paypal info now?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I like the implication that tankies would be ok with the Holocaust if Jews really were ugly little goblinoid schemers with a plan to eliminate the Aryan race through - Judeo-BOLSHEVISM!? That can't be right.

lmao

i like luna but i dont understand what she is even trying to say there. is she agreeing that the german people were simply tricked into being nazis?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

lmao

i like luna but i dont understand what she is even trying to say there. is she agreeing that the german people were simply tricked into being nazis?

I'm not listening to Vaush but as near as I can tell the question is "would Hitler have been justified if the Jewish conspiracy was real" (as a comparison to Stalinist purges) which is a question that can't be answered without partially legitimizing the insane premise of Nazi race sciencr

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

new banger dropped

https://twitter.com/ambassadechine/status/1469314982424846343

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao

I think she’s saying the nazis sold the masses on the idea that the Jews were responsible for their woes rather than capitalism

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

anyhow got out the first day of my class on the Soviet Union and all the other students want to work for either state, nsa, or cia and the professor worked on the NSC during the clinton/bush transition

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Abolish post-secondary.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I think she’s saying the nazis sold the masses on the idea that the Jews were responsible for their woes rather than capitalism

when u think about it this implies that if the jews really did destroy germany then the holocaust would have been justified ergo tankies love genocide

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

I'm not listening to Vaush but as near as I can tell the question is "would Hitler have been justified if the Jewish conspiracy was real" (as a comparison to Stalinist purges) which is a question that can't be answered without partially legitimizing the insane premise of Nazi race sciencr

lol what the hell. why would you even ask this

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

to prove that given the chance the tankies would murder you and everyone you ever cared about provided you were engaged in crimes against humanity

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
hitler wouldnt have stood a chance if the jewish conspiracy was real, so its a dud question

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i wouldnt exactly call it false consciousness when a party explicitly promises the volk the spoils of genocidal imperialism, the anti-semitism and racism is just the justification, just like everywhere else in the core. the nazis didnt just propagandize the best, they provided an actual material base for their support... just like bernie sander.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
oh poo poo I cashed bernie bux. does that mean I’m…?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i wouldnt exactly call it false consciousness when a party explicitly promises the volk the spoils of genocidal imperialism, the anti-semitism and racism is just the justification, just like everywhere else in the core. the nazis didnt just propagandize the best, they provided an actual material base for their support... just like bernie sander.

hm sounds like youre saying wanting things at all is nazism so liberalism is the only morally defensible ideology

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lol what the hell. why would you even ask this

reminder that Vaush said given the choice between Hitler, and Hitler-but-he-supports-trans-rights, that we'd be obliged to vote for the latter

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

I seriously had never heard of vaush until people started ragging on the guy, sounds like he might be doing it intentionally, he seems very boring otherwise

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Ardennes posted:

Upgraded f-16s are probably fine against similar 4th gen AESA Chinese aircraft (j-10/11/16) but I really don’t know how they would fare against the j-20 which is a 5th generation fighter.

Of course, the other issue is that the PLAAF can concentrate its force of fighters while the US really can’t while there size and general tech of both forces isn’t that different from each other at this point. (A big part of it is the PLA has been building tons of 4th generation planes while the US has been screwing around with the F-35.)

It is why a war over Taiwan is a bit of fantasy, the PLA already has a overwhelming advantage.

I would love to see some J10c go one in one against some RoC F16 A/B/V, but I am afraid when poo poo hits fan, all Taiwanese airports will be flatten in the first wave of artillery attack and all remaining F16 will be sent to Guam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

FishBulbia posted:

China can weather the slight economic downturn caused by lockdowns. The US wouldn't have been able to maintain number. Desperate to have short term number, the US funneled the prole into the fire, even if long term it harmed number.

https://twitter.com/MolotovCocteau/status/1481085409815764995

wanna fund a guerrilla campaign