Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

lilljonas posted:

Is this the famous Danish liberal freedom ideals I've been hearing of?

Where have you been hearing of those? Please report to the nearest police station for interrogation.

Also, last I heard, it was a "friendly reminder on what is and isn't allowed when reporting on spy agencies". In other words, FE is up to some super shady stuff, that they don't want to get leaked, so they're trying to tie national security on it.

Ten bucks say it's gross violations of privacy because the yanks asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I think that's pretty much a given.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
i blasted by a stop sign on my uppkörning, and passed? Dude said "well there were no cars on the road so it's fine".
I mean i learned the tires of the car had to be completely still before driving on at those.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
The guy who has been in charge of both the PET and FE (basically the fbi and cia of denmark, such as it is) for a combined 12 years, is charged with treason maaaybe not treason, but probably something similar, and has been in prison for a month so far. For having leaked highly classified information. The PET apparently had extensive survellence on him, including phone tapping. Supposedly it's the same guy who had an FE employee create a arabic version of the jaeger corps book (which the ministry of defence wanted banned because they thought it contained super secret things), so it would look like terrorists were using the book and it would make a better case against the author (e: obviously this backfired as it was found out that the translation came from FE). Eventually this cost the defence minister his position. It's all pretty weird, but seems super corrupt. Unsupringly.

e: vv fixed

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jan 10, 2022

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Not technically treason, but under the same heading in the criminal code.

https://danskelove.dk/straffeloven/109

Supposedly. The charge is still secret.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I think städgate is pretty funny. I don’t know what S is doing with this current government but it feels like they don’t really have a clue.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
FE guy gets a new job cleaning Magdas house. SVT's newest quality reality sitcom.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Dirk Pitt posted:

I think städgate is pretty funny. I don’t know what S is doing with this current government but it feels like they don’t really have a clue.

Städgate is the most ’who cares’ thing so far

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

von Braun posted:

Städgate is the most ’who cares’ thing so far

It breaks kayfabe of security theater so hard. It owns.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

There's always toblerone-gate. Which incidentally brought down another prominent female social democrat.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Supposedly it's the same guy who had an FE employee create a arabic version of the jaeger corps book (which the ministry of defence wanted banned because they thought it contained super secret things), so it would look like terrorists were using the book and it would make a better case against the author (e: obviously this backfired as it was found out that the translation came from FE).

lmao what how have I missed this, do you have a link to the full story?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Potrzebie posted:

It breaks kayfabe of security theater so hard. It owns.

Pretty much this.
So the person who was finance minister for 7 years and now prime minister have not checked who was cleaning her house.
Also, Kollektivavtal, who cares.

Also, the RUT debate is now officially dead since the whole political class does it.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Except V, as usual

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Revelation 2-13 posted:

The guy who has been in charge of both the PET and FE (basically the fbi and cia of denmark, such as it is) for a combined 12 years, is charged with treason maaaybe not treason, but probably something similar, and has been in prison for a month so far. For having leaked highly classified information. The PET apparently had extensive survellence on him, including phone tapping. Supposedly it's the same guy who had an FE employee create a arabic version of the jaeger corps book (which the ministry of defence wanted banned because they thought it contained super secret things), so it would look like terrorists were using the book and it would make a better case against the author (e: obviously this backfired as it was found out that the translation came from FE). Eventually this cost the defence minister his position. It's all pretty weird, but seems super corrupt. Unsupringly.

e: vv fixed

loving embarrassment.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

What did he leak and to whom did he leak it?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

TheFluff posted:

lmao what how have I missed this, do you have a link to the full story?

DR has an article with some of it here: https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/hemmelig-pet-taskforce-aflyttede-spionchef-lars-findsen-i-maanedsvis-afsloere-laek

I don't remember it super clearly. I think the wiki on the 'i krig med elite' has the main info. He was departmentschef in the ministry of defence at the time, having been head of the PET for 5 years prior. According to DR it was him who pointed to the arabian translation of the book to the minister of defence and pushed him to use it (who, hilariously, when asked in a live tv show, who would be responible if it turned out book was made by FE said: 'Dad here! The buck stops with me'. RIP). Turned out that not only was the translation probably done by using google translate at FE, they probably also seeded it on a torrent to make it more convincing - you know, they seeded a torrent of a fake translation of a book they said couldn't be published because it contained state secrets. Afaik the problem was mainly that the author said that the jaeger corps had been in afghanistan "the whole time".

Same guy currently in jail was btw also one of the several people at FE that the permanent 'intellience-service oversight committee' made a scalding critique of, and who was taken off duty and sent home for a month or something a couple of years ago. They were later (not that long ago) cleared by a another committee under great mystery and secrecy.

ted hitler hunter posted:

What did he leak and to whom did he leak it?

We don't know. Fun answer is even money on russians or right wing extremists. It's way more likely that it's just that FE sends data on danish citizens to the NSA on a regular basis, that everybody knows about, but is technically illegal. It's probably something along the lines that NSA siphons literally all internet and telecommunications data produced in denmark, and we get access to it in return. It's too expensive and too complex for ourselves to build IT systems and tools that can handle something like that.

E: my money is on that the case will end up being like the similar ones in the US, where the laywers will claim technically as long as the data isn't collected specifically about danish citizens (since it's literally all data) and it's only available if you search for it, and it's in the cloud, or a secret, secure, underground lair, you don't really targeted any danish citizens and as such it's not really, blah, blah, blah.

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 10, 2022

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
He got arrested in the airport... On his way to Macedonia. :denmark:

https://radarmedia.dk/kilder-faengslet-fe-chef-havde-kurs-mod-makedonien-forud-for-anholdelse/

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 10, 2022

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I don't remember it super clearly. I think the wiki on the 'i krig med elite' has the main info. He was departmentschef in the ministry of defence at the time, having been head of the PET for 5 years prior. According to DR it was him who pointed to the arabian translation of the book to the minister of defence and pushed him to use it (who, hilariously, when asked in a live tv show, who would be responible if it turned out book was made by FE said: 'Dad here! The buck stops with me'. RIP). Turned out that not only was the translation probably done by using google translate at FE, they probably also seeded it on a torrent to make it more convincing - you know, they seeded a torrent of a fake translation of a book they said couldn't be published because it contained state secrets. Afaik the problem was mainly that the author said that the jaeger corps had been in afghanistan "the whole time".

It was my understanding that an arabic translation never actually existed. Some idiot at PET just googled something like "I krig med eliten arabic torrent", and lo and behold google had many results to websites definitely containing arabic versions of I krig med eliten.

And that was pretty much it. Did anyone actually see an arabic translation at that time?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Per posted:

It was my understanding that an arabic translation never actually existed. Some idiot at PET just googled something like "I krig med eliten arabic torrent", and lo and behold google had many results to websites definitely containing arabic versions of I krig med eliten.

And that was pretty much it. Did anyone actually see an arabic translation at that time?

Yeah. It was leaked to journalists somehow. Iirc they had someone who was good at arabic read it and it was mostly gibberish. Like a google translated version, and it turned out it still had document info of being made on one of FEs computers. They could not see if it was ever seeded as a torrent though, which is what FE claimed. The FE it-chief who was later convicted (30 days contingent, no actual time) for lying about the origin of document, eventually admitted that he made an arabic translation of the book, but claimed it was in order to search for an arabic version on the internet. The purpsose is obviously not true, taken in context of higher ups (including the guy currently in jail) convincing the defence minister to come out and say that the terrorists were basically already using the book or whatever, eventually costing him the job.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I just listened to orientering på P1 from yesterday, and what I got is that basically no one knows what's actually going on, but they seem to like it to recent leaks to the press. I don't know if it's the real reason, but it also makes some sense.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
When the criticism of FE landed in Fall 2020 and Findsen (the director at the time) was sent home (ostensibly because FE were doing illegal stuff by working with NSA or whatever), it seemed like the opinion in military circles was that the civilian minister Trine Bramsen had hugely overreached and interfered with the Proper Way Things Are Done.

I'm not defending Bramsen in any way, but it's kind of funny if that order actually made the situation worse by ousting a guy at the top who was whistle blowing and presumably working against it. But I'm starting to think that the two cases aren't directly related after all, and it's just an organization full of people leaking info to the press. Which is suppose might not be such a bad thing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Scandinavia should probably just scrap their militaries

They could create some sort of national emergency force to use during natural disasters or whatever but I'm not sure what the point of a standing military is

Or get at least one nuke instead I guess

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Zzulu posted:

They could create some sort of national emergency force to use during natural disasters or whatever but I'm not sure what the point of a standing military is

I'm not sharing my nuke with the Danish. One each, at a minimum.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Zzulu posted:

As a Swedish home guard medic that was on 24 hour standby from Dec 14th to Jan 8th. I can tell you that we already are a national emergency force :v:

But I don't think the proper standing force is much of an issue. An overwhelming majority of them are civilians with "war placements" the only thing standing is their open spot in case of war.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

BonHair posted:

I just listened to orientering på P1 from yesterday, and what I got is that basically no one knows what's actually going on, but they seem to like it to recent leaks to the press. I don't know if it's the real reason, but it also makes some sense.

leaks of what though?

I can't readily think of anything it could be unless the leaks themselves were never published, just news of them happening?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Crespolini posted:

I'm not sharing my nuke with the Danish. One each, at a minimum.

One nuke, on Bornholm. Dual custody.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

jeebus bob posted:

leaks of what though?

I can't readily think of anything it could be unless the leaks themselves were never published, just news of them happening?

The overview by DR is pretty comprehensive:

Several media outlets have had stories sourced by leaks - Berlingske, Berlingske (both paywalled), Ekstrabladet and DR are all linked in the article. The big thing is probably the DR article, how we've helped NSA wiretap other European heads of government.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I guess it's time, now that they've successfully Tegnell'd the care homes, because the next variant will definitely respect Omicron immunity and vaccines, vira only get milder like textbooks said fifty years ago and the chronically ill are unpersons undeserving of life anyway, Sieg heil.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/eksperter-vi-skal-til-se-paa-corona-som-en-almindelig-saesoninfluenza

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Zzulu posted:

The point of having a military is that 2% of our GDP should go to it so we can buy crap from our NATO ally the USA. And by God have Denmark been trying to suck up to that NATO alliance.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

BonHair posted:

The point of having a military is that 2% of our GDP should go to it so we can buy crap from our NATO ally the USA. And by God have Denmark been trying to suck up to that NATO alliance.
It's called tribute.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

quote:

M: Omvänd bevisbörda för gängkriminell
Publicerad idag 21:04

Moderaterna vill att en gängkriminell som inte kan förklara hur han fått tag på dyra föremål och större summor pengar, ska kunna bli av med dem.

-Pengar och dyra statussymboler är tyvärr en väldigt stark attraktionskraft som många ungdomar lockas av, säger M:s Johan Forssell till TT.

Omvänd bevisbörda ska gälla dem som dömts för gängrelaterad brottslighet samt dem som inte dömts, men där man under exempelvis husrannsakan hittat pengar eller dyra föremål. Ett yrkande om förverkande ska därefter prövas i domstol där man måste förklara sig.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/snabbkollen/m-omvand-bevisborda-for-gangkriminell

I foresee no problems at all with implementing this genius idea

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
At some point, it will all ripple down to "the suspect reportedly has a microwave AND a fridge, but no receipts."

Extra hilarious since, on the same day....

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/fria-moderata-studentforbundet-kommer-inte-folja-nya-restriktionerna

quote:

Fria moderata studentförbundet: Kommer inte följa nya restriktionerna
UPPDATERAD IDAG 22:10PUBLICERAD IDAG 22:09
Demokratiska fri- och rättigheter trumfar regeringens nya coronarestriktioner, menar Fria moderata studentförbundet som inte kommer att följa dem.

Vansinne, menar läkaren Torsten Mossberg.

– Det är en otroligt bristande solidaritet mot samhällets svaga, säger han.

Utspelet från Fria moderata studentförbundet kom i en debattartikel i Svenska Dagbladet på tisdagen. Ordföranden John Norell menar att studenter lidit tillräckligt under pandemin och att mötesfriheten bör gå före.

På tisdagen debatterade han frågan med Torsten Mossberg, ordförande för såväl Seniora Läkare som Läkarförbundets etik- och ansvarsråd, i SVT:s Aktuellt.

– Det handlar om att värdera olika saker. Jag har ett ansvar mot mina medlemmar, om att ge dem möjlighet att utnyttja sin demokratiska och grundlagsskyddade rättighet att samlas, framhöll Norell.

– Det är viktigt med folkhälsan, men man måste också väga det mot effekter på ekonomin och mot mänskliga fri- och rättigheter.

”Det är vansinne”
Den inställningen är osolidarisk, menar Torsten Mossberg.

– Jag tycker att det är vansinne. Det är en otroligt bristande solidaritet mot samhällets svaga, och äldre som jag, som kan råka illa ut även i omikronsmittan.

Han håller med om att fri- och rättigheterna är viktiga.

– Men vi har en pandemi och en samhällsfarlig sjukdom. Det är inte läge att bara vara solidarisk med sin egen förening. Det är ett gemensamt arbete i samhället, säger Mossberg.

”Orimligt med årliga nedstängningar”
Den senaste tiden har antalet coronafall varit rekordmånga. Samtidigt har antalet sjukhusvårdade med sjukdomen varit relativt få jämfört med tidigare smittvågor. Andra sjukdomar, till exempel vinterkräksjuka och influensa, varit mer belastande för vården.

– Vi måste ställa oss frågan om det är rimligt att ha årliga nedstängningar varje vinter eller om vi behöver fundera på hur vi ska hantera det framöver. Det är bisarrt att vi efter två år inte ha tillräckligt med sjukvårdsplatser, men det legitimerar inte att inskränka demokratiska fri- och rättigheter, säger John Norell.

Thomas Mossberg håller med om att man måste diskutera de långsiktiga lösningarna, men att det är rimligt med restriktioner i det läge som nu råder.

– Just nu kan vi inte gå ut och säga att vi kan sprida smitta, säger han.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

LOL for thinking anyone m-related gives the slightest gently caress about the weak in society.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Poil posted:

LOL for thinking anyone m-related gives the slightest gently caress about the weak in society.

I'm pretty sure being opposed to them is giving a gently caress?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
How in the gently caress is sossarna allowing rich people on Djursholm a power rebate because they were too cheap to put in proper heating when they built their McMansions?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Deep inside, you know why.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Dirk Pitt posted:

How in the gently caress is sossarna allowing rich people on Djursholm a power rebate because they were too cheap to put in proper heating when they built their McMansions?

Because they, like most parties, don't care that much about poor people?

It's also very dumb on another level. At least 35% of energy customers don't have rörligt pris. The rest of us took the risk to save money and now we should, in a free market, reap what we sowed. But no, the middle and upper classes will not face the consequences of our actions. That would be unacceptable.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 12, 2022

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Yeah articles with people bemoaning electricity prices and you read the small print about bad isolation, heating with only direktverkande el and windows all over the place.

Like that DN article with a photo of a guy sitting in his heated “altan” with mostly windows facing the outside facade.

It is the 1000 dollar candle meme irl.

Not saying all examples are like that but some expect all the advantages of a house with none of the responsibilities and energy mitigations.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Falukorv posted:

Yeah articles with people bemoaning electricity prices and you read the small print about bad isolation, heating with only direktverkande el and windows all over the place.

Like that DN article with a photo of a guy sitting in his heated “altan” with mostly windows facing the outside facade.

290 kvm och Tesla på uppfarten. Det är tepanyaki-gate på repris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Apartment person here. I use 160kwh/month. I'm looking at 100-200 SEK/month higher EL-bills for 2022 and now I have to redo my a-retentive budget spreadsheet again :saddowns: