Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
A pasta restaurant, except Hulk Hogan is running it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

A steak restaurant where it all seems fine, but then when they bring out your steak it's actually a "stake" and the waiters all get out their phones and film you getting angry that you've been ripped off, and they're like, "it's just a prank bro hahaha", filming and laughing for ages

This except you are expected to figure out who the stake is meant for as one of your fellow diners is a vampire. Anyone who suggests that this is a lie is immediately staked by the waiters. If you stake the vampire, you get a 10% discount on your order, otherwise you and your friends collapse after the meal is over and all wake up with bites on your neck. And no, the vampire is not stupid enough to get themselves staked for you, or turn you into a vampire (unless you sign the check and all the papers under it, in which case now you're contractually bound to get at least one meal a week from the place).

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Mozi posted:

uh... it's String the wrestler, wearing Sting the singer's outfit from Dune

...as soon as I get me a nice big pile of venture capital, I believe you will have yourself a deal

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
a chili restaurant but they have disgusting chili and they put it on spaghetti and cheese and you are stuck in ohio with a serious meth addiction

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right
Hungry Like a Mofongo (stylized Mofo-N-Go )
100% mofongo drive-thru restaurant.

Keep the plantains and garlic as the base, but it's like a Cole Porter song after that- anything goes!

Try our gummi worm mofongo, shaved iced mofongo, haggis-infused mofongo, Rocky Road mofongo, General Tso-fongo, and our new flavor, Bluefongo!

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Chinatown posted:

a chili restaurant but they have disgusting chili and they put it on spaghetti and cheese and you are stuck in ohio with a serious meth addiction

Love the idea of a restaurant where if you eat there you live in ohio

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Chilly's: A fried chicken and hot sauce place except they use menthol-based "cold sauce."
The chicken is also cold.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Nothing But Grits

All they serve is grits. No butter, no salt, tap water only.

Every Tuesday, they get in two 2 liter bottles of lemon-lime soda from Dollar General as a treat. Oh, and you have to cook the grits yourself.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

It turns out the restaurant is your kitchen.

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

TheScuta 6.66
May 10, 2005
Don't rip me off.
This is a very high-concept art idea it goes like this:

All Yu Can Eat Buffet

People pay a nominal entry fee and enter expecting a traditional buffet, but instead they are seated in theater style seats and watch an incredibly large Asian man (maybe Sumo?) named "Yu" eat as much as he can. You pay to watch Yu eat as much as he can. There might be a betting booth on the side like sports betting (over/under etc) for the amount "Yu" can eat. I imagine a staff of 5-10 different very large, hungry "Yu"s to keep the place operating daily.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

your meal includes an NFT of the meal

.random
May 7, 2007

A barbecue joint but instead of using actual barbecue sauce, they just toss everything in vinegar and jalapeños. Paid actors pretend that this is all good and normal - and in fact, delicious!

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
Food or Booze

One side is a mediocre taco stand, the other side serves booze. (Actually, I don't know if this is bad)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

My long standing restruant idea was instead of hooters, it would be called camel toe, and the waiteress's (and waiters) just wear really tight pants.

No idea about the food yet, maybe like a modern fusion of what ever we find in the fridge and what can be bought down the road.

Like steamed hams!! this is all coming together.

I need to start a go find me

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

scottish food

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Beet Booby Flay

Food Network star Bobby Flay's new vegetarian restaurant.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
The Barnyard

farm-to-table just isn't enough anymore - it's time to take the table to the farm! come to this new down-to-earth concept restaurant to steal eggs out of the chicken coop, slaughter a sheep and dig up some carrots to enjoy in your delicious, extremely fresh meal

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
a free steakhouse but you have to take a kick directly in the dick + balls every 5 minutes

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Food or Booze

One side is a mediocre taco stand, the other side serves booze. (Actually, I don't know if this is bad)

how are customers, etc. expected to adhere to the implications of “or” as it’s used here? because without some sort of strategy to address this, your “or” transforms into an “and” p. much immediately, and then you’re up a creek with a gimmickless restaurant

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Chinatown posted:

a restaurant run by mods

Somebody already said Subway.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The Ancient Forager

Party like its 199,999 BC. We light 20 acres forest on fire, then you can pick as many cooked tubers and small reptiles from the ashes as you can eat!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Chinatown posted:

a free steakhouse but you have to take a kick directly in the dick + balls every 5 minutes

What about Soup To Nuts.

Your meal could be free but you have to let them dump a bowl of scalding hot soup on your crotch.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

we take local, farm fresh ingredients and elevate it by serving it on a rustic piece of wood

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The Hard Rock Cafe but the food is actually hard rocks disguised to look like food and your teeth just shatter and crumble as you politely chew your "burger", blood dripping from your shredded gums

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
the first restaurant on the blockchain! you're not just buying a burger, you're paying to mine a unique NFT! enjoy proof of ownership long after the burger has passed into the sewer, and sell it on as it gains in value!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chinatown posted:

Is the steak good? Like dry aged stuff?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The GBStaurant. Serves normal food but the walls are big screens and masaokis videos are rolling in a constant cycle.

The cspam restaurant only serves beans.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
a Restaurant where food costs just Penny's on the dolar

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Is the steak good? Like dry aged stuff?

dry aged is bullshit imo

just get a nice porterhouse or ribeye medium rare

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
a steak restaurant where the steaks aren't just dry-aged, they're downright stinky

"garcon, i didn't order this bleu cheese!"

"sir, that's the steak"

Mozi fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 13, 2022

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
A restaurant where you are cryogenically frozen until an era with mealical technology advanced enough to meet the chef's vision.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
An Italian restaurant where there is no menu and instead the chef conducts a physical examination of you and brings something based off that.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Queef Wellingtons

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Buttfucker's

it's like Fuddrucker's, with one small difference

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Outback Shithouse

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chinatown posted:

dry aged is bullshit imo

just get a nice porterhouse or ribeye medium rare

There’s this super fancy expensive steakhouse in Montreal that has like aged steaks in the window and we’ve been drooling over it since 2008 when we first started going to Montreal annually. We finally went there in 2018 and my friend ordered a ribeye medium rare and it took them three tries to get it right and they didn’t even comp it.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
wouldn't have that problem at kean's chophouse

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

cop bbq where you have to salute the cops everyday at noon while reciting the pledge of allegiance and sometimes sucking their dicks in the bathroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bro Dad posted:

cop bbq where you have to salute the cops everyday at noon while reciting the pledge of allegiance and sometimes sucking their dicks in the bathroom

pretty sure this exists all over the south