Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I'm tellin ya, goddam soviet union-era shortages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
whats a cumberland sausage roll? is this a UK location or something?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Chinatown posted:

The pound currency symbol kinda gives it away

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
2 British pounds is like $4 American. :(

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

pnumoman posted:

The pound currency symbol kinda gives it away

brexit sure is working well! nice work idiots!!!

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Gatts posted:

it's closer to $2.75 American.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Gatts posted:

Maybe 15 years ago, yes. Now, not quite.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I hope none of you are sleeping on the discounted 505 Hatch green chiles, it's a steal.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Chinatown posted:

They've got a price in £ so yeah, foreigners. All are welcome in the temple pbuc.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Relevant Tangent posted:

I hope none of you are sleeping on the discounted 505 Hatch green chiles, it's a steal.

they're so good

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

Uh oh. Hopefully this doesn't mean they're getting rid of them.

Shania Twain
Aug 25, 2008
Hannah brand falafel owns

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
THE SPEECH SUPPRESSOR

Remember: it's "antisemitic" to protest genocide as long as the targets are brown.

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm pretty sure the super special key command for non US cards does not apply to Canadian cards, those you can just scan like normal (or maybe that's only the case for me because I'm super close to the Canadian border).

I've been to Costcos in four different states in the past month. I don't think anyone even noticed I had a Canadian card.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

pentyne posted:

wtf even is Pepsi max?

https://youtu.be/3uiPjgS0DWU

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
I have finally had the Junior's Mini Cheesecakes and they are lovely! And no longer at my church. Of course.
I found the ham and cheese croissant pastry things and goddamn I could eat them all day.

Thank you so much, thread.

PBUC

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Anybody know if the Kirkland plant-based burger patties are good?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Heading to church later today and I’ve got olive oil on my list

Refresh my memory - which one was the thread-approved best olive oil? I remember there being a few different ones and a clear winner

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I believe the Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

It should be actual, real olive oil.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Whooping Crabs posted:

Maybe 15 years ago, yes. Now, not quite.

Oh shi…I’m not up on conversion rates then. Well I haven’t traveled to the UK in literally 15 years funny enough. :newlol:

Chocobosayskweh
Oct 11, 2009
Anyone try the Baroni wafer cookies? They come in a red and green combo bag, one is Al Cocoa, the other alla Noccióla (hazelnut). I found them a couple months ago, but no luck the last few visits. No stock reported online either.

PBUC

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
https://www.instagram.com/p/CYpd9yFvHQN/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 13, 2022

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive bought a few bottles of the carapelli olive oil "100% unfiltered organic evoo" from costco and it seems good to me, an idiot

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

several years ago I bought a NovaForm fold-up mattress at Costco which was nice to get out once in a while. sadly it has worn down and I never see those anywhere at my local Costco

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
My wife and I are about to spend a bunch of cash on home upgrades. Anyone had any experience with like the flooring services and stuff?

They have a big appliance sale right now I guess, which we are considering. Quite a few on display although who the hell spends $2k on a gas range or $2k on a fridge with a built-in tablet?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Idiots buy gas ranges and fridges that require microchips and WiFi, that’s who.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

pentyne posted:

wtf even is Pepsi max?

It's complicated.

In the US it was a sugar free soda that didn't taste sugar free (I think the ginseng helped cover it up, plus one of the ingredients used overseas was illegal in the US for a long time) and had double the caffeine at 69mg per 12oz can. It's called Pepsi Zero Sugar now.

The overseas versions are sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame potassium and I think that's where the Max branding came from. They have different flavoring compared to the US version, from what I understand, and a typically low caffeine level.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

pentyne posted:

wtf even is Pepsi max?

Regular diet coke has too much of a feminine vibe. So this alternative diet soda is branded for men

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

MisterOblivious posted:

It's complicated.

In the US it was a sugar free soda that didn't taste sugar free (I think the ginseng helped cover it up, plus one of the ingredients used overseas was illegal in the US for a long time) and had double the caffeine at 69mg per 12oz can. It's called Pepsi Zero Sugar now.

The overseas versions are sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame potassium and I think that's where the Max branding came from. They have different flavoring compared to the US version, from what I understand, and a typically low caffeine level.

In Australia it's fairly similar to (the now discontinued) coke Zero.
It is quite different from normal Pepsi and we don't really see any of the other diet Pepsi variants much here.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

jeeves posted:

Hey man that super expensive Bosch dishwasher I bought has a wonderful drying feature I've used literally once!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
FYI Michigan Costco's may have gotten in their shipment of Bell's Hop Slam, just FYI. It's like $58 for a 24 pack at the Madison Heights Costco, I have absolutely zero need for twenty four bottles of Hop Slam, but one of you might

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

RocketLunatic posted:

My wife and I are about to spend a bunch of cash on home upgrades. Anyone had any experience with like the flooring services and stuff?

They have a big appliance sale right now I guess, which we are considering. Quite a few on display although who the hell spends $2k on a gas range or $2k on a fridge with a built-in tablet?

I haven’t used any of the services, I’d definitely trust them more than Lowes or Home Depot though.

I bought all my new appliances from Costco when we bought our house two years ago, mainly because of the stupid long extended warranty on them with my Costco Visa.

jeeves posted:

Hey pal, my dishwasher lets me know when it needs rinse aid via the app.

That’s all I got

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 13, 2022

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

thathonkey posted:

ive bought a few bottles of the carapelli olive oil "100% unfiltered organic evoo" from costco and it seems good to me, an idiot

In my experience this is delicious for eating and dipping, but spatters a lot when cooking in a skillet and such. No actual taste issues, just a little messier.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

There is a grocery strike in my state right now. It has made me even more happy to be a church member, they're the only grocery type store that has seemingly treated their employees right and have taken the pandemic as seriously as :capitalism: allows. Wish they were a union shop, but the pay and bennies are close enough that they might as well be.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

LionYeti posted:

There is a grocery strike in my state right now. It has made me even more happy to be a church member, they're the only grocery type store that has seemingly treated their employees right and have taken the pandemic as seriously as :capitalism: allows. Wish they were a union shop, but the pay and bennies are close enough that they might as well be.

I think Costco's strategy is to treat their workers so well they don't want to unionize. Like there are costs to running a union, in theory "rational" businesses would calculate the cost of running a union for their employees, and then calculate out benefits and wages such that it doesn't make economic sense for their workers to unionize. But that is so obviously not what happens; it always makes me laugh when people refer to firms as rational "profit-maximizing" entities. And yes I mean rational in the technical economic sense.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Goodpancakes posted:

Regular diet coke has too much of a feminine vibe. So this alternative diet soda is branded for men

they are dropping "diet" in favor of "no sugar" because ~*millennials!!!*~ dont like the word "diet" anymore.

according to some overpaid marketing people

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Chinatown posted:

they are dropping "diet" in favor of "no sugar" because ~*millennials!!!*~ dont like the word "diet" anymore.

according to some overpaid marketing people

Overpaid is redundant here.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

pseudanonymous posted:

I think Costco's strategy is to treat their workers so well they don't want to unionize. Like there are costs to running a union, in theory "rational" businesses would calculate the cost of running a union for their employees, and then calculate out benefits and wages such that it doesn't make economic sense for their workers to unionize.

I worked for a unionized Costco (South SF) once. You had to do 3 months seasonal + 3 months probation before you could go full-time.

I also remember one of the HR employees saying they had 3 months of leave each year after being with the location for 16 years, good stuff.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Self-checkout at mine took away the scanners from each register and now you gotta wait for an employee to scan. :(

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

phosdex posted:

Self-checkout at mine took away the scanners from each register and now you gotta wait for an employee to scan. :(

This happened to the Costco near me as well. I assume a customer ruined it for all of us by breaking a scanner or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

This happened to the Costco near me as well. I assume a customer ruined it for all of us by breaking a scanner or something.

Or walked out with one.