Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Hellioning posted:

I didn't mind G'raha but I think he's given us the 'we are going to go on a great adventure and I want you to bring me along' speech at least three times by this point and I'm beginning to question if his memory is going.

When he gave the "Let's go on an adventure" speech in Ultima Thule, I wanted an option for my WoL to smack him upside the head and say "What the gently caress do you think we're doing right now?!?" :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am platonic friends with every scion, even the clingy ones, other than graha, who is my bf

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

bewilderment posted:

I kinda felt this way as well with some things. The game does a poor job of connecting the Scions to Louisoix and the twins and it's easy to miss stuff in the cutscene avalanche.

This video someone posted that was apparently in the ARR collector's edition release would help to ground new players although it is a bit overlong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXc0loyuq9I

Same, I was quite confused by Minfilia sighing about "master Luoisoix" until someone explained he was the old elf dude in a particular intro video.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I still have trouble reconciling that Sicard and Zenos are the same voice actor.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Mordiceius posted:

I still have trouble reconciling that Sicard and Zenos are the same voice actor.

And Carvallain, too!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
A few weeks out and I have to give props to the writing team, they wrote an absolutely amazing re-imagination of KH and really had it parallel the themes in KH3. Legit great work out there.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

A few weeks out and I have to give props to the writing team, they wrote an absolutely amazing re-imagination of KH and really had it parallel the themes in KH3. Legit great work out there.

Nomura rips off his Ishikawa mask: IT WAS ME AUSTIN! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

OddObserver posted:

Same, I was quite confused by Minfilia sighing about "master Luoisoix" until someone explained he was the old elf dude in a particular intro video.

I had someone do that in this expansion. "They're going on about somebody's grandfather, do we know the guy?"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Eimi posted:

Nomura rips off his Ishikawa mask: IT WAS ME AUSTIN! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

They honestly should work together on something. The sad hot dads of Ishikawa and the Romantic themes and logic of Nomura would be a powerful combo.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

thetoughestbean posted:

The next storyline will have our party be Aenor, A-Ruhn-Senna, Fordola, Emmanelain (now a Dancer), and let’s throw in a wildcard, I’ll go with Hildibrand to tank

Hildibrand would get hit by every boss mechanic and somehow still survive.

Give me a full Hildibrand trust group. Nashu, Greg, Gigi(both small and swole form), maybe one of his zombie friends, Godbert, and Julyan.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

They honestly should work together on something. The sad hot dads of Ishikawa and the Romantic themes and logic of Nomura would be a powerful combo.

They should give me a Kingdom Hearts crossover where you get the Kingdom Key, and it's a Gunbreaker item because the way you hold the GNB weapon is exactly how Sora holds the keyblade

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i legit lol’ed at the scene in the Rising Stones where you go talk to everyone and the estinian convo leads off with like 15 seconds of staring at each other until you say “poo poo, who’s gonna pay me now?”

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

Despite my Emet thirst, I'm not into men, and so G'raha takes on a much darker, (entirely unintended mind you) vibe.
i lol'd at every word of this post

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Sam and Frodo it can actually devalue a particular interaction if you assume the only reason people can care that much is because they want to sleep with you.
sam and frodo were big homo hobbits and the movie is better for it

Macaluso posted:

They should give me a Kingdom Hearts crossover where you get the Kingdom Key, and it's a Gunbreaker item because the way you hold the GNB weapon is exactly how Sora holds the keyblade
they should really do a kh collab because axel's chakrams would be the first interesting dancer weapon glam

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

sam and frodo were big homo hobbits and the movie is better for it

they should really do a kh collab because axel's chakrams would be the first interesting dancer weapon glam

Still waiting on my double boomerang glams.

But also KH crossover could give you a lot of pretty weapons so please do this.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm just wondering how you're going to earn your keep

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

But also KH crossover could give you a lot of pretty weapons so please do this.
yeah actually all the org members have a FF class parallel anyway.

Xemnas: Mystic Knight
Xigbar: Gunner/Machinist
Xaldin: Dragoon
Vexen: uhhh he has a shield so he's a Paladin?
Lexaeus: he kinda just has a big axe so I guess Warrior
Zexion: Summoner?
Saix: Berserker
Axel: Assassin
Demyx: Bard/Dancer
Luxord: Gambler
Marluxia: Reaper
Larxene: Ninja
Roxas: Samurai

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

FuturePastNow posted:

Selling Materia on the Marketboard, in my case.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

And then KH3 gives you a bunch of fun weapon transforms you could use to cover gaps. The Tangled keyblade's staff form is a perfect WHM weapon.

Or just use donald weapons I guess.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

It's very strange to me that Estinien said that to me because we're married and I'm moving in with him.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

It's very strange to me that Estinien said that to me because we're married and I'm moving in with him.

better come to Radz-at-Han and get your man cuz i think Vrtra is making a move with all that free food

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Endorph posted:

got angry reading all these names again

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all of these names are less stupid than sea wolf and cat names.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So which job gets to wield the Disney DMCA takedown?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what's the name convention for moon cats? tia/nunh and the first letter thing is sun cats right?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Moon cats seem to have ordinary names unless there's something weird I never noticed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

what's the name convention for moon cats? tia/nunh and the first letter thing is sun cats right?

Female moon cats just have short punchy names, with no tribal letter like sun cats have. Male sun cats have their mother's name with a suffix at the end indicating the order they were born. Family names are also taken from the mother.

So for instance, Lalah Amariyo is a female moon cat. She has a son. The son would be named Lalah'a Amariyo, since 'a is the suffix for a firstborn son. The most prominent NPC you can see this quirk with is probably Zhai'a from the Black Mage quests - his mother would have been named Zhai, and he's her firstborn.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Clarste posted:

Moon cats seem to have ordinary names unless there's something weird I never noticed.

Mooncat women have relatively normal names, but the men literally have their mom's name except with a suffix on the given name that denotes birth order.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Beef Hardcheese posted:

When he gave the "Let's go on an adventure" speech in Ultima Thule, I wanted an option for my WoL to smack him upside the head and say "What the gently caress do you think we're doing right now?!?" :argh:

I can't blame G'raha for wanting to shore up his hope for the future before diving in to pit said hope against the despair of the Omicrons.

How was it not clear what was going on there? Did people also miss the point of Urianger's scene?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Nashu Mhakaracca

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Reading this thread I am extremely glad none of you are writing the story for this game because every last one of you has terrible opinions.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Rexicon1 posted:

Reading this thread I am extremely glad none of you are writing the story for this game because every last one of you has terrible opinions.

Finally, I'm not alone.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Rexicon1 posted:

yeah

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Rexicon1 posted:

All I can promise is if I were writing this story, we'd have much less questions about time loops.

Or much more. Look, I can definitely promise a different amount of time loop questions.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
You don't ever have to worry about time loop questions if you don't think about it

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
I feel like I could write an award winning expansion for FF14

Zenos: I am horny... and ready to gently caress. Hard.
G'raha: shoves him aside No warrior of light! Stay true to the light! I am horny! And ready to gently caress! presses hi index fingers together, cat ears twitching Um, if you want, that is.
Estinien: arms crossed, leaned against a wall ... ... ... ... I'll gently caress.

Emet: in hell heaven Ahhh, if only I could express my deepest erotic desires to the Warrior of Light, whom I love and thirst for.
Hythlodaeus: in heaven, for real Oh well good news Venat just figured o-
Emet: No.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rexicon1 posted:

Ha, that's where you're wrong. I am writing the story for this game!

In my fanfiction.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't think G'raha's hero worship is supposed to be interpreted as "boyfriend vibes" unless you really want it to be any than Alisaie having a crush or Haurchefant or etc etc etc

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Im inserting a scene where graha talks to us about umbral ice-9 and none of you can stop me :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

I don't think G'raha's hero worship is supposed to be interpreted as "boyfriend vibes" unless you really want it to be any than Alisaie having a crush or Haurchefant or etc etc etc
in the jp version haurchefaunt was very explicitly written with sexual/romantic interest in you but theyve pretty deliberately stayed away from that after. the only real other instance of it being super explicit is aymeric. and ig zenos, in his own hosed up way. you can definitely read graha that way, but its also entirely possible to read it as just platonic hero worship.