Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ohh nyooo not the sexpats wont someone think of the sexpats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
If China has orbiting nuclear bomb hovering above the US, are you still "prepping"?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

DiscountDildos posted:

https://twitter.com/CinemaMonsieur/status/1481296414235840521?s=20

A couple years ago a friend told me that China has nuclear bomb-armed satellites in orbit that hover over every region of the US. They can drop them and detonate them on the surface or they could detonate them in the atmosphere creating an EMP effect that would destroy every electronic device and leave the US completely without electricity for weeks at least. It's basically a checkmate situation and this is why our government is too scared to Do Something about China.

I asked him where he read that and he said, entirely without irony, "a prepper group on Facebook." I was pretty high and didn't want the argument so I just said "wow drat that's crazy" and filed it away.

broke: Chinese artifical sun
woke: Chinese artificial moon

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3162972/china-has-built-artificial-moon-simulates-low-gravity-conditions

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

China is gonna make an artificial moon with a chinese dragon inside and then drop it on America, starting the seventh umbral calamity

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

is this a new version im sure weve seen it before

I posted about this before but "Cubstan" is a fake country and they just stole the flag from a DeviantArt page that was making up fake flags for countries that don't exist

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

DiscountDildos posted:

https://twitter.com/CinemaMonsieur/status/1481296414235840521?s=20

A couple years ago a friend told me that China has nuclear bomb-armed satellites in orbit that hover over every region of the US. They can drop them and detonate them on the surface or they could detonate them in the atmosphere creating an EMP effect that would destroy every electronic device and leave the US completely without electricity for weeks at least. It's basically a checkmate situation and this is why our government is too scared to Do Something about China.

I asked him where he read that and he said, entirely without irony, "a prepper group on Facebook." I was pretty high and didn't want the argument so I just said "wow drat that's crazy" and filed it away.

Bro this is literally the plot to call of duty ghosts only it's a US war satellite that gets taken over and used against the us

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Grapplejack posted:

I posted about this before but "Cubstan" is a fake country and they just stole the flag from a DeviantArt page that was making up fake flags for countries that don't exist

Do "Cubstan" and "Qinstan" regions even have muslim majority population? Why "Stan"?

Do Sunni scholars consider "Hui" Muslim?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

The United States must do more than issue ultimatums about sanctions and economic penalties. U.S. leaders should be marshalling an international coalition of the willing, readying military forces to deter Putin and, if necessary, prepare for war.

Love me a coalition of the willing. The last one worked out so well for everyone.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

stephenthinkpad posted:

Do "Cubstan" and "Qinstan" regions even have muslim majority population? Why "Stan"?

Do Sunni scholars consider "Hui" Muslim?

In other balked fantasy China maps what this one calls Goetland is instead Goetsu, so it's almost certainly just the author's personal hangups

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

No one loves war. But

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

Today’s mustering of American and European forces in response to Russia’s military and political aggression must be described for what it is: a fight to preserve the international order and the United Nations established to protect it, including NATO. Remember, the Western alliance was established under the umbrella of the UN Charter, which recognizes a role for regional security organizations to help keep the peace. But lately those organizations and their member states have proven unable to stop Russian expansion.

A lot going on in this paragraph.

quote:

We are now, as a former U.S. ambassador put it in a recently, “at a moment of truth.” If Putin refuses to negotiate about things that are negotiable, like arms controls, and insists on curtailing NATO membership and military basing and operations, we will be a diplomatic standstill. If that happens, our best bet is a new Cold War.
Unlike us, we only refuse to negotiate about things that are non negotiable.

quote:

We must not only condemn Russia’s illegal occupations of Ukraine and Georgia, but we must demand a withdrawal from both countries by a certain date and organize coalition forces willing to take action to enforce it.

The horrible possibility exists that Americans, with our European allies, must use our military to roll back Russians—even at risk of direct combat. But if we don’t now, Putin will force us to fight another day, likely to defend our Baltic or other Eastern European allies.

So she is agitating for war over Crimea and Georgia? A bit loving late don't you think?

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 19:09 on Jan 12, 2022

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

It's interesting that there is no threat to start a war over Kazakhstan, a country the US has the same number of security guarantees with as Ukraine.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Russia would love it if Donetsk and Luhansk were reintigrated, especially if they got more electoral weight. It would assure no pro-NATO Ukrainian leaders for the near term

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Biden needs to get in there and destroy some records

for him it's survival instinct

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Lostconfused posted:

So she is agitating for war over Crimea and Georgia? A bit loving late don't you think?

The International Order is premised on the sanctity of Soviet-era territorial swaps, apparently.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
She just wants war baby, how else she gonna have affairs eith the fat gently caress husband always ariund.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Yes, that sounds an awful lot like not just "we should be prepared to defend Ukraine if Russia attacks" but "in fact even if they don't attack we should be prepared to attack them to roll back perceived prior gains".

It makes sense though, the United States exited one war last year and hasn't started a new one yet, so they're itching to find some new conflict to spend trillions on. Even if Putin doesn't play ball by starting a war, the blob is starting to say hey, maybe the US should start one anyway.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/BNCNews/status/1479274490936893440

lol

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

I remember someone knowing someone from the area there called jinland and they were like "Who the gently caress are the jin" and then I knew that chinas cultural genocide was absolute.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

has it occurred to anyone that if at any point over the last year our media had just shut the gently caress up about the insurrection people in other countries would probably be just as ignorant about it as the ones who actually live here

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The pattern of American interventions in frozen conflicts has basically just reduced to choosing which side gets to do the ethnic cleansing. Evelyn Farkas's vision for Ukraine is to have victorious NATO forces stand by and watch while Azov battalion empties the Donetsk of Russian speakers - just like they did in Kosovo.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
"the insurrection" lmao just lmao

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
never forget 1/6, where 3 entire americans lost their lives.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Muscle Wizard posted:

"the insurrection" lmao just lmao

The only people who care about that poo poo are media people, and people like my very liberal coworker who thought that congresspeople were actually under threat in the most heavily surveilled city in the US.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The only people who care about that poo poo are media people, and people like my very liberal coworker who thought that congresspeople were actually under threat in the most heavily surveilled city in the US.

its a great indicator of how 'deep' someone is in terms of media brainwashing imo.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I remember someone knowing someone from the area there called jinland and they were like "Who the gently caress are the jin" and then I knew that chinas cultural genocide was absolute.

If only Yang khang didnt get poison..

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/MollyMcKew/status/1481242963078520834

i like how if you actually read the text you see that whoever wrote this was calling the prime ministerr deadbeat hetereo dad a drunk not her cool lesbian moms

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/DanBoeckner/status/1480959989967642626

Also lmfao at this:

https://twitter.com/queeralamode/status/1480996704954425344

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

https://twitter.com/gabeyousofine/status/1480997946296455170

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/Tellythecairn/status/1481296856198094854?s=20

At what 'caust?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DiscountDildos posted:

At what 'caust?

:vince:

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

"For the officials, virus control comes first. The people's lives, well-being and dignity come much later."

:hmmrona:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

China is a nation of 1.4 billion Little Eichmanns

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
my parents in Miami just asked if Shen Yun is any good

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If they have free tickets then it's a real spectacle alright - otherwise they shouldn't waste their money.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

DiscountDildos posted:

"For the officials, virus control comes first. The people's lives, well-being and dignity come much later."

:hmmrona:

as opposed to America, where the officials care nothing at all for any of those four things

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

thread title, pls

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Adam Friedland time shifted

Glad to see he picked himself up after 2022 - the year the pod died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

finally read the Klion article, lol what a useless piece of poo poo article. the position of "disseminate all state dept propaganda, only stopping short of calling for open war" has been what the left has been doing for my entire life. but at least more people learned the word Tankie