Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

NOW OMOS

NOW

OMOS NOW

What happened to then?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lid posted:

I have seen how lame this gimmick is from posts and recaps, but being able to do that poo poo in a onesie is weirdly impressive and now im conflicted.

She does cool suplexes and I laughed at her dodging a clothesline by stretching and yawning. Was she someone somewhere else before NXT?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ganso Bomb posted:

She does cool suplexes and I laughed at her dodging a clothesline by stretching and yawning. Was she someone somewhere else before NXT?

she used to be Karen Q and was in RoH and SHIMMER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Cdf17f8aU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I don't think you guys understand how much bunny slipper kicks can hurt!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MorningMoon posted:

Like, everyone looked impressive, and honestly some of her onesie moves looked kinda sloppy, but still extremely impressive in the context of being in a huge warm suit. Just kinda feels like someone got mad that Orange Cassidy was over, spent a day writing down everything that would one up that act and made her do it.

I don't know what is impressive at that yawning matrix move where she barely bends back at all and her opponent swings wildly way above her head.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

Lid posted:

it is going to unironically work

For real, I'm pretty impressed, and idk, it just gives off this vibe of like "I need to sleep a lot to maintin my power, and you woke me up for this? Fine, let me beat you up so i can go back to bed"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lid posted:

it is going to unironically work

Don't worry, WWE will put an end to that!

"How DARE you get over a crappy gimmick that we gave you!"

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Wrestling Snorlax is a great gimmick and I wish it was being done somewhere else, where it could be done well, and I would watch it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Homer the Narcoleptic was an idea that was pitched that even late-season simpson’s writers dismissed as too terrible to attempt so glad to see WWE reach into those depths.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

dromal phrenia posted:

Wrestling Snorlax is a great gimmick and I wish it was being done somewhere else, where it could be done well, and I would watch it.

ACH and Cedric Alexander had a match on an indie during some Wrestlemania weekend where they were both super hungover and had a no-loud noises match which I feel fits into that realm of thought

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

dromal phrenia posted:

You should look up the match between Orange Cassidy and Gentleman Jervis then

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Drakkel posted:

What are the odds Omos will get the "HOW COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY ELIMINATE HIM!?" line at the Rumble, probably seconds before he gets dumped out like everyone else?

1000%, He announced he was entering the rumble like over a month ago making him the 1st person on the roster to declare his entry. They already got his elimination planned out.

Why did this get absolutely loving awesome halfway through? I wanna see her fight Leyla Hirsch. Wait if she isn't the 1000 year old woman anymore, who is the spirit that's possessing Boa?

Sleepy warrior is an odd gimmick but if its good enough for King of Fighters I guess it's good enough for 2022 WWE

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 12, 2022

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
"Almost Super Heroes don't need any friend"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puhtaLX0XZU

Man that crowd is so quiet the first 40 secs it's legit making me uncomfortable, it's like someone died.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MassRafTer posted:

I don't know what is impressive at that yawning matrix move where she barely bends back at all and her opponent swings wildly way above her head.

Oh that sucked she needed to go way lower or maybe like kneel to fix the foot of the pajama instead. Some of the kicks were cool for wearing that. It's mostly the nuance isn't there; feels slapped together because she'll do a couple gimmick spots then just wrestle the house style until she tags out. Like she just got stuck with the gimmick

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MorningMoon posted:

Oh that sucked she needed to go way lower or maybe like kneel to fix the foot of the pajama instead. Some of the kicks were cool for wearing that. It's mostly the nuance isn't there; feels slapped together because she'll do a couple gimmick spots then just wrestle the house style until she tags out. Like she just got stuck with the gimmick

20-second orange cassidy is perfect for when she gets on the main roster and her matches are only 3 minutes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I was entertained by her antics. It does feel like a riff on OC, but different enough to where it can work if it's like, she just wants to sleep and will gently caress you up if you keep her from doing that.

Blaise330 posted:

20-second orange cassidy is perfect for when she gets on the main roster and her matches are only 3 minutes

I can identify with someone who wants to do the least amount of work possible while wanting to go back to sleep.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

A Beerus Gimmick is cool, but this being WWE this just seems like one of those old dude's kinks.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Wrestlers not caring about wrestling in the ring except out if obligation will always get over. Hell Naito is the most popular wrestler in Japan using it for several years, and who can forget The Giant in WCW literally smoking in the corner.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Blaise330 posted:

Man that crowd is so quiet the first 40 secs it's legit making me uncomfortable, it's like someone died.

Watching this was legit uncomfortable, 30 camera cuts in 15 seconds again

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

https://youtu.be/2lckZhkQEss

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Majinfoose posted:

A Beerus Gimmick is cool, but this being WWE this just seems like one of those old dude's kinks.

At the very least one of the old men writing this show has a humiliation fetish that gets projected on the entire women's division weekly

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I will nth the view that "sleepy woman in her jimjams who will beat you up then go back to bed" is a cool thing, and I enjoyed the one clip of it that I saw posted above.

However, I will also nth the view that it is inevitable that WWE will gently caress it up, run it into the ground, make it lame/toothless/bland, and change it entirely when she makes it to the main roster and wonder why it failed.

And poor Wendy Chu will be blamed for it all, and quietly fired and sent her poo poo in a bin bag.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Codependent Poster posted:

she just wants to sleep and will gently caress you up if you keep her from doing that.
As far as I'm concerned, that's the most relatable gimmick they've done in years.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Karrion Kross got fired and she still has to be a.s.h. this is one of the worst gimmicks of all time.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It would be really easy to turn a superhero heel. Nikki starts taking credit for increasingly minor things, then start staging accidents so she can be a hero. It’s not like half the writing staff couldn’t do a “Spider-Man: no more!“ parody. So, as is the case whenever the writing is bad, gently caress you Vince you goobrained fossil.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

This would be mildly amusing in any vaguely respectable promotion. In the WWE it is a death sentence. All of the 60 year old base is confused. She will be released within a month.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

cant believe they gave someone the gimmick of WWE’s biggest competitor

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I will nth the view that "sleepy woman in her jimjams who will beat you up then go back to bed" is a cool thing, and I enjoyed the one clip of it that I saw posted above.

However, I will also nth the view that it is inevitable that WWE will gently caress it up, run it into the ground, make it lame/toothless/bland, and change it entirely when she makes it to the main roster and wonder why it failed.

And poor Wendy Chu will be blamed for it all, and quietly fired and sent her poo poo in a bin bag.

Agreed on all points. Hearing the gimmick described vs. actually seeing it in action helps. But by no means am I going to watch NXT2.O

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

karmicknight posted:

also this isn't the early 2000s, the wwf is a real company who just settles out of court.
Not exactly. They have pretty much always been the opposite of what WCW was: If you sue WWE and have a provable case that could be damaging, especially in the eyes of investors, they'll settle. WCW, however, settled a *lot* of lawsuits over the years that they probably shouldn't have and was generally considered an easy target. Dunno who would be the best person to talk to about how WCW/their lawyers chose the cases that they *didn't* settle (or even the ones they fought for a while before settling), though.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Karrion Kross got fired and she still has to be a.s.h. this is one of the worst gimmicks of all time.

She only turned heel this week, they can still change her gimmick until next week and then she'll probably be Nikki C.A.V. (Clearly A Villain).

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Pajama Gal seems cool

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lol remember when pajama girl was Mei Ying, The Spooky Chinese Ghost Lady with animated lore vignettes

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I'm all in on Sleepy Wendy after someone pointed out she's an Asian Woman with an Orange Cassidy gimmick. She is going to make Jim Cornette explode. Push her to the moon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

It’s my least favourite gimmick ever.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Alaois posted:

lol remember when pajama girl was Mei Ying, The Spooky Chinese Ghost Lady with animated lore vignettes

Lmao, I was just wondering who she was before becoming sleepy pajamas.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

BrigadierSensible posted:

And everyone will claim she sucks rather than the problem being that she's booked badly, dismiss her when she shows up somewhere else, and be shocked when she puts on a good match.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

Lol it looks and sounds like all the crowd noise in that segment is piped in. No one reacts to the beatdown.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

this hurts my soul

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Blaise330 posted:

The zooming and camera cuts are to mask the fact that nobody is reacting.