Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

the paradigm shift posted:

what about the cars between max and sainz

Lmfao yeah this is the point

Lewis was def in a bad situation but the whole argument was following the established procedure would have meant either cars between lewis and max or finishing under yellow. Masi changed the rules on the fly because he thought it would be cool, that’s the loving issue lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He always sounds like a man who has just lost his balance and is running screaming down a steep hill going "no no I'm fine! Leave me alone!"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Feels Villeneuve posted:

FIA are giving Mercedes $999 billion, and also allowing them to run the Brabham Fan Car next year.
This would be a very correct and moral outcome, because Niki was John the Baptist to Sir Lewis’s Jesus of Nazareth, and Niki won in the fan car.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Isn’t Lando actually Belgian like Max?

Stroll, Max and Lando can race under the Belgian flag if they wanted.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

they should have done better in the first 21 races tobe in contention

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So what's going on with Lewis' giant tantrum and the reports from Mercedes on the progress of said tantrum and FIA? Well it's being reported as if FIA is turbofucked because Mercedes is on their case but...

Mercedes is the one turbofucked with Lewis here. If they don't get the result Lewis wants, eg that they don't gently caress up a season like they did last year and if possible, a FIA that will be nicer to him, he won't come back. For Mercedes that means getting the right deal from FIA and avoid a nasty contractual buyout situation enforced by Lewis' lawyers.

That's what all this public song and dance from Mercedes is about, to convince Lewis that they're trying to get the best deal from FIA they can. Lewis doesn't care if he doesn't have any leverage over FIA, he only has to gently caress Mercedes over and that will be enough for him. That's not looking good for Mercedes, they can't predict the future and I have serious doubts FIA will actually fix anything to anyone's satisfaction let alone Lewis'.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

It was just Ricciardo I think, and then Schumacher was the only other lapped car further behind.

Masi should have just let all the cars unlap themselves a lap earlier - then there would have been no issue and it would just be a poo poo happens event. Though I would have really loved to see a crying Max in an interview like Andy Roddick after Fed beat him for his 6th or 7th or whatever title.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
That said, I will laugh really hard if they do pull some fuckery a la WRC 1986 where Markku Alen was WDC for 11 days before having it revoked. I think that's the only other time its happened

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Rhopunzel posted:

That said, I will laugh really hard if they do pull some fuckery a la WRC 1986 where Markku Alen was WDC for 11 days before having it revoked. I think that's the only other time its happened

It would be hilarious if they'd semi-cave to Mercedes and annul the 2021 Abu Dhabi race leaving Lewis and Max with 369.5 points each and Max still WDC 2021 for having more race wins.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Isn't going to matter going forward.

The only cars between Max in the back and Carlos in the front will be backmarkers Max won't be able to overtake in his piece of poo poo car as Scud Bois go for 1/2 in every race...

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

refleks posted:

Isn't going to matter going forward.

The only cars between Max in the back and Carlos in the front will be backmarkers Max won't be able to overtake in his piece of poo poo car as Scud Bois go for 1/2 in every race...

#forzaferrari

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Griefor posted:

It would be hilarious if they'd semi-cave to Mercedes and annul the 2021 Abu Dhabi race leaving Lewis and Max with 369.5 points each and Max still WDC 2021 for having more race wins.

Lol this is the best possible outcome

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Griefor posted:

What would be the WCC implications for teams not named mercedes or red bull if that happened?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ilmucche posted:

What would be the WCC implications for teams not named mercedes or red bull if that happened?

I honestly think that is the bigger hangup.
It would gently caress over a Sainz podium, a Yuki P4, Ga5ly etc.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

It was just Ricciardo I think, and then Schumacher was the only other lapped car further behind.

Masi should have just let all the cars unlap themselves a lap earlier - then there would have been no issue and it would just be a poo poo happens event. Though I would have really loved to see a crying Max in an interview like Andy Roddick after Fed beat him for his 6th or 7th or whatever title.

crane was still on the track I believe

speng31b
May 8, 2010

ewe2 posted:

So what's going on with Lewis' giant tantrum and the reports from Mercedes on the progress of said tantrum and FIA? Well it's being reported as if FIA is turbofucked because Mercedes is on their case but...

Mercedes is the one turbofucked with Lewis here. If they don't get the result Lewis wants, eg that they don't gently caress up a season like they did last year and if possible, a FIA that will be nicer to him, he won't come back. For Mercedes that means getting the right deal from FIA and avoid a nasty contractual buyout situation enforced by Lewis' lawyers.

That's what all this public song and dance from Mercedes is about, to convince Lewis that they're trying to get the best deal from FIA they can. Lewis doesn't care if he doesn't have any leverage over FIA, he only has to gently caress Mercedes over and that will be enough for him. That's not looking good for Mercedes, they can't predict the future and I have serious doubts FIA will actually fix anything to anyone's satisfaction let alone Lewis'.

Watching idiots read their own biases into the tea leaves of Lewis's silence and a bunch of unsubstantiated articles on "sources" is pretty good comedy too.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Having an enforced break from this thread has been really great, but it's time to come home. Let's see what the fine lads in the worst thread are talking about

Oh

Oh no

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

If masi had let the race finish under yellow would it have been this controversial? i doubt it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Only for Max fans, and they would have invented something to be upset about anyway

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

refleks posted:

Is there a good reason why they moved away from drive-through

Back to this for a second, was there a single drive-thru penalty in 2021?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My Lewis Hamilton husbando body pillow arrived today can't wait to break this bad boy in with a thick ropey load

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Theophany posted:

My Lewis Hamilton husbando body pillow arrived today can't wait to break this bad boy in with a thick ropey load

You have the weirdest loving relationships

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Theophany posted:

Please no

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ilmucche posted:

You have the weirdest loving relationships

Long distance is hard and I have needs :(

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ban

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Let's all write our best fanfic about what's going on between Lewis and Merc and the FIA

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

ArmZ posted:

If masi had let the race finish under yellow would it have been this controversial? i doubt it.

It would have been if the track was clear with a couple laps left, which it was.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
this thread loving sucks when its about f1 stuff holy balls

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Theophany posted:

the gently caress is this

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Gerblederp posted:

the gently caress is this

it's a good post is what it is

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
All the posts are good. Except the ones about watches and air fryers.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It would have been if the track was clear with a couple laps left, which it was.

If they released the lapped cars according to the rules then the race would've finished under yellow.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
They're putting gravel in the runoff at the bus stop chicane at Spa:

I would like to be the heavy equipment operator that gets to drive a big rear end tractor around Spa.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Griefor posted:

Remembering that he only has that tie breaker because of the lmao all yellow Spa “race”

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Username and post check out

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Critics will justifiably say that this post is ew and cringe, but the moral thrust of it is sound.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I would like to be the heavy equipment operator that gets to drive a big rear end tractor around Spa.

Lol is that a Lamborghini tractor? Bwoah.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Critics will justifiably say that this post is ew and cringe, but the moral thrust of it is sound.

Nicole could never love him like I do

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Budkowski out of Alpine, possibly to be replaced by Otmar?

https://www.sport.pl/F1/7,96296,280...&s=BoxSportImg2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
#forzaotmar