Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

https://twitter.com/DannyVegito/status/1480749937067532289
Not sure where to put this.
There is no farming thread, and the number thread, or the musk thread might think it's neat?

Looks pretty fake. Can't wait to see the article again in six months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Forceholy posted:

The entire scene of Darth Vader going apeshit on rebels was worth it alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM

Really amazing sequence that shows an understanding of the character and a commitment to take it seriously.

I think RLM has mentioned this a few times, but there’s this trend in movies to undermine their own characters and stories with Whedon dialogue to show they don’t take it too seriously. It’s nice to have a break from that.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/HikindDov/status/1480667692629733385

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Darth vader has always been the master of the Dad Joke.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

No disrespect to Ida Bell but no child wants this.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They already did The Matrix on a cow 20 years ago in Kung Pow, the funniest movie ever made.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

i say swears online posted:

malcolm was so radically different from everything else in the 90s. thank god for fox's blue collar aesthetic in that era

Have you ever realized that madtv was just a blue collar SNL??

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

watched altered carbon and s2 is clearly a different team entirely. all the nudity's gone, the ending sucks, way more action-focused and yet the action's worse. edgar allen poe and quellcrist falconer try to hold it together but s2's just a mess. also goddamn is the ending stupid.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
*reads season 2 synopsis*

what ... the gently caress!? the second book has such a cool story, just .. run it back lmao

god

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

chairface posted:

watched altered carbon and s2 is clearly a different team entirely. all the nudity's gone, the ending sucks, way more action-focused and yet the action's worse. edgar allen poe and quellcrist falconer try to hold it together but s2's just a mess. also goddamn is the ending stupid.

as an huge AC s1 fan, like i thought it was some of the best tv made recently, i was so loving angry at s2. it just sucked poo poo and mackey wasn't good at all in it either, infact i think he was real bad. it was so lazy, budget seemed to be 1/10th, and mostly farting around in some real lovely cheap sets and vancouver forests. and yeah no fun in it at all

real shame because S1 was really loving magical and good. the whole transhumanism dystopia capital-hellscape in a neo-noir setting and dope lighting and sets was just so cool. it didn't explore the setting as much as it could have, but it oozed enough from the background. kinneman and ortega's chemistry was real good too

try smoking a lot of weed and watch AC s1 at 1am sometime if you haven't already seen it.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 08:49 on Jan 12, 2022

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Looks pretty fake. Can't wait to see the article again in six months.

at least when they did it for chickens it was plausible that the headset fit, this dumb cow has one on each eye

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
So I saw the first two episodes of Righteous Gemstones, Season 2.

I liked the first season enough. At first, it seemed like the show was gonna veer towards turning into Succession, but religious. Thankfully, the ending of the second episode puts a damper to that. I'm pretty interested in how this turns out.

I like how they sort of hint at the pandemic, but still let their congregation gather maskless at church, which is totally in line with Megachurches.

Eric Andre and Eric Roberts are both great antagonists this season, and Edi Patterson continues to steal the show. That rant accusing Eli of sleeping with Eric Robert's character was incredible.

Still waiting on Baby Billy.

E: Jason Schwartzman got a bit chubby.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
comet movie was ok, they could have cut it down to 90 minutes without really losing anything. the ending would've been better if all the pods were just full of skeletons, the joke wasn't really that funny and zuck musk's tech actually working kinda undermines the previous events

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Just wait till this guy discovered what he can order at barnes and noble

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/mein%20kaumpf

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

let me know when they do Lucy Parsons

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

comet movie was ok, they could have cut it down to 90 minutes without really losing anything. the ending would've been better if all the pods were just full of skeletons, the joke wasn't really that funny and zuck musk's tech actually working kinda undermines the previous events
yeah I'd have enjoyed that more. or the name of the thing that gets streep is the name of a supernova or something

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

help i dont understand what this has to do with the negotiations with the kremlin

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Some Guy TT posted:

help i dont understand what this has to do with the negotiations with the kremlin

Slavs aren't human, Putin is a warlock

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Slavs aren't human, Putin is a warlock

yep

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Falkor the Luck Dragon od'd on fent.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

the answer to everything

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
A Harry potter reference would be more on-brand anyway

Putin is uh... Voldemort and um, his soldiers are wizards and trump is the guy with the beard played by Robbie coltrane and

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Some Guy TT posted:

Ever heard the term "empty suit"??

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Ever heard the term "empty suit"??

heard the term? my friend, they sign my paycheques :rimshot:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

drat horror queefs posted:

There was not a SINGLE DAMNED BOTHAN in the entire rogue one film and the furry community will not abide such erasure

Bothans got the second death star's plan you rebel scum

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/dumbguypod/status/1481375103095132163?s=21

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lego my kingo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
would you recommend reading the watchmen book first or just watching the dang movie

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

smarxist posted:

would you recommend reading the watchmen book first or just watching the dang movie

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i saw an interesting video about dr manhattan and got v. intrigued ta check it out

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

there is a not-insignificant amount of dong hanged (by sheer length, not diversity/quantity metric) in the movie, so it's worth a watch on that alone.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the book Watchmen is fine, don’t worry if your eyes slide off the words sometimes just appreciate the amazing art. I stopped reading the pirate comic like 1/4 in and just looked at the panels

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

book watchmen is genuine literature, film watchmen is a fun pulpy translation that doesn't quite convey the same sense of cold war doom given that it was made 20 years too late, but it does have nipples on the owlsuit so who's to say

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i'd say just watch the television program

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

josh04 posted:

book watchmen is genuine literature, film watchmen is a fun pulpy translation that doesn't quite convey the same sense of cold war doom given that it was made 20 years too late, but it does have nipples on the owlsuit so who's to say

Synder's completely misses the point of the book though. He thought the whole reason the book was good is because it popularized violence and sex in comic books.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Synder's completely misses the point of the book though. He thought the whole reason the book was good is because it popularized violence and sex in comic books.

So did DC and Marvel

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

smarxist posted:

the novelization is never as good as the movie itself, I wouldn't recommend it

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

AnimeIsTrash posted:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this idea has certainly become a popular one but i don't really think it holds up; if you thought that the point of say, the alley fight scene was that dan and laurie are extremely cool and badass, then you'd probably separate it from the scene where dr manhatten gets told he gave a load of people cancer. you'd also probably have dan's incredible nerd hairdo look cool and sexy by the end of the fight, rather than sweaty and matted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uFkyVVyqa0

the climax on the other hand is a definite change that there are arguments for and against - making the threat to the world an american project gone rogue has major 9/11 energy that doesn't quite gel with the rest of the film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Feldegast42 posted:

the novelization is never as good as the movie itself, I wouldn't recommend it

at a scholastic book fair in elementary school i bought the novelization to Dumb and Dumber