Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Bruceski posted:

Assuming 2-slot pentameldable items (the current crafted gear)
First 2 slots: free, they're already open.
Third slot: 17%, can be X/XIII/VI (as well as others)
Fourth slot: 10%, can only be XI/VII/V (or lower, IV on down have no restrictions)
Fifth slot: 7%, same restrictions as fourth.

Right, duh. The only excuse I have is I was woken up by my cats fighting and couldn't get back to sleep. Shouldn't have posted while less than half awake. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

We've already fought the Lord (of the Inferno, Whorl, Mist, Hive, Revel), the Creator ('s Eyes, breath, Heart and Soul), and Alpha & Omega (They're friends now) and they all require different openers because they're different level fights :colbert:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I should have gone to bed an hour ago but I couldn't sleep without talking about giant owls in the Heavensward LP.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

That's the no blizzard meme rotation, not to be confused with the no Fire 4 meme rotation.

Black Mage is so cursed this expansion.

In an environment which has arguably smoothed out rotations and abilities too much its kinda badass Black Mage is still out there doing weird semi-viable meme builds based off of arcane skill interactions, it's the sole job still carrying on the 2.0 torch

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's not an "arcane skill interaction" it just seems tough for them to balance the basic job rotation of "spend time doing weaker (ice) skills in order to lengthen the phase where you do stronger (fire) skills." Mostly because going through the whole fire-ice cycle faster by skipping skills can also be a damage increase.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'll probably just play whatever sub-optimal rotation feels natural and completely ignore the class once I finish the role quest, just like last expansion.

hexwren posted:

re: bozja, I feel like I should go back there at some point, but...

I got there late by only finishing SHB after bozja hit, and so every time I tried to get into a party to do anything (necessary, I am Bad At Game) the party would inevitably break up after five or ten minutes as everyone left for Castrum, or the party would truck out into the later zones where I could not go, and I'd go back to base for another ten or twenty minutes until the next instanced encounter to link up with a party and repeat the process all over again.

everyone I tried to explain this to fell all over themselves to explain to me how easy the bozja grind was (most of the time their explanations were predicated on "running castrum," "being in later zones," or "having a party for a few hours," which, see above)

I can't remember the last time I went into bozja, and I've been stuck at rep level seven since dinosaurs roamed the earth

i also have extreme elixir syndrome about the items, especially since I have no idea which of any of them are worth using, but that's probably to be addressed after the whole "maybe get to level ten" thing

I only started Bozja back in July, well after the whole thing was released, and I managed to grind it out over the course of a few weeks. The stat potions should be used often, the bumps are massive and will carry you through the content.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 12, 2022

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Level 89 spoiler
man the “everyone is here” scene is so heartwarming especially with everyone from every single expansion and side mission pops up

It’s literally like ff14 smash bros. Everyone is here

I WILL BEAR IT WITH YOU

I really like ff14

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Tyberius posted:

Updated my Paglth'an Summoner look with the recently farmed Darklight gloves/boots. Well worth the 30+ runs for them to drop.

yo thats a dope as poo poo glam, good work

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Level 89 spoiler

Tataru is absolute perfection in that scene

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Chillgamesh posted:

Tataru is absolute perfection in that scene

Perfect capstone to the story when you remember she was like, taking up mining in arr to try to make some cash

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Perfect capstone to the story when you remember she was like, taking up mining in arr to try to make some cash

You may or may not remember this because it got cut from main story

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mister Olympus posted:

Out of everything that was removed from the 2.1-2.5 quest culling, this was the most tragic.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

quote:

As an RL male playing an in-game male Hyur, I find myself somewhat jealous of the fashion options for female characters. After giving it some thought, I thought that perhaps I'm a bit biased, seeing as my reactions towards female clothing and fashion might be being swayed by the form underneath them. Male attires and armors seem geared towards covering up as much as possible. While I'm not running around in Couerl underwear, I'm not really sure (insert proper term for women that like men here) would find that attractive anyway.

I've been making quite an effort to dress myself up and put together attires that I think might be attractive to (insert correct term here for my ignorance), but so far the only responses I've seen have been from shirtless male Viera and Miqote and that's...not...what I was going for? I figure either I'm doing it right, or really... really wrong.

So I was curious: are there any male character attires or outfits that you've found attractive? Perhaps something that isn't obvious? Or maybe something that makes you stop to check out the good?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Source your quotes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Subligar

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Excuse me?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Be gay, do crimes.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mister Olympus posted:

What!! 2.1-2.5 were wayyyy too long but that joke doesn’t hit nearly as hard without it

What a weird omission I guess. Oh well

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Also now omitted was a fun quest with the scions and the sylphs. It delved into how the scions saw each other at that point in time (everyone saw Y'shtola as intimidating, etc).

I think this omission is what gives a lot of new people the impression the scions don't really pop in 2.0

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
It'd be kinda cool to have those cut quests as sidequests instead of MSQ, rather than just having them be gone entirely

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Is it just me or does alchemist feel significantly worse to level than all the other crafters?

Like, I got to 83 and said gently caress it and started doing armorer until I could accumulate enough mousse flesh to be able to craft enough

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Also now omitted was a fun quest with the scions and the sylphs. It delved into how the scions saw each other at that point in time (everyone saw Y'shtola as intimidating, etc).

I think this omission is what gives a lot of new people the impression the scions don't really pop in 2.0

Naw. I've been playing consistently since 2.0 dropped and the scions were poo poo-tier characters until SHB minus Alphinaud and Tataru, the only good ones. Even then Alphi sucks until 3.0.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

hazardousmouse posted:

Is it just me or does alchemist feel significantly worse to level than all the other crafters?

Like, I got to 83 and said gently caress it and started doing armorer until I could accumulate enough mousse flesh to be able to craft enough

I think I just crafted the 81 collectable until 90.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

someone tell this guy the thavnairian tights aren't gender locked anymore

also https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/recipe/23a110e4339/

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

hazardousmouse posted:

Do a FATE, get 14 gems, buy 4 Mousse Flesh + 3 Lunatender Blossoms or whatever combination of them you need.

You can also get a level or so from using Alchemist/whatever DoH job you need to level to do the week's custom deliveries, and if you don't want to craft anything you can buy whatever is needed for the daily GC delivery. Studium quests are also good experience for some light gathering.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
He should make a male Au Ra with a leather jacker.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
GC Turn in stuff each day for ALC CUL MIN BOT and FSH are like, usually <1000 gold each. Just do it as you do it.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Magres posted:

It'd be kinda cool to have those cut quests as sidequests instead of MSQ, rather than just having them be gone entirely

Yeah, seriously. Why straight up delete them? I guess because they have to have NPCs that give sidequests stay in the same place forever, and they can't have Scions do that?

Maybe they could put them in some special section of newgame+.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Magres posted:

yo thats a dope as poo poo glam, good work

😁

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Failboattootoot posted:

Naw. I've been playing consistently since 2.0 dropped and the scions were poo poo-tier characters until SHB minus Alphinaud and Tataru, the only good ones. Even then Alphi sucks until 3.0.

poo poo tier is a little harsh I think, but I'm in the minority who loved Papalymo and Yda's whole shtick.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Seconding that while the removed Sylph bits gave the Scions a little more characterization, it was just another teaspoon into the otherwise giant nearly-empty bucket of their overall personalities at that point. It takes a surprisingly long amount of story for all of them to actually become at all interesting, and even then it's not all at once.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think the worst part of the crafting levelling process is between 63-ish to 70. At this point you should be starting the level 60 Ishgard crafts, but even with the best equipment I have I can never reach the stat requirements for the macros I find. It's like you need melded gear AND the best food AND you need to buy all the poo poo to make the stuff in the first place!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Just do Namazu. You get a cool mount.

Burnt Poffin
Oct 10, 2012
I'm working my way through 4.2 at the moment, and have turned in three catbooks since I completed the base Stormblood story, however, all the listed dungeons for all three catbooks have still only been the ARR and HW dungeon options. Does Wonderous Tails only have those types, or have I just been unlucky at getting any Stormblood dungeons to pop up?

Speaking of 4.2, all the drama and tension that might be drawn from the Garleans attacking the Confederacy, is sort of removed with Alphinaud's vocal effect when he dives. :)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it should only take 2 or 3 days with namazu and the stormblood job quests, yeah

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

cheetah7071 posted:

it should only take 2 or 3 days with namazu and the stormblood job quests, yes yes

Burnt Poffin posted:

I'm working my way through 4.2 at the moment, and have turned in three catbooks since I completed the base Stormblood story, however, all the listed dungeons for all three catbooks have still only been the ARR and HW dungeon options. Does Wonderous Tails only have those types, or have I just been unlucky at getting any Stormblood dungeons to pop up?

There are definitely stamps for leveling dungeons and cap dungeons all the way to EW so it sounds just like RNG

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wait... are there Stormblood equivalents to the Crystaline Mean and Studium quests?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wait... are there Stormblood equivalents to the Crystaline Mean and Studium quests?

I mean there's job quests still at that point which give some experience and there's one per job.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

You don't actually need to use expensive mats unless your optimization process is to get the most exp/leve at a particular level or whatever.

Anything 81 and above is still a bunch of exp, gc dailies custom deliveries, collectables etc. are there as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
aw shiiiiiiiittttt