Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Here are Hoffmann's videos for the Neo and 58 if that would help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye5Amz7ddYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X84AYoNEQw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

nwin posted:

Yeah they make great espresso. A few pages ago there’s one guy talking about them.

I tried one and returned it. I didn’t like the preheating I had to do and the workflow wasn’t great for me.

I bought a cafelat robot and I like it much more. No need to preheat and the workflow works better for me.

yeah imo the 58 is the nicest of all the modern non-italian levers, but it's also the most expensive compared to its immediate competition and preheating is a mixed blessing, i like being able to mostly ignore it on my robot and bang out shots in like 3 minutes start-to-finish, though i'm sure some very light roasts would be better on the 58. i also agree with hoffmann that the big power brick design sucks bad, it's really a baffling solution to a problem when everything else about the machine is so elegant and well-designed

robot is still great for me, my only upgrade has been to buy a 57.5mm screen for it and an extra basket so I can do a second shot quickly without having to clean the first out

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

eke out posted:

yeah imo the 58 is the nicest of all the modern non-italian levers, but it's also the most expensive compared to its immediate competition and preheating is a mixed blessing, i like being able to mostly ignore it on my robot and bang out shots in like 3 minutes start-to-finish, though i'm sure some very light roasts would be better on the 58. i also agree with hoffmann that the big power brick design sucks bad, it's really a baffling solution to a problem when everything else about the machine is so elegant and well-designed

robot is still great for me, my only upgrade has been to buy a 57.5mm screen for it and an extra basket so I can do a second shot quickly without having to clean the first out

I’ve thought about a second basket but it’s me and my wife so it’s not usually too bad. I haven’t bothered with a screen. Does that just save you from washing the shower screen off in between uses? You’ve gotta wash the puck screen off in between, right?

I’m definitely thinking about a la pavoni or other lever at some point, just to have the steaming ability built in, but my robot is just so loving easy to use.

My Niche Zero just shipped…this loving hobby…I went from “oh a hand grinder is good enough, who the gently caress pays $700 for a grinder?” To “oh sweet I need that.”

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

nwin posted:

I’ve thought about a second basket but it’s me and my wife so it’s not usually too bad. I haven’t bothered with a screen. Does that just save you from washing the shower screen off in between uses? You’ve gotta wash the puck screen off in between, right?

screen's more about even distribution of flow across the puck, as far as i understand, similar to what putting a paper filter over the top does, reduces channeling

haven't had a chance to try it much but the real big espresso nerds all seem to agree on this, so i figured why not

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

How many shots out of 10 do you guys nail with these levers? I had a budget system years back with a preciso and gaggia, but had a poo poo number of hits and gave up. I currently have a capresso for pour over, so I'd likely get one of these finer hand grinders and a lever for occasional use, not daily

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My hit rate with my La Pavoni is much much higher than with my Gaggia. Once you get technique down you can do more to control flow rate and effectively compensate for incorrect grind size. I'd say I'm at a 95% hit rate, I occassionly make something undrinkable on my very first pull off a new bean but after dialing in it's all golden.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Not strictly coffee related, but I couldn’t believe I found this limited edition Fellow Stagg at a local thrift store for $45. It’s brand new.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Google Butt posted:

How many shots out of 10 do you guys nail with these levers? I had a budget system years back with a preciso and gaggia, but had a poo poo number of hits and gave up. I currently have a capresso for pour over, so I'd likely get one of these finer hand grinders and a lever for occasional use, not daily

9 out of 10 maybe?
I do medium to dark roast and don’t play with beans much. If I experimented or used lighter roasts my success would probably be less since I’d spend more time dialing in.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

drat okay, that's awesome. So basically, assuming I get a hand grinder to pair, what's the cheapest press worth buying?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Google Butt posted:

drat okay, that's awesome. So basically, assuming I get a hand grinder to pair, what's the cheapest press worth buying?

I’d say the flair signature. It comes with a pressure gauge which is helpful to eliminate another unknown variable. It’s $249.

I wouldn’t bother with the Neo because you’re planning to get a good hand grinder so no need for the pressurized portafilter.

If you do milk drinks, either a cheap frother from amazon/ikea or a nanofoamer and a steel pitcher.

Edit: I would check out some videos on the workflow like James Hoffman or sprometheus. Just so you know what you’re kinda getting into. Like I said, it was too finicky for me and I love the robot, but it’s also $400+.

This is a quick link on IG

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYgiN7Wh4th/?utm_medium=share_sheet

nwin fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 11, 2022

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Google Butt posted:

How many shots out of 10 do you guys nail with these levers?

Yeah after the first month of learning, I only really miss the mark when I have a new bean. Within 2 shots of a new bean I'm really enjoying my shots, and milk can always cover any mistakes in that dialing in process.

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Crain posted:

Finally got my machine last night.

While trying to dial it in I was finding that tamping the puck with anything more than the weight of the tamper itself would seize up the shot. So I just distribute best I can, pop the tamper in, and spin it.

Started trying 20g in the double basket, then slowly dialed it back to 15g. So my current dose is 15g in, 40ish out @30ish seconds per shot. Tastes pretty ok, not sour, not too bitter. I'm using Lavazza Super Crema right now.

Bu tI also gotta tell on myself: after finally getting a decent shot and making an ok latte, I clogged my grinder. Forgot I used my usual weighing cup to purge the steam wand and the beans were wet. Tried to grind another shot without paying attention and fully blocked up the grinder. Had to do a full teardown, and the grind chute was completely impacted with what felt like plaster of paris. Then I had to rebuild it twice because I did something wrong the first time.

It's working great now though. While I had the grinder open I did the "adjustment" trick on the retention collar to get finer grinding settings and I found a pretty good setting again after re-dialing it in.

Now I'm three drinks in so far today and will probably not be sleeping.

There's something very wrong with your process. If you can't properly tamp your puck without your shot seizing up and you are clogging your grinder, my guess would be that you're grinding much too fine. What grinder and machine are you using?

Happy Pizza Guy
Jun 24, 2004

"Yeah, it was incredible, the drugs, the sex, the all-night parties. I really miss that Shining Time Station."
Grimey Drawer

qutius posted:

I am going to have about 2k to spend on an upgraded espresso setup. I've been rocking a Baratza Preciso for years and have been happy with the grinder but I want a step up.

The machine I've been running, a Breville Infuser, has been fine as well, but I want an upgrade there too.

If you had two grand to spend at Clive Coffee, and typically pulling shots only and not many milk drinks at all, what would you be going after?

It seems like the Eureka Specialita or the Oro single dose along with the Lelit Victoria would be good fits. Any thoughts?

I just swapped my Breville Infuser for a Lelit MaraX at the beginning of the year and I'm loving it - huge upgrade in every way. I did so much research and just kept coming back to it. A few of the highlights:

• The double-PID setup that controls E61 grouphead temperature is totally unique to this machine, even a year after its release. You get all of the benefits of an E61 and none of flushing to manage temperatures.
  • Double boiler machines in this price range (Lelit Elizabeth, I'm looking at you) are quite physically unattractive to me.
  • Further, double boiler hype seems way overblown in practice (especially since it inherently limits the size of the boilers if you want to have a reasonable sized machine on your countertop).
  • You can flip a switch and make it into a traditional E61 if you want more steam pressure or don't mind flushing before brewing. Having said that, the steam pressure has been strong in coffee-priority mode.
  • $1,400 price tag left me some money if I ever want to upgrade my grinder to a Niche Zero or the like. I already had a Baratza Vario that is serving me well (and was recently serviced/upgraded), so I've kicked that down the road a bit, personally.
  • Flow control is fun and it came as a free upgrade when I ordered from Chris' Coffee.
  • It's even narrower than my Breville Infuser, but it weighs 50 pounds. This results in a bit of a crowded looking control panel, but I haven't run into any problems in practice, and I think it looks quite nice overall.
  • Gentle, linear pre-infusion means I can get good shots without putting in a ton of effort, but if I want to get fiddly with temperatures/pressures/etc, I can.

Having said all that, if you really don't need steaming capabilities, the Flair 58 and the Cafelat Robot both supposedly produce fantastic results, as does the steam wand-less Quick Mill Carola Evo (which is an E61 single boiler without a steam wand).

Edit: I'm sorry to say that neither the MaraX nor the Carola Evo are available off of Clive Coffee's website, but they stock other Lelit and Quick Mill machines. If you're truly locked in to a specific vendor I'm sure you could request a special order for a competitive price.

Happy Pizza Guy fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 12, 2022

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Google Butt posted:

Yeah, like others said, you'll maybe have a bad shot dialing something new in (especially with less forgiving lighter roasts), but the robot is a consistent enough machine that it's rare to not be able to pull good shots on coffees you're used to, assuming you can stay consistent with grind/puck prep/etc.

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

Happy Pizza Guy posted:

I just swapped my Breville Infuser for a Lelit MaraX at the beginning of the year and I'm loving it - huge upgrade in every way. I did so much research and just kept coming back to it. A few of the highlights:

• The double-PID setup that controls E61 grouphead temperature is totally unique to this machine, even a year after its release. You get all of the benefits of an E61 and none of flushing to manage temperatures.
  • Double boiler machines in this price range (Lelit Elizabeth, I'm looking at you) are quite physically unattractive to me.
  • Further, double boiler hype seems way overblown in practice (especially since it inherently limits the size of the boilers if you want to have a reasonable sized machine on your countertop).
  • You can flip a switch and make it into a traditional E61 if you want more steam pressure or don't mind flushing before brewing. Having said that, the steam pressure has been strong in coffee-priority mode.
  • $1,400 price tag left me some money if I ever want to upgrade my grinder to a Niche Zero or the like. I already had a Baratza Vario that is serving me well (and was recently serviced/upgraded), so I've kicked that down the road a bit, personally.
  • Flow control is fun and it came as a free upgrade when I ordered from Chris' Coffee.
  • It's even narrower than my Breville Infuser, but it weighs 50 pounds. This results in a bit of a crowded looking control panel, but I haven't run into any problems in practice, and I think it looks quite nice overall.
  • Gentle, linear pre-infusion means I can get good shots without putting in a ton of effort, but if I want to get fiddly with temperatures/pressures/etc, I can.

Having said all that, if you really don't need steaming capabilities, the Flair 58 and the Cafelat Robot both supposedly produce fantastic results, as does the steam wand-less Quick Mill Carola Evo (which is an E61 single boiler without a steam wand)

Edit: I'm sorry to say that neither the MaraX nor the Carola Evo are available off of Clive Coffee's website, but they stock other Lelit and Quick Mill machines. If you're truly locked in to a specific vendor I'm sure you could request a special order for a competitive price.

Great feedback, and exactly the kind of response I was hoping to get.

I mention Clive only because I'm in Portland and I drive by their storefront often. I have heard nothing but good things and wouldn't mind giving them my money since they'd be my local resource for any issues, returns, etc. I will give them a call about the MaraX since they do sell other Lelit machines as mentioned.

When it comes to milk drinks, I don't mind them. A great cortado hits all my buttons for sure, but I'd only drink one of those compared to 2 or 3 other shots in my day to day coffee drinking. When it comes to the grinder, I've had my Preciso so long, and it has served me so loving well, I really don't mind replacing it with $700 - 800. I have gotten my monies worth from that grinder, from a cross country move to using it in my truck while I camp, getting an upgrade there seems more than reasonable. Kicking up the budget a bit isn't out of the question either, but it wouldn't be by much at this point.

Thanks again for the reply!

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

qutius posted:

I am going to have about 2k to spend on an upgraded espresso setup. I've been rocking a Baratza Preciso for years and have been happy with the grinder but I want a step up.

The machine I've been running, a Breville Infuser, has been fine as well, but I want an upgrade there too.

If you had two grand to spend at Clive Coffee, and typically pulling shots only and not many milk drinks at all, what would you be going after?

It seems like the Eureka Specialita or the Oro single dose along with the Lelit Victoria would be good fits. Any thoughts?

I bought my current setup from Clive and they are very nice and easy to work with. With $2,000 to spend and a focus on just espresso, I think your instinct to go with the Lilit Victoria is a good one. Moving from a single boiler to a dual boiler or heat exchanger will run you at least an extra $500 and you don't need it. The Victoria has a temp control PID and pre-infusion, so it's the obvious single boiler choice. Spend the money you save on the grinder. The Eureka Mignon Oro would be the way to go if you want to stick with Clive for the grinder too. I single dose with a Mignon Silenzio and it does OK even though it isn't really designed for single dosing. I bet the Oro would be a nice upgrade. The Niche would be another good option, especially if you want to make coffee other than espresso. The continuous adjustment on the Mignon grinders makes it a pain to do anything other than espresso in my experience.

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

consensual poster posted:

I bought my current setup from Clive and they are very nice and easy to work with. With $2,000 to spend and a focus on just espresso, I think your instinct to go with the Lilit Victoria is a good one. Moving from a single boiler to a dual boiler or heat exchanger will run you at least an extra $500 and you don't need it. The Victoria has a temp control PID and pre-infusion, so it's the obvious single boiler choice. Spend the money you save on the grinder. The Eureka Mignon Oro would be the way to go if you want to stick with Clive for the grinder too. I single dose with a Mignon Silenzio and it does OK even though it isn't really designed for single dosing. I bet the Oro would be a nice upgrade. The Niche would be another good option, especially if you want to make coffee other than espresso. The continuous adjustment on the Mignon grinders makes it a pain to do anything other than espresso in my experience.

Awesome, that's good feedback as well. PID and pre-infusion are the two things I really want. Any guests I have over aren't really looking for milk drinks and if they are, banging some milk out after their shot will be easy so the dual boiler/heat exchanger is a pretty moot point for me the more I think about it.

And to be honest, since getting my current setup, I haven't made coffee any other way besides espresso at home. I still have a kettle and the CCD, but I only use it when going camping at this point. I will likely just keep the Preciso around for non-espresso grinding or toss it into my mobile rig and call it a day.

The Oro does look appealing. I'm to the point where I'll give Clive a call or see if I can stop in given the current covid situation and see what their suggestions are, but it is feeling more and more like I have things pretty well narrowed down. Can't wait!

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

eke out posted:

buy a 57.5mm screen for it and an extra basket so I can do a second shot quickly without having to clean the first out

When you say you bought a screen as an upgrade, are you talking about getting a mesh screen to replace the filter screen Robots already come with? Or do you use it some other way?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

.Z. posted:

When you say you bought a screen as an upgrade, are you talking about getting a mesh screen to replace the filter screen Robots already come with? Or do you use it some other way?

you put it on top in place of a paper filter.

see, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bks7Li6642M

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
I got a knockoff screen like that and it's worked pretty well so far. Sadly I've got a Silvia so the screw locking in the shower screen means I have to underdose pretty heavily to not bend/warp the screen.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Blehhhhhhh

So as previously mentioned I recently got back into coffee after a long absence, on the basis that I would only drink good coffee (i.e. specialty shops or home-made).

Today I was on site all day with no access to anything after my morning cup of Aeropress at home. So at coffee time I wandered to the green room and saw they had a modern-looking commercial bean-to-cup machine, and I thought I'd try it just to see. I picked an espresso - it had a round LCD screen with a pressure gauge on it (so you know it's real espresso! because pressure!). The coffee came shooting out in about 5 seconds and managed to taste both under and overextracted at the same time.

I may need to become That Guy, asking for hot water for his "funny coffee syringe" :v:

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

eke out posted:

you put it on top in place of a paper filter.

see, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bks7Li6642M

So you are using the mesh screen to completely replace the Robot's included filter screen, correct?

Or are you using the mesh filter alongside the Robot's included filter screen? Sorta like how this guy is using both a paper filter + the Robot's filter screen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqyD78-Hwc

Though in either case, have you found it made for a noticeable improvement in shot quality?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

.Z. posted:

So you are using the mesh screen to completely replace the Robot's included filter screen, correct?

Or are you using the mesh filter alongside the Robot's included filter screen? Sorta like how this guy is using both a paper filter + the Robot's filter screen?

Though in either case, have you found it made for a noticeable improvement in shot quality?

just bought it, won't get to try it out till it gets here later this week but i believe you have to put the robot's filter on top still

that said, i do think generally putting paper filters on tops is optional but makes shots a little bit better. i kinda expect a similar marginal improvement with the screen, enough you can notice but probably still pretty subtle -- and even if that's all it is i'll be happy, as i hate having yet another disposable paper product to buy

eke out fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 12, 2022

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Gonna do a descale and backflush tomorrow back to back on my Breville infuser. Is there an order I should go in?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

drat the robot is a beautiful device, kind of out of my budget right now since I'd have to buy a grinder, but drat

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Google Butt posted:

drat the robot is a beautiful device, kind of out of my budget right now since I'd have to buy a grinder, but drat

Depending where you’re looking it’s not as bad.

Cafune in Canada offers $10 shipping to the states and usually has a 10% off coupon. You can also resell the robot for basically what you spent if you decide it’s not for you.

Sorry, done playing devils advocate but I love my robot.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

eke out posted:

just bought it, won't get to try it out till it gets here later this week but i believe you have to put the robot's filter on top still

that said, i do think generally putting paper filters on tops is optional but makes shots a little bit better. i kinda expect a similar marginal improvement with the screen, enough you can notice but probably still pretty subtle -- and even if that's all it is i'll be happy, as i hate having yet another disposable paper product to buy

Got it, hope it proves worthwhile. I got my Robot before the paper filters started being a thing and have not tried it out still.

On the topic of upgrades, I got the hands and thought they were a significant improvement to usage and comfort.

https://www.cafelatstore.com/products/robot-hands
https://prima-coffee.com/equipment/cafelat/comfortable-mittens-cafel-sp

Google Butt posted:

I love my Robot, but it's not like it pulls better shots than the Flair. It's just less fussy. You don't have to preheat anything and cleanup is really quick. Also Flair's got arguably better ergonomics.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

.Z. posted:

Got it, hope it proves worthwhile. I got my Robot before the paper filters started being a thing and have not tried it out still.

On the topic of upgrades, I got the hands and thought they were a significant improvement to usage and comfort.

https://www.cafelatstore.com/products/robot-hands
https://prima-coffee.com/equipment/cafelat/comfortable-mittens-cafel-sp

I love my Robot, but it's not like it pulls better shots than the Flair. It's just less fussy. You don't have to preheat anything and cleanup is really quick. Also Flair's got arguably better ergonomics.

Agreed on flair’s ergonomics. I bought the robot with mittens and tried taking them off for a few shots-hated it.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
It's not a bad idea to preheat the basket for light roasts, though. I just run some hot water from my dispenser through before I put grounds in, simple enough

Scrapfarmer
Jan 23, 2010

Spiggy posted:

I got a knockoff screen like that and it's worked pretty well so far. Sadly I've got a Silvia so the screw locking in the shower screen means I have to underdose pretty heavily to not bend/warp the screen.

I've replaced the original shower screen with this one a few years ago, and it's working great. I'm really not sure why they decided to go with such a bulky hex screw in the first place. :iiam:

e: looks like the guy running that site kind of .. quit in 2015? http in a webshop isn't a great sign either. Fruition has one that seems like a possible/promising alternative, but I can't vouch for that one personally.

Scrapfarmer fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jan 13, 2022

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

not to spam this thread with "my coffee journal", but I have finally hit the point with the v60 where the process of brewing two cups is a calming little ritual, just like making tea or coffee with the aeropress, and I feel like that is a huge step. I consistently get nice tasting cups from it, and I've stopped fretting over minute little details as much. :coffeepal:

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

ulvir posted:

not to spam this thread with "my coffee journal", but I have finally hit the point with the v60 where the process of brewing two cups is a calming little ritual, just like making tea or coffee with the aeropress, and I feel like that is a huge step. I consistently get nice tasting cups from it, and I've stopped fretting over minute little details as much. :coffeepal:

Props. That also means you probably have the muscle memory down enough to make it in the morning and avoid the coffee paradox.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

JohnCompany posted:

Props. That also means you probably have the muscle memory down enough to make it in the morning and avoid the coffee paradox.

Didn't Heisenbrot solve that? Or did he merely posit it.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Is James Hoffmann on a well deserved vacation and will come back with more content or have we reached the end of the third wave?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Lord Stimperor posted:

Is James Hoffmann on a well deserved vacation and will come back with more content or have we reached the end of the third wave?

He got his 1 million YouTube subscribers and peaced out!

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I just checked the channel again and there's a new one. Brunch saved!

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Lord Stimperor posted:

Was probably holidays.

MustacheNet
Dec 26, 2011

qutius posted:

Awesome, that's good feedback as well. PID and pre-infusion are the two things I really want. Any guests I have over aren't really looking for milk drinks and if they are, banging some milk out after their shot will be easy so the dual boiler/heat exchanger is a pretty moot point for me the more I think about it.

And to be honest, since getting my current setup, I haven't made coffee any other way besides espresso at home. I still have a kettle and the CCD, but I only use it when going camping at this point. I will likely just keep the Preciso around for non-espresso grinding or toss it into my mobile rig and call it a day.

The Oro does look appealing. I'm to the point where I'll give Clive a call or see if I can stop in given the current covid situation and see what their suggestions are, but it is feeling more and more like I have things pretty well narrowed down. Can't wait!

I'll rep the Oro Single Dose, the enormous burrs are magic. I pre-ordered one months ago and have been using it for a bit. The Niche soundly beats it in cord management and I would love if anyone would address this as well as they did, also the Niche dial is easier to understand. The Oro dial goes from 0-9 but not just once, you can spin it over and over so it's a bit of a guess what you're doing at the beginning and I started closer to drip and had to crank it down. That said, it makes such tiny adjustments you can make smaller changes easier than the Niche. Once you're dialed, it's a non issue though.

Glad to answer questions.

I keep an old Vario around for non-espresso so I'm not dialing in espresso every time.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

having finished a bag of light roasted coffee and a bag of medium roasted coffee, I honestly don’t understand why the darker stuff exists for brewer coffee. the light roasted stuff is objectively better in every way, and I’m never buying anything else from here on out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

ulvir posted:

having finished a bag of light roasted coffee and a bag of medium roasted coffee, I honestly don’t understand why the darker stuff exists for brewer coffee. the light roasted stuff is objectively better in every way, and I’m never buying anything else from here on out

Because taste, experience, and preference is subjective, not objective. Your preference is for light roast is awesome, and there’s a lot of awesome for you to explore. But it’s not for everyone and that’s okay too.