Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

EDIT nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

YggdrasilTM posted:

Yeah, but without lurrus, why are you even playing a Bx midrange deck?

People love jund and...well they love jund anyway

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

YggdrasilTM posted:

Let's say we ban Lurrus. What 3 mana permanents that are currently not played due to lurrus would be played?

I'm honestly curious.

LoV, LtLH, Bloodbraid Elf, Ranger Captn of Eos, Any number of Humans.

I'm sure there are a ton more. It's better for gameplay if more 3 mana permanents are playable.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

LoV, LtLH, Bloodbraid Elf, Ranger Captn of Eos, Any number of Humans.

I'm sure there are a ton more. It's better for gameplay if more 3 mana permanents are playable.

Most of those have shown up in 5-0 lists in the last few days?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Bogles has Lurrus and therefore you can't take lurrus from me. Bogles is also shifting to jeskai and holy poo poo Force of Negation is 300$ bucks a playset. gently caress me.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

YggdrasilTM posted:

It's less, "europeans" and more like "anyone in the world outside USA".

Ok fine.

Newcastle United is Orzhov :getin:

I really want the loving Kamigawa set to come out, Crimson Vow was mostly a big ol’ “Ehhhh.”

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Revert the companion errata for all companions except lurrus.

It seems like Lurrus keeps some cards out of Jund but also stuff like ragavan, DRC, or murktide seem like they are gonna encourage you to keep your curve super low anyway

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Was there anything good in the neon dynasty world building video wotc had today? Have not had a chance to watch it yet.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
There weren't any cards previewed but they did show off some fun artwork and talk vaguely about design decisions. It seemed to be more of a proactive defense against accusations of racial bias than anything else.

There's apparently a literal DJ card in the set(turntables, headphones and everything), so I'm looking forward to more tedious arguments about aesthetic purity in the game.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bugsy posted:

Was there anything good in the neon dynasty world building video wotc had today? Have not had a chance to watch it yet.

dog

https://twitter.com/VorthosMike/status/1480957219915063306

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Spirit shibe is my spirit animal

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sickening posted:

I do find it funny that the best card in modern is 7 bucks right now.

I didn’t realize Urza’s Saga dropped that much.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Most of those have shown up in 5-0 lists in the last few days?

You can't read into 1off's in the 5-0 lists to prove anything. Those lists are designed to pull outlier decks.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

It's not like those decks will start to win more because there is no Lurrus, anyway.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Some good stuff searching: https://twitter.com/hashtag/MTGNeon?src=hashtag_click

but this is great.
https://twitter.com/VargasNi/status/1480968552437977089

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Ok yeah I’m fully onboard with this set.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

YggdrasilTM posted:

It's not like those decks will start to win more because there is no Lurrus, anyway.

I think some of them would. Either way the direction Lurrus pushes the format just is bad.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

TotalHell posted:

Ok fine.

Newcastle United is Orzhov :getin:

I never before fully understood why I play tokens

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I think some of them would. Either way the direction Lurrus pushes the format just is bad.

Isn't the tendence for fair decks to use cards that are more and more cheap and efficient as the card pool becomes bigger and deeper anyway?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

this got previewed

i'm not resizing this image because this is amazing.

the painting is not for sale but the model he used is...

[url]https://www.facebook.com/groups/mtgartmarket/posts/3230339223862941/?__cft__[0]=AZWzyH6MNL4LBjP8ef_wwjssw5QL1Rhoq01IdsUaLigNrbB10scuwGWdtKnSiNmsAUt7397WlV9OBMlVAVixKTiuhUlZEvY6ENSZ8oC2kG2vszv3SK-6RKEbBwunVHNbgm74iG8bvdUJcaNaOCabRfK2RNZ0ldDD1kbuLBGb3YWjS9t-CfJFHwUvXm6qFsrEWXM&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R[/url]

this one will be sold when the set is released.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Strong Sauce posted:

this got previewed

i'm not resizing this image because this is amazing.

the painting is not for sale but the model he used is...

[url]https://www.facebook.com/groups/mtgartmarket/posts/3230339223862941/?__cft__[0]=AZWzyH6MNL4LBjP8ef_wwjssw5QL1Rhoq01IdsUaLigNrbB10scuwGWdtKnSiNmsAUt7397WlV9OBMlVAVixKTiuhUlZEvY6ENSZ8oC2kG2vszv3SK-6RKEbBwunVHNbgm74iG8bvdUJcaNaOCabRfK2RNZ0ldDD1kbuLBGb3YWjS9t-CfJFHwUvXm6qFsrEWXM&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R[/url]

this one will be sold when the set is released.
Arabs moth rider is back, baby

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Goro-Goro, Disciple of Ryusei 1R
Legendary Creature - Goblin Samurai
R: Creatures you control gain haste until end of turn.
3RR: Create a 5/5 red Dragon Spirit creature token with flying. Activate only if you control an attacking modified creature.
2/2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Lurrus should “push” you into a locker, nerd 😂😂😂

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Pretty much given up on Arena for the forseeable, Alchemy is a bad idea executed badly to say nothing of economy and management. I've decided to take a look at Pioneer again and found that there's a Vampire list returning some 5-0s in MTGO so thought I'd give it a go. What I didn't already have I got for less than one ticket, except Sorin the Mirthless is 25tix+, and all aat once I reminded of the wild discrepancies between paper and MTGO prices. Feels dumb to be signing up to Cardhoarder over borrowing 2 cards but here I am. At least I own most of it in paper already if I find a local tournament.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BizarroAzrael posted:

Pretty much given up on Arena for the forseeable, Alchemy is a bad idea executed badly to say nothing of economy and management. I've decided to take a look at Pioneer again and found that there's a Vampire list returning some 5-0s in MTGO so thought I'd give it a go. What I didn't already have I got for less than one ticket, except Sorin the Mirthless is 25tix+, and all aat once I reminded of the wild discrepancies between paper and MTGO prices. Feels dumb to be signing up to Cardhoarder over borrowing 2 cards but here I am. At least I own most of it in paper already if I find a local tournament.

It’s wild, Cavern of Souls is $80+ but only like 15 tix on MTGO

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Part of me kinda wants to pick up pauper again on mtgo. If this new board does something to make MBC good I might be in.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s wild, Cavern of Souls is $80+ but only like 15 tix on MTGO

It's funny to look at Vintage deck prices on MTGO, where the moxes are like 3 tix each, but a set of Urza's Saga is like 40% of the cost of the entire deck.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

plainswalker75 posted:

There weren't any cards previewed but they did show off some fun artwork and talk vaguely about design decisions. It seemed to be more of a proactive defense against accusations of racial bias than anything else.

There's apparently a literal DJ card in the set(turntables, headphones and everything), so I'm looking forward to more tedious arguments about aesthetic purity in the game.

lol. I can't wait for all of the tedious discussion surrounding appropriation and fantasy aesthetics when previews roll around. people will be begging for American football derails by then

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

kalel posted:

lol. I can't wait for all of the tedious discussion surrounding appropriation

Yeah, and why isn’t there a WHITE history month, huh?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Crackbone posted:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Crackbone posted:

This is such a logical leap lol

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
https://twitter.com/damatoexp/status/1480599514738266115?s=21

Lmao

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Would Modern Death's Shadow move back towards Angler and Street Wraith if companions ate the axe?
Kind of hard to make room with Ragavan and DRC + Bauble.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

mandatory lesbian posted:

This is such a logical leap lol

Let's hear the case for appropriation as displayed by a DJ depicted in a neon dynasty card then

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Framboise posted:

Part of me kinda wants to pick up pauper again on mtgo. If this new board does something to make MBC good I might be in.

Bruh :c00l::respek::cool:

Pauper MBC is the only non-edh deck i own in paper

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

PleasantDirge posted:

Let's hear the case for appropriation as displayed by a DJ depicted in a neon dynasty card then

Well you see, the Japanese aren't the inspiration for the entire genre of cyberpunk nor known as manufacturers of audio equipment nor have they had a booming DJ scene for decades

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Silhouette posted:

Bruh :c00l::respek::cool:

Pauper MBC is the only non-edh deck i own in paper

And it owns, and I will rock my heavily played Oubliettes till I die.

Also make a modern format where Dark Confidant is playable again and I will be happy.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GoutPatrol posted:

And it owns, and I will rock my heavily played Oubliettes till I die.

Also make a modern format where Dark Confidant is playable again and I will be happy.

Check out this Abzan deck that 5-0’d a league with dark confidant

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/4543811#paper

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I've been playing a lot of Arena over the last 18 months and have really enjoyed getting back into Magic. To the point where I'd probably like to start up a paper collection with the goal of eventually playing Modern in person in a year or two whenever in person events are back to being a thing, or worst case just owning some cool cards. If I don't have a specific deck in mind, and generically can spend like $1-2k /yr what's the best thing to do?