Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That pic makes it look like Shatter's not bothering with the ablative armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Glad a thread exists for Battlebots, this is the first time my parents and I were able to catch a season from the beginning. Deep Six went from being hated to loved by one of them.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Apparently if you send $5 a month to someone and get into the Battlebots Supporters group on Facebook you can can watch the YouTube exclusive early.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Mammoth vs. Hijinx should be a weird fun match.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I saw on the website that there is one bot that is actually 2 bots. How does that work?

Also, how on earth does that really long snake bot actually work? Is it at all effective?

Is the giant bot with the massive wheels as hilarious is reality as my head thinks it will be?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Looten Plunder posted:

I saw on the website that there is one bot that is actually 2 bots. How does that work?

Also, how on earth does that really long snake bot actually work? Is it at all effective?

Is the giant bot with the massive wheels as hilarious is reality as my head thinks it will be?

The weight limit applies to a sum of all bots. I think there's also a rule where one bot has to be at least X% of the total mass but i forget what the number is maybe 60%??

Smeeeeeeeeeeee? No it isn't, really

Huge? Yes

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Lone Goat posted:

The weight limit applies to a sum of all bots. I think there's also a rule where one bot has to be at least X% of the total mass but i forget what the number is maybe 60%??

Smeeeeeeeeeeee? No it isn't, really

Huge? Yes

The mass thing is what percentage of the bots (by weight) has to be KOed for a KO finish (obviously only if you’ve got more than one)

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I dunno the current rules but often tournaments have a mass% bonus for multibots and a mass% knockout threshold for same. So hypothetically you can bring four tiny bots that are effectively cosmetic and one bot that does something and be fine even if tiny ones fail at the starting line.

NHRL had a ton of very effective multibot teams because of a fairly generous weight bonus. A couple finals matches were multibot vs multibot.

If you slept on watching the NHRL finals live, it's basically twelve hours straight of cool fights and you should go check it out, they have three weight classes and have a lot of the big names from BattleBots competing (including experimental versions of their big systems).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

250 one pound bots vs. anything

Whoever wins, we win

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

So do you just start giving remotes to the audience? I don't think you can fit 250 people around box.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Great Beer posted:

So do you just start giving remotes to the audience? I don't think you can fit 250 people around box.

Either a team of volunteers or just have them all more or less slaved to the same controller(s)

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

is pepsi ok posted:

Mammoth vs. Hijinx should be a weird fun match.

The same parent that turned around on Deep Six still hates Huge and Mammoth with a passion despite pointing out that both manage to win fights.

She laughed her rear end off when Icewave ripped Huge in two.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to see Huge. It looks ridiculous.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seems like it's around 4am EST when they are putting the new episodes up on Discovery Plus. Honestly it's a pretty sweet perk to get to watch the show before the Discovery channel airing... Also nice since I'm not a fool that buys cable TV.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Looten Plunder posted:

making Bots out of Lego
Now that brings back memories, I used to do that back in the day after watching Robot Wars. I think I still have pictures of some of them somewhere, will check when I get home from work.

Edit: Found 'em. Pictures of the full lineup of 16 bots I had. Watching AGDQ right now, can post them later.

Edit 2: I'll channel 10 year old Kenny and post about my AWESOME LEGO FIGHTING ROBOTS after I've watched this week's episode.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 13, 2022

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Stone Punkbull 141 posted:

The same parent that turned around on Deep Six still hates Huge and Mammoth with a passion despite pointing out that both manage to win fights.

She laughed her rear end off when Icewave ripped Huge in two.

All three of those bots rule. I like big bots and I cannot lie.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Has Rotator really never won

Lol

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Ror posted:

All three of those bots rule. I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Last season's high point was Huge vs Mammoth

:pgi::pgi:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Good for Catter. The bot looks good this year.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Has Rotator really never won

Lol

They've had wins, going 1-2 in season 5's quals.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Didn't Rotator win a bounty tournament last year?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Defender should consider installing a weapon

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I have no idea what Defender was supposed to do

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Rotator has never won it's first fight in the season, it's obviously won fights before.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I have no idea what Defender was supposed to do

It's a clamp lifter like complete control. The blue bar underneath goes down and lifts the entire robot though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I like how they clearly just try to schedule weird fights for the weird robots. Let's make Mammoth fight the lowest to the ground robot in the field

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yesssss Mammoth rules

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh wow, Mammoth doing actual damage to someone. There's a first time for everything!

Edit: Ah, OK you can see on the slo mo Mammoth just kinda unbalanced Hijinks a bit and it hosed itself up through the blade hitting the ground.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Kraken-Rotator should be awesome

I forgot the rules if they get stuck are "We send a dude out with a crowbar to see if he can get them apart"

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 14, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So many pieces of Kraken all over the box

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

What a hit by Rotator to defang Kraken

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That was one hell of a fight.

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
More bots should be packing pressurized gas.

So I can watch when the vessels rupture.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Rusty nooooooooo :(

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Tantrum-Malice went about as you'd expect

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This should be a great one. Gotta bet on Whiplash of course

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, he actually got a shelf knockout!

Well if anybody was gonna do it ...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It's vaguely bullshit you can be counted out that late in a match

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Upper Decker sounds like someone taking a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

It's vaguely bullshit you can be counted out that late in a match

Nah, they didn't move for like 25 seconds before the countdown even started.

I thought the rules were that a 10-second countdown starts as soon as you're on the shelf