Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pungry posted:

Everyone likes Toadstool Tour and World Tour, which was for the 3DS. World Tour is extremely good, and I highly recommend it.

the GC was basically the mario sports console. idk why. i actually forgot the 3DS had a good golf game, i think i remembered the "not as good as the GC one" decent tennis game on that instead

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the GC was basically the mario sports console. idk why. i actually forgot the 3DS had a good golf game, i think i remembered the "not as good as the GC one" decent tennis game on that instead

Yeah, the GameCube was def the best Mario sports system with Power Tennis, Strikers original, Superstar Baseball, and Toadstool Tour. The Wii had some good Mario sports games but not as good, I felt, and they also only re-released Power Tennis and Toadstool Tour with motion controls instead of making new games. 3DS had "two" Mario golf and Mario tennis games with Mario Sports Superstars which had golf, tennis, soccer, baseball, and horse racing. It... wasn't very good.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Xad posted:

Golf With Your Friends is an extremely stupid (in a good way) mini golf game that came out semi-recently on every available thing

Oh? Haven't heard of that. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I really loved the GBC Mario Golf game that was basically a golf RPG that incidentally had some Mario characters as a kid.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

mario golf is good

yup

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pungry posted:

Funny thing is that Mario Golf 64, the first Mario Golf game, had mini golf in it. It just never got brought back for whatever reason.

I remember Mario Golf on the NES. That was fun.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mario doesnt play mini golf because its for children and mario is an adult

The Postman
May 12, 2007

how old is mario

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Chas McGill posted:

I'm impressed with Ring Fit Adventure. The motion tracking keeps you honest and the range of exercises is pretty good. I've hit myself in the baws a couple times when doing the ab guard. 10/10

I haven't touched Ring Fit in almost a year, and I'm making myself start again (from the first level, ha) next week. I don't have any balls to smack myself in, but my titties are too drat big and I've popped myself in 'em a couple of times while attempting the ab guard. Nowhere near as painful, I'm sure!

Still not as bad as RE4 VR allegedly is. :P
https://twitter.com/adrianhon/status/1451570322956771333

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Are the Mario Kart 9 rumors reputable?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's a launch title for the Switch Pro.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Waltzing Along posted:

Absolutely not.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

What are the rumors?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
They got my letters!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Sam Faust posted:

What are the rumors?

The rumor is one guy pretending he's an insider analyst is saying that Mario Kart 9 is being actively developed. So, business as usual for the Switch.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sam Faust posted:

What are the rumors?

I'm making a bold prediction that Nintendo is going to make another sequel in one of their most consistently best selling series ever at some point

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Is there any kind of consensus on what's the best Metroidvania search action game outside of Metroid Dread? Hollow Knight maybe?
Also related to that, in Ori 2 did they change the thing from the first game where there's no attack button and just a tiny creature next to you that auto-attacks everything? I found that to be kind of weird when I tried the demo of the first game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
if you mean "outside Metroid" it's Hollow Knight, otherwise it's Super Metroid.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Castlevania 4 time! Gonna mix in some picross 6 with all the picross talk!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if you mean "outside Metroid" it's Hollow Knight, otherwise it's Super Metroid.

:hmmyes:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Item Getter posted:

Is there any kind of consensus on what's the best Metroidvania search action game outside of Metroid Dread? Hollow Knight maybe?
Also related to that, in Ori 2 did they change the thing from the first game where there's no attack button and just a tiny creature next to you that auto-attacks everything? I found that to be kind of weird when I tried the demo of the first game.

Ori 2 ditches basically everything about combat in Blind Forest and instead blatantly copies Hollow Knight. This sounds like I'm making GBS threads on it, but it is unironically an upgrade across the board and just one of many reasons that I liked Ori 2 way, way more than Ori 1.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Pungry posted:

The rumor is one guy pretending he's an insider analyst is saying that Mario Kart 9 is being actively developed. So, business as usual for the Switch.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm making a bold prediction that Nintendo is going to make another sequel in one of their most consistently best selling series ever at some point

It's almost impressively lacking in substance or meaning.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think Hollow knight is hands down the best one but I also think Guacamelee is criminally underrated and it has better combat than any of its peers, IMO

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah guac is a kickass game

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
You can play as a chicken in Guacamelee, and there’s a dedicated cluck button. It’s awesome.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Finally Mario Kart has goatse

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Junkie Disease posted:

Finally Mario Kart has goatse

Headline: Nintendo NOT Doomed For First Time Ever

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nintendo hit “Luigi” on YouTube again and the winter mixes are down. gently caress. Trying to see if anyone got the track listings.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Item Getter posted:

Uh...Hollow Knight is leaps and bounds better than Dread. The Ori games are better, as well.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I mean really there is no contest. Metroid Dread is a $20 too much for a 10 hour game, Hollow Knight is 15 bucks for what is essentially 3 full games worth of content and Metroidvania style exploration.

You could probably take the maps of every Metroid game and for all of them inside of Hallownest’s one giant map

I would probably go

Hollow Knight
Symphony of the Night
Super Metroid
Ori 2
Guacamelee

As my personal favorites/top 5 Metroids, but I enjoyed all the Gameboy Castlevanias a ton and Steamworld Dig 1 & 2 are games I would happily recommend to gamers of any age and skill set.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I really like all the Metroid games I've played (Other M has a super dumb story and things are bad about it but I still had a good time) and Hollow Knight was totally my jam. But I've never played a Castlevania besides 1-4+bloodlines, and even then not far. The movement and combat just feels sluggish and deliberate in ways I'm not good at. So, where do I start with Castlevania if I like the Metroid part of Metroidvania but not the style of game that early stage based Castlevania games have? Is Symphony of the Night or the GBA games a good entry point, or is the series just not for me if those games don't hold my attention?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I want another 3D Castlevania

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Ender lilies might be up your alley, or not. Easy metroidvania

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I really like all the Metroid games I've played (Other M has a super dumb story and things are bad about it but I still had a good time) and Hollow Knight was totally my jam. But I've never played a Castlevania besides 1-4+bloodlines, and even then not far. The movement and combat just feels sluggish and deliberate in ways I'm not good at. So, where do I start with Castlevania if I like the Metroid part of Metroidvania but not the style of game that early stage based Castlevania games have? Is Symphony of the Night or the GBA games a good entry point, or is the series just not for me if those games don't hold my attention?

Yeah, Symphony and the GBA+DS games are very different from the classicvanias. Besides being exploration focused, you have a lot more air control in the metroidvanias, which allows you to dodge while attacking.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Man, the enemies in Void Bastards are weird, but I'm digging the hell out of the game.
Yeah they gave me the heeby jeebies

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I want another 3D Castlevania

PS2 style or Mercury Steam style? I think Castlevania 64 is better than people say, I’d like to see that get a remake of some sort

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

hatty posted:

PS2 style or Mercury Steam style? I think Castlevania 64 is better than people say, I’d like to see that get a remake of some sort

PS2

Basically I want Dad of War but gothic horror and universal monsters.

Maybe get the voice actors from the show.

It could totally work with the right art direction.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Item Getter posted:

Iinks awakening

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 12, 2022

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Inks awakening

New Splatoon adventure game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I'm trying to set bait here wtf mate. Also wtf kerning in Latin script.